It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 289
<< 286  287  288    290  291 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Things are perking!

TN, AR, MO & CO!

folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...

WOQ

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SusanFrey
reply to post by Saucerwench

They are controlled burns that the forestry service is doing this week, not volcanic plumes.

Hi Susan, are you absolutely sure of that, you being there should know, as you are in Arkansas, are you familiar with a local news site (or gov. site there) that could verify and provide some more detailed info.

I think if Dutch has this part of the equation wrong he should be corrected, I'd also like to add it to another thread already discussing Dutch's 'plume' interpretation.

Wonder though if he was just 'lucky' with his warning of a 2+? so shortly before one actually struck on the fault, and too his accuracy in his 'weather forecast' of the tornados locations and paths seemed pretty accurate, though obviously others were calling for a rough ride as well.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

Susan, I did find this as to prescribed burns scheduled for 3-1-12 in Ak, and some of the counties listed seem like they night be containing /surrounding? one of the 'plumes' on Dutch's vid. (ie Yell/Logan/Johnson counties)

hotsprings.todaysthv.com...

edit on 4-3-2012 by Tecumte because: clarity

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Wanted to share Informative article in Rolling Stone Magazine re: The Big Fracking Bubble: The Scam Behind the Gas Boom

New laws in Pennsylvania now prohibit companies from discharging flowback into rivers and streams. Instead, operators like Chesapeake either "recycle" their water by running it through a filtration system, or haul it off to Ohio and inject it underground – a process which, some seismologists now suspect, is the reason Ohio was hit by an uncharacteristically large number of earthquakes last year. (The injected water lubricates fault lines, the theory goes, causing them to slip.)

I hadn't considered the lubrication of the flowback injected (reinjected?) underground as lubrication for fault lines. Interesting.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Last night I was up late to wait on the CME (X5 flare) that was supposed to arrive around 12:30 AM midnight. Well nothing much happened except a sprinkle or two, I got ready for bed and was watching TV, then felt a rumbling, like someone was moving heavy furniture across a floor.

There were several events of the rumbling and I have included a screenshot of the Wooly Hollow Helicorder at the time of these events. I'm about one and a half miles from Wooly Hollow, and feel what shows-up on the graphs, but there were events I felt that this helicorder hasn't picked-up, so that makes me wonder sometimes about something connect to this area perhaps east of here?

Anyone else feel these?

edit on 8-3-2012 by trekwebmaster because: Added additional text.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by trekwebmaster

Memphis, Tn. here!

That rumbling was doing it's thing from about 9:00, and continued right up until I went to bed at 12:30.

Myself and another guy in Memphis have been documenting this sound on another thread.....www.abovetopsecret.com... has been happening quite a bit, hence, I have been numbed by the sheer frequency and have not been posting every time it happens.

Having said that, last night was a little louder and had a little more rumble than usual.

Hope this helps out!
edit on 8-3-2012 by radpetey because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-3-2012 by radpetey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by radpetey

I also noticed this on the spaceweather.com site.

Space Weather Message Code: SUMSUD
Serial Number: 147
Issue Time: 2012 Mar 08 1109 UTC

SUMMARY: Geomagnetic Sudden Impulse
Observed: 2012 Mar 08 1105 UTC
Deviation: 58 nT
Station: Boulder

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

and another one...

Space Weather Message Code: SUMSUD
Serial Number: 146
Issue Time: 2012 Mar 07 0429 UTC

SUMMARY: Geomagnetic Sudden Impulse
Observed: 2012 Mar 07 0427 UTC
Deviation: 20 nT
Station: Boulder

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

Could this "theory" be related to the theory listed by Wikipedia as a "Geomagnetic Jerk?" Where "these events are believed to be caused by changes in the flow patterns of the liquid outer core of the Earth?" And goes-on to list additional theories these events could also theoretically "due to torsional oscillations in the solid inner core of the Earth...and there have been claims that they are connected to strong earthquakes?"

en.wikipedia.org...

I'll keep looking for additional Geo Sudden Impulses to see if we should really start noticing things...

God I hope not...
edit on 8-3-2012 by trekwebmaster because: Added more text...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Hmmm...never heard of that before... take it over to Quake watch and see what they say....who knows...I sure don't.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Me either, as far as I can visualize it, a "geomagnetic jerk" is like the sun spewing out a CME and the impact of it slows the Earth's movement ever so slightly and resembles a "jerk?" Or it could be the rebound after a CME hits? I don't know....but when it rumbles and I feel it, I start putting pieces together with the flare hitting at the same times as those GSI's, it really makes me wonder...

What's that Quake Watch URL?

Trek

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Here it is... www.abovetopsecret.com...

I can't figure it out either... I don't know who has.
It also makes me wonder what the energy does to the core of the Earth.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Well I keep hearing "flares don't cause quakes," but then I see how a CME and GSI and all those other things happen and the Earth rumbles and quakes, and I keep thinking: "Now how are these things NOT related in some fashion?"

I think there is more to it than we can visualize...it's all related, but how? Unless this universe we live in is like a "tangled bunch of christmas lights with the wires going to and fro all over the place," and before you figure out which wire was what, you'd have to start all over again tracing down wires...

Hell, I'd just throw it on the tree and be done with it...lol.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by radpetey

I just finally created an account today after watching this thread since its beginning. Y'all do a great job of researching this stuff. I was so proud to see Susan on the news last year telling the world what fracking is doing to this poor planet. I called everyone and told them to watch and that was the first most of them had ever heard of fracking. As we live in the Mississippi delta, the thought of doing anything to irritate the New Madrid or any of its connecting faults just doesn't sound good. I really hope the recent solar activity doesn't trigger anything, because I for one am not at all as prepared as I should be.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by denise109

You should start listening to the Survial show then. Thurs 8pm. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I'm still watching. But there is nothing jumping out at me.
Funny thing. There hasn't been any more quakes in OHIO after they shut down the injection well.

Why is it relatively quiet?

A glut. They've ramped up fracking so quickly they now have an over-supply, and the price for natural gas has fallen. This will change as the oil price is jacked up over tensions with Iran. Right now, they've scaled back production and are not as active. Wait until the price goes back up and demand increases. Then we will see a change.

edit on 9-3-2012 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Session: The M5.8 Central Virginia and the M5.6 Oklahoma Earthquakes of 2011

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are Seismicity Rate Changes in the Midcontinent Natural or Manmade?
ELLSWORTH, W. L., US Geological Survey, Menlo Park, CA, ; HICKMAN, S. H., US Geological Survey, Menlo Park, CA, ; LLEONS, A. L., US Geological Survey, Menlo Park, CA, ; MCGARR, A., US Geological Survey, Menlo Park, CA, ; MICHAEL, A. J., US Geological Survey, Menlo Park, CA, ; RUBINSTEIN, J. L., US Geological Survey, Menlo Park, CA,
A remarkable increase in the rate of M 3 and greater earthquakes is currently in progress in the US midcontinent. The average number of M >= 3 earthquakes/year increased starting in 2001, culminating in a six-fold increase over 20th century levels in 2001. Is this increase natural or manmade? To address this question, we take a regional approach to explore changes in the rate of earthquake occurrence in the midcontinent (defined here as 85° to 108° West, 25° to 50° North) using the USGS Preliminary Determination of Epicenters and National Seismic Hazard Map catalogs. These catalogs appear to be complete for M >= 3 since 1970. From 1970 through 2000, the rate of M >= 3 events averaged 21 +- 7.6/year in the entire region. This rate increased to 29 +- 3.5 from 2001 through 2008. In 2009, 2010 and 2011, 50, 87 and 134 events occurred, respectively. The modest increase that began in 2001 is due to increased seismicity in the coal bed methane field of the Raton Basin along the Colorado-New Mexico border west of Trinidad, CO. The acceleration in activity that began in 2009 appears to involve a combination of source regions of oil and gas production, including the Guy, Arkansas region, and in central and southern Oklahoma. Horton, et al. (2012) provided strong evidence linking the Guy, AK activity to deep waste water injection wells. In Oklahoma, the rate of M >= 3 events abruptly increased in 2009 from 1.2/year in the previous half-century to over 25/year. This rate increase is exclusive of the November 2011 M 5.6 earthquake and its aftershocks. A naturally-occurring rate change of this magnitude is unprecedented outside of volcanic settings or in the absence of a main shock, of which there were neither in this region. While the seismicity rate changes described here are almost certainly manmade, it remains to be determined how they are related to either changes in extraction methodologies or the rate of oil and gas production.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, April 18th / 3:45 PM Oral / Pacific Salon 4 & 5

www.arktimes.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ericblair4891

Maybe tip of the iceberg mate. Check this out. www.earthfiles.com...
something is up.?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Theriteway

I'm so concerned that the West Coast is going to have a tsunami. I don't know how much it's all connected.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I saw this today....conway.todaysthv.com...

Conway county is right next to Faulkner County . I haven`t checked yet to see if there are fracking wells in Conway, but after this blasted migraine clears up I`ll dig a little deeper into it.

It may not seem like a big deal, but after the way last year started out with birds and fish, it got my attention.

Honestly, I hope that the "experts " are right this time on the explanation.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonlover12

The article makes like the reason is because of the drop in temperature during "spawning" ...may have something to do with the kill offs. Its just so sad to hear life in the waters whether its sea or fresh water are dying off in mass numbers. Hopefully the global climate issue will cease to exist and we can begin to see and feel normal temperatures again... and SOONER than later I hope.

conway.todaysthv.com...

"It all being White Bass all up the creek we think they were stressed out from spawning and with that added stress of the spawn ...the water temperatures dropped from the cold rain. It was unseasonably warm for this time of year ...then it kind of cooled off with some rain.... that influx of cold water caused them to die," said Matt Schroeder of Arkansas Game and Fish. Schroeder said temperatures dropped from around 77 degrees to about 64 degrees.

new topics

top topics

<< 286  287  288    290  291 >>

join