It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 94
<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I felt a tremor!!!!

It's the 1st time for me, so pardon my excitement...

I was sitting in my living room and my chair rocked ever so slightly...I though, "WTH was that!"

Then I read on here about Conway AR 4.7 earthquake

I'm in Memphis TN

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Arkansas is getting Tornadoes and EQ's tonight, I hope all of our friends are going to be alright. I am North of them in Mo. and am feeling a huge sense of vertigo tonight. Almost like I am waiting to feel the ground rumble under my feet too.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
They also had a 3.6 aftershock in Greenbrier

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
3.8 aftershock on USGS.

edit on 27-2-2011 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Please excuse, aftershock was 3.8

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by katfish

I thought I felt some trembling during the tornadoes tonight I figured it was just the lightning strikes. I am 45 miles N. of Springfield. Tell me do you feel a sense of vertigo? Light headedness?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
WOW, after my last post I spent a little time reading a couple of other threads, the one regarding Iceland and what do I see when I pop back over here...

I was just talking with my daughter about how nice it was to see that the AR quakes seem to have subsided...

So much for that.

I'm wondering now if the pressure differentials from tornadoes would have an effect on seismicity...

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Magnitude
Date-Time
Monday, February 28, 2011 at 05:17:59 UTC
Sunday, February 27, 2011 at 11:17:59 PM at epicenter
Depth
5 km (3.1 miles) set by location program
Region
ARKANSAS
Distances
17 km (11 miles) N of Conway, Arkansas
57 km (35 miles) NNW of LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas
63 km (39 miles) W of Searcy, Arkansas
64 km (40 miles) E of Russellville, Arkansas
Location Uncertainty
horizontal +/- 8.1 km (5.0 miles); depth fixed by location program
Parameters
NST= 38, Nph= 56, Dmin=13.4 km, Rmss=1.13 sec, Gp= 54°,
M-type="Nuttli" surface wave magnitude (mbLg), Version=6
Source
USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)
Event ID
usb0001lq8

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by katfish

I thought I felt some trembling during the tornadoes tonight I figured it was just the lightning strikes. I am 45 miles N. of Springfield. Tell me do you feel a sense of vertigo? Light headedness?

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Originally posted by edgecrusher2199
4.7 near Conway, AK around 11pm tonight.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

And another:

Earthquake Details

This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.
Magnitude
Date-Time
Monday, February 28, 2011 at 05:17:59 UTC
Sunday, February 27, 2011 at 11:17:59 PM at epicenter
Depth
5 km (3.1 miles) set by location program
Region
ARKANSAS
Distances
17 km (11 miles) N of Conway, Arkansas
57 km (35 miles) NNW of LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas
63 km (39 miles) W of Searcy, Arkansas
64 km (40 miles) E of Russellville, Arkansas
Location Uncertainty
horizontal +/- 8.1 km (5.0 miles); depth fixed by location program
Parameters
NST= 38, Nph= 56, Dmin=13.4 km, Rmss=1.13 sec, Gp= 54°,
M-type="Nuttli" surface wave magnitude (mbLg), Version=6
Source
USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)
Event ID
usb0001lq8

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

How weird!! I have been really dizzy since this afternoon.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Tornado and an earthquake - any damage reports
coming in?

Strange as I went to bed and I kept thinking something is happening but had no idea what, an uneasy feeling. Got up, came here to find there had been a quake. This happens with me from time to time - just wish I could see in my mind what is coming - or maybe I shouldn't know.

link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

I have been reading this great thread and with your post I finally have something to add.

the New Madrid has been shaking constantly in an area not accustomed to or prepared for earthquakes,

your geology has been said to be sandy and loose. what this is doing to your non-earthquake built homes and foundations is vibrating and that can pull nails out of wood I have seen it. I am sure water doesnt even need to be mentioned with warmth and shaking the water will rise straight up through the ground.

there is so much work that goes into the soil before a home is build and even more work in earthquake zones.
be careful and pay attention to your homes and surroundings.

link   
Yes, it was a rather intense quake. From what it felt-like here, a "whooshing / wham / rolling / rumbling" sound hit and rattled toilet lids, dishes, light-weight items on counter-tops, and resembled a shock or sheer wave as in the weather. This definitely was a shock-wave of some sort. It traveled from the NW and propaged toward the SE. This was unlike any earthquake or tremor I have ever felt up in this area.

Enough to make you wonder what in the heck is going on?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by trekwebmaster
Yes, it was a rather intense quake. From what it felt-like here, a "whooshing / wham / rolling / rumbling" sound hit and rattled toilet lids, dishes, light-weight items on counter-tops, and resembled a shock or sheer wave as in the weather. This definitely was a shock-wave of some sort. It traveled from the NW and propaged toward the SE. This was unlike any earthquake or tremor I have ever felt up in this area.

Enough to make you wonder what in the heck is going on?

I wonder if the pressure from the weather system is affecting the fault?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Here you go, there has been so much weight from flooding and snow melt off, it could contribute...

If you notice the time stamp here it was at the time of the quake.
edit on 27-2-2011 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by trekwebmaster

Please look at THIS seismo. I commented immediately that this quake looked odd...as if there was ground movement...maybe it is just something going on with the telemetry, but you say it felt different than the other quakes too?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
This is what I wrote on Arkansas Friend on Facebook.

It knock some of the webicorders off line. I did find it, there were two. First the 4.7 mag, followed by a 3+ -mag. The quake must have been felt over a wide area. Maybe this will wake them up. This is a serious situation. The media need to descend on the town and demand answers. They need to stop the injection immeditately. All drilling must stop. This swarm is not stopping, which means it may be building.

On the fifteen I was watching the webicorder and I saw it building. I could tell the swarm was going to reinvigorate. That's why I started my thread on the 15th and started warning people. Take me seriously. I was really hoping the swarm had stopped. All day I relaxed and even told everyone I needed to step back. But this quake is large, the total engery produced by the entire swarm is now alarming.

It's putting loads on other parts of the siesmic network. All the information is in my thread. A study on mid-continental earquakes shows how the complex system is like a whack a mole game. The energies migrate. They migrate because of the sandy soils with lots of fluid. Too much fluid, and a destabilzed fault putting pressure on other faults. It's anyone's guess which fault is bearing the load.

I'm just one quake queek with no degree. But I've done my homework. I've very used to having no one really believing my ideas. But I've been right too many times before. Simple put, the injection is setting off a chain reaction which lead to a disaster. I believe this with all my spirit. It's common sense really. It's obvious. We can't ignore this for one minute more.

Every Arkansan needs to get on the phone and start demanding authorities act now.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

That's the only one that's odd too WC. Ya think it broke it maybe?

Here's the seismo from Searcy
folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Didn't Chile just have a 6.3 quake tonight also, per CNN?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Those poor residents didn't know whether to duck and cover or get into their underground shelters???

new topics

top topics

<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join