It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 91
<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

I have to say...that is the best youtube video I have ever seen lol

This morning, you said you would do it when we reached our hundredth friend. I didn't expect you to really do it. But as soon as I posted to you that we had our hundredth, you had that video up in 15 minutes. A true man of your word...thank you for that Robin! Your dedication to this issue opened my eyes, and quite a few others I am sure. You rock!

Most Sincerely,

researchit333
(Arkansas Friend)

And because we have such a great and dedicated group, lets just hope it gets warmer there before we reach 500

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jest3r

I will go see a doctor even though I know they won't find anything. I don't live close to the madrid fault either but there are many things I am surrounded by like St. Helens and the san andreas fault line. I do know when I was in science class over ten years ago my teacher showed us an article of where I live and the USGS had said my area was about 300-400 years past due for a quake that normally happens here about every 200 years at an estimated mag 5 or greater so that has me wondering. About the gulf spill I heard they used a biologically created organism to clean it up and some are thinking it's mutating into something different so yeah possibilities are endless as to what these symptoms are from. I believe if it is not an illness and others are feeling them to then there has to be a connection somewhere

A side note that has to do with wildlife here specifically birds and I understand animals can be a cue for an earthquake. Well this afternoon I was gazing out my window like I always do and I noticed a huge flock of black birds traveling north west but were all over the place and I thought that was weird and pushed it aside but then about a minute later another group came by going the same general direction but again all over the place like the first group, well to make this short I counted a total of about 9 flocks and a tenth group of a about 6 birds and after that no more and this was all within a 20min time frame. Just weird to me. Interesting times we live in but also highly dangerous.

I have noticed things are very quiet now with the earthquakes and just hope this is not the calm before the storm.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by yahfearing

Sorry I'm such a "Duh", I didn't realize you were in Oregon. So, no the New Madrid wouldn't be affecting you then but I remember reading something about Mt. St. Helens showing some signs the other day, however I'm not sure what thread it was. Robin has a fantastic thread on Yellowstone too in case you haven't seen it yet.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jest3r

That's ok we all have those moments and yes I seen the St. Helens thread although seems slow lately so I have not looked there recently and thanks for the heads up on the Yellowstone thread I have always wondered about Yellowstone so I will definitely check that out.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
dont know if any one foud this or not

www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Fritzthecat

I am from West Virginia.

I don't know if this is good or bad news for the state.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by derekvli
reply to post by Ear-Responsible

I have this one installed with Firefox 3.6.13
addons.mozilla.org...

give it a try...

EDIT: took out https so you can see full url in case you are worried about just clicking any link.
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/downloads/file/93602/equake_alert-4.3.3.7a1pre-fx.xpi
edit on 25-2-2011 by derekvli because: show url in txt

THANK YOU!

I have been running an outdated version of firefox just to keep my equake and now I can update. Thanks again!

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

That is an awesome job somebody has done there . I got carried away in all the information , the videos wasn't too long or repeating that you wanted to just leave them or the site & the articles also . The links back to the thread here & the Blog was a great plug also .
John

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Arkansas just got a 3.4
interesting

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Wow - it seems like there has been increase of larger earthquakes in Arkansas - a lot of 3.0+.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

I live on the border of Ohio and West Virginia. I found this and I would say that this is bad news for West Virginia:

www.frackcheckwv.net...

In addition I found this regarding Ohio and fracking:

www.collegegreenmag.com...

The first site is a wealth of info for West Virginia, and includes links to take action and get in touch with your public officials on the subject.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
wow look at the siesmos from today one steady movement

www.iris.washington.edu...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SusanFrey
reply to post by PuterMan

I just got this thru facebook
dprogram.net...

Susan, and anyone else interested in the article she linked, see the following thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So as to make this post at least somewhat on topic, has anyone else noted the large amount of activity of smaller scale seismo traces near the bigger quake today?

I was hoping things were going to quiet down but it seems as of the opposite is the case.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Does fracking continue on the weekends? With the traces occuring after
the larger quake earlier and larger ones yesterday I am becoming very
concerned.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I posted a link to a trip report a page or two ago that gives a good summary of the frac'in process. IIRC the actual fracturing only takes a day. Nothing was mentioned about the disposal process, so it could be related to that rather than the initial process.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I have a question but I don't if its been asked yet.
Why are all those quakes clustered so close to one another
where as in other areas around the globe they are spread out further.

And also,does anyone know if the geotherms in that area has changed or increased?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

No it hasn't gotten quiet. Felt a big jolt a little bit ago that shook windows and doors. Taking a break from doing some yard work trying to get my mind off of it all. There is also a possible tie in with the baby dolphins dying on the gulf shore after that area was hit by a quake. I don't know what any of it means, I am not a scientist, geologist, but trying to learn it all and as much as quickly as I can. There is also a thread about another bird die off in AL.but no proof has been shown of anything that I have seen. I asked a friend who lives near there if she has heard about it and she was going to watch the news last night and see if there was any coverage of it.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

nevermind,I saw the coto report and it pretty much answered all my questions.
Fracking,

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Here is who to ask Im sure they have some answers.
* note the new Dr. comes from BP lol
energy.cr.usgs.gov...

edit on 26-2-2011 by Fritzthecat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
can someone tell me what this is?

it starts out nice and at the bottom looks scary?

and it shows on both
so im thinking it is not interferance?

top topics

<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join