It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 88
<< 85  86  87    89  90  91 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Question regarding the location of wells:

Could we use the information for the permits to find location?

Here is one of the permits I found: Deep-Six Water Disposal Services

Using the plat information from the permit, search for the plat listed using this website: www.plat.arkansas.gov...

Could then the information on the plat tell us where to find the location on a map? Any body have any surveying experience?

Now granted, permits do not equal operating wells, but it's a start.

EDIT to add website for searching permits:
www.adeq.state.ar.us... h_permits
edit on 25-2-2011 by OneisOne because: additional link

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Robin, have you seen on google earth, the blue pads with two black holes ( at least they appear to be holes), also have a collection pit connected. I used the time machine on google earth, but the next picture back shows pure forest. Don't know how to get a screen print or save the pic. I do have them pinned and could probably give you the location stats. Have found two outside Guy, not sure how far. Was just wondering if they are old wells. Only see a truck and maybe some pipe on one.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by herenow

I can screen shot those if you will post locations.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by megabogie
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Jaded,
I found the chief's email and wrote and asked him for the location of the disposal well. I also informed him of our Fracking website. Here's the email address if anybody else wants to try and contact him: mailto:d_martini@windstream.net

I was actually lookon for this and got distracted by something posed on the fractivists facebook page.

I did run across a NY times article that interviewed someone from the area who indicated an injection well "across from Big Pop's fruit stand jut past the school". So I went looking On google earth, found the high school and what appears to be the pad site forthe injection well across from what could certainly be a fruit stand. I'll upload a screen shot here in a bit. About to take two of my sons to the library for some research. i

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Some great investigation and research going on here!

Facebook doing great and the word is getting out.

More quakes today and I don't care much for the 3.6, when they get to these numbers I really start to worry - must be a busy day in the fracking industry.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Ok, have two:

35degrees 15' 51.36" N
92degrees 21' 33.59W

35degrees 16' 32.73N
92degrees 21' 27.56W

Makes me wonder if they are old well sites or future irrigation.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
That's pretty crazy to get earthquakes in those areas...has there been activity there going back a couple of years or is this new?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Hi all, sorry I haven't been around much the past 2 days - dealing with a bunch of snow and kids out of school.

Just took a look and it is so concerning to see that this seems to be intensifying rather than slowing down. I don't see how the fracking can actually be the absolute cause for these quakes. I mean, I think there is a VERY good chance that they started it, and are continuing to help it along - but at this point I think it is reasonable to say (and scary) that something has happened and is now taking off on its own.

So it doesn't seem that anyone has commented yet on the very wierd sig on IRIS seismo.

Look HERE at 1311. The trace lasts for 6 minutes before a quake, than goes on for about 3 more. What the heck is that?

Edit to add: actually, it looks like it goes for an additional 5 minutes, another quake, and then about 6 or 7 minutes more. Very strange.
edit on 25-2-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
The injection pad is east of Guy on Highway 25, at the intersection of Millbridge Rd. and Cotton Hill Rd.

coordinates,

35o 19' 20.87" N 92o 18' 10.01" W

this is the one the sheriff was describing. I think, there's a bunch around the town. but this one is past the school, couldn't find big pop's fruitstand though.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

I think that's a mexico quake.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by herenow

35degrees 15' 51.36" N
92degrees 21' 33.59W

35degrees 16' 32.73N
92degrees 21' 27.56W

-------------------

From Robin's post:
35o 19' 20.87" N 92o 18' 10.01" W

edit on 25-2-2011 by OneisOne because: add image

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Very Nice!

Thanks, they look similar to Robin's injection well site on rt. 25.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by herenow

The clue was that it was out past the school. and there is only on big school there.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

I just did sort of a grid search on google earth, thought I saw the school. I went out of town a lot further. Did locate the well site you posted some pages back, but haven't as yet found any more. Although google earth, at least mine is for 12/2009, so it could be out of date.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by herenow

There's well sites all over. Most to the north. Once you get used to looking for the gray squares, they jump out at you. And most are accompanied by a pond.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Here is another,
35 19' 15.65"N
92 16' 17.58"W

Also www.npr.org is going to have something on gas drilling and faucets on fire, right now on their show Here and Now

Sorry, thats their website, the show is now on the air on the radio.
edit on 25-2-2011 by herenow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
www.npr.org...

This is the link to the archived report.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Do we know if there is a google maps 'mashup' of well locations and common quake areas?

It could help visualize what is happening. Has anyone seen anything like that?

new topics

top topics

<< 85  86  87    89  90  91 >>

join