It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a muslim. I'm not violent/radical. Tell me I'm lying!

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Bad apples.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I accuse you of lying.

I accuse you of lying about being a muslim; you are not.

If you were muslim, you woud follow everything it says in the koran.

In the koran, it says you are to kill homosexuals, and a bunch of other people.

If you don't folow the koran, how can you claim to be muslim? You have perverted muslim to your beliefs, making it not muslim anymore. Pick a new name for your religion.
edit on 6-3-2011 by craig732 because: (no reason given
edit on 6-3-2011 by craig732 because: (no reason given)

Mod Note: The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS
edit on 3/6/2011 by maria_stardust because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Your problem is that by being a moderate Muslim, you are not a devoted lover of Mohammed. That's where you lose battle against the fundamental crazy Muslims. And that's where your whole religion's dilemma lies.

Your final destiny is fundamentalism where you become a suicide bomber.

Leave it as quickly as possible.

There is no future of Islam. It will be gone. It's better early than later.

Somehow by some unknown Karma, the Islam maintaines itself with the oil underneath their lands.

Think of the world of free energy that will come overnight like a miracle in the near future.

The Middle East will become financially unsustainable. And their religion will follow the same fate.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Wow...So much to say here. First to the guy stating you have to kill to be Muslim, the Qur'an(not koran) has ten commandments just like those in the Holy Bible. And yes, "Thou shall not kill" is in there! I don't know the muslim faith in depth, but I do know there are extremists of any faith or group of people. Some of the posts, in reply to this guy just wanting some respect as an individual, are down right vindictive! Like he said, what would be the purpose of lying on some stupid website?? What would he gain if he were one of these radicals?? It's not like he is asking for your address so he can make plans to kill you! And from my viewpoint that wouldn't be such a bad thing if he did!! LOL! Considering the majority of people opposing here are probably obese and taking up airspace anyway! Accusing this guy of being a radical and hating him for it is like accusing me of being black and hating me for it. This is MUCH like racism. Yeah there are some bad ones but they're not ALL bad!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

If what you say is true, then I would be proud to call you friend.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Thanks! I'm glad that you appreciate humor! Star and flag.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I'm a white heterosexual Christian male and non-violent. I'm not lying.
Sure, there are some crazy Chritian sects, which I really do not consider as Christians myself.

Look at that poor reporter being beaten and raped, all because they thought she was a Isreal Jewish spy?
The Muslem faith isn't tolerant of any other religions and imposes death sentences on those who renounce their faith. Sharia law is just out of control.
You may not be a violent Muslem, but it appears quite many across the world are very violent.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

Actually, according to Jewish tradition (which predates both christianity and islam), all three groups are descended from Abraham. Muslims, being the progeny of Ishmael, and Christians the progeny of Esau. The Talmud refers to Rome as Edom (who is Esau).

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

You didn't state in your original post where you live.

Regardless, I'll ask you this...

I am a Christian woman.

That being said: Would you take me into your home as a guest and offer me a meal and hospitality if you were living in the 'native' land of your faith?

If you would. You're not Muslim.

If you would not? What exactly does that make you?

peace
edit on 6-3-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Why is this thread on the front page of abovetopsecret? This topic is not even a conspiracy for crying out loud! And if your not a violent muslim, then you are obviously a backslidden muslim.

You need to get right with your allah, and get back to killing Christians and Jews like your told to in your book.
edit on 6-3-2011 by KingKeever1611 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Couldn't agree more. sounds like the poor fellow is on trial and he's the prosecuter.
Peace star.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by hawaii50th

Christians the progeny of Esau. The Talmud refers to Rome as Edom (who is Esau).

What the devil are you smoking?!?! When has Rome ever been "Christians"?

If you recall, rome killed Jesus and fed Christians to lions for sport.

Not only that, Christians are not part of any bloodline, Christians are born again by faith in the shed blood of Jesus Christ for their sins from any and every bloodline.

Roman Catholics are born catholic.

Talmud?!?!?!??! again...Talmud??? please....

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Don’t tell us that you are a muslim, tell us if you are human
and prove it with your religion. I can prove it instead of you.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ellen15

Originally posted by ohioriver

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by Ellen15

It seems that double standards thrive in this day and age. The only thing that is a threat when twisted and radicalized is Islam apparently. Radical Christians aren't called radical, they're called........ Wait, what are they called again???

Your definitions of radical is radically different in each country. Radical Islam= Beheadings,stonings,extreme violence.
Radical Christians in the US= Westboro holding signs of hate at funerals, occasional violence against abortion clinics.

In the US when radical christians perform violence they are tried and punished
In the Middle East when radical Islamiists perform violence they call it Sharia Law.

See the difference? And FYI Hate is not against the law. You can hate who ever or whatever you like.Its called freedom.

Shifting the goal post?

The OP has already said Sharia Law is NOT part of the Quran

Some western countries still have the death sentence in some States, some use torture
(Western Style Sharia Law - barbaric!)

Radical christians have murdered, beaten people, have bombed clinics, killed doctors, women, children, men.. some have planned murder to kill a group of people

Sure use the word hate, but when you kill a group of people, bomb a clinic, beat people because of their 'lifestyle' and/or damage their property ... thats a crime

To me to pretend one sort of crime is lesser than another crime is unforgiveable, its part of that mentality that loves to shift the goal post to pretend they are the best, they are better, when in fact they are not, we are not

We shouldnt paint an entire group with the same brush; cultures, traditions, customs, laws/justice, politics/economy, beliefs, are not the same in each and every country, including inside the Middle East and other countries where Islam is the most popular religion, ie Indonesia, Turkey, Bosnia

We have muslims living in our western countries who dont behead and stone
edit on 5-3-2011 by Ellen15 because: (no reason given)

This game sounds vaguely familiar. Its called passing the buck. The OP is being counted as a muslim. The OP is trying to tell people Islam is not bad. Its kind of like saying Catholics and Baptists don't believe in the same god. Sure their are cultural differences in each area in the ME. The same here in the US. The difference being that murdering people in the US in defense of their respective religions is against the law. When radical christians kill here in the US they are punished. When radical islamists kill in the ME they call it sharia and usually their is no punishment. Yes we have muslims in the US. And they do kill and I remember at least one beheading.

www.cbsnews.com...

Muzzammil "Mo" Hassan is accused of beheading his wife last week, days after she filed for divorce. Authorities have not discussed the role religion or culture might have played, but the slaying gave rise to speculation that it was the sort of "honor killing" more common in countries half a world away, including the couple's native Pakistan.

Nations that include some level of Sharia (leniant sentences for honour killings, ban on new churches, floggings, etc):

1. Indonesia (Flogging, Caning; Sharia applied strictly in Aceh province)
2. Turkey (Restrictions on alcohol)
3. Brunei (Caning, Alcohol is illegal)
4. Jordan (2 years or less for honour killings)
5. Eritrea (Girls as young as 8 can be married, spousal rape is not recognized)
6. Syria (1 year or less for honour killings)
7. Djibouti (Sharia law regarding divorce)
8. Chechnya (Modest dress enforced, Alcohol and gambling suppressed by local authorities)
9. Niger (girls can be married off before they reach puberty)
10. Nigeria (Sharia is enforced in the northern states)
11. Kenya (Ad Hoc Sharia enforced in the east near the border with Somalia)
12. Gambia (Sharia courts decide all family matters, including for non-Muslims)
13. Qatar (public consumption is illegal during Ramadan, Alcohol heavily restricted, blood money acceptable punishment for murder, "kafala" law which is also shared by all Gulf states but Bahrain is technically slavery)

Read more: wiki.answers.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by KingKeever1611

You might want to look up the history of Christianity. It was Rome who spread the religion ie; constantines "conversion".

Rome, which is called Edom by the Talmud, and the Bible says "Esau, he is Edom". And as for being the physical descendants.

A non Jews can convert and become a Jew, and therebye become a 'descendant' of Abraham. Likewise, an Asian can convert and become a Muslim, and become a 'descendant' of Abraham, through Ishmael. And again, one can convert to Christianity and become a descendant of Abraham, through Esau.

Obviously, this isnt literal, but figurative. Ones connection to Abraham and the G-d of Abraham is strictly spiritual, although there are those legitimate cases of direct lineage to Abraham. The main point however is the spiritual - ideological connection to Abraham, and the conception of G-d which he pioneered.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by craig732
I accuse you of lying.

edit on 6-3-2011 by craig732 because: (no reason given
edit on 6-3-2011 by craig732 because: (no reason given)

I accuse you of being a troll.

Originally posted by silo13

I am a Christian woman.

That being said: Would you take me into your home as a guest and offer me a meal and hospitality if you were living in the 'native' land of your faith?

If you would. You're not Muslim.

If you would not? What exactly does that make you?

peace
edit on 6-3-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

That's a really ignorant statement! If he chooses to call himself a Muslim, then he's a Muslim.. Tell that to the millions of other Muslims who think the same way this guy does. Who is anyone on an internet forum to tell a Muslim he's not a Muslim? God? Plenty of Muslim guys marry Christian women and don't mind if they don't convert. In Muslim countries too.

I'm hoping he says "depends what you look like"
. extra DIV

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by arollingstone

I think her point is that muslims from Muslim countries are fundamentally in a different category than muslims born in the west.

For instance, a Muslim from Qatar, or Bahrain, or UAE, on the whole despise Jews. Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Indoneisia actually have laws forbidding Jews from entering their countries. Yet, a 'moderate' Muslim from the west would probably not share their views. But the issue is, how many Muslims live in the Muslim world, and how many live in Europe, America, Canada and Australia? As such a small percentage of the world muslim populations, they "the majority" probably wouldnt consider this divergent minority authentic Muslims.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Do you support violence because you follow a religion that advocates violence for religious purpose, or because you peacefully support a State or religion that engages in violence against people for its own political purposes, namely Law and Order, of faith?

Violence is everywhere...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

True, should we judge all Christians by the actions of the Westboro Baptist Church? Or, looking at it more broadly, should we say that Christianity is this or that when even the practitioners are sectarian (Protestant, Adventist, Lutheran, Evangelical, Baptist, Pentecostal, Charismatic, Born Again, Jehovah's Witness, Coptic, Eastern Orthodox, Catholic...).

I mean, can you imagine how a Christian of his or her own beliefs based on their own interpretations of the Bible and Jesus' teachings as those of peace and love would feel being boxed in by some other sect that they do not follow?

Labels are a bitch.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Spot on, gladtobehere. One of the main reasons we are invading the moslem countries is to get rid of their banking system. l advise these good folk on here to check it out. You see, lt is against their religion to rip their fellow man off and make vast profits , unlike the western banks who get rich off others misery. To establish a one world banking system the moslem one must be eradicated. lnvade and create chaos in every moslem country, then you put in your puppets who will convert to the western banking system. Peace starchild.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join