It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 291
<< 288  289  290   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Thanks for asking, we are still hanging in here, just waiting to see what's going to happen next in this state. The damage on the house gets worse day by day, but when it cracked the slab in more than one place and loosened the trusses where they are pulled over an inch or more away in places what else can you expect. It's not going to stabilize and stop moving now that it's cracked, have new buckles showing up in the floors that were not there and cracks in walls getting larger. All structural engineering reports and contractors won't guarantee any repair work for even 30 days, recommendation is to tear down and rebuild, so it's still a waiting game for a group that wants to claim they are not responsible when they have admitted they are. They just don't want to pay for the damage they caused and not just to us but others.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SusanFrey

Thanks for asking, we are still hanging in here, just waiting to see what's going to happen next in this state. The damage on the house gets worse day by day, but when it cracked the slab in more than one place and loosened the trusses where they are pulled over an inch or more away in places what else can you expect. It's not going to stabilize and stop moving now that it's cracked, have new buckles showing up in the floors that were not there and cracks in walls getting larger. All structural engineering reports and contractors won't guarantee any repair work for even 30 days, recommendation is to tear down and rebuild, so it's still a waiting game for a group that wants to claim they are not responsible when they have admitted they are. They just don't want to pay for the damage they caused and not just to us but others.

I can understand not naming the responsible parties due to legalities.
And a demo and rebuild won't do any good because it will continue.
There are multiple problems going on because of the fracking,but,as you know,money is bigger than any property or health issues.

I need to do a re-read of the thread because it's been awhile.I wish there was some way I could help.

Take care Susan,
Prayers are with you and your family.

Peace,
Kevin

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Thank you, your prayers are greatly appreciated!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
arkansas latest quake updates. There was M2.8 there yesterday.

What would be useful is if we could have a map with quakes on it and then the drilling rigs overlaid on that map. THAT would be interesting. This 2.8 one is only 300metres depth too. Unfortunately I dont have the time to make such a map so I only hope there is one out there somewhere. Is there a list of drilling rigs and their position I wonder? Somehow I doubt it.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I am so disheartened. I thought maybe if I ignored everything bad, it'd all go away. But, this is not the case. I cannot forget. A long time ago, back in early 2011, I started looking at Google Earth to find fracking pads in Arkansas. I was locating epicenters of earthquakes in relation to the 'new' drilling sites. Now these areas are familiar to me. Back then, I hadn't a clue. But I was sure of one thing. I knew there was a correlation which forced me to conclude that there was causation. Fracking caused earthquakes. And in particular, injection wells caused the biggest ones.

Near Greenbrier, close to Damascus, there is some new earthquakes. I couldn't resist. I had to look at the maps. I wish I didn't. They've updated the maps. I could clearly see that google had updated the world. And frack. Oh, I want to swear. I want to be a sailor and sail a blue streak. The change is alarming. There are so many frack pads that it isn't hard to find them at all. But, what's more disturbing is that you see that they are in full production.

Everywhere.

Trucks.
Ponds,
Tanks
Pipes.
Gray stone frack pads.

Everywhere.

ugh

en.wikipedia.org...

Just to prove that I am right, I will use the words of someone I disagree with to make my point. I always shutter when I hear Margret Thatcher's voice. But when I heard her say in 1989 that,

"Mr President, it gives me great pleasure to return to the Podium of this assembly. When I last spoke here four years ago, on the 40th anniversary of the United Nations, the message that I and others like me gave was one of encouragement to the organisation to play the great role allotted to it.

Of all the challenges faced by the world community in those four years, one has grown clearer than any other in both urgency and importance—I refer to the threat to our global environment. I shall take the opportunity of addressing the general assembly to speak on that subject alone. "

As I've said, I would, if I could, oppose everything the women said, but I can't. She is right. The threat is against our environment. So, if the polar extremes are in union and content to agree not to disagree, then is must be said to be true. Damn the global warming debate for the moment. Let's just look at the environment. And when we do...

it's a sad state
Arkansas

edit on 12-6-2013 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

Try this site
www.aogc.state.ar.us...

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Did I see you,Susan on Gasland 2?

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Hey kdog! I watched GL2 after I read your post--sheesh that is depressing. Our kids (and their kids) are going to be the most impacted by this.

You're in/near KY, yes? Have you felt any quakes this morning?

This station, TA.Q50A.BHZ is just north of the Ohio R. in Georgetown, OH.
source

When I went searching for nearby seismos, I found some strange signals in Kentucky, on the CERI site.

Anybody have a guess as to what is going on at:
13:05 to 13:27 UTC on the Grayson, KY station, PKKY
13:55 to 14:27 UTC on the Staunton, KY station, ROKY
13:58 to 14:17 UTC on the Morganfield, KY seismo, MOKY

I don't see any large earthquakes worldwide that would account for the long waves, and there is nothing listed on USGS in the region. Weird. Also strange, is that none of these Kentucky network stations are available on IRIS--no updates since 4 days ago.

It's a mystery..

new topics

top topics

<< 288  289  290   >>

join