It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Wikileaks founder Julian Assange to be charged with espionage in US

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SoCaNate

Nevermind about reactions or non-reactions here. It is just like a circus. Some have all the know and tell us this, others have all the know and tell us that.

We here are more like those old guys sitting on the bank of the mainroad, watching people and vehicles pass by.

You know, that first old guy went into the house to take a bath. But when he sat in there he was not sure, if everything was correct. So he called the second guy and asked him, if he was just getting into the bath, or if he just wanted to get out of the bath.
The second guy rushed to help him with that problem. But when he stumbled upstairs, he suddenly was not sure, what he was doing either. So he called the third guy to tell him, if he just was going upstairs or if he was going downstairs.
The third old guy laughed about his foolish friends. He knocked thrice on wood, because he still had a brain. After he knocked thrice on wood, he was thinking about that noice and told his friends: Wait a minute! I will help you soon. But first I will have to open the door. Someone was knocking!

So, this is the state of our little discussion here. At least somebody was knocking!

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

Yesh, that's the way they play the game....If THEY (US GOVT.) kills someone out of hatred (Hussein) or just for the hell of it (oil - Our sons and daughters in Afganistan/Iraq) or if they do the myriad of things these documents say they did.....it's ok, because they are our 'uh hem' elected.......representatives. It's not a crime if they do it...but if we do anything remotely like this we get the death sentence or life in prison or even if we just THINK the wrong thing....it can get you locked up. The media works for the hypocrites in the U.S. Government, this is why they can do it and get away with it. Just a bunch of high-paid hypocrits is all the government of America has become. They kiss your baby while campaigning, while smiling....when they would rather eat it. The will tell us a lie, even if the truth sounds better because they are evil.
edit on 11-12-2010 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I'm going to try making a bittorrent client that has a shared virtual storage system on it. Acting kinda like a distributed scsi style array (only optimized for distribution across the internet). I've figured out that I can use the peer id to differentiate other versions from my own. Essentially torrent is already halfway there, though some sort of push technology would have to sprinkle chunks of this virtual hard drive around the network...

I've decided that it's ok to take a copy of transmission for linux and add this feature in their, a sort of duplicate of rambo, so to speak.

Once this virtual space is available it then only requires virtual servers -- a means to plug in virtual scripting services such as php or java. DNS hosting services can be handled via the virtual hard drive and virtual server. Since transmissions can be encrypted, it would be nice to implement tighter encryption such as 256-bit, the sort that would take a million years to break. Then as a final addition would be proxying/tunneling protocol.

This way all communications are secure via encryption. Communications could originate from the client or be proxied without any way for the host to know it. A wikileaks can be hosted online that completely protects people''s identities, allows anonyminity on the web and makes a kill switch extremely difficult for the government to make. Screw their court orders, 70% of the internet traffic is torrent traffic, this can work quite easily. In fact I think it might be worth checking if peer id is sent unencrypted, as it should be encrypted with the rest of the data on the fly.

Why should we let the government retain power when with the right client software we can remove that possibility from ever happening. They would have to make encrypting communications illegal or distribution of torrent clients such as this illegal, and nobody would listen if they did.

We all know wikileaks is a CIA project that was designed to undermine freedom of speech on the internet. Mr. Assange gets millions because he's been bought by TPTB, or his partner who is splitting off to make openleaks is cia and assange is getting the tragic axing from his job as leader of the wikileaks crew. Either way I do not trust them. I would trust this however. We don't need wikileaks and we don't need any redacting of anything. The only way this can happen is to take something we have software-wise and adapt it to be the tool to win us this war.

The solution actually IS this simple. We shouldn't waste our money donating to suspicious wikileaks. We should focus on the cause rather than possibly allow it to be co-opted by what could be a cia asset. My idea is somewhat similar to project rambo but takes things a step further. I bet you we could develop such an idea faster, cheaper and easier than the military ever did with their rambo project (LOL).

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
What kind of prophet are you now? It's getting more ridiculous every minute. I hope, I can type quick enough.
edit on 11-12-2010 by Siddharta because: Saw there was time enough to add a W

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rebel121

The US could file any charges they want against Julian Assange, but the fact of the matter is that while he is in UK he will not be extradited to the US if there is the tiniest inkling that he would be given the death penalty.

l really really hope you're right.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthc

PRQ @ 10:43

svtplay.se...

Information should not be hoarded. We need open, healthy debate. Not another level of secrecy.
edit on 11-12-2010 by Cablespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by theinfernal

Sorry, I don't think they're too concerned about a few conspiracy theorist nutjobs and "the infernal1". Jumped the shark much? Americans are far too lazy to put up a resistance.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
What people are claiming that what he did was illegal is nonsense! He is merely the middle man in all this game of charades. He had nothing to do with obtaining the illegal information.

Try telling that to Mr. Assange -- that he was an unimportant middleman in the great scheme of things. He would probably bash you about the head.

Assange is an egomaniac who will act with disregard to people's and countries' security and well-being.

I am also surprised that he is being charged with espionage and the US government isn't getting charged with spying on many diplomatic allies.

This is about as an amazingly content-free statement as I ever read on ATS. Yes, there is an espionage war out there, wake up already and smell the coffee. US agents do get executed when they are busted... Now, it's the Assange time... If he's ever convicted, truthfully he should pay same price.

edit on 11-12-2010 by buddhasystem because: typo

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
Try telling that to Mr. Assange -- that he was an unimportant middleman in the great scheme of things. He would probably bash you about the head.

Assange is an egomaniac who will act with disregard to people's and countries' security and well-being.

That's funny, because to me, it seems like he doesn't want that much attention and instead is just the figurehead for wikileaks, with the media trying to push HIM into the spotlight instead of wikileaks, so I could see where you got your idea from, but I disagree with it and consider it propaganda.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
For craps sake, all of this "big bad egomaniac Assange secret CIA agent NWO shill" rhetoric is such hooey. The US is the "big bad egomaniac secret CIA agen wielding NWO shill" we need to be concerned about.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

That's funny, because to me, it seems like he doesn't want that much attention and instead is just the figurehead for wikileaks, with the media trying to push HIM into the spotlight instead of wikileaks, so I could see
where you got your idea from, but I disagree with it and consider it propaganda.

Be my guest. Search ATS for Assange and find a recent thread which explains how he said in his own words that he's "heart and soul" of WL (as opposed to fictitious "figure-head") and how he behaves in a pretty POS manner with regard to his employees.

That zero of a person CRAVES attention..

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Be my guest. Search ATS for Assange and find a recent thread which explains how he said in his own words that he's "heart and soul" of WL (as opposed to fictitious "figure-head") and how he behaves in a pretty POS manner with regard to his employees.

Sounds like every politician I've seen...
Lets lock em all up

But you have to admit, deliberate or not you are just posting disinfo 101..
Attack the messenger when you can't attack the message...
Kinda sad really that the focus has gone off the leaks and onto the source..
They are doing their job well.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

That's funny, because to me, it seems like he doesn't want that much attention and instead is just the figurehead for wikileaks, with the media trying to push HIM into the spotlight instead of wikileaks, so I could see
where you got your idea from, but I disagree with it and consider it propaganda.

lol "zero of a person." I'm not going to deny he has ego. Takes a lot of damn ego to carry on with what he has done. You, nor I know enough of the inner workings from the very beginning to know how much of himself and his life he has invested to come this far, and expect him to not have his ego invested? I believe the ego invested is more reflective of artist to his work, than to some craven maniac you are trying to make him out to be,,, but meh, go ahead and blast your silliness his way, what you say makes no matter to me, nor to him. lol He will continue to work for your rights to free access of information regardless. That's what happens when you work for the greater good, you know that it will benefit even those that despise you.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

We will see - even 110 year old Grandma on the corner of West Covina has a Glock. 1 out of 5 in the U.S,. owns a gun. Bring a war to the streets and it will be death guaranteed.

I love posts like this - are you kidding me! America is far from passive - more like a ticking armed time bomb waiting for what we "know" is coming.

Some are so nieve

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Siddharta

When the truth about Israel comes out - it will finally be game over! And I will say - thank GOD!

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I'm a bit under-educated to all the details about WikiLeaks, but what has really been bothering me for the past few days is this. If the same information was "discovered" by an American, and then disseminated only to the American public...I believe the actions by this government would be the same (eg. arrests and charges). Agreed?

That would translate to me that there is proof that our government is keeping secrets from the American public and that would imply that "they" view us a children...or cattle. Feeding us only what we "need to know" and controlling everything else to their benefit. While I have suspected this for quite some time, and I know many people here subscribe to the same conclusion...this would be "proof".

I understand many may be saying that this post is "obvious". I can understand America being pissed that American secrets were leaked to non-Americans, but I now believe that "the American government" would also be pissed if "the American government" secrets were leaked to Americans. THAT BOTHERS ME! Something about that slightly different angle or view of the WikiLeaks situation is making the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
If only he was Russian, then he could be sent home and feature in Men's magazines and go fishing with Putin. Sadly...No, he is made a scapegoat by the Australian/American Government and the wider political community.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
The relevant treaties between Great Britain and The United States, and Sweden and the United States both rule out extradition for alleged political crimes. In criminology a political crime is defined as an act that is harmful to the interests of a nation, its government, or its political system. This certainly seems to be exactly what the United States is accusing Mr. Assange of. Turning it into a matter of espionage instead would be advantageous to the aims of the government of the United States, but there does not seem to be a sound basis for doing so. Mr. Assange and WikiLeaks appear to have had no direct contact with Pvt. Manning. The documents seem to have been received via a third party.At least this is the scenario that is reportedly being assumed by the U.S. government. Ross
edit on 11-12-2010 by Ross 54 because: added information

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sounds_of_Silence
If only he was Russian, then he could be sent home and feature in Men's magazines and go fishing with Putin. Sadly...No, he is made a scapegoat by the Australian/American Government and the wider political community.

Well if he was Israeli it would just be a quick call to Obama and he'd be on a first class flight outta there..

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

How right you are, I don't even know why America associates themselves with the Zionist nation, even after they have found evidence of Israel spying on a country much larger than there own...clearly America has no viable interest in Israel, they are only out for themselves, why don't they go and better a place like Somalia instead of being sandwiched between various muslim borders.
edit on 11-12-2010 by Sounds_of_Silence because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join