It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Wikileaks founder Julian Assange to be charged with espionage in US

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by canadacatfoodforcrocs
reply to post by zcflint05

the whole wikileaks thing is all a big false flag operation once again. Come on , look at this he gives the leaked documents to 4 or so newspapers that are some of the worst ones on the planet for telling what happened. The person in the New York Times who controls what the public gets to see sits on two different comitees or councils the people like ex cia dirrectors, condalica rice an so on.And Assange agrees with the Govt version of 911 this alone shouid throw up red flags and most of the stuff isnt even classified and it is all unimportant crap that really has no value . Why isnt there more threads about this

You don't need the newspapers to view the cables! They aren't the only source for the information. So what exactly is your point? Please, wake up from your stupor.

In a November 4th press conference, Assange made it clear they are doing this to show the public how the MSM handles the leaks differently. It was set up this way as a working example to show off media manipulation. In order to press the fight for greater transparency, it helps to identify some of the root problems in information delivery. In this latest 'test', you clearly see some media organizations willing to under-report or even flat out lie to hide the truth. It identifies credibility issues.

As a side note: Articles are appearing today detailing how journalists from around the world are backing WL and freedom of the press. In contrast, most media organizations in the US are all but silent on 1st Amendment rights.

@ 4:49

edit on 13-12-2010 by Cablespider because: add video

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Cablespider

The wikileaks war-room mentioned in the video likes using google it seems ;
i.imgur.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

I'm an Aussie mate and as far as I'm concerned you can take the good old US of A and shove it. What happened to the Watergate journalists. Nothing!!! But all of a sudden the dirty secret thoughts of the people we think we elect are out of the shadows and boo hoo the polies don't like it. Bring him home to OZ Gillard and tell the yanks to keep away get out of our back yard. Oh hang on the Asians will invade us if we don't have our big brother looking after us and they'll use the technology supplied by the USA. What a load of crap. Go wikileaks and for once show the people the truth.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
Good, he deserves what he gets..I hope him AND Pvt Bradley are co defendants
edit on 12/10/2010 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

Damn right - how dare people exercise freedom and basic human rights when it infringes the power and secrecy of big brother.

Defend your government son - get killed to protect the wealth of your slave masters - you will make good cannon fodder.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Here is the orginal subpoena:

subpoena (pdf, 4 pages)

On January 5 they lifted the seal:

Unsealing (pdf, 1 page)

People are wondering now, who else got such a subpoena and gave away data behind the scenes.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
What's with the 'cat and mouse' game, between Mr. Assange and the governments of the world. WHO is this guy? And, what is his REAL M.O.? I mean, come on already....this guy is a NOBODY...and yet...all these governments are after him? He releases 250,000 (THOUSAND) cables...or what-have-you....and NOT ONE has been earth shaking?

IF, this guy is some kind of 'journalists'....tell me, why is he playing around? I don't know, something just doesn't seem right with him....or his website; though i've only been there once or twice.

IMO...there has been much more damaging info released on ATS than wikileaks. The members on here, have provided MUCH information and news than this, so-called "journalist".

Spot light is on you...Mr. Assange...your 15 minutes of fame is upon thee....what wilt thou doest??? hahahahah Probably nothing! Why? Because he is a NOBODY!!! Who knows...he could be working for them...and we would be none the wiser. "They" could arrest him....on camera...go through the whole court case...on TV....get sentenced in front of our eyes....on CNN....and spend the rest of his life....chillin'...on the beaches of Dubai; and people would think: 1) justice was served or 2) liberty suffered another blow; depending whose side your on.

All i know is this....trust NOTHING that comes out of the TV/media. Heck, my ex-wife knows about wikileaks and she doesnt even use the internet. Which, by the way, i found VERY strange!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Isn't it amazing how someone exposing the truth is public enemy number one in the eyes of the US government and its allies.

The amount of effort they are going to in order to discredit Assange and scare the public off from even reading these documents is extraordinary.

How much time and tax payers money have they wasted over the past few months inventing a case for espionage against Assange? Why don't they actually do what they are paid to do and put some effort into real cases of espionage?

It was only a few months ago that a Mossad hit squad travelled to Dubai using stolen identities and assassinated a high ranking political leader of Hamas. They carried out the hit posing as real US, Australian, British, Canadian and NZ citizens using their passports, licences and credit cards that were issued from a US bank. If this act of espionage does not pose more of a threat to national security and deserve more attention from our governments than a journalist exposing a bit of truth then something is clearly wrong. This shows that the only 'security' that our governments are interested in is their own.

It is no wonder the rest of the world despises us. Our governments wage war on others to bring their people democracy and freedom yet the truth is our governments are run by the biggest megalomaniac dictators on the planet.

I can only think that the truth must be so bad that Colonel Jessop was right, we cant handle the truth.

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join