It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a muslim. I'm not violent/radical. Tell me I'm lying!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

All excellent questions and I will give my opinionated answer on all of them in a few.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

Every incident you post is true, but this muslim proclaims himself opposed to the radical teachings. Until shown otherwise, I shall take him at his word. Can't you do the same?
If every time a muslim does come out in opposition to the radicals we call him a liar, how shall we ever get other moderates to speak up?

edit on 6-3-2011 by sonofliberty1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I am a Christian. I like Muslims and their religion. I like Jews and their religion. I like Buddhists and their religion. I like Mormons and their religion. I dislike Scientology. Some of the worst human beings I have met are Christians - professing to love Jesus.
Hey, historically we Christians had the Spanish Inquisition, and burned 'witches' at the stake.
Not all of us hate Muslims - we actually like you.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

As for the cited Quranic verses, if you actually read them on your own, outside of a website and definitely outside of wikipedia you would know that the concept of taking a non believer as a friend to guard yourself was revealed during a time of torture and hardcore oppression to the Muslims in Arabia. That's exactly why I say that people have to learn to apply the faith to 2011 But you don't HAVE to believe anything I say.

Yeah, except:

Sura 5:80 "You would see many of them allying themselves with those who disbelieve. Miserable indeed is what their hands have sent forth on behalf of their souls. GOD is angry with them and, consequently, they will abide forever in retribution."

Sura 5:81 " Had they believed in GOD, and the prophet, and in what was revealed to him herein, they would not have befriended them. But many of them are evil."

I refer again to this post where the OP has demonstrably contradicted himself by his own ignorance:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I wonder when people in this thread will start seeing through this obvious BS.
edit on 6-3-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

Mod Note: The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS
edit on 3/6/2011 by maria_stardust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

this pretty much explains it all you don't have to give justifications to ignorants...

link   
reply to post by skeptic_al

What is up with people and these judgment scenarios??? To each his own, enjoy your pork my dude.

link   
reply to post by Griffo515

got to gently disagree, if you compare how Saladin (no i havent seen that film) treated the christian captives and how the christians treated their muslim captives, there can be only one 'good side' for want of a better term. However both sides have had their atrocities. For religions that profess to worship the same God, it is sad that there seems to be so little common ground. Both prophets Jesus and Mohammed (peace be upon him) said many great things that their followers corrupted and debased to their own aims.

Muslim brothers and sisters, and Christian brothers and sisters should be encouraged on his forum for open and honest discourse.

For my own point of view, the writings of the Dalia Lama can help to bring harmony and tolerance to both points of view....

Freedom For Tibet

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
islam or what ever chosen are ways of life
you cannot BE muslim or anything else
not by by birth or death
the same is with countries which have imaginary borders
physical life is a temporary illusion

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Maybe you're not violent or radical.

But the Koran certainly is. I'd disassociate myself from it if i were you.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mossesmos
www.youtube.com...

this pretty much explains it all you don't have to give justifications to ignorants...

This is your evidence?

The description in of the video

one of the best scenes from kurbaan bollywood movie(2009)....redefining terrorism....a muslim in US debating over invasion of white allied forces in afganistan & iraq.......leaves whole classroom full of americans totally

They're all a bunch of white guys huh?

There are no Black or even Arab soldiers in the US armed forces?

Talk about ignorance.

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.
edit on 3/6/2011 by maria_stardust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

Forcing somebody to agree with my perspective is the SAME thing radicals attempt to do so tell me, why the heck would I do it??

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Could you address these posts please, sir?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

You're terribly misunderstood. It's not Mahdi's return, it's his emergence. We are ALSO awaiting the second coming of Jesus.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo515
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

Brilliantly said my friend, You worded that just perfectly. But you have to ask yourself, has humanity really changed that much in 2000 years? what makes you think we will be any differently in another 2000?

Because in 2000 years we wont have the mind set of the 50s ,60s, 70s,80s ,90s, all the way up to the year 2300,once the 2300 group on down have died off ,then the mind set will be set over, for its showing already.

has humanity really changed that much in 2000 years?

No, the only thing that separates this race of humans from the prehistoric humans is electricity, other then that, still primitive thinking humans. Still evolving...not a damn difference,’ sad'

'Shaking head left to right' >probably the only human who actually feels sorry for God'

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

He probably knows a lot more about it that a non-Muslim would. Sharia law is implemented to differing degrees and is interpreted differently throughout the Muslim world, as is much of the Qur'an. It is a system of law and is not always implemented in line with the ethical frameworks presented in the Qur'an. The quotes you provided are extremely out of context and you interpret them in a manner in which you present your analytical opinions as facts.

What's your point anyway? Are Christianity and Judaism perfect models? I don't see why you feel so compelled to detract from the OP's call for a slightly less hostile attitude towards Muslims. He's reflecting the general perspectives of moderate Muslims, yet you choose deflect from this and criticise the Qur'an rather than discuss his values. Overindulgence of alcohol seems to be a sin in Christianity, but most Christians still get drunk. How do you think Islamic Studies is taught? Teachers don't just give a Qur'an to kids and say 'here, learn this'.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by arollingstone

Excuse me, but my problem with the OP is his lack of understanding of the Koran and his misleading statements regarding what is and is not Shari'a Law, and even what the Koran says.

He sounds like someone reading the Wiki page on Islam and regurgitating it. I've done my home work, have you?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

So in your view why is he wrong, qualify your statements as you make them.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Swanseadog

I have more than qualified my statements.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by current93

I dont disagree that Saladin was not a moral leader of his people, im just saying he was not always there for the battle, only the greater half of the end...seeing as though it DID go for almost 400 years, BOTH sides had their crimes to answer for. Regardless of how the war started, there was no real "right or wrong" side.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

Well, it's the same Qur'an, translated and interpreted in different forms. Therefore you have some who took a verse that applied in 5th century Arabia, and began to preach it at face value in 1995 and that just doesn't work.

Shi'a, and Sunni sects are a product of the schism that took place after the death of the Prophet over who was to inherit leadership. The main reason I don't follow either one is because their basis is strictly political. The Shi'a believe that Prophet Muhammads cousin Imam Ali should have inherited it due the fact that he was a relative of the Prophet, however Sunni's believe that Omar Ibn Al-Khattab was correct to receive the leadership. From their the two just branched off in different directions.

During that process of the splitting up of Islam, Islam was actually broken apart and became compartmentalized. Sufism is the inner realm of Islam which deals with the person having a personal relationship with God and yearning for him. When the system of worship was first revealed, this was just a normal part of it, but afterward, it was turned into a sect and the practitioners became "the sufi's". I've seen in the past couple of years more and more muslims begin to understand sufism for what it is and have started to implement it in their lives via meditations and such.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join