It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 92
<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Fritzthecat

Honeslty there's nothing to worry about unless the lines are sharp. It's probably the transmission.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Honeslty there's nothing to worry about unless the lines are sharp. It's probably the transmission.

With that sentence I will sleeping better tonight - have been reading the last several pages of the thread and checking some links. Interesting, I feel like I've been on a see saw at the park.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I have learned a great deal browsing this thread and I believe it to be one of the best ever on this site!

Have enjoyed fishing in Arkansas and think it's a truly nice place and some parts are just gorgeous!
Not sure if this is applicable at ALL but spotted it and thought I'd share for the experts here to qualify if it's relevant.

About an hour ago,breaking news feed on Twitter for severe thunderstorms/possible tornados in Arkansas,not sure it there is ANY connection to this discussion but here is the info:

twitter.com...

It links here to NOAA:
www.spc.noaa.gov...

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Here is an interesting article from the New York Times.

Drilling Down
Regulation Lax as Gas Wells’ Tainted Water Hits Rivers

Here,

www.nytimes.com...

edit on 27-2-2011 by herenow because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-2-2011 by herenow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

There`s actually some good info in the link you`ve posted there.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Well Robin Marks
you didnt win an Oscar,, next year maybe
but u did wake a lot of people up about Fracking,, hopefully in Hollywood land as well, hey might get to be the upcomming consultant or something
on a new movie
well here's hoping ,, very good Sir.

Ohh Wall Street Won,, but hey it's old news

edit on 27-2-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-2-2011 by BobAthome because: sorry,,sorry AND supporting cast

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by herenow

Radioactive - that along with everything else that fracking is causing It seems none of us can get by without some corporation trying to make billions off theEarth and the life it sustains - they are literally killing it!

Good to see it making the media tho! That is on our side at the moment - the word needs to be spread among the populace and then perhaps something will get done.

I did note Arkansas was quiet today - no quakes.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by herenow

I read that article earlier today and was happy to see that someone posted the link here by the time I was able to get online for any length of time.

I'm not sure if anyone read through the trip report I linked to a few pages back, but one of the things it stated, was that spent frac'ing fluid will sometimes be used in roadbed settling. Which means it's being sprayed indiscriminately in places where people and the environment will be exposed to it even more so than it is at present.

Really makes me shake my head in shame as a member of the human race sometimes.

It's no wonder sentient beings of other than earthly origin seem to be so shy and don't make themselves more widely known.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
If the media had have a nut, they'd turn this into a win if the asked a simple question?

Why didn't Gasland win the award? That could shine an even bigger spolight on the issue.

Guys like Anonymous could make it and issue with a media campaign.

This is hard for me. Because I see the future. No voodoo. Science. I've done my homework. That's how I knew the swarm was coming back. It's like the Poltergiest II movie trailer. They're back. That's the only reason I've made this thread what it is, and help form Arkansas Friends. I hit when the iron was hot because I see the future. I predicted the second largest swarm of earthquake at Yellowstone. Documented. I see things. Not always. But sometimes my gut instincts and my head are on the same page and it's as clear as day. I'm not trying to fear monger or scare anyone. Mostly everyone's left the party after the quakes becauce regular and not news. They even calmed down save one or two small ones.

It's just hard at the moment because after I've said everything I believe based on the evidence and based on my hypothesis, I'm done. It sucks every bit of life out of me. After these manic sessions, I have to pull back and reasses. You don't make a battleplan on the day after a big battle.

I've said this on the Arkansas Friend page. They are fracking around Yellowstone. They are causing the quakes of Arkansas. The most likely scenario is near the Mississippi. The damn ground's too sandy to stay stable. To even think of drilling there was lunacy. It's a surge. A blight. A detonator.

Why do I do this to myself? Somebodys got to think about these things and look into the future. It's horrible. That's why I need to pull back. I've made my point and I STAYED ON TOPIC. I had the facts. I had the new research. But in the end no media's gonna come looking for me. I gots no degree. I'm just damned smart. Someone wanted me to make a video to help promote exposure. I've made many a video, I'll leave you with the best. I tried to tell everyone what happened to the birds. At least my story got picked up by the blogs and the mainstream did mention it. Even if they lauged, it was nice the truth was in the mix. But the birds were'nt poisoned. They were scare shaitless by the noise of the rupute gas. I see the whole damn thing like a bad sci-fi movie.

Have I said all this before. Yes, I'm recognizing the circular thinking. That's why I will step back. Please keep posting and talking. I'm sure the quakes will be back. I even have a thought on why they are subdued. But enough mystery solving for one spell.

That's what I do. I solve mysteries. I'm a dectective.

Here's one before I go (i'm not saying anything about the next full moon). The video I will show you is my experiment which demonstrates my eruption scenario. I just I'll have to add new study to show you that mine is the same, but more complicated. But that's not it. It just explains a bible story. When Thera erupted, it was my type of eruption. Water induced. The entire mountain blew into the atmosphere. The acid rain clouds flowed across the Mediterian Sea and condenced ontop of Soddom and Gommorah. It was pure acid rain. The people melted. Sorry. It's just the truth of what happened. My experiment shows how it's possible. And it explains those dramatic events so long ago.

I got so many stories and no on belives in most of them. The fracking is the only thing anyone's agreed with me about. And that's because the evidence was everywhere. My discoveries need investigation and scientific testing. But they ignore me. Because I'm not a geologist. I just had an agrument with a self-professed geologist on Yellowstone. That was interesting.

Any hoo. I'm done. stick a fork in me. I'll probably absent for a bit. But this trip is too wierd and I'm not sure will turn up next.

My experiment. Imagine the can is the magma chamber under Yellowstone. There's hot oil in the can. The ice disk is the ground and forms a seal. The water startst the reactions, think of them as geysers. The disk made it possbile because it pressurized the system as it melted and formed a tight fit. It wasn't my first prototype. I tried toast first with an ice cube on top. Bad design.

www.youtube.com...

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Here's a lovely report that talks about "Technology Solutions for Mitigating Environmental Impacts of Oil and Gas E&P Activity."

Among other things it says the following:

In a project focused on the Powder River Basin of the Rocky Mountain region, NETL is engaged in research to evaluate subsurface drip irrigation as a potential beneficial use for coalbed methane produced waters. This could provide a low-cost means to dispose of produced water while increasing crop production and improving relationships between natural gas operators and ranchers

So they want to try and use 'spent frac'ing fluid' to irrigate crops.

Great
Just Great

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
We just had a BIG jolt in Greenbrier -- the biggest one yet I believe.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by KathyG427

Felt it here in Haskell...scared me to death! Whole house shook !

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

edit on 28-2-2011 by hippy2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonlover12

We felt it, it's not showing up on anything.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonlover12

It was really scary - last longer than usual and was pretty strong.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Exactly! The 4.1 wasn`t anywhere near as bad. And long!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I have to agree it shook the house for a while.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
That was the biggest jolt I think my house has taken yet.....just had another smaller one.
edit on 27-2-2011 by NTS1960 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NTS1960

I've been feeling the smaller ones they don't even register most of the time unless I'm looking at GEE. Storms are coming in as well. I won't be able to sleep at all tonight.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
* This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.

Magnitude 4.7
Date-Time

* Monday, February 28, 2011 at 05:00:50 UTC
* Sunday, February 27, 2011 at 11:00:50 PM at epicenter

Location 35.265°N, 92.340°W
Depth 7.8 km (4.8 miles) (poorly constrained)
Region ARKANSAS
Distances

* 6 km (4 miles) NE (48°) from Greenbrier, AR
* 7 km (4 miles) S (184°) from Guy, AR
* 10 km (6 miles) SE (127°) from Twin Groves, AR
* 22 km (14 miles) NNE (28°) from Conway, AR
* 59 km (37 miles) N (359°) from Little Rock, AR
* 418 km (260 miles) SSW (207°) from St. Louis, MO

top topics

<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join