It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Jews - Some Positive Opinions.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
From some famous figures in history. Heres a number to keep in mind. Jews comprise just .2% of the worlds population, yet have produced 22% of all nobel prize winners.

Lyceum referred to the Jews as a "nation of philosophers"

Winston Churchill

"some people like the Jews and some do not, But no thoughtful man can deny that they are, beyond any question, the most formidable and the most remarkable race which has ever appeared in the world"

2nd president of the United States, John Adams

"They have done more to civilize man than any other nation. They are the most glorious nation that ever inhabited the earth. The Romans and their empire was but a bauble in comparison to the Jews. They have given religion to 3 quarters of the globe and have influenced the affairs of mankind more, and more happily than any other nation, ancient or modern"

The Poet Matthew Arnold

"As long as the world lasts, all who want to make progress in righteousness will come to Israel for inspiration"

Olive Scheiner

"the study of the history of Europe during the past centuries teaches us one uniform lesson: That the nations which recieved and in any way dealt fairly with the Jew have prospered; and that the nations that have tortured and oppressed him have written out their own curse"

Historian and statesman Thomas B Macaulay

"In the infancy of civilization, when our island was as savage as New Guinea, when letters and arts were still unknown in Athens, when scarecely a thatched hut had stood on what was afterwards the site of Rome, this condemned people had their fenced cities and cedar palaces, their splendid temple...their schools of sacred learning, their great statesman and soldiers, their natural philosophers, their historians and poets"

Friedrich Nietzsche

"In Europe they have gone therough a school of 18 centuries, such as no other nation can boast of... In consequence of the resourcefulness of the soul and intellect of our modern Jews is extraordinary. In times of extremity they, least of all the inhabitants of Europe, try to escape any great dilemma by recourse to drink or to suicide which less gifted people are so apt to fly to. Each Jew finds in the history of his fathers and granfathers a voliminous record of instances of the greatest coolness and perseverence in terrible positions, of the most artful and clever fencing with misfortune and chance; their bravery under the cloak of wretched submissiveness, their heroism in the spernere se sperni [despising their despisers] surpass the virtues of all the saints. People wanted to make them contemptible by treating them scornfully for twenty centuries, by refusing the approach to all dignities and honorable positions, and by pushing them all the deeper down into the mean trades, and, indeed, they have not become genteel under this process. But contemptible? They have never ceased believing themselves qualified for the highest functions; neither have the virtues of all suffering people ever failed to adorn them. Their manner of honoring parents and children, the reasonableness of their marriages and marriage customs make them conspicuous among Europeans. Besides, they know how to derive a sense of power and lasting revenge from the very trades that were left to them...Yet, their vengance never carries them too far, for they all have that liberality even of the soul in which the frequent change of place, climate, customs, neihbors, and oppressors schools man; they have by far the greatest experience in human relationship............ Where shall this accumulated wealth of great impressions, which forms teh Jewish history in every Jewish family, this wealth of passions, virtues, resignations, struggles, victories of all sorts where shall it find an outlet, if not in great intellectual people and work? On the day when the Jews will be able to show as their handiwork such jewels and golden vessels as the european nation of shorter and less thorough experience neither can nor could produce, when Israel will have turned its eternal vengance into an eternal blessing of Europe; then once more the seventh day will appear, when the God of the Jews may rejoice in himself, His creation, and His chosen people and all of us will rejoice with them!" - Friedrich Nietzsche "the Dawn of Day" page 203-206.

British Historian Arthur Toynbee

"I dare say that Judaism will bring a new message to the world. Looking from the outside, it seems extraordinary that twice in the course of history the Jews have allowed outsiders to run away with their religion to spread it over the world in garbled form. I am talking of course of Early christianity and islam. It is something almost comic that outsiders should seize some of the essential truths of Judaism and put them in, what must seem to Jewsm a garbled form of Judaism, and make a worldwide religion of them while the Jews themselves kept their religions to themselves. Is not the real future of the Jews and Judaism to spread Judaism in its authentic form rather than its christian and moslem forms over the whole world and human race! After all, the Jews must have a more authentic form of Jewish monotheism than the Christians or Moslems have. And is that not going to be the ultimate solution of the relatiobns between Jews and the rest of the world?"

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Nietzsche was one strange man.

As nihilistic as he was, he himself predicts a future where Jews and the rest of the world will rejoice with them. On the '7th' day, meaning the 7th millenium of human history.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
As nihilistic as he was, he himself predicts a future where Jews and the rest of the world will rejoice with them. On the '7th' day, meaning the 7th millenium of human history.

I would, if I had to choose, rather the Rothschild's were pulling the strings than any of the other options. They are what they are, international financiers, but they have conducted themselves according to the laws that are applied to all in whatever land they have resided, unless, admittedly ordered to do otherwise by those of greater power.

And other members of the family have excelled in the natural sciences, they have made huge contributions to botany and zoology with the discovery of many species. There appears to be at some commitment, inherently inscribed possibly, to maintaining a balance.

The Third Baron Rothschild, Victor, is probably at the very top of my list of historical figures I would like to have a chat with.

And that they have maintained a class and dignity, despite being repeatedly shat upon and villified, doesn't do them any harm in my esteem either.

There are countless reasons to be thankful for the dimension and diversity that Judiasm has brought to Western culture and I do suspect that elements within have contributed to saving the world once or twice.
edit on 9-1-2011 by KilgoreTrout because: rrrr

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

The Jews - Their Own Words

To communicate anything to a Goy about our religious relations would be equal to the killing of all Jews, for if the Goyim knew what we teach about them, they would kill us openly.

Libbre David 37

When a Jew has a Gentile in his clutches, another Jew may go to the same Gentile, lend him money and in turn deceive him, so that the Gentile shall be ruined. For the property of a Gentile, according to our law, belongs to no one, and the first Jew that passes has full right to seize it.

Schulchan Aruch, Choszen Hamiszpat 156

A Jew may rob a Goy, he may cheat him over a bill, which should not be perceived by him, otherwise the name of God would become dishonoured.

Schulchan Aruch, Choszen Hamiszpat, 348

If a goy killed a goy or a Jew he is responsible, but if a Jew killed a goy he is not responsible.

Tosefta, Aboda Zara, VIII, 5

Kill the Goyim by any means possible.

Choshen Ha'mishpat 425:50

Jehovah created the non-Jew in human form so that the Jew would not have to be served by beasts. The non-Jew is consequently an animal in human form, and condemned to serve the Jew day and night.

Midrasch Talpioth, p. 225-L

A Jew may do to a non-Jewess what he can do. He may treat her as he treats a piece of meat.

Hadarine, 20, B; Schulchan Aruch, Choszen Hamiszpat 348

A Jew may violate but not marry a non-Jewish girl.

Gad. Shas. 2:2

A boy-goy after nine years and one day old, and a girl after three years and one day old, are considered filthy.

Pereferkowicz, Talmud t.v., p. 11

Do not save Goyim in danger of death.

Show no mercy to the Goyim.

Hilkkoth Akum X1

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Jews only care about Jews
Israel only cares about Israel
The rest of mankind are Goyim, Cattle to serve them.

Truth is not a factor to Israel or the Jews. They want what they want, when they want it, and there are no other considerations.

Get it yet People ?!!?

edit on 1/9/2011 by GammaRayBurst because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
WHAT A LOAD OF TOTAL BOLLOCKS.

Originally posted by GammaRayBurst
Jews only care about Jews
Israel only cares about Israel
The rest of mankind are Goyim, Cattle to serve them.

Truth is not a factor to Israel or the Jews. They want what they want, when they want it, and there are no other considerations.

Get it yet People ?!!?

edit on 1/9/2011 by GammaRayBurst because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Here's a thread just begging for trouble!

Well dontreally, I've read some of your thoughtful posts, you are a great contributor on ATS from what I can tell, but I have to guess that you might be a bit biased when it comes to the Jews, based on your avatar.

I see someone has already launched a dandy post, but I would only like to address one of your points for the moment.

According to Swedish citizen Dr. Jan Biro, author of The Swedish God, the Nobel prize is a Jewish prize.

Now this shouldn't take anything away from the many worthy winners of this prize over the years, but Dr. Biro's point is that the prize is highly political today, having been utterly subverted after WW2.

SO, citing the many Jewish Nobel winners, perhaps that is excellent for pumping up Jewish pride and self-confidence, but the insinuation that Jews are the smartest people on earth may be more wishful thinking than many realize.

Not to mention, but it seems like a whole lot of chutzpah, wouldn't you say?

Enough for now, but I'll surely check back to see how this thread is going!

JR

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JR MacBeth

As a Jew I have to say there are many jewish dumbasses too.

Contrary to popular belief we are humans just like your good self. Not a separate species. Not special. Just plain old humans im afraid

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

oh here we go with the Talmud BS again. None of these quotes exist, you'd know this if you had actually picked up a copy of one of the books you claim they come from . Go ahead and actually read these books instead of copying and pasting from some lame ass website.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1

Contrary to popular belief we are humans just like your good self. Not a separate species. Not special. Just plain old humans im afraid

That's not what your Rabbi's say:

A major Jewish religious figure in Israel has likened non-Jews to donkeys and beasts of burden, saying the main reason for their very existence is to serve Jews.
Rabbi Ovadia Yosef, spiritual mentor of the religious fundamentalist party, Shas, which represents Middle Eastern Jews, reportedly said during a Sabbath homily earlier this week that “the sole purpose of non-Jews is to serve Jews.”
Yosef is considered a major religious leader in Israel who enjoys the allegiance of hundreds of thousands of followers.
Shas is a chief coalition partner in the current Israeli government,
Yosef, also a former Chief Rabbi of Israel, was quoted by the right-wing newspaper, the Jerusalem Post, as saying that the basic function of a goy, a derogatory word for a gentile, was to serve Jews.
“Non-Jews were born only to serve us. Without that, they have no place in the world-only to serve the People of Israel,” Yosef said in his weekly Saturday night sermon which was devoted to laws regarding actions non-Jews are permitted to perform on the Sabbath.
Yosef also reportedly said that the lives of non-Jews in Israel are preserved by God in order to prevent losses to Jews.
Yosef, widely considered a prominent Torah sage and authority on the interpretation of Talmud, a basic Jewish scripture, held a comparison between animals of burden and non-Jews.
“In Israel, death has no dominion over them…With gentiles, it will be like any person-They need to die, but God will give them longevity. Why? Imagine that one’s donkey would die, they’d lose their money.
“This is his servant…That’s why he gets a long life, to work well for this Jew.”
Yosef further elucidated his ideas about the servitude of gentiles to Jews, asking “why are gentiles needed? They will work, they will plow, they will reap; and we will sit like an effendi and eat.”
“That is why gentiles were created.”
The concept of gentiles being infra-human beings or quasi-animals is well-established in Orthodox Judaism.
For example, rabbis affiliated with the Chabad movement, a supremacist but influential Jewish sect, teach openly that at the spiritual level, non-Jews have the status of animals.
Abraham Kook, the religious mentor of the settler movement, was quoted as saying that the difference between a Jew and a gentile was greater and deeper than the difference between humans and animals.
“The difference between a Jewish soul and souls of non-Jews — all of them in all different levels — is greater and deeper than the difference between a human soul and the souls of cattle.”

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Yet another thread reduced to taking out of context comments from clerics and using them to try and convince people that an entire religion is represented by those comments.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1

Good to see you in here Yissachar1. I sometimes wonder how you keep such a cool demeanor with all the hate being thrown at Jews today, but you seem to manage much better than most from what I have seen.

I give you a star now and then just for being the voice of reason!

I completely agree: Every group of people has their share of dumbasses.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
Yet another thread reduced to taking out of context comments from clerics and using them to try and convince people that an entire religion is represented by those comments.

Not all just the majority, when a people, whose life and country is based on their religion, I think what their religious leaders have to say is very relevant..Don't you?!?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
This is exactly the kind of thinking which breeds division and hatred. Thankfully, people are waking up and seeing such thinking for exactly what it is - pure poison. It belongs to the old way, which is on its last legs and will soon be gone.

edit on 9-1-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GammaRayBurst

Do you do similar intentional misleading about other religions as well?

It must be fun to cherry pick quotes from religious clerics and post on forums claiming that those quotes represent the beliefs of all the followers of that religion.

Does Zawahiri represent ALL Muslims? Does Fred Phelps represent ALL Christians? Doesn't that sound ridiculous?

It's very poor form and shows a complete desperation to portray and entire group of a few million people in a bad light.

What a shame that people still have such desires.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
This is exactly the kind of thinking which breeds division and hatred. Thankfully, people are waking up and seeing such thinking for exactly what it is - pure poison. It belongs to the old way, which is on its last legs and will soon be gone.

edit on 9-1-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

How Israeli Shills Work:
1. Post lies
2. Repeat lies
3. Attack those who respond against your lies
4. Repeat steps 1 and 2

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Now that is some desperate posting!

Once exposed as a bigot make it look like there's an organized group trying to stomp on your innocent views.

Nice signature image by the way. What does it mean?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by GammaRayBurst

Puhhhlease!

I have never been told by a rabbi that i am special and will have gentile slaves to lick my shoes.

What I WAS told was that we are to love God and love people.

Yes there are a few morons, but that is the same everywhere.

I have done some very moronic things in my life including over christmas (yes i do christmas) where i got drunk and went naked bike riding in the snow (again
)

But i guess you have issues.

As do i, but you aint one of them.
edit on 9-1-2011 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

You know, if you're going to copy/paste from stormfront you really should source them.

As far as positive opinions about people of Jewish faith, any generalization, be it positive negative or neutral, is inherently flawed and divisive.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join