It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 87
<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robin Marks
www.npr.org...

Blasted iphone and it's lack of flash. Guess I'll listen to it later when the kids are off the computer/tv and the wife is asleep. I'm a night owl and hunt best in the dark I suppose. That doesn't stop menfrom bringing to light the ugly doings I find and the implications of citizens being misled.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
What the hell. They changed the sensitivity again. Unbelieveable.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

twice today was .0015, then .0022 now .0026

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Am I the only one who finds it odd that the sensitivity keeps being turned down? Is this SOP or is it abberent? Does this happen on other helicorders? Are there other helicorders we can watch that are a)close enough to give useable information b)not bein tampered with?

Sorry for all the questions, they keep invading my mind and only by giving them limited release is the mental pressure within my psyche released. Don't think I should be frac'ing in there any...
edit on 24-2-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: Typo

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Just saw where Ark had tornado warnings and power outages. Hope nobody had any storm damage!

Something I've been wondering about since I first started reading all the links. As far as the volcano theory goes. There were at least three mentions of volcanic eruptions in the 1811/1812 newspaper accounts, and other mentions of sulfur odor, ash, and rapid darkness with breathing problems. No one has commented on it as far as I could see. Smells like a volcano to me. And what if some of the accounts of large chunks of coal being spewn out were really volcanic rocks? Most of the people were probably not familiar with volcanoes. From their point of reference, black rocks were coal. Unless they got closer or tried to burn them, how would they have known???!!! Himmm...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
We're almost at a hundred on Facebook. I'll be honest, I'm burned out. I hope I gave enough good ideas to the face book guys. I'd help but i'm such a putz. I hope over night we hit a hundred. I had a good idea, we should write or phone local newspapers and television stations in Arkansas and tell them about our group.

Stay safe everyone.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Latest tally:

Page: 94
Group: 29
Fan page: 33 likes

Don't worry Robin, you gave this facebook girl plenty of ideas
We are beginning to reach people...people are beginning to take notice....

I would say we are well on our way!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
They changed it again to .0033 4 times in one day

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by wasobservingquietly

"I read last week where they are dumping some of the used fracking fluid in rivers. So every town/city downstream that gets their water from the river is drinking this stuff! The chemicals used are a big secret, but even so, the water treatment plants aren't equipped to treat for these types of contaminants!"

Yes, water contamination IS a big concern for all of us, but TPTB are determined to poison us.

"By publishing “Water As A Weapon” in the July/August edition, The American’s Bulletin made journalistic history. There have been massive efforts to censor the information in that article, and its publication in hard copy is truly a victory for freedom of the press, during dark times for truth and personal liberty." read more here: pittsburgh.indymedia.org...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Toots

It doesn't surprise me at all. Sounds like something Brad Meltzer would do a show on!
I'm surprised her death wasn't made to look like a suicide. They are getting bolder!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Anyone know how to get equake to work w/ the latest version of firefox?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
edit on 25-2-2011 by Ear-Responsible because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Magnitude
Date-Time
Friday, February 25, 2011 at 08:49:57 UTC
Friday, February 25, 2011 at 02:49:57 AM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones
Depth
4.9 km (3.0 miles) set by location program
Region
ARKANSAS
Distances
11 km (7 miles) NNE of Conway, Arkansas
50 km (31 miles) NNW of LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas
62 km (38 miles) W of Searcy, Arkansas
67 km (42 miles) E of Russellville, Arkansas
Location Uncertainty
horizontal +/- 8.5 km (5.3 miles); depth fixed by location program
Parameters
NST= 34, Nph= 50, Dmin=15.6 km, Rmss=0.92 sec, Gp= 43°,
M-type="Nuttli" surface wave magnitude (mbLg), Version=4
Source
USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)
Event ID
usb0001kge

and its not even dawn yet.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.
Magnitude
Date-Time
Friday, February 25, 2011 at 09:49:01 UTC
Friday, February 25, 2011 at 03:49:01 AM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones
Depth
4.9 km (3.0 miles)
Region
ARKANSAS
Distances
20 km (12 miles) NNE of Conway, Arkansas
57 km (35 miles) W of Searcy, Arkansas
57 km (35 miles) N of LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas
71 km (44 miles) E of Russellville, Arkansas
Location Uncertainty
horizontal +/- 9.4 km (5.8 miles); depth +/- 0.3 km (0.2 miles)
Parameters
NST= 29, Nph= 44, Dmin=7.8 km, Rmss=0.48 sec, Gp= 54°,
M-type="Nuttli" surface wave magnitude (mbLg), Version=4
Source
USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)
Event ID
usb0001khi

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I hope everyone in Arkansas is alright after the tornados and high winds from last night, as well as those here in Tennessee. The last thing we need to frazzle our nerves is for these swarms to intensity. I believe a tornado came through our neighborhood, at least it sounded like one and acted like one with the wind blowing in all directions, the unrelending groaning rushing sound it made, with the house rattling like crazy, but we are fine and I really hope everyone else is as well.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Ear-Responsible

I have this one installed with Firefox 3.6.13
addons.mozilla.org...

give it a try...

EDIT: took out https so you can see full url in case you are worried about just clicking any link.
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/downloads/file/93602/equake_alert-4.3.3.7a1pre-fx.xpi
edit on 25-2-2011 by derekvli because: show url in txt

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
If you asked me my name at this moment, I'd have to think about it. I got no gas in the tank. And I've got a busy weekend before me. I'll keep an eye on things and jump in when I can. But I got to pull back for a minute. That's usually when I get my best ideas.

There's sems to be no end for the shaking. The residents must be frazzled and despondant.

There's only one thing I never tracked down. The sheriff in a report described the specific injection well he suspected. He have description of it's location. And for the life of me, I keep getting sidetracked and haven't found it yet. If anyone wants to dig and find this injection well, be my quest. I may later and when I find it I'll post here.

One other note. I wrote to a grad-student whose thesis was on the Enola Swarms. I told him I was researching the current swarm and said that I thought it was from the injection, but I felt silly saying that if it wasn't true. He said it wasn't silly at all.

The geologists know what's causing the swarm.

Before I start raving, I'll go and ask you all to keep up the good work.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Robin, I found this:

Guy Police Chief Dave Martini said the locals continue to blame the gas companies for the quakes.

"We have a disposal well here just outside of the city," Martini said. "People are suspecting that to be causing it, even though there isn't any proof of that."

Martini said the earthquakes started increasing in frequency over the past week and that the disposal well has seen an increase in use recently.

He doesn't name specifically where, but Guy Arkansas is a small town

here's link:www.9news.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by megabogie

Robin, I found this:

Guy Police Chief Dave Martini said the locals continue to blame the gas companies for the quakes.

"We have a disposal well here just outside of the city," Martini said. "People are suspecting that to be causing it, even though there isn't any proof of that."

Martini said the earthquakes started increasing in frequency over the past week and that the disposal well has seen an increase in use recently.

He doesn't name specifically where, but Guy Arkansas is a small town

here's link:www.9news.com...

I've been trying to track this off and on for a while as well but haven't had much luck. Can't remember exactly where j read it but IIRC what I read indicates that there are four class 1 injection wells in the area but three of them are shut down, leaving one.

I've thought abou calling the police dept and asking if they would be willing to give the location of the mentioned well from the interview but haven't built up enough gumption yet.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by megabogie

Thanks. He was quote in a few articles, in one, I believe he gave a more specific answer. Then lost track of the article. I wonder if it's one of DEEP-SIX's wells. Thanks again. I just want to see it with mine own eyes.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Jaded,
I found the chief's email and wrote and asked him for the location of the disposal well. I also informed him of our Fracking website. Here's the email address if anybody else wants to try and contact him: mailto:d_martini@windstream.net

new topics

top topics

<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join