It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Jews - Some Positive Opinions.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

Youre paranoid.

This world is a big place. There are billions of people. Not every supporter of Israel is a 'paid up blogger', as you seem to imagine. The fact that i know im not, yet you maintain that i am, probably indicates that there probably arent any 'paid up bloggers' and that idea is probably made up to generate more anti-Jewish paranoia.

Do you think Evengelicals are 'paid up bloggers'.. Or myself, who is neither Jewish nor Christian, is a 'paid up blogger'? Im educated. I read books on history, geo-politics and political science so im quite able to formulate my own views without Mossad paying me, thankyou very much.

If you really want to come off as normal, and balanced, you should stop accusing every Israerl supporter of being a Mossad agent or 'paid up blogger', Its irrational.
edit on 11-1-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

I am glad that you disagree with her and nasrallahs views. Lets hope moderate peace loving muslims like yourself can help change Islam.

Even when trying to sound reasonable it's still the same anti-muslim BS from you..

It's self evident that what we also need is,
Moderate peace loving Jews..

Funny how you don't mention that or are you implying all Jews are that already??

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Judaism doesnt have a problem with Rapmant Violence! look at its history.

Judaism was involved in wars, granted in its early history. but it Stopped and ended. Islam has never ceased or taken a hiatus from its military agenda.

Do you get that? Or am i again making up facts?

and contrary to what you think i was really thankful for muslims like you. In the Arab world (that is, muslims not living in the western world), atleast 80-90% of muslims agree with the policies of their governments; with sharia law and with Jihad. They also unanimously support the actions of Hamas, Hizbollah, and Fatah.

I do think Muslims like you represent a true, more peace centered religious position. I understand one thing about Islam and that is this. Allah is derived from the name Elohim. The true worship of Allah does not involve religious murder and does not involve duplicity, or deliberate distrust and deceiving of non muslims. I cannot think that Islam really represents that or that G-d would really mean that in their creation. Granted, a vast majority of them are off their rockers radicals who condone and support the world agenda of Islam, but there are those muslims who reject this fake and corrosive Islam. I have read the difference lies in the Quran of Mecca (which emphasizes good relations with non muslims, love and charity) vs. the quran (yes i realize they constitute the same quran. Although the medina is a later addition) of medina, which is frankly, evil. A sudanese cleric once proclaimed that all muslims should only follow the Quran of Mecca...and this resulted in his assasination. I cant remember his name though.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Reply to post by backinblack

May I direct you to a timeline leading up to and through to the end of the war:

www.sixdaywar.co.uk...

Deny Ignorance

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

What a shame that so many brilliant minds .......... are bent on destruction. It is ultimately to mankind's loss.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by backinblack

May I direct you to a timeline leading up to and through to the end of the war:

www.sixdaywar.co.uk...

Deny Ignorance

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I've read enough on the 6 day war..Much from an Israeli perspective also..
Yes, there were skirmishes and minor fire fights but there is NO doubt in ANY records I have seen, that Israel started the war...
edit on 11-1-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

You really must have difficulty reading

Jan - March 1967

In the first quarter of 1967 there were over 270 border "incidents" causing rising concern in Israel.

Feb 22nd 1967

President Attassi of Syria: “it is the duty of all of us now to move from defensive positions to offensive positions and enter the battle to liberate the usurped land…Everyone must face the test and enter the battle to the end.”

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

You really must have difficulty reading
Jan - March 1967
In the first quarter of 1967 there were over 270 border "incidents" causing rising concern in Israel.
Feb 22nd 1967
President Attassi of Syria: “it is the duty of all of us now to move from defensive positions to offensive positions and enter the battle to liberate the usurped land…Everyone must face the test and enter the battle to the end.”

I read fine thanks mate..
Talk of war does not equal war.
If it did then how about NK for one example.?

Israel started the war...FACT...
As I have said MORE than once..
Yes there was skirmishes from BOTH sides prior..

Now instead of rambling, show me proof I am wrong..
I posted links even from Israeli site to prove my point...

Refute it with proven facts or please stop this debate...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

You mean 270 border infractions isnt enough to be considered provocation?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
And btw, as any Israeli knows, the greatest enemies of Israel are its own government and their Liberal media (which btw is state owned)

So your 'israeli' source means nothing
edit on 11-1-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

You mean 270 border infractions isnt enough to be considered provocation?

Is that the true figure for ALL infractions started by ALL sides??

BTW, probably a silly question to ask you but,
do you believe Israel caused any of the border infractions before the war?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Being treated like outcasts for 2000 years by the envious, made jews resilient and creative. The tougher it got, the more Jews thrived. It remains to be seen whether the mentality can be maintained now that the new Generation of Jews in America is secular and the Jews in Israel are no longer the oppressed minority.

If you've been to Israel you`ll notice how they turned arid wasteland into a lush little paradise. If there were no conflict with arabs/palestinians, do you think they would thrive even more, or do they need that kind of conflict to keep themselves on their toes?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Not at all.

Most of the Jewish Settlers who transformed that arid wildness into lush farmland are peace-loving people. Theyre there on the assumption that their living in messianic times; that the land they work is for the good of the people of Israel and they have no desire at all for conflict. Im speaking of course of the simple Jews who live on the outskirts, in the small, undeveloped areas. Not the ultra secular Tel Aviv district.

I think 2000 years of sufferring, exile and wandering (no people have been around the way the Jew has while miraculously maintaing their culture) has come to a crescendo. Whats left is for the secularized Jews to come to their senses and return to their ancestoral religion. Lets hope that happens without further 'reproof' in the form of Arab confrontation - with Hizbollah, Hamas, Iran, Syria, Egypt....

Lets hope and pray that America DOES not betray Israel. The founders built the constitution on the template of the Torah of Israel. From the very beginning the Hebrew bible and the new testament served as the basis of a "free society", with small government (as Jethro recommends to Moshe, btw, in that segement in the Torah. It is essentially the germ of a representational small government) with a mostly agrarian society.

Thats why Jews came to america. It was the only land (outside of poland, or lithunaia which permitted freedom of worship) where Jews could be Jews, without chastisement or vilification.

I dont support everything Israel does by a long shot, but ISRAEL is unique and the Jewish people and their bible is unique. They dont have any imperialistic goals like the catholic church or Islam. They want to live in Israel in PEACE.

Everyone contemptuously ignores this in favor of the bellicose palestinians whose papers praise hitler regularly and mock the holocaust as some "jewish conspiracy to take the land of palestine"...

Undoubtedly the Jews deserve Israel and Israel IS Jewish land.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Most of the Jewish Settlers who transformed that arid wildness into lush farmland are peace-loving people. Theyre there on the assumption that their living in messianic times; that the land they work is for the good of the people of Israel and they have no desire at all for conflict.

I have absolutely no doubt that those that wish for conflict are a very small minority, but conflict also arises from ignorance, whether that be educationally ignorant, or simply ignorance of the culture and environment that you are 'claiming'.

The establishment of Israel involved the mass immigration of European culture and it's imposition on an already existing peoples, both Muslim and Jew, collectively Semites. The peoples that settled in that region in the period immediately following the first world war, onwards, were not Semites, though many were, very distantly, of Semitic extraction genetically, ethnically they were anything but.

These peoples brought their 'ways' and their culture with them and literally planted it in the desert. They may have created a vast oasis of lush farmland but at what expense? Where do they source the water for irrigation purposes? Where did that water use to run freely to? And who's land further along that source is now arid and barren for lack of water? Or who's water flows to them contaminated by pesticides and chemical fertilisers from upstream?

The Palestinians aren't just beating their gums out of jealousy at the nice farms they have over there, but because that land, and all the surrounding land, was at one time productive, it just didn't look so 'European'. Aesthetically speaking.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

I dont know what youre talking. The PA gets both water and electricity from Israel.

Also... Do people like you really believe that palestine would be a democratic state? Like Syria, or Egypt, or Saudi Arabia, or Jordan... or shall i continue listing off distatorships supported by America? (tunjsia was a good example of that..up until last week)

Im not sure if youve followed the history of the PLO but they are notorious liars; infact, some historians have asserted that deception is 2nd nature to the Arab. Again, this is present in their own religion, where decieving the infidel is a religious obligation. Arav (the source of the word arab) in Hebrew also means 'to beguile'. It would be tiresome to go through all the different accords from camp david, to madrid to oslo which the PA and arafat repeatedly violated. Suffice to say; the palestinians are liars and hypocrites. A prime example is during the oslo war when Israelis were being killed left right and center by terrorists arab leaders were in Amman holding a conference denying the holocaust (prefiguring Irans conference) decrying the Jew as a blood thirsty criminal. This they were saying when Palestinian terrorists were killing israel teenagers and infants (for instance, the tel aviv bombing which happened 2 days earlier that killed 21 14-18 year olds).. these sort of ironies are commonplace for Arabs.

So, why even come to the defence of the PLO. They are CORRUPT. They never use their financial aid for the purposes there given for, they never honor any peace pact they sign (or dont sign, for that matter)... and they repeat over and over again, from Hamas to fatah to hizbollah, that they do not want Israel to exist PERIOD. Therefore obviating the rationale for a 'peace process'. The Waqf denies the existence of the Jewish religion, of the 1st and 2nd temples (despite their excavating and eliminating evidence for it at the Temple mount). They spread venemous anti-jewish propaganda (go to Palestinemediawatch.org to see for yourself). ... In addition, Islam is completely irreconcilable with democracy; ie; sharia law.

So why attack the Jew? Its in americas interest to DEFEND Israel, not seek to undo it....Or downplay the signifiance of their religious attachment to the land. Its a little startling that people dont seem to care that Jews from Morocco to Lithunia for the past 1800 years of their exile have faced eastward toward Jerusalem when praying..3 times a day.... Jews living in Baghdad or Iran faced westwards, towards Jerusalem. Israel has always been the focalpoint of Judaism, and of the Jewish people.

I am sorry that their exists such a thing as secular zionism. It is a complete oxymoron initself. Zion refers to the Temple mount yet moshe Dayan gave that away the day Jerusalem was liberated.
edit on 19-1-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I dont know what youre talking. The PA gets both water and electricity from Israel.

Why does it have to get water and electricity from Israel? Why does it not have access to those resources itself? As in why has it been created dependent in the first place??? Clearer? Israel has lush farmland because of free access to water, a right denied to the Palestinians? Any clearer? Boundaries are drawn up, these things are calculated and planned for, no one accidently forgets that people need water, so wouldn't it have been fair to allow Palestine the same free rights to water as the Israeli land owners, instead of creating a situation of subservience or reliance?

Also... Do people like you really believe that palestine would be a democratic state? Like Syria, or Egypt, or Saudi Arabia, or Jordan... or shall i continue listing off distatorships supported by America? (tunjsia was a good example of that..up until last week)

Your point is? The situation in the Middle East is not, in any sense of the word, ideal, but I was responding to yours and Skyfloating's point that Israel had lush productive land now and that that was a positive. I was arguing that it had productive land before, but that that productivity was more widespread due to no one group over using or monopolising/controlling the water supply. Therefore what you and Skyfloating see as positive is only so for a specific area and people, and is having long term impacts on the surrounding environment. Any good being far out weighed by the bad.

Im not sure if youve followed the history of the PLO but they are notorious liars; infact, some historians have asserted that deception is 2nd nature to the Arab.

Which historians would those be? I am sure they represent the cream of imperialistic intellectualism. They are all liars. The PLO, like paramilitary organisation, does not emerge out of nowhere. If you expanded your myopism for a moment and read a little Middle Eastern history that didn't focus only on the Jewish perspective, you will find that they took some provoking to organise themselves into anything. Tribalism does not go with corporationism, the territories involved are too small. To oust the Ottomans, who were allowing Germany to build a railway which would threaten British trade supremacy, the British organised the Arab revolt, by agreeing to self-determination of the Arab peoples if they helped them get rid of the Ottomans. At about the same time, other factions, possibly affiliated with the Milner Group, were working with Standard Oil to secure drilling rights in Saudi Arabia. So while Lawrence of British SIS made an agreement with one tribal leader, Philby made another with the Bin Sauds. The latter was the one that was kept. Following the ousting of the Ottomans, and the establishment of the British mandate, the Arab population suffered incredible persecution, attacks and massacres by the emerging Jewish radical movement, that was clearly being financed and egged on by someone.

Either way, neither side is blameless, but to suppose that the PLO was created without extreme provocation and are any more or less of liars than any of the other players is beyond naive.

Again, this is present in their own religion, where decieving the infidel is a religious obligation. Arav (the source of the word arab) in Hebrew also means 'to beguile'. It would be tiresome to go through all the different accords from camp david, to madrid to oslo which the PA and arafat repeatedly violated. Suffice to say; the palestinians are liars and hypocrites. A prime example is during the oslo war when Israelis were being killed left right and center by terrorists arab leaders were in Amman holding a conference denying the holocaust (prefiguring Irans conference) decrying the Jew as a blood thirsty criminal. This they were saying when Palestinian terrorists were killing israel teenagers and infants (for instance, the tel aviv bombing which happened 2 days earlier that killed 21 14-18 year olds).. these sort of ironies are commonplace for Arabs.

Again, two wrongs do not make a right and how does this have any bearing on the fact that the Palestinian people are denied the basic right to water so that Israel can have nice rolling farmland just like they had in the homeland, Europe?

CX

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
In all honesty, the threads about the Jewish people fascinate me here. It is a great learning curve for me as i have until recent years, had absoloutely no contact or experience of the Jewish community.

Many things i read online are not great, but i have a girlfriend whose family in Leeds spent much of thier life working with and supporting friends within the Jewish community. I have heard virtualy nothing but good things. A very generous and warmbunch of people.

Of the Jewish people i have met there, i have had nothing but warm receptions and i repay them with nothing less.

Not much of a reply i know, but it's all i have. If my opinion is wrong in any way, i can't help that....thats just what i've seen.

CX.
edit on 19/1/11 by CX because: grammar

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

Why does it have to get water and electricity from Israel? Why does it not have access to those resources itself? As in why has it been created dependent in the first place??? Clearer? Israel has lush farmland because of free access to water, a right denied to the Palestinians? Any clearer? Boundaries are drawn up, these things are calculated and planned for, no one accidently forgets that people need water, so wouldn't it have been fair to allow Palestine the same free rights to water as the Israeli land owners, instead of creating a situation of subservience or reliance?

Jews tend to look out for other Jews. In other words, Jews helped finance the state of Israel. If arabs and palestinians are having trouble jumpstarting their own state, it could have to do with the inherent violence and belligerence of the Arab..ie; Sunni vs. Shi'a vs. Malawi vs. Druze etc... They arent exactly a congenial people (although of course there are a normal minority)...Arab nations should be helping Palestinians build themselves. They seem rto only offer money when they can insure that it will result in "jewish blood". See how palestinians have revealed that the PLO offers 15,000 dollars for suicide bombers; and financial support till their youngest child becomes an adult. Again, Just peruse PMW.org and see why this is true. Their media is like living in Nazi Germany on steroids.

Israel WAS CREATED through Jewish effort and ingenuity. It was those Jewish settlers of the 1880s and up until the formation of the state in the 50s, who TIRELESSLY worked the land with a profound dream in the return of their people to their land. You have to understand that Jews had been in exile and sufferred persecution because of their religion for 1700 YEARS - as a people, seperate and trying to preserve their own unique identity. These were the children of these people who passionately understood Theodore Herzls call for a Jewish right to self determination.

Israel was no accident but a divine act. Anyone who knows anything about the bible knows that the prophets preedicted a day when Israel would return to statehood. We are in the year 5771 in the Hebrew calendar. By kabbalistic rendering, this means that were nearing the end of this 'world'. G-d created the world in 6 days, and as david explains in a psalm, a 1000 years is a but a passing day in your sight". This led to the very ancient view explained in ancient midrashim that there is to be 6000 YEARS of human history. We are at the very end; a point that the Achoranim of the last 500 years have called "the footsteps of the messiah".

This is not a coincidence. you dont talk about these things for thoudands of years in your esoteric writings and to be confirmed thousands of years later as an actual jewish state, in practical history, by complete coincidence. No. This was undoubtedly the work of G-d abetted by certain Jewish and Gentile individuals of a mystic persuasion.

Whether their interests are based in the true Torah tradition of the orthodox Rabbis, or the gnostic perversion of christiandom/islam which seeks a completely different future, albeit, THROUGH their appropriation of the Hebraic tradition yets to be determined. But this is the main factor behind the states existence. The elite are quite immersed in the Kabbalah and mysticism of the Hebrew tradition (i know its silly, but it is allusive to this fact. In the movie 'sherlock holmes' guy richie - interested in kabbalah - has the elite of Britian completely immersed in kabbalah. In the giant meeting room he has the Hebrew word (complete) שלמ inscribed on the step to the upper floor) thus explaining why the bible is so popular in the west and why it is essentially the most popular book EVER.

Your point is? The situation in the Middle East is not, in any sense of the word, ideal, but I was responding to yours and Skyfloating's point that Israel had lush productive land now and that that was a positive. I was arguing that it had productive land before, but that that productivity was more widespread due to no one group over using or monopolising/controlling the water supply. Therefore what you and Skyfloating see as positive is only so for a specific area and people, and is having long term impacts on the surrounding environment. Any good being far out weighed by the bad.

Why cant the Palestinians summon their will power and deveop their state? Do you know that the word palestinians wasnt used before 1920. It was simply a non-existent people. It entered common usage later on as it started getting heavy coverage. My point is, it could have been developed hundreds of years ago and made into a viable state. Under the ottomans it wasnt.. not when it was governed before. The arabs DID not cultivate that land and as both mark twain and the Hadriani Relandis 1695 Geoagraphical book of the holy land records, "it was desolate. Most of the towns are Hebrew or Christian. Only a few are inhabited by Arabs." Thats essentially the gist. People dont seem to remember that the Crusades had to do with Jerusalem and Israel. Thus, its completely reasonable and EXPECTED to understand that Israel was rather cosmpolitian because of this association of it with the Hebraic tradition, made mainly by christians and Jews..and later on by Moslems but it certainly lost importance to them after the 15th century.

The latter was the one that was kept. Following the ousting of the Ottomans, and the establishment of the British mandate, the Arab population suffered incredible persecution, attacks and massacres by the emerging Jewish radical movement, that was clearly being financed and egged on by someone.

Are you implying that it was the Jews, who did the financing?

Heres an interesting piece of history, since you seem to enjoy victimizing the arabs.

On June 15, 1834 [1], Arab Muslim rioters went on a rampage, massacre [2] [3], mass-rape [4] on Jews in Safed Palestine (Israel).

"The inciter, a local Muslim clergyman, self proclaimed Islamic "prophet" Muhammad Damoor, "foresaw" the massacre which he agitated to.[2][5] From his "prophecies":

"the true Believers would rise up in just wrath against the Jews, and despoil them of their gold, and their silver, and their jewels."

Atleast 500 were killed. Its amazing how often muslims "rape" "dismember" those they kill... How unbelievably holy of them. yup. This people who cheered on 9/11 are "peace lovin"...They cant get enough peace.

Jaffa riots of 1921. 43 Jews murdered.

Dozens of British, Arab, and Jewish witnesses all reported that Arab men bearing clubs, knives, swords, and some pistols broke into Jewish buildings and murdered their inhabitants, while women followed to loot.[citation needed] They attacked Jewish pedestrians and destroyed Jewish homes and stores.[citation needed] They beat and killed Jews in their homes, including children, and in some cases split open the victims' skulls

1929 Jerusalem riots left 133 Jews dead. Why? Because the psycho arabs apparently think the wailing wall - the western wall of the fallen 2nd temple, is THEIRS. Such lies result in conflict and they killed 133 Jews based on it.

The massacre at Hebron in 1929

The riots began in earnest, however, on the morning of Saturday, August 24. Arabs killed 64 to 67 Jews in Hebron and wounded many others. Babies were beheaded. Old rabbis were castrated. There were incidents of rape, torture and mutilation. Hands and fingers were torn off bodies, apparently for jewelry.

www.zionism-israel.com...

Safed massacred of 1929. 20 Jews were killed by arabs.

Tiberias massacre of 1938.... 19 Jews murdered, 11 of whom were children.

en.wikipedia.org...

And still many more. Im just tired of reading "Arab riot" "rape, murder, dismember" "loot" etc.

Please, find me evidence for YOUR point, where Jews rioted and massacred arabs. Didnt happen. Because simply put Judaism is a relatively pacifist religion, unlike Islam.

Either way, neither side is blameless, but to suppose that the PLO was created without extreme provocation and are any more or less of liars than any of the other players is beyond naive.

Theyre EXCEPTIONAL liars in that they inform you sometimes even BEFORE they lie.

But yes, every government on earth is involved in lying. Its machiavelli 3.0 . Israeli is probably one of the worst in the world. Its government is obscenely corrupt. They can run a campaign about Not giving land over to the Arabs, and stressing the importance of not allowing the oppositionto do this, to WIN that election, fill its cabinet with members of the OPPOSING party, and then end up doing exactly that which they campaigned against. This was the story of Ariel Sharon and Likud vs. labor. The snake peres again got in office as foreign minister. No man is a liar and villain and a man who hates Jews more then the most ferocious antisemites, than Shimon Peres (which coincidentally means "to breach", in Hebrew). He calls Jews "they". Literally!!. Now hes the president of Israel.

Its fact that the 2nd Prime Minister of Israel, Moshe Sharrett said of Shomon Peres

If Shimon Peres ever enters this government, I will tear my clothes and start to mourn."

Hes a snake. He spends most of his time with European diplomats in Sweden, Norway. Italy, Spain, Portugal. etc

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Nietzsche was one strange man.

As nihilistic as he was, he himself predicts a future where Jews and the rest of the world will rejoice with them. On the '7th' day, meaning the 7th millenium of human history.

Nietzsche is one of my hero's!

I didn't know he said those doings about them.

Thanks to the OP for posting this thread!

The Jews make up a faction in one of the books I'm writing. They are excellent media tacticians, mercentile, show wisdom and make up for their lack of warrior prowess (compared to the other factions) with zeal and a fierce spy network

edit on 22-1-2011 by WatchRider because: Addition

edit on 22-1-2011 by WatchRider because: Another Addition!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Every day is a learning day on ATS!

I didn't know that your new leader was of questionable motives when it comes to his own people. I always figured that as far as Israeli's go, the government was among the most hardcore nationalist in the west to survive surrounded as it is.

Be that as it may, from the research I've been doing, you can't deny that the Talmud is among the most hard-core doctrines that are followed by some rabbi's and jews.
I think this is what causes a lot of anti-jew feelings at the moment.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join