It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Jews - Some Positive Opinions.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

People who blindly post garbage like what I saw in this thread are no better than the people who were screaming "kill all muslims" after 9/11. They're no better than the people in Egypt who oppress the Copts, or the extermination squads in Africa.

I would assume the OP's information comes from this article as the wording and stats are identical..
www.thelangreport.com...

But when you read into it, I notice this..

conclusions…..OK?

From a pool of 12 million Jews (0.2% of the world’s population) which works out to 2 out of every 1,000 people there are 178 Nobel Prize winners

From a pool of 1.4 billion Muslims (20% of the world’s population) which works out to 2 out of every 10 people there are 9 Nobel Prize winners

Based on these numbers, the Muslims represent 117 times the number of Jews! Based upon this 117:1 Muslim-to-Jewish ratio, one might expect the Muslims to have 24,920 Nobel Laureates, but have only 9.

Why do you think that is so? Thankfully the answer is not a simple one as it must take into account many factors. We will discuss these and more in a subsequent post.

Why use Muslims as an example and not the better educated christians or catholics.??

Seems to me it was a thinly veiled attack on another religion.
And you call others bigots.???

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

Yes

Jews are bad. Eat children, wear socks with sandals and drown puppies for fun.

Feel better now?
edit on 9-1-2011 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1

Yes

Feel better now?

Disgusting..!!!
How can they wear socks with sandals.??

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Yes

Feel better now?

Disgusting..!!!

We are THAT evil!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JR MacBeth

I didnt write that to convey the idea that "Jews are the smartest". Just as a little reminder of due appreciation towards the Anti-semities here. Religion - 3/4ths of the world. Special theory of relativity etc...Id say they have been a remarkably influential people.

Also..I really dont think it can be reduced to their higher number of nobel peace prizes to it being 'highly politicized'. I mean. Are you saying that 22 % of Nobel prize winning Jews didnt deserve their awards?despite the contributions that they made to their respective fields? Also. most of the awards are in the mathematical/science fields and not the more arbitrary peace prize or literature.....

And even than, 22% is still incredibly didproportionate to their .2% of human population.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Why do you hate jews,is this the way your parents brought you up?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

As I pointed out above, your source appears to be from a guy with obvious anti-muslim ideas..

Sort of dirties the whole concept, sorry...

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by lektrofellon

Why do you hate jews,is this the way your parents brought you up?

LOL
I gotta love how its twisted from me not liking the State of Israel into Jew Hater, lol what ever.

JEW HATER
JEW HATER
JEW HATER
JEW HATER
JEW HATER
JEW HATER
JEW HATER
JEW HATER
JEW HATER

See I can wear that word out too, the facts are facts and the State of Israel sanctioned murder using Australian faked Passports. Argue that and not the messenger.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Sorry. It's just Stormfront Neo-Nazi racism. It doesn't deserve an honest debate, because it doesn't come from an honest place. It is pure racism, disguised as trolling, and deserves BOLLOCKS.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s

Sorry. It's just Stormfront Neo-Nazi racism. It doesn't deserve an honest debate, because it doesn't come from an honest place. It is pure racism, disguised as trolling, and deserves BOLLOCKS.

Who are you refering to??
Or what posts.??

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Im not even Jewish. Im one of those gentiles with a profound respect for Judaism and its philosophy.

If i for a minute thought that Judaism endorses what gammray and the other idiots have posted, i would most certainly not be supportive of it.

Its all propaganda. as the quotes indicated, there are those who hate the Jews and deliberately seek to

a) spead false information about them

which is designed to cause people to make these sort of generalizations; that Jews hate gentiles.

Its absolutely amazing that that can even be asserted about Judaism. Of the 3 Abrahamic religions, Judaism is the only one that doesnt condemn the righteous of another faith to hell. It doesnt have an autonomy on Heaven, like Islam and christianity claims to have.

This was one of the things that attracted me to Judaism. The Talmud says in crystal clear language "the righteous of the nations have a place in Olam HaBa [heaven]".........

This the same Talmud Gammaray and the other sources.

Its widely known that these Talmudic citations are either mistranslations from the aramaic, or taken completely out of context. The talmud usually begins its dialectic with a false, incorrect assumption. Other times the Talmud uses strange euphimisms to make points.

Heres a prime example:

The accusation: The Talmud endorses pedophilia

While those unused to these Talmudic discussions might be taken aback by the use of euphemisms, the discussion here relates to the dowry for virgins and non-virgins. It has nothing to do with what acts are allowed, encouraged, forbidden, or discouraged. It is, indeed, ironic that this passage has been manipulated from its original context of a financial discussion into one of a religious discussion. While there are numerous talmudic passages of a religious nature, this one discusses dowries and not forbidden and permitted relations!

The Talmud relates that a virgin is entitled a higher dowry. While the tell-tale sign of virginity is the release of blood due to the breaking of the hymen on the wedding night, there are occasions when the hymen has already been broken such as when the woman suffered an injury. The Talmud here quotes Rav Yehuda in the name of Rav that a sexual act with a male minor is not considered to be a loss of virginity because one of the participants is not fully active. While the female's hymen may have been broken, she has not engaged in what can be classified as a sexual act (although it is certainly child abuse).

The Talmud continues and quotes Rava as saying that a sexual act between a male adult and a female under the age of three is also not considered a loss of virginity (although it is child abuse). Since the girl is too young for her hymen to be broken, she is still considered a virgin.

Nowhere is the Talmud permitting such behavior. Sex outside of a marriage is strictly forbidden (Maimonides, Mishneh Torah, Hilchot Ishut 1:4, Hilchot Na'arah Betulah 2:17; Shulchan Aruch, Even HaEzer 26:1, 177:5) as is this obvious case of child abuse. The Talmud is only discussing ex post facto what would happen if such a case arose.

That non-marital sexual relations is prohibited is stated explicitly by Maimonides in the following passage from his ground-breaking legal code Mishneh Torah:

Whoever has licentious relations with a woman without marriage bonds is lashed by biblical mandate.

The claim that the Talmud, or normative Judaism, permits sexual relations with a minor is almost entirely incorrect. The slight truth in it is that, in certain societies in history, people were sometimes married as young as ten. While this was most recently done in Czarist Russia in order to avoid being drafted into the Czar's army (which was made especially difficult for Jews), it is not currently done. However, even in that case, marriage is required before having sexual relations. Judaism as a religion prohibits sexual relations, indeed even minor touching such as holding hands, outside of marriage.

It is certainly true that there are individual Jews who do not follow the teaching of the Talmud. That is their personal choice, just like many Catholics choose to use birth control and have premarital relations despite their religion's teaching against it. This does not mean that Catholicism permits premarital relations and it does not mean that Judaism (and the Talmud) does either. The personal choices of people whether to follow completely their religion does not reflect on what their religion teaches. Similarly, the fact that certain Muslims drink alcohol and frequent prostitutes does not mean that their religion permits it. It means that these individuals choose to defy their religion.

We leave it to others to deduce why some people would make baseless accusations against the Talmud and, by implication, Judaism and Jews.

www.angelfire.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I actually got this information from a book.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

I actually got this information from a book.

Maybe, but the source is pretty obvious..
It was a very popular article..

A shame he tarnished it with racial comments about muslims..

I also wonder why Jews feel the need to even post such information..
Does seem like it's only them as I see no reference to christian nobel prize winners..

Also, although all jewish, many had different nationalities..
Wouldn't that not make a better comparison.??

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JR MacBeth

Also, i dont think Jews need the self esteem boost of having Nobel prize laureates.

They went through 1850 years of a diaspora before the concept was even created. Clearly, their longevity and small numbers disproves the need for nobel prize winners.

Judaism in anycase is what Jews should be proud of. Its profoundly rational and ethical basis is what all mankind should be appreciative of (since Christianity had inherited these qualities from it)

Even the father of 'philosophy' thales, was a phoneician who was quite acquainted with the Torah of the Jews. Some have even conjectured that 'thales' is from the Hebrew "tal" (dew). Thales lived during the period of the destruction of Solomons Temple. It was at this time that the Jews began to disperse and relate with other peoples. Thales probably became intimate with this knowledge and its mode of analysis, and introduced it into Greece. Before him the irrational Homeric mythology of greece prevailed. So contrary to what people think and Historians have taught, natural philosophy began with the Jews; and not in Greece.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
So no one wants to debate the fact Israel used faked Australian Passports to commit murder ? I thought so, not one defense of this act ? I guess your silence is deafening.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
So no one wants to debate the fact Israel used faked Australian Passports to commit murder ? I thought so, not one defense of this act ? I guess your silence is deafening.

There's nothing to debate..
They did it and our cowardly Australian Government basically did nothing more than politely slap their wrist..

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Yes

Feel better now?

Disgusting..!!!

We are THAT evil!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join