It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Wikileaks founder Julian Assange to be charged with espionage in US

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Be my guest. Search ATS for Assange and find a recent thread which explains how he said in his own words that he's "heart and soul" of WL (as opposed to fictitious "figure-head") and how he behaves in a pretty POS manner with regard to his employees.

That zero of a person CRAVES attention..

So much unlike our bought and paid for media heads. Give us a break.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoAngel2u
For craps sake, all of this "big bad egomaniac Assange secret CIA agent NWO shill" rhetoric is such hooey. The US is the "big bad egomaniac secret CIA agen wielding NWO shill" we need to be concerned about.

Now someone's thinking, hooray!

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

This is a campaign of distraction.

Make the story about Assange, not the releases or the information held within.

We could spend, months, or even years in protracted court cases or legal battles about these "iminent" charges or even one regarding extradition.

Even though the US has no real grounds to charge Assange, they have effectively switched the focus, and much of the media attenton onto an entirely different topic.

Don't buy the hype.

edit on 11/12/10 by atlasastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
seems like the ones who accused him of sexual assult have fled to the middle east....

Assange accuser may have ceased co-operating

Anna Ardin, one of the two complainants in the rape and sexual assault case against WikiLeaks editor-in-chief Julian Assange, has left Sweden, and may have ceased actively co-operating with the Swedish prosecution service and her own lawyer, sources in Sweden told Crikey today.

www.crikey.com.au...

Find the entire wikileaks situation to be one huge set-up. Start releasing some "good" information - what about those bankers? Don't give information that anyone with half a clue could have guessed.
edit on 11-12-2010 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by atlasastro

This is a campaign of distraction.

Make the story about Assange, not the releases or the information held within.

We could spend, months, or even years in protracted court cases or legal battles about these "iminent" charges or even one regarding extradition.

Even though the US has no real grounds to charge Assange, they have effectively switched the focus, and much of the media attenton onto an entirely different topic.

Don't buy the hype.

edit on 11/12/10 by atlasastro because: (no reason given)

Spot on mate. You nailed it.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

That would translate to me that there is proof that our government is keeping secrets from the American public and that would imply that "they" view us a children...or cattle. Feeding us only what we "need to know" and controlling everything else to their benefit. While I have suspected this for quite some time, and I know many people here subscribe to the same conclusion...this would be "proof".

While I know you would like to think the entire population was clever and mature enough to handle "all" information, they are not. And much of the information released has nothing to do with dirty secrets, but with simple day-to-day operations in wartime environment. Releasing this info is monumentally irresponsible. Everyone on sites like this think they are so terribly clever - but the reality is, they have no real clue what sort of useful information an enemy can gleam from simple-seeming documents.

Does our government or other agencies have dirty secrets? Yea, you bet they do. It's been that way since the dawn of time, and won't be changing any time soon. Some should be exposed. But much of the stuff released is nothing "dirty" or scandelous - it's just dangerous to give such info to an enemy.

It's kind of funny that while we feel some of this info would be terribly damning, but other countries.. even enemies of ours.. their governments have dismissed the documents outright.

Some of you have no real idea... that countries and governments.. they really DO need to keep some secrets.. secret.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Yeah, it's been working really well for the civilian population with all of these secrets they've been keeping... Let me tell you.

Originally posted by fleabit

That would translate to me that there is proof that our government is keeping secrets from the American public and that would imply that "they" view us a children...or cattle. Feeding us only what we "need to know" and controlling everything else to their benefit. While I have suspected this for quite some time, and I know many people here subscribe to the same conclusion...this would be "proof".

Some of you have no real idea... that countries and governments.. they really DO need to keep some secrets.. secret.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
You can put lipstick on a Pig,

Or put sunglasses on a Kangaroo in Court.

But we all know what it's going to be like for an Espionage trial. They already let two Jewish-Americans go on Espionage charges that were smuggling information to a foreign government. IN the case of Assange -- the information was visible by about 2 million people within government and got reviewed by other Media outlets.

Also as EVIDENCE for the defense; reports from the CIA, Military and other groups have weighed in that there was nothing sensitive.

>> But hey, we've allowed court cases with tortured, drugged individuals with SHOCK COLLARS for crying out loud. They've got all kinds of drugs to IMPLANT memories. I only hope Assange doesn't stand up in trial and tale credit for shooting JFK.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

>> Well then why do we have a Democracy at all? Why not declare our economic system too complicated and let the "smart people" play in their own sandbox -- oh wait, we already did that and they ran up over a Quadrillion dollars worth of on-backed assets in derivatives.

Every time I hear some justification for NOT having transparency -- it's because "we can't handle the truth."

The enemy is SO EVIL and diabolical.

>> I'm sure this all escapes me -- it really amazes me because it doesn't SEEM like there is any enemy at all -- just a lot of people on the take from multinational corporations or in it for themselves hoping they don't get caught.

I mean; why is it national security that Karzai's brother is the biggest drug smuggler. Or that Blackwater has to smuggle drugs with the Taliban. And why do we spent over $750 Billion on a military but buy weapons from companies that are setting up manufacturing plants in China? Will the US and Chinese versions of smart bombs at least be standardized to save GM a bundle by having Weapons of Mass Destruction take advantage of economies of scale?

The documents "wikileaks" revealed, show an arrogant and cynical State Department.

>> I mean, what kind of security do we get when we allow our Military and Government, to spy on us, scan our clothes but NEVER actually investigate the biggest Terrorist attack on the USA. Half of us here, believe our own government was complicit.

>> Is there anyway to prove that we aren't attacking ourselves to justify giving more and more resources to "SECURITY?"

The CIA is now advertising for new people to "be part of history" and join up as a spook. It's going to be full employment; One person to pat down their neighbor, and the unemployed neighbor to freak out about the security state and buy weapons from the GM weapons plant in China. Why the Hell do we need MORE people in security? More people slip and fall on rubber duckies in the bathtub than died in 9/11 -- we'd save more LIVES in this country for less money by just checking for Led paint on our imported toys.

Bombing countries to get cheap resources makes us LESS SECURE. And there is no proof that having a TRANSPARENT Security Service in this country would make us less or more safe -- I don't think there is any proof that the CIA isn't MOSTLY in the process of screwing us and increasing profits for Corporations. Seems to me that MOST of the action in Latin America was about reducing labor costs -- NOT increasing security.

>> But hey, let's buy million-dollar scanners at every airport, while we can't keep schools open. The future Engineers from India and China will be able to provide us with BETTER scanners in the future. And cheaper prison cells for all the broke, homeless people to be caged up by for-profit Prison systems.

If we have any more GOOD security in this country, nobody is going to want to live here.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I feel way more threatened since 9/11 by my own country than any "potential" threat of someone with an Arab sounding name.

IT seems to take more FBI handlers and more drugs to create each and every "Muzlim terrorist." As long as your city doesn't try and defend privacy rights and the Constitution -- you probably aren't going to be on the attack list.

Where is our self-respect and backbone? Are we really this scared? -- because I wasn't. When I talk to anyone, the NUMBER ONE FEAR they have is of losing a job. Not having money for retirement or educating their kids. They worry about Corn Syrup and chemicals in their food. I've never heard anyone -- NOT ONE PERSON, say; "Gee, I sure hope that Bin Laden feller doesn't blow me up."

>> But cheer up people -- WalMart is starting a program of "detecting suspicious people." I always wondered why we are spending so much to protect airplanes when there are more people in a WalMart. Well, now THEY can have scanners too. Won't that turn away business? Maybe not, if they get scanners and then a place that doesn't has a bomb attack -- SEE Americans? Scanners make terrorists go away!

Of course, there won't be an investigation -- all hush, hush and secret like.

>> I'm sure the NUMBER ONE thing protecting America, is that we are well on our way to being a third-world nation, that is so busy causing self-inflicted wounds it's just too pathetic to bother with. If I didn't like this country -- I'd be cheering on the Damn CIA and the witch hunt of Julian Assange right now. Heck, the Saudis should probably have ten women come forward and testify that they were also raped.

This is all a distraction. The END GAME, is to turn everyone not part of the privileged support group into an indentured servant. Paying off your "birth debt" will only take 90 years.... Some people might be so stupid as to think that it would help our economy to shut down Unemployment insurance -- but we all know that the Millionaire tax-breaks, unnecessary wars, war on terror, drug war, and military spending would be very easy to take money from.

>> If they (our secret services) cannot tell the American public what they are doing -- then either they need to educate the Public better -- or it is something they shouldn't be doing.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

While I know you would like to think the entire population was clever and mature enough to handle "all" information, they are not. And much of the information released has nothing to do with dirty secrets, but with simple day-to-day operations in wartime environment. Releasing this info is monumentally irresponsible.

So where do you think this 'wartime environment' came from in the first place, huh? Are you really that naive to think Osama Bin-Laden created this war? And why is your government apparently so afraid of releasing this information? Otherwise there would not be this "which hunt" about Wikileaks and Julian Assange. The 'enemy' that you are speaking of is just home made, nothing else. Stop making war, then there will not be any war for Christ sake!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fe690a0d9051.jpg[/atsimg]

Just reminding everyone that I am currently rotating in my grave. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Assange's Swedish lawyer Björn Hurtig now has knowledge of the accusations and calls it a farce.
If he could tell the British court about it, it would make the extradition a "moot point", he said, but he may use the information only in his own country.

Wik iLeaks 'rape' victims had hidden agendas ... and I've seen the proof says Julian Assange's lawyer

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by theinfernal
Cant You See It??!!!!!???!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?

They will continue their cyber attacks untill it is in our national security best interest to completely control the internet. THIS INTERNET IS WHAT BROUGHT ALL OF US THINKING PEOPLE TOGETHER AND IT IS THE #1 THORN IN THE SIDES OF OUR WOULD BE MASTERS. The more they attack Julian the more anon attacks the madder we get at anon.

What's in our national security best interest is the freedom of speech and a government that does not lie to us on a regular basis. Have you noticed that our whole country is 100% guaranteed to go bankrupt lately? That is a danger to national security. Wikileaks is nothing in comparison to that. Yet you have all these people in government calling for Julian Assanges head? They should look in the mirror because they are the problem and they are the threat to our national security when they are sending "our country" to ruin. How does spending money like a raging crack-head looking for a fix protect our national security? It does not and does the opposite... endanger us.

So not only do these political nutter freaks like Mike Huckabee wish to cut people's heads off for daring to value the freedom of speech, they want to do so while destroying the country. They've done more to take away our freedoms than terrorists could not hope to accomplish in several life-times. Mike Huckabee is a terrorist and he proves this when he says he wishes to murder Julian Asange, a man who's "crime" is reporting the news. If killing someone over the news isn't terrorism I guess I don't know what is..

What Anon is doing is heroic. DNS attacks on a banking service like Mastercard and Payal are great. The more attacks they do the happier I become... I don't get madder at all... only you do because your value on the freedom of expression is low.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

the whole wikileaks thing is all a big false flag operation once again. Come on , look at this he gives the leaked documents to 4 or so newspapers that are some of the worst ones on the planet for telling what happened. The person in the New York Times who controls what the public gets to see sits on two different comitees or councils the people like ex cia dirrectors, condalica rice an so on.And Assange agrees with the Govt version of 911 this alone shouid throw up red flags and most of the stuff isnt even classified and it is all unimportant crap that really has no value . Why isnt there more threads about this

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Just to add some levity to the thread here's 2 SNL sketches with Bill Hader as Julian.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

While I know you would like to think the entire population was clever and mature enough to handle "all" information, they are not. And much of the information released has nothing to do with dirty secrets, but with simple day-to-day operations in wartime environment. Releasing this info is monumentally irresponsible. Everyone on sites like this think they are so terribly clever - but the reality is, they have no real clue what sort of useful information an enemy can gleam from simple-seeming documents.

Does our government or other agencies have dirty secrets? Yea, you bet they do. It's been that way since the dawn of time, and won't be changing any time soon. Some should be exposed. But much of the stuff released is nothing "dirty" or scandelous - it's just dangerous to give such info to an enemy.

It's kind of funny that while we feel some of this info would be terribly damning, but other countries.. even enemies of ours.. their governments have dismissed the documents outright.

I follow you, but...releasing this type of information to us (eg. the Americans) shouldn't be an issue. I don't know about everyone else, but I don't trust our government. Our government is made up of people...just other people...and many simply want money and power. Why would we ever want these people to have that power...to decide that something they do can be called "secret" from us??? Its like signing over all your assets and "power of attorney" to the guy down the street and hoping everything will be OK.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by zcflint05

BREAKING: Wikileaks founder Julian Assange to be charged with espionage in US

Article from Daily Mail

America is set to bring spying charges against jailed WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, claims his lawyer.
She believes U.S. prosecutors are finalising their case against the 39-year-old behind the publication of more than 250,000 secret diplomatic messages.
Jennifer Robinson said she understands U.S. charges are ‘imminent’.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 12/10/10 by zcflint05 because: more HTML correction

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
What this means is that if the rape charges fail to stick this is the fallback plan.

Now, let's explain some legalities.

The fact that how he came into said docs is not illegal but the very act of possession of docs is under "Possession Of Stolen Docs".

As to the Bilderberg docs, the Insurance files, the bank information and even the actions of The Federal Reserve are not classified any item that does not threaten or jeapoardize any aspect of the Federal Govt infastructure or operational ability is not protected under immunity like how a "Confidential Informant" working as either an agent of law enforcement or the media does is immune from prosecution.

What is decreed and ruled as "Sensitive Classified Information" is any Inter Govt emails and communications, any current or future troop positioning (covers National Defense directive items such as Counter weapon defense systems, weapons defense shields), The identies, aliases and locations of any currently active and soon to be active intelligence agents anywhere on the planet, the identies, aliases and locations of any specialized weapons/tatical forces anywhere on the planet, the placement of warships, missle silos, satelite dishs pertinent and exclusively under the control of the Federal Govt, vulnerability points in our national infastructure, high yeild and power weapons testing, manufacturing, storage and disposal facilities as well as anyone working with them (from the hourly wage earner Janitors all the way up to base Commander), Minute by minute itenaries of any official either domestic or foriegn to The Federal Govt as release of any regardless if you are the actor in acquiring and compiling information such as this with the intent to release it is a felony.

This is TPTB making a point well clear, all who decieve them are dead and will be exterminated. Do not be surprised if he either turns up dead or is reported as "missing" as that will be the death nail.

Sweeden itself was obviously threatened along the lines of "Either make Assagne go away or else your nation will feel the wrath the same way England, Ireland, Iceland, Greece felt!" Helsinki in this case was backed into a corner. I know that Europe would love nothing more then to be rid of the problem we are having to contend with stateside but how the heil can 10,000 really have that much control, leverage and power over 7,000,000,000? Why is it that no government in the world seems to have a spine against these azzhats?

Hillary being directly named in one of the recent cables as trying to gain acess into the UN's hard drives and trying to demand passwords, if I'm not mistaken but wouldn't that make her no better then a run of the mill hacker.

Reagarding ANON this is merely the first wave of many to come. Other networks and groups will be targeting other aspects of the entire TPTB infastructure.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
So what? I feel bad for the guy, but by bringing him down they wont bring down the wiki movement, which will just be faceless, yet mobile, assange was just the front, "a" founder of WL.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join