It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 89
<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
So, those pits off to the side are for evaporation of fracking fluid, sprayed in the air.

Interesting. They only get back about half the water they put in, if you can call it water. It has as many as 576 ingredients, some of the most toxic water in the U.S.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I sure hope Gasland wins an oscar sunday night.

Might help to spread the word.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Just bear in mind when looking at Google Earth images you need to know the image date. Bottom left I think. A well may show but be closed and may not show but now be there.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I just got this thru facebook
dprogram.net...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Hey folks,
I read the first several (10 or so) pages of this thread quite some time ago but have not kept up since. I have a question and forgive me if it has already been addressed. Most of these earthquakes seem to be around 4 to 6 km deep, right? Do we know how deep the fracking is?

Again, sorry if this has already been asked. For some reason I woke today and the activity in Arkansas was on my mind.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

Now you're really scaring me.

Didn't listen to that hour long YouTube clip of an Internet radio show, but I did read that article and the implications are nauseating. I drive Galveston's seawall almost every day and to think that genetically modified bacteria that can pass on traits to other bacteria are RIGHT THERE is about sufficient to leave skid marks in my skivvies.

Not related to Arkansas earthquakes but as frightening to me as these quakes must be to anyone in this areas. Thank you for mentioning that.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by nydsdan

This page will give you a good foundational understanding of frac'ing. Generally it's from 1-3.5 km in deep. Now you'll notice that this is above the range of most of the quakes. However one study I've run across in my research(I'll dig I up in a bit and pot a link if you wish) indicated that the effect will spread as much as 3 km deeper than the active fracturing zone.
edit on 25-2-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: Typos

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

It's not related but then again it might could be as there have been things going on in the gulf including quakes. Your not the only one that is scared many are. In reality here, I am a Louisiana girl, relocated to Arkansas 3 years ago. There were not any quakes going on like this when we moved up, they may have been some but not like this, but the thought of the drilling and fracking triggering a major event I fear. I loved it when we moved up and was out exploring the new areas, taking the grandkids to state parks etc.. now I want to get the blank out of here. If a major quakes hits, even if I am packed and ready to go, I am not sure that I can get to my grandkids, kids and family down south as roads will be destroyed and bridges that I would need to cross.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
been away for awhile...I didn't hear anything back from the Chief yet. He's probably been bought off since his interview went National MSM. But I see Robin found they site so the point is moot.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Here is an interesting article with maps and such, dealing with the Arkansas Fracking and animal and fish deaths in Arkansas. Wish I could enlarge the map and get a better view of all the wells they show. Seems like it was posted on todays date.

Here:

theintelhub.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I would like to let people here know that my US Senator, Bob Casey,Jr replied to my e-mail regarding fracking in Pennsylvania.
He gave me a line about supporting a measure that would force drilling companies to disclose what chemicals are in the frack-water, in the event of a medical emergency.

I replied to him that maybe they should reveal what is being pumped into our water table before there is a medical emergency!

I also mentioned that I would be fined for pouring diesel fuel on the ground intentionally, but they can pump it into our groundwater. Then I said that maybe I could get away with it if I treated the president pro-temp of the PA Senate to an all expenses paid trip to the Superbowl like one of the drilling companies did!

They are all bought and paid for.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
The only way we're going to win is the same way we've always won. People power. They can steal everyone's money and they'll gripe and shrug. You poison their water and make their kids sick, you've got reason to stand and fight. People power in full numbers needs no violence. We just march and show up and no one can deny that power. The truth is coming to light. So many fires are burning, the gas guys can't put them all out.

Get on the Arkansas Friend Facebook Page. Fight. connect - overcome.

They'll back down when thousands and thousands march. Mabye millions. They need to unite and march on Washington.

This needs to be a mass movement. My part is to get you all on the bus. Get on.

It's the only way. Do you want to leave your kids this mess?

Stand, connect, victory.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Oh, if you want my take on the birds. I started writing about it on the 3rd of January. I figured it out. Anmarie told me start a thread. Like a scorned child I say "you do it" . She posted a thread. A blogger picked it up and ran with it. Other blogs picked up the trail. One of them used my writing and never cited me. Oh well, heehhheh.

On my Robinesque Ruminations, I made my case. My hypothesis changed from time to time as evidence poured in. I had it right all along. It's on page 4. Don't bother to read the earlier posts, I was ranting. And later I drifted off again. I never thought anyone would read it anyway. I'm free there.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That's why I never took my eyes off of Arakansas. The story wasn't over when the media fled. And it's not over yet.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Don't know if this has been posted, it is an interesting read on the regulation of deep well injection. Although it was written in 1996 and our friends in Washington, D.C were kind enough to change the clean water act since, it contains some nice information and warnings for doing this. Including info back to the sixties.

digitalcommons.pace.edu...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robin Marks
If you asked me my name at this moment, I'd have to think about it. I got no gas in the tank. And I've got a busy weekend before me. I'll keep an eye on things and jump in when I can. But I got to pull back for a minute. That's usually when I get my best ideas.

There's sems to be no end for the shaking. The residents must be frazzled and despondant.

There's only one thing I never tracked down. The sheriff in a report described the specific injection well he suspected. He have description of it's location. And for the life of me, I keep getting sidetracked and haven't found it yet. If anyone wants to dig and find this injection well, be my quest. I may later and when I find it I'll post here.

One other note. I wrote to a grad-student whose thesis was on the Enola Swarms. I told him I was researching the current swarm and said that I thought it was from the injection, but I felt silly saying that if it wasn't true. He said it wasn't silly at all.

The geologists know what's causing the swarm.

Before I start raving, I'll go and ask you all to keep up the good work.

Ok Robin... I've been searching like a madwoman. So here are a few things I've found that are of definite interest.

Last spring, the Caddo Parish Sheriff’s Office talks on cows in a pasture near a drilling rig that foaming and bleeding in the mouth and tilt received, Sheriff Steve Prator says. Deputies found 17 dead cows there.

Sections later determined they had died from drinking the fracking fluids had leaked to the pasture, he says. Chesapeake and one of its subcontractors were later fined $ 22,000 for each of the incidents, according to the State Department of Environmental Quality.

Then in April, about 200 homes in rural Caddo Parish were evacuated when a gas well blew, sending gas into the air and the local water supply, Prator said. Regulators detected high levels of methane in the water of residents’ toilets, he says.

The incident prompted Prator to Jindal’s Office of Homeland Security Contacts and Haynesville Shale Task Force to create a better plan for emergencies. Lack of coordination between government institutions and the overall handling of events frustrated him Prator says. Another worrying development: gas rigs closer to schools and crowded areas, he says.

Mining News And Journal

Another Article

Article from 4 months ago

This article talks a little more to Christy Coker who owns the land where a lot of the quakes have been centered. From October 2010.

This article from 2 days ago is talking about how the quakes are going away... (sigh)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cherryontop
reply to post by idunno12

Originally posted by Cherryontop
reply to post by idunno12

Haliburton is featured heavily. Chesapeake Gas, there were several other they named, I will have to go view it again to give you a complete list, and I will do that on my lunch hour in an hour or so and get back to you.

I do love On demand ffwd.

Haliburton, Chesapeak, Encana, WIlliams and Cabot Oil and Gas were all named specifically.

Thank you for taking the time to find these. I missed it somehow. I am still figuring this site out and I just found the feature which shows you replies to your posts.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by UtahRosebud

The place where I keep all the ugly facts in my head is very crowded. Sooner or later I won't be able to shut the door. So many examples, everywhere. They've kept a long shadow on this for a long time.

Each one of us will be a beam of sunlight.

I'll be real busy soon, I'll sign in when I can. Keep shining.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
A little off topic but wanted you let you know Google Mass Animal Death map has been taken
down. I was there looking for the confirmation on the dolphins that recently beached. I have hopes it will come back but I doubt it.

link   

edit on 25-2-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

link   

edit on 25-2-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join