It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's McNuggets made with 'Silly Putty' chemical

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
reply to post by Bluebelle

Yes, it's weird.

And the reason you don't think it's done you any harm is because you haven't yet developed the colon cancer you'll get at the age of 52 from eating this "food" product developed in a factory not much unlike the foam padding under your carpet was.

Keep thinking short term so you can live in bliss until the day you experience the symptoms of your developing illness.

Or, alternatively, its because it hasnt actually done me any harm.

Now if they did some research and it turned out that it was dangerous to consume this chemical then Id be worried. But its deemed to be safe so I dont see what the issue is. Its almost as if people think that because this chemical is used in silly putty, this means that your chicken nugget is silly putty now too.

And besides, is there anything that doesnt give you cancer these days??

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

Anything that is processed can indeed increase your cancer chances along the line as you age.

Also now is a group of drug medications in the treatment of high blood pressure that has been linked to new cancer cell growth specially lung cancer, still many drugs will increase chances of cancer and other side effects also, still what this means is that our bodies were not mean in anyway to be consuming the large amount of preservatives in processed food we got today, is nothing better than the way nature intended, the fascination of human beings into profiting from created and enhance technology is good when it doesn't have to do with what we put in our bodies.

Has anybody wonder why since the change in manufactured oils, butters and all kind of foods has come around Americans has gotten fatter not slimmer? have higher incidents of high blood pressure and diabetes people think, it doesn't take much to do the math and the thinking

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

I actually agree with that. It's not as if a restaurant is recycling uneaten salsa from customer tables (that actually happened down here in a restaurant and they were shut down) or taking half eaten hamburgers to harvest the meat.

But placing hamburger meat that was never used in chili is fine. My father owned a chain of barbecue restaurants and the way chop beef sandwiches were made is to grind up the brisket trim (this is true for all barbecue restaurants). Even hot wings originally were a creation from the scrap meat that used to get tossed.

So I agree with you- the chili part didn't faze me.

reply to post by marg6043

My son has a mixed diet. About 2/3 is fruits, veggies, whole grains, and meats then about 1/3 (usually lunch) is 'kid food' like macaroni and cheese, hot dogs, chicken fingers, etc. So he does OK with it for the most part and he's so genetically thin that I like him to get some higher calorie intake foods on occasion.

I think the issue is that the nuggets (and McDonald's food as a whole) is simply too processed. It's almost more chemicals and filler than it is food. I started to get nervous that something was wrong when he wouldn't eat dinner or breakfast. After he began throwing up nothing but nuggets, I realized why. His body wasn't processing the junk in order to make way for new food intake.

So I learned my lesson. That is the first and last time he'll be allowed to eat their nuggets and the last time he'll be eating there at all.

The only issue I know he has is a sensitivity to dairy. He can have it but in small servings and not every day.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I'm sure someone has already said this ( i only read the first three pages, but dimethylpolysiloxane appears to be nothing more than an inert polymer. It has no toxic effects so i really don't see the problem. I haven't eaten in a McDonalds for i think at least a decade, i've only ever purchased coffee from them, when i absoluely had no other place to get some. However i won't let some scare story be put out unfairly.

Instead of worrying about a non toxic chemical in their food, worry more about the general dangers of the food itself. High fat, high sugar, high calorie garbage that is designed to make you hungry an hour later while lighting up every reward centre your brain has.

A brilliant formula from a marketting perspective but otherwise pretty damn awful.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
first of all - Mccrap tastes good

but do you ever cook at home? and when you cook is it fresh food or canned stuff?

because why would you worry about chemicals in Mccrap if you eat once a month there

base your food on home-cooked stuff (and by that i don't mean microwave lasagna) and you'll have less allergies, less obesity....
because if you eat fast food everyday, it's healthier to eat dog food then. more nutrition, more vitamins, less fat.

and you would say someone crazy if he ate som Pedigree or Eukanuba

and what's with parents taking children to MCcrap?
feeding them with chicken processed byproducts?
have you ever seen a hot-dog factory?
and what parts are going into that?

my english isn't so good to name that gross parts of pigs and chickens

and you feed the baby with that?

i'm happy that i grown in communism and ate only fresh stuff as a baby and kid.
no capitalist food, healthier people.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Ever see the commercial where they say " Made with 100$ Pure Beef"?

That's not because the meat is 100% pure beef, it's because the name of the company that makes the beef is called 100% Pure Beef.

~Keeper

LOL I loved this one. I did some research on it though and found it to be more urban-legend than truth. (which sucks too as I wanted to update my facebook with this little factoid)

100% Beef (company) Another popular urban legend is that McDonald's gets their beef and related supplies from a company named 100% Beef so they can use the phrase 100% Beef in their advertising. Advocates of this rumor point out the fact that the word Beef is capitalized, suggesting this a trade name. In fact, there is no such company named 100% Beef, and the origin of this rumor is unknown at this time.

SOURCE - McDonald's urban legends - Wikipedia

[edit on 29-6-2010 by TXRabbit]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Did anyone happen to notice there is a illuminati card.
"fastfoodchains"

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

When I was cleaning it up, it was nothing but nuggets. Over 24 hours later and his little body still couldn't process their 'paper and plastic' garbage so he started throwing it up.

This is a very interesting observation.

I control what I eat, I have a natural ability to not eat or eat at will. The result of this has enabled me as a 36 year old to maintain a healthy wieght.

one thing I have noticed and one of the things that led me to detest fast foods was the bloating I suffered if I were to eat a MacDonald or a burger king.

My body would bloat for a couple of days because the food would sit in my gut with my body not knowing what to do with it...

For a long time now, I have only eaten proper cooked food from fresh ingredients. Fruit and veg, Grain, Meats, Dairy. It's amazing what a massive combination of tasteful dishes can be put together with those ingredients.

And for all those that think "yeah but that takes time... and effort" actually the amount of effort you want to put in is up to you, the time can be as much or as little as you want too.

Buy a Jamie Oliver cook book and try it yourself!!

All the best

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Was in dallas about 10 yeats ago after the plane landed my sister took me to mcdonalds. Anyway i wasnt to hungry and. I ended up putting 2 cheeseburgers in a bag and forgot about it for 2 or 3 days. After opening up the bag the burgers looked fine and still smelled like mcdonalds cheeseburgers.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I dont understand why we allow our kids to eat this junk

something It does not surprise me anymore though.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by BigDaveJr
reply to post by FredT

They taste mighty good for having that chemical,I had some for lunch.

but lunch should not read like a periodic table of the elements

[edit on 6/28/10 by FredT]

Hold on just a moment. All butylhydroquinone has in it is Carbon, Hydrogen and Oxygen. It is a 10 Carbon phenol. Guess what "all natural" canola oil has in it. Yup, Carbon, Hydrogen and Oxygen.
If you want to go to a dark corner of the periodic table, eat a bitter almond, which has Carbon and nitrogen, which bonds to make cyanide.
And in keeping with the theme of this website, it is important to remember that the periodic table was invented by a, get this, RUSSIAN (Mendeleev) in 1869, the year that the Wyoming territorial legislature gave women the right to vote. So that proves women's suffrage was a Russian conspiracy causing the Black Friday financial collapse that same year.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cito

course if you don't have a mcD's in your area just dip your silly putty into jar of vaseline petroleum jelly for similar taste...

it's yummy

And it keeps your coat shiny.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
Yeah but it tastes great. People are just jealous because the makers of McDonnalds are so much smarter than them.

I understand antifreeze tastes really good too. Feel free to wash your next meal down with a glass of that sweet liquid. Then, as you convulse and die, you might understand why ingredients can be rather more important than taste.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4nsicphd

Originally posted by Cito

course if you don't have a mcD's in your area just dip your silly putty into jar of vaseline petroleum jelly for similar taste...

it's yummy

And it keeps your coat shiny.

No more hairballs for me!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Dinamo

Being raised in a "communism" nation is not = to eating healthy. "Ism's" aren't lucking out for all the forms of government mean someone is ruling free and soveriegn people and lying through their teeth to do it. People eat healthier without any "isms" over their head at all, including capitalism.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mothershipzeta

Originally posted by zaiger
Yeah but it tastes great. People are just jealous because the makers of McDonnalds are so much smarter than them.

I understand antifreeze tastes really good too. Feel free to wash your next meal down with a glass of that sweet liquid. Then, as you convulse and die, you might understand why ingredients can be rather more important than taste.
Your post would make perfect sense if McNuggets caused people to convulse and die.

McNuggets are not poisonous.

As I stated before, show me a case, other than by choking, where a McNugget has killed someone because they ate it!

BTW: Antifreeze(ethylene glycol type) does not taste that great, JMO.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Very simple reasons for American obesity:

1) These kind of "food" products
2) They drive everywhere

=

fat.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I don't know if I'm the only one that sees this but this thread and the one on HFCS here sound like remakes of "Reefer Madness" targeting food stuff.

As far as the Wendy's chili. Moms all over the world have been using leftovers since forever.

Fillers, thickners and emulsifiers are general names for food stuff isolated from the other stuff in the natural product and usually concentrated to make food do what you like.

Everything is chemicals and unless your into the raw food scene most food is processed. Yes even steaming your veggies is a process. It changes the natural product by applying heat to it. This changes it mechanically (softens) and chemicaly (cramelization of sugars, change in proteins). Just look at what happens to the protein in eggs when you heat it. They go from slimy to rubbery.

One last thing acetic acid is vinegar. Normally it's 5% acetic acid and 95% water. Why spend money moving water around. Evaporate the water until it's 95% acetic acid and 5% water. It is a concentrated acid. I'm sure citric acid, malic acid and just about any acid at 95% is dangerous at that concentration even if it was concentrated from fresh squeezed oranges.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by daskakik]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Well, there goes another reason to eat at McD's. Try Chick Fil-A's nuggets - they are delicious and don't contain nearly the amount of crap that McD's nuggets have.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

I avoid the place at all costs. Even when I was a kid I always ended up with an upset stomach every time my parents got us that garbage.

I avoided buying it for our children when ever possible. The only things I like from there is their french fries, coffee and the apple pies. They all have to be hot.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join