It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's McNuggets made with 'Silly Putty' chemical

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluebelle
Is it weird that I dont feel bothered in the slightest by this revelation?

yes it is weird that you will willingly eat garbage and ask for seconds. it is weird that you dont demand a higher quality of food from the people you are PAYING FOR THEIR SERVICES. when i order chicken nuggets i want chicken nuggets, not chicken flavored corn starch mixed with ground up chicken bone and gristle. it is because of people like you that we are being sold this crap. if you keep eating this junk they will keep selling it to you.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by TiM3LoRd]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
The biggest thing that bothers me about fast food is their usage of opiod-receptor chemicals that make you addicted and get high off of their food.

I quit eating fast food regularily 1 year ago. I might have it once every two months due to necessity if I am traveling.

Because I dont eat it regularily- because everytime I do it- my body reacts like crazy!

I get this really huge high off of eating the food, which leads to a crash 2 hours later. Then the next day, I have TERRIBLE cravings for more fast food again. The cravings are so intense it is almost unbearable. I tell my body, its just a chemical reaction. And then it passes.

Since I quit eating fast food (including pizza and chinese food) I have been able to maintain a healthy weight- where as before if I would eat fast food a few times a week I would gain weight consistantly. I tell ya- if you want to lose weight- cut out all fast food.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
The biggest thing that bothers me about fast food is their usage of opiod-receptor chemicals that make you addicted and get high off of their food.

Why not just make a pill with them in it?

I mean, tons of people would love having that in a pill.

Why waste all the time + money to put it in food?

Everyone loves pills so much anyways. They should just add this to our list of chew-able tablets...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I figure if kids can sit around eating paste, they'll be ok with the death-nuggets.
Mickey D's should probably add a paste-flavor dipping sauce.

Really though, fast food is TERRIBLE for us.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53
definitely glad I eat at burger king and whataburger. People at work however eat at mcdonald's once in awhile. They had some left over mcnuggets and tried some cold. It sure did taste funny like putty come to think of it....

you aren't spared if you go to another fast food chain. Guess what. They most likely contain similar chemicals that Mc Donalds uses.

Originally posted by pirhanna
I figure if kids can sit around eating paste, they'll be ok with the death-nuggets.
Mickey D's should probably add a paste-flavor dipping sauce.

Really though, fast food is TERRIBLE for us.

there already is paste-flavor dipping sauce. Heres one of them.

mc donalds barbecue sauce :
"High fructose corn syrup, water, tomato paste, grape vinegar, distilled vinegar, salt, soy sauce (water, wheat, soybeans, salt), food starch-modified, spices, dextrose,
soybean oil, natural smoke flavor (plant source), xanthan gum, caramel color, garlic powder, cellulose gum, dried chili peppers, malic acid, natural flavor (fruit and
vegetable source), onion powder, sodium benzoate (preservative), succinic acid. "

source: nutrition.mcdonalds.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Most major Pizza chains make their bread with the exact same chemicals. There was a thread on it about Pizza Hut a few months ago.

IMO, anything mass produced is bound to have chemicals... can't keep fresh food fresh for long, can you?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
have any of you heard Wendy's new jingle... "you know when its real"....

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
The name alone shoud stop you from wanting to eat there. And all the MSG...If you don't know that already about McDonald's then you deserve to eat putty, clay and glue just like the creepy kid did in art class in 2nd grade.... Enough said.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavelivanov22
yeah i would rather make some soup and know there is no silly pudding in there

or a finger in my chili

Humans are naturally Frugivores.

Second line.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
It doesn't matter what is revealed about what goes in to make this stuff.

We already know there are chemicals and other stuff that isn't good for us in this sort of food, but the fact that it tastes so good to so many people means the majority of population doesn't care.

They could tell us tomorrow that the lettuce is sprayed with nerve gas and people would still eat it.

What worries me is that people are addicted to this sort of food.
Never mind the chemicals they use to make it taste like real food, we should be worrying about what they are putting in there to make people want to eat it.

It's not hard to 'break' the addiction. It is hard however to keep it up.
So many times I've sworn off eating McDonalds, KFC, Burger King. And at first I succeed. I go months without even thinking about it.
Then one day it pops in to my head to go and buy some.

Their advertising should also be examined with a fine tooth comb.
It's no secret certain colours are used for certain reasons. Ever wondered why they all have the colour red on their branding/logos?

That should be the real concern for people. How they manage to keep people eating their garbage even when the entire civilized world knows its not only unhealthy because of high salt and sugar levels, but full of harmful chemicals.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
A true thing...

My then just-a-year-old son had been taking a nap when I smelled something terrible. I thought one of my (now-ex)wife's cats had taken a dump somewhere in the house but I couldn't find it for my damnedest. The only place I didn't check was the baby's room, since he was sleeping. After a while, I could hear the baby babbling to himself but didn't get him up right away; he was often content to just look out the window from his crib. When it was time to feed him, I was almost overwhelmed by the smell of feces the moment I opened the door. The baby had removed his diaper and was playing with it. Smeared on the walls, coated on the bars of the crib, caked on his hands and feet. And it was clear he had tried to eat it. He looked at me, proud as could be, and said, "Daddy!" for the first time.

The next day we went to McDonald's. I handed him a nugget. He took one bite but spit it out, saying, "Yuck!"

Take from that story what you will.

My humorous anecdote aside, what does it all mean? People are assuming these chemicals are bad for us but are they? If so, how much is bad? How much do you have to eat and for how long before your brain explodes or you turn into a zombie?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by HrdCorHillbilly
I don't think it's overblown.
Food needs to contain FOOD and nothing more.
All food with chemicals should be BANNED!

If half the planet must die for this to happen...so be it.

You better be prepared to raise your own crops and tasty little vittles then. You won't last long with foods with no chemicals or artificial compounds without raising your own.

Wow.... you'd want 3.4 Billion people to die? Who gets to pick who survives????

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
So what's in the Filet-o-fish?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by salchanra
They put this stuff in fast food to make it taste like real food. Without all of the additives and "natural flavors" no one would eat this stuff. Its all quickly grown, processed I dont know how many times, then frozen and shipped.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ocskywatcher
So what's in the Filet-o-fish?

The -o- stands for Oh sh~~ I hope they don't find out this isn't fish!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
You make it seem like I could shove a McNugget against the funnies and peel off a picture of Snoopy. So McDonald's isn't the healthy choice? Who needs a list of ingredients? I can taste my insides falling apart, dying a violent McDeath everytime I eat it...but hey, it's cheap. I can't really afford a long healthy life so here's to ya, Hamburglar. See ya in hell, baby.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
If you willingly eat that crap..you deserve what you get.

Those mcNuggets are one of the few food items at McDonalds that I like..along with the Big Mac.

I run low on time..hold my breath and order this junk time to time...

I don't understand that I can eat a Dairy-Queen burger and feel fine...other than the heart stopping grease..I usually don't fell bad.

But I eat any McDonalds equivalent and I run out of toilet paper really quick. same unhealthy food...burger, bun, cheese condiments..but one makes me get the 'ol poop shivers and chest pains.

I will finally agree with this theory....

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrathchild
But I eat any McDonalds equivalent and I run out of toilet paper really quick. same unhealthy food...burger, bun, cheese condiments..but one makes me get the 'ol poop shivers and chest pains.

I'm just the opposite. Dairy Queen gives me indigestion so bad I feel like I can't breath.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday Rex

Because they give you pure god-given fat...glorious grease....Mcdonalds has some weird an-natural unhealthiness in their food...not like the natural unhealthiness Dairy Queen has.

eat a big-mac...you burp that crap for two days....it aint right.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
This doesn't surprise me at all, but man, I would really like to know what I am eating all the time. I find myself lately eating less and less because I think about the fact that I have no idea what is in the food I'm eating...I keep getting nauseated before I eat and lose my appetite completely.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join