It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Jews - Some Positive Opinions.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth

Originally posted by Yissachar1

Originally posted by backinblack

reply to post by mazzroth

Yes

Jews are bad. Eat children, wear socks with sandals and drown puppies for fun.

Feel better now?
edit on 9-1-2011 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

Disgusting..!!!
How can they wear socks with sandals.??

We are THAT evil!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
DontReally it is funny how you talk about the anti-semites when you were recently attacking Buddhists in the religious conspiracies forum. You admitted you were just a novice in your studies of the Talmud, now you are pretending to be an expert. Wherever I read you, you are promoting Israel, Jews or Judaism. This thread is part
of the problem. It is saying we are better than you. We are God's chosen people. We deserve more than you. Our little black books say so. Your brainwashing prevents you from seeing this.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillfromCovina
DontReally it is funny how you talk about the anti-semites when you were recently attacking Buddhists in the religious conspiracies forum. You admitted you were just a novice in your studies of the Talmud, now you are pretending to be an expert. Wherever I read you, you are promoting Israel, Jews or Judaism. This thread is part
of the problem. It is saying we are better than you. We are God's chosen people. We deserve more than you. Our little black books say so. Your brainwashing prevents you from seeing this.

You have to remember that Israel has paid up bloggers that all they do is defend the actions of this Nation and attack anyone who brings to the light of day their atrocities. Below is my evidence to back up that claim.

www.haaretz.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by GammaRayBurst
Jews only care about Jews
Israel only cares about Israel
The rest of mankind are Goyim, Cattle to serve them.

Truth is not a factor to Israel or the Jews. They want what they want, when they want it, and there are no other considerations.

Get it yet People ?!!?

edit on 1/9/2011 by GammaRayBurst because: (no reason given)

You sir, are a loser who basis an entire race on what your fellow biased and racist foolish peers tell you, dont be so stupid, take your hate elsewhere.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Little FYI

Link

Judaism is not a race

Judaism is not a race because Jews do not share one common ancestry. For instance, Ashkenazi Jews and Sephardic Jews are both "Jewish." However, whereas Ashkenazi Jews often hail from Europe, Sephardic Jews often hail from the Middle East. People of many different races have become Jewish over the centuries.

Judaism is not a nationality

Although today Israel is often called the Jewish homeland, being Jewish is not a nationality because Jews have been dispersed throughout the world for almost two thousand years. Hence, Jews come from countries all over the world.

Judaism is both a cultural and religious identity

Being Jewish means that you are part of the Jewish people, whether because you were born into a Jewish home and culturally identify as Jewish or because you practice the Jewish religion (or both).

Cultural Judaism includes things such as Jewish foods, customs and rituals. For instance, many people are born into Jewish homes and are raised eating blintzes and lighting shabbat candles, but never step foot inside a synagogue. A Jewish identity is automatically bestowed on babies of Jewish mothers (according to Orthodox and Conservative Judaism) and of Jewish mothers or fathers (according to Reform Judaism). This Jewish identity stays with them throughout life even if they don't actively practice Judaism.

Religious Judaism includes the beliefs of the Jewish religion. The way a person practices the Jewish religion can take many forms and partially for this reason there are different movements of Judaism. The main denominations are Reform, Conservative, Orthodox and Reconstructionist Judaism. Many people who are born into Jewish homes affiliate with one of these branches, but there are also those who do not.

If a person is not born Jewish, s/he can convert to Judaism by studying with a rabbi and undergoing the process of conversion. Merely believing in the precepts of Judaism is not enough to make someone a Jew. They must complete the conversion process in order to be considered Jewish. Though the different branches of Judaism have varying requirements for conversion, it is safe to say that the conversion process is very meaningful for whomever decides to undertake it.
edit on 9-1-2011 by Roid_Rage27 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roid_Rage27
Judaism is not a race because Jews do not share one common ancestry. For instance, Ashkenazi Jews and Sephardic Jews are both "Jewish." However, whereas Ashkenazi Jews often hail from Europe, Sephardic Jews often hail from the Middle East. People of many different races have become Jewish over the centuries.

I'm not disagreeing, merely refining your point...both Ashkenazi and Sephardic Jews originally came from the Middle East, different diasporas though. The Sephardic are those that settled in the Meditteranean (never could spell that!) region and became 'Latinised'.

Either way, both populations, interbred with the local populace, which had in itself, as all current human population have, had even older genetic origins in the Middle East. We all had to pass through there at some point on our way out of Africa.

edit on 10-1-2011 by KilgoreTrout because: to add 'region' just in case anyone should think I am suggesting that the Sephardic peoples are amphibious

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
i think this goes both ways, a simple google of "goyim" will illustrate the attitudes many jews have of non-jews...and it is not pretty

on the other hand, i know many jews and i have never heard them use this term, and i have never even seen anything to suggest their race has plans to take over the world...

however, i think it is clear that there are a great number of jews in powerful positions, who sadly probably believe in this zionistic/anti-goyim notion, because day-in-day-out you see israel being babied and nursed from the u.s.'s teet and you see more and more jews back in power, which given the statistics would be rather rare.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by wildshoetwt

All I can say that from my own perspective that most Jews I have ever spoke to do not believe that we are anything more than anyone else.

However I can see how others would think we do when we have morons in the knesset who think they have a mission from God to make the way for Messiah.. (Netenyahu has been "told" that he would set up the throne of David....... We have him on one side and the other the Iranian president who thinks it his duty to bring about the right conditions for the Mahdi to appear...... Almost like they are working to gether huh???
)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

reply to post by wildshoetwt

All I can say that from my own perspective that most Jews I have ever spoke to do not believe that we are anything more than anyone else.

However I can see how others would think we do when we have morons in the knesset who think they have a mission from God to make the way for Messiah.. (Netenyahu has been "told" that he would set up the throne of David....... We have him on one side and the other the Iranian president who thinks it his duty to bring about the right conditions for the Mahdi to appear...... Almost like they are working to gether huh???
)

Good post..stared
Funny how most in the US and other countries accept the fact that it's not the majority calling the shots and are quick to blame the Government..
Which is usually the right call...

I don't like much of what the Israeli Government has done but I would NEVER blame a jew for the actions..

Accept maybe for wearing socks with sandals..How uncouth is that?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Well I for one can vouch that Jewish people aren't only concerned about helping themselves.
If it wasn't for Jews taking my child into they're school my child wouldn't be getting the education they have now.
And not once have they made my child feel like outsider or inferior to them.
And for this I will always be grateful to them.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
As german I have a special take on Jews and anything related to them. We germans are still being blamed for killing an unproven 7 figure high number of them in WWII, where at the same time Israel is committing war crimes to Palestine smiling. They are untouchable (lucky them).

In school I was taught how evil we (germans) have been. But how must the Jews have been, that they are hated on a global scale? In the 1920 in times of regressions, they didn't care about hungry people diying on the roads on many places in europe. They were just interested in making more $$$ and enjoyed incredible wealth.

For me personally I avoided anything related to jews/israel. Maybe we germans are conditioned, starting from early age to do so. But the duplicity of Israel till today blaming germany for something happened almost 70 years ago and killing pregnant women or children today, woke me up.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I don't care about 'Jews' as a religion or race, i care about individuals and judge them on their views and actions.
edit on 10-1-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by JR MacBeth

I didnt write that to convey the idea that "Jews are the smartest". Just as a little reminder of due appreciation towards the Anti-semities here. Religion - 3/4ths of the world. Special theory of relativity etc...Id say they have been a remarkably influential people.

Also..I really dont think it can be reduced to their higher number of nobel peace prizes to it being 'highly politicized'. I mean. Are you saying that 22 % of Nobel prize winning Jews didnt deserve their awards?despite the contributions that they made to their respective fields? Also. most of the awards are in the mathematical/science fields and not the more arbitrary peace prize or literature.....

And even than, 22% is still incredibly didproportionate to their .2% of human population.

Nice that you didn't mean "Jews are the smartest", although some that I know are pretty sharp.

Yes, Jews are influential, but there are lots of reasons for it. As an agnostic atheist, I personally don't count their religious "contribution" as something positive, quite the opposite, but granted, it would seem like those ancient notions must have found some resonance in humanity, since they continue in various forms today.

As far as the Nobel prize, I'm sure that most of the scientists who receive the prize would have to be well-deserving. I did bring up the point of view of the Swedish author, who makes the case that there is serious politics involved, favoring the Jews, even to the detriment of the Swedish monarchy (which seems to bother a lot of Swedes). Is the Nobel a "Jewish prize" as Dr. Biro asserts? I think that many seem to agree it is.

In your other post, you seem to think that Jewish pride is just fine without a Nobel boost. Perhaps it is. Of course, the mere fact that you chose to include the Nobel Jewish success story in your post indicates some of it's popular power. I don't usually prefer to characterize entire groups, but Jews often self-identify with esteem issues, sort of an inferiority/superiority complex. Certainly most of their enemies recognize the latter issue, but some seem to dismiss the former. I think for Jews aren't so different from other "minority" groups in this regard, self-esteem issues do remain, and I don't think it helps to emphasize the one over the other. They often go hand-in-hand.

One other thing I might mention, I'm not sure that the ".2%" figure that you have been using is generally accepted. Mark Twain once made a famous quip about the official figures of Jews, saying that he personally knew more Jews than was supposedly official in the whole country. Obviously some humor there, but Jewish population numbers are possibly some of the most questionable of all. Certainly the fact that they are spread around the world doesn't help pin things down. Anyway, your number may be low.

JR

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by C64Warrior
For me personally I avoided anything related to jews/israel. Maybe we germans are conditioned, starting from early age to do so.

Well I don't suppose it is the kind of thing that is talked about. Even in the UK, due to the experiences that those men suffered, there has never been that much 'talk' about the war by those who fought it. From commanders, and the ghost written accounts of the heroics, but you only get that if you are the victor, it goes with the territory. I don't know how old you are, but either your parents or grandparents would not have had many good experiences to share and would have been scarred by that suffering. I work with Poles and Germans, all of whom are happy to discuss the war and the holocaust with me, but they are in their mid-to-late thirties and like me, learnt about those events through books. They are not burdened by experience or survivor's guilt.

We know alot more about that period now, and we know that Germany was a proving ground for Corporationism and that while the over all result was considered a success, the collateral damage was horrific. Pushing around the blame, rather than learning by our mistakes, collectively, is what seperates them from us. Fundamentally.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Ahhh Kilgore Trout is here to add some balance just on time....every time.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

I can't agree more and yes you are right. My grandparents suffered from war, my grandfather was a russian pow. He returned 5 years after the end of the war.

He never talked about it, to cruel what he experienced, unwilling to remember. That the heroic stories of the germans have never been told, bothers me frankly. The soldiers were not evil Nazi, just soldiers fighting for there home country and to save their family at home from the enemy. In light of that, are the wars the USA is fighting more than questionable?

But I went already off topic...
edit on 10.1.2011 by C64Warrior because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JR MacBeth

You give too much credibility to minority opinions, for instance, one author says their must be a political partiality to Jews, and so, Jews have such a ridiculously disproportionate percentage of nobel prize winners cause they need A) self esteem boost B) or control the world. Thats whats being implied. Isnt it any wonder that the greatest scientist of the last hundred years, was a Jew (Albert Einstein).

Now you also say the Jewish numbers must be exaggeratedly diminished, because there is simply no ACCEPTABLE reason for their success as a people; both in terms of history - ie, how they have overcome numerous efforts throughout history to destroy them, and their success in intellectual fields.. Even despite their small numbers, they didnt simply assimilate or pass away. There is simply no other case or precedent in human history for the Jewish peoples longevity; indeed, when one contrasts the historical attitude as documented in the Hebrew Bible, the peoples of the world and their antipathy towards the Jews; or moreso, the aggression by the pagan elite towards them because they see in them a threat to their own theory of power(reflect most aptly in machiavelli), one can better understand the historical dynamic we see in more recent history. The Jews, despite their small numbers and despite the endless and enduring persecution, maltreatment humiliation that has been dealt; they still manage to exert their influence way beyond the standard of other peoples.

I think the facts speak for themselves.

I think what they have accomplished religiously; that they gave religion to 3/4s of the world should say something about their religion.

I dont attribute success to the Jew because of some ingrained racial superiority. No. Judaism has given them this power. The Jew comes from a long line of extremely methodical and critical thinkers. Read the Talmud!. Any gentile who understands the unbelievable depths and gravity of this intellectual discipline will understand why Jews are so proficient in matters of logic. Thats what Judaisms about. You dont find any ridiculous or subjective spirituality in their religion. Its all based in OBJECTIVE logic. While some peoples preached moral relativism or practiced some irrational 'god' worship, the Jews were looking at the world in a unitary way. They saw in reality or learned from their Torah that everything is intrinsically connected, and that all things have a conceptual framework in which they can be understood. So its no surprise that it took a Jew to connect space with time. It was in his ancestoral consciousness to percieve this and recognize its principles.

Antisemitism is a charade. Its a big fantastic display put on by the powers that be. Even despite the widespread antisemitism at the upper echelons; still, some cant even keep their mouth shut. Nietzsche despite preaching a completely antithetical doctrine praised them. It was too obvious to ignore.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

No.

all ashkenazi Jews are Khazars!

That is the stupidest most sensical and consistently disproved by genetic evidence both of ashkenazi and sephardic kohanim but also the average Jew thoery that has ever been crafted (and promoted by a sereal rapist, to boot!). Its well known that Jews and palestinians share a same gene which european dont have; indicating that ashkenazi Jews ARE and have only recently (in the last 2000 years or so) entered into the west.

In anycase, many Jews actually went to Iran and central asia or north africa. Im so irritated by these ignorant morons who read a wikipedia article and now think they can talk about the history of the Jewish people.. If they understood the nature of knowledge(that is, if your knowledge of a subject is slim, dont make any definitive opinions on it) they would make a greater effort to bridle their tongue.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

All I can say is the one thing they really excel in going by your post is EGO....
What a rant....

BTW, who says Einstein was the greatest?
Highly debatable...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join