It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Jews - Some Positive Opinions.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

No. Because Jews have very small numbers; and they also havent been involved in conquest for 1400 years, like Islam has.

I think his mention of Islam, although counter productive and unneccesary, still has some validity to it. Islam is couched in the past. Its religion is a massive moral disaster and this is shown very clearly in the Quran of Medina which contradicts much of the Quran of Mecca. If Islam werent holding on thightly to the archaic sharia despotism which its clerics use to completely rule at whim over their people, than Islam WOULD be a religion that could reconcile change - in the world, and technology, with their religious beliefs. But. Islam still harbors this 'jihad', and dont tell me they dont. You dont separate the world into dar al islam( muslim controlled land) and dar al harb (heathen control land) if you dont intend to change that situation; obviously militarily as Islams gruesome history shows.

So scientifically, Islam doesnt inspire the muslim in scientific matters. Im sorry, but clearly this is true; otherwise it wouldnt be Israel producing more scientific papers and contributing to many different scientific fields greater than the entire muslim world combined.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Im not Jewish.

And what Ego? Im sorry, but one has to have some degree of ego in order to debate. I brought forth good and valid points in that post.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

No. Because Jews have very small numbers; and they also havent been involved in conquest for 1400 years, like Islam has.

I think his mention of Islam, although counter productive and unneccesary, still has some validity to it. Islam is couched in the past. Its religion is a massive moral disaster and this is shown very clearly in the Quran of Medina which contradicts much of the Quran of Mecca. If Islam werent holding on thightly to the archaic sharia despotism which its clerics use to completely rule at whim over their people, than Islam WOULD be a religion that could reconcile change - in the world, and technology, with their religious beliefs. But. Islam still harbors this 'jihad', and dont tell me they dont. You dont separate the world into dar al islam( muslim controlled land) and dar al harb (heathen control land) if you dont intend to change that situation; obviously militarily as Islams gruesome history shows.

So scientifically, Islam doesnt inspire the muslim in scientific matters. Im sorry, but clearly this is true; otherwise it wouldnt be Israel producing more scientific papers and contributing to many different scientific fields greater than the entire muslim world combined.

No Israel conquests in 1400 years??
What the hell were the wars THEY started then?
How did they get much of the land they now control?
What is Gaza?

Muslims haven't as many Nobel Prize winners simply due to opportunity.
Most still live in poverty in 3rd world countries..

Why not show some REAL stats??
Like what percentage of Jews have the opportunity of advanced education as opposed to how many Muslims have the same....

Jews are NO smarter than anyone else..
Christians are no smarter than anyone else...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

No Israel conquests in 1400 years??

Nope.

What the hell were the wars THEY started then?

Um, what wars did they start? You should read up on the history of palestine before you start making up things. The Jews got Israel by League of nations decision, and mandated by Britain.

The 1948, 67, and yom kippur wars were startesd by the Arabs. Read up on your history buddy.

How did they get much of the land they now control?

Have you ever read the bible? Israel - Eretz Yisrael is the biblical home of the Jewish people. They have every right on earth to live there. You cannoty wipe away the religious relationship the Jews have with Israel. its a LAND CENTERED religion. When theyre not living in Israel, they are called "exiled" and indeed their religious literature from the Roman exile till just recently (in '48) makes constant mention to this exiled state, finishing their works with "and may G-d bring us back to the holy land".

This is why Islam is destined to fail. They ignore a basic fact of history and try desperately to cover it up.

Muslims haven't as many Nobel Prize winners simply due to opportunity. Most still live in poverty in 3rd world countries..

True. Is that the mulsims fault.. Or Islams? A question to ponder. How come China has been doing so well than? Id venture that it could have to do with their ability to adapt to the times, as opposed to Islam.

Im not saying there arent good muslims. There definitely are. However, i dont think i have ever seen a good muslim institution. Islam like Catholicism is almost entirely political, as the 100/1 ratio between devotional and political ancedotes from the Quran would indicate (this tidbit is straight from the mouth of ayotollah khomeni.....who also criticized the UN charter of human rights!)

Like what percentage of Jews have the opportunity of advanced education as opposed to how many Muslims have the same....

honestly.. Do you know ANYTHING about history? The muslims conquered every place they went. They still feel Spain/portugal belongs to them!...The Jews and NOT the muslims have been slighted throughout history. The Jews had to tolerate extra taxes and living in ghettos. Pograms, and holocausts. No people have been tested with hardship like the Jews have and anyone who argues differently is an antisemite. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. Keep in mind, antisemitism like dwarfism in an inherited trait. Some people just unconsciously reject Jews or Judaism because their ancestors did, and were taught (as both the christian tradition and Quran attest to) to do so on a religious basis... Jews succeed not simply because of 'opportunity' (although i will say that things nowdays are much easier for western jews than 150 years ago. For instance, the early american founders prohibited Jews from entering politics) but because of rigorous standards and motivation to innovate. There are MORE muslims in the western world than Jews in the entire world. Why still do we not see their influence? Im not saying muslims are stupid, or saying christians are stupid. Im saying based on the numbers, the Jews excel MORE than other peoples. I attributed this to their religion, Judaism, and the intellectual discipline of Talmud. Not any racial issue, just a spiritual, religious one.

edit on 10-1-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Argue semantics all you want..
Israel STARTED the wars...FACT...
They still hold siezed land that was NOT given to them...FACT...

The rest of your post is mere opinions..

BTW, the chinese are recorded as being the smartest race..

I also wonder how many so called Jewish Nobel Prize winners are in fact atheist..
I read an article that said the smartest jews rejected religion more often..
Kinda of contradicts part of you post

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Read this article and you will learn how the Arabs started the 1948 arab-Israeli war

Now read this and you will learn how Egypt, Syria, Jordan, etc started the the 1967 6 day war

Now look here and learn how Egypt started the yom kippur war

And finally, the 2006 Lebanon/Israel war, which was started by Hizbollah
edit on 11-1-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
and no it didnt contrafict my post.

If you had understood my post, you would know that.

I attributed it to their 'ancestral consciousness'... A sort of inherited memory and array of faculties that their ancestors had developed, and these secular Jews inherited..

I said this is intrinsically because of Judaism, and greatly assisted by the influence of Talmud... But yes im aware the majority of these Jews are seculaists

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Read this article and you will learn how the Arabs started the 1948 arab-Israeli war

Now read this and you will learn how Egypt, Syria, Jordan, etc started the the 1967 6 day war

Now look here and learn how Egypt started the yom kippur war

And finally, the 2006 Lebanon/Israel war, which was started by Hizbollah

I've read much on the histories and even from jewish sites..
I still say Israel HAS started wars...
Prove they didn't..

Your next post doesn't need an answer..
Just more of your OPINIONS which I don't agree with.
Opinions are hard to argue..

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

You want facts, and proof? I just posted it. 4 examples of wars started by arabs and arab countries.

I really hope anyone who is reading this can see how blatantly emotional and biased you are being. If you have any respect for yourself, i would just stop.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

You want facts, and proof? I just posted it. 4 examples of wars started by arabs and arab countries.

I really hope anyone who is reading this can see how blatantly emotional and biased you are being. If you have any respect for yourself, i would just stop.

lol, me biased??

The escalation of threats and provocations continued until June 5, 1967, when Israel launched a massive air assault that crippled Arab air capability. With air superiority protecting its ground forces, Israel controlled the Sinai peninsula within three days and then concentrated on the Jordanian frontier, capturing Jerusalem's Old City (subsequently annexed), and on the Syrian border, gaining the strategic Golan Heights. The war, which ended on June 10, is known as the Six-Day War.

www.infoplease.com...

Yes there threats and provocation from both sides but it WAS ISRAEL that started the War..
It's history..Ya know, the stuff you say I don't know..

Now you will twist the facts but it doesn't work..

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

So that was 1967, now lets look at 1956.

On Oct. 29, 1956, Israeli forces, directed by Moshe Dayan, launched a combined air and ground assault into Egypt's Sinai peninsula. Early Israeli successes were reinforced by an Anglo-French invasion along the canal. Although the action against Egypt was severely condemned by the nations of the world, the cease-fire of Nov. 6, which was promoted by the United Nations with U.S. and Soviet support, came only after Israel had captured several key objectives, including the Gaza strip and Sharm el Sheikh, which commanded the approaches to the Gulf of Aqaba. Israel withdrew from these positions in 1957, turning them over to the UN emergency force after access to the Gulf of Aqaba, without which Israel was cut off from the Indian Ocean, had been guaranteed.

Dang, looks like Israel STARTED that War also...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

You are just completely ridiculous. It is COMMON knowledge and fact that Egypt started the 6 day war. Though i am aware that there is this nonsense that Israel started it. No, Egypt invaded southern Israel and so Israel responded with airstrikes that completely immobilized Egypt.

And what 1956 war? That was small.

Of the 7 wars Israel has fought since its inception,

1948 War was initiated by the Arabs
Six day War by Egypt
The "war of attrition" in 1970, was started by Egypt
Yom Kippur war, initiaed by Egypt
2nd lebanon war was started by Hizbollah when they attacked a northern Israeli city and killed 3 army personnel

5 of the 7, definitively started by the Arabs.

The 1st Lebanon war was ostenisbly started by Israel but it was actually in response to repeated terrorist attacks by palestinian militants hiding out in southern lebanon. So you might aswell include that one aswell.

Where the hell do you get off saying israel has 'started' all the wars, when its clear that the majority were begun by Arabs? Granted, there is some conflict around the 6 day war as the wikipedia article on it explains. And the one in which "Israel" initiated was obviously less Israels concern as a free state then it was france and britan which used Israel as a proxy.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

I'm the ridiculous one??
You are the one rewriting history.

Where the hell do you get off saying israel has 'started' all the wars, when its clear that the majority were begun by Arabs? Granted, there is some conflict around the 6 day war as the wikipedia article on it explains. And the one in which "Israel" initiated was obviously less Israels concern as a free state then it was france and britan which used Israel as a proxy.

Now you come down to lies??
Please point out where I said Israel started ALL the wars..

It was YOU that stated Israel hadn't started any...

You sure you're not jewish??
Seems like you are happy to LIE for them....

edit on 11-1-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Here's an Israeli site..

Operation Focus - (For detailed account see - Operation Focus) Israel attacked the Egyptians beginning on June 5, 1967 at about 07:45 hours.

www.infoplease.com...

You can call it "pre emptive" or whatever the hell you like, but the FACT remains..
Israel STARTED the war, again.....
edit on 11-1-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Israel STARTED the wars...FACT...

You said that here

They still hold siezed land that was NOT given to them...FACT...

Well, citing they won 6 day war, like all victors they were entitled to the land they won. What happened? They ended up giving the Sinai back to Egypt. How often does a nation do that? Not often. Though of course Arabs give Israel no credit for that gesture. Even despite the fact that the sinai was originally apart of the british mandate. The sinai is historically apart of ASIA, not Egypt, since its topological features are apart of the mountain ranges of southern Israel.

And also, do you get that the British mandate gave Israel their current lands? Whats with this nonsense that "Israel stole the land"? The league of nations PROMISED it to them. They assigned Britain to apportion it; which they did, having created the hashamite kingdom of Jordan, Lebanon and a bit of Syria, all of which constituted the than known british mandate for palestine.

Palestinians STILL shoot rockets into Israels pre-1967 borders.

You people are barbarians. You guys mindlessly support murder.

Look here for a prime example of Muslim complicity and alacrity to kill Jews

She seems reasonable in the beginning eh?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Your twisting of words and lies are taking your thread off topic..
Enough arguing, I'd rather debate but that seems impossible with you..

Enjoy your thread

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

If the Arab world werent such a violent place, it would be possible to take your arguments seriously.

Unfortunately, Islam seems to be synonymous with violence, and far from 'peace'.

Conversely, the jewish people have been a very peaceful, some would even say passive, people. Look at Arab suicide attacks. When the Jews were being massacred during the 40's you still dont see jewish suicide bombers. Why? Because jews LOVE and HONOR the life that G-d gave them. Conversely, Some Muslims encourage their children to kill themselves for Allah - a horrendously corrupt idea.

Jews have gone through much worse and have tolerated and overcome it with grace. They have won Israel through DIPLOMACY, and they never began any of the wars. Its been the bellicose war-loving muslims who when theyre not killing each other, get excited with the prospect of killing Jews..

For instance, in that above video i posted... what would your opinion be to that MSA(muslim student association) girls response? Dont you find it unbeliably harsh and indeed satanic that she agreed with Hassan Nasrallahs statement that hes glad all Jews gathered in Israel so they wont have to hunt them down worldwide..... How can any human being say "yes" to that, unless they are in essence an angry and violent people?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

They have won Israel through DIPLOMACY, and they never began any of the wars.

It's still being debated today how the Jews managed to get Israel..

And again with the " Israel never began any wars?
Mate, I posted you links to a very Pro Israeli site that clearly shows Israel DID infact start the wars in 56 & 67..

It's twisted facts all the way from you and it's getting very boring..
Even when shown the truth you simply ignore it..

As for the vid you refer to, yes there are sick people in every race and religion.
I could show you similar disturbibg vids made by Jews but wht bother, you'd only twist them..
salom.....

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
Even when shown the truth you simply ignore it..

I don't think he ignores it, paid up blogger I think. You know when you can't critically think and make decisions based on facts and evidence and continue to type tripe about towing the "Party Line" I think its obvious that you are a paid up blogger.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I have no desire to try to twist your posts or facts.

I am glad that you disagree with her and nasrallahs views. Lets hope moderate peace loving muslims like yourself can help change Islam.

Shalom.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join