It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's McNuggets made with 'Silly Putty' chemical

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I can really see it happening some day. With all the chemicals they put in food now days it is only a matter of time before it happens. I can see it now. There she is in her kitchen with all the ingredients out on the table. As she mixing the ingredients together in the mixer she adds a bit of this and a bit of that. Then she hits the mixer switch and KBOOM. She blows up have the neighborhood when all she was trying to do was make chocolate chip cookies but thanks to all the chemicals her cookie dough was infact C-4.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Wow Mcdonalds putting something bad in our food, who woulda thought! Beyond the unbelievably greasy burgers, macwrap is the worst with its grease catcher, now the chicken isn't real. I remember my step father telling me that mcdonalds was sued because they said 100% beef, and in fact thier burgers where made out of WORMS. They have lots of protien, but who wants a worm burger? I should look for some info to back up the worms, if i find something I'll report.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by pavelivanov22

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I drove past that Wendy's two days ago thinking of that very incident!!! Too funny.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by BigDaveJr
reply to post by FredT

They taste mighty good for having that chemical,I had some for lunch.

but lunch should not read like a periodic table of the elements

[edit on 6/28/10 by FredT]

It doesn't, your just saying it does, would it not be better to find out what these chemicals are for than reacting to CNN I mean the media would never blow something out of proportion for a headline WOULD THEY

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Actually....

Anything you see in the supermarket that are nuggets, strips, twists are made
from the same crap. All I'll say is, every bit of the chicken is used, nothing is
ever wasted. The chemicals are used to hold it all together and turn it back
into a solid form again.

The stuff you would normally discard eating KFC Drumsticks, is the sort of
stuff that goes into Nuggets + Feet + Intestines etc..., pressed, crumbed and
boxed into a happy friendly colorful looking box.

Mmmmm

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by skeptic_al

u r absolutely wright
how do u know
worked in the factory 2?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by crisko
Polydimethylsiloxane is a big fancy word for bees wax - it's used to hold the meat together as a "nugget"

tert-Butylhydroquinone is a preservative that extends how long food items can be stored before spoilage.

NOoooooooOOOOOOOOO!!! There is no OUTRAGE in your statement.

Please refrain from using common sense when replying, plox!

Now, back to Outrage !

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al
reply to post by FredT

Actually....

from the same crap. All I'll say is, every bit of the chicken is used, nothing is
into a solid form again.

Mmmmm

Not true if it says 100% breast meat thats ok, you can see the difference if you split them open LOOK for 100% breast meat if it says processed or reconstituted meat that can be anything!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Doesn't supprise me in the least, this isn't the worst thing that goes into your favorite fast food meal either. Most burgers are made up of the 'bi products' of meat production, the cuts that used to go for pet food are mushed up, ground down and reformed into burgers. These can be anything from a poorly cut piece of meat, to lips, eyelids, snouts and gristle.

I don't eat meat unless I can see what it is, for instance I know a chicken drumstick is a chicken drumstick, not a reformed piece of slop.

If you don't want to eat these things, along with a miriad of chemicals, fat, sugar & salt, then don't eat fast food.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Reminds me of the time Domino's pizza was said to be made with silicon.
Its okay though since the chicken nuggets taste way better than that pizza.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by icecold7
reply to post by skeptic_al

u r absolutely wright
how do u know
worked in the factory 2?

Haven't worked in one, but have seen some disturbing things on TV and have
seen these under a Microscope. There is nothing in there I would call meat.

Try this quick quick quiz.

Blindfold someone and ask them to tell you what it is.
Tastes like Chicken, No
Feels like Chicken, No
Smells like Chicken, No

Then disect it, does it look like Chicken, No

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Technically humans have basically always used every last part of an animal.

To expect humans not to would be madness.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

reply to post by FredT

Actually....

into a solid form again.

Mmmmm

Not true if it says 100% breast meat thats ok, you can see the difference if you split them open LOOK for 100% breast meat if it says processed or reconstituted meat that can be anything!

Seen one of those boxes. Naturally I was skeptic_al, but tried anyhow.
It's a good play on words, I did actually find a small peice of Breast meat and
that piece was 100%, but the rest of it was stuff I really don't wanna know.
The Nugget could also be made of all the breast offcuts from a thousand
chickens all pressed together to make a Nugget. Would you still call that
Breast meat. If you do still call that breast meat, then at what point does it
stop being breast meat.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Here's a hint:

Go vege for a few days/weeks. After that, the smell and looks of this "food" is so disgusting that you don't even want to touch it with a ten feet pole.

I've been making this creamy vege cheese soup (with low fat cream) for a couple of days now, that, with full wheat bread.. killer. The only "problem" is that it contains very little energy, so you can just scarf it 'till oblivion.

McDonalds my a--, next thing you know the make the "burgers" out of rubber or something. I've also started to boycott Coke and Pepsi (although I love 'em) because of the oppression on their plants in South America.

Screw all these big companies.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
right ive got one thing to say bout this...... i live in the uk and as soon as they changed the mcnuggets to 100% chicken breast they tasted awful, give me back the tertiary butylhydroquinone i love the stuff yum yum yum yummy as soon as they take the msg and artifcial stuff it aint as good so leave em in there... growing up in the 80's i ate loadsa the stuff n im fine.... think people worry too much

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
My son and his parner got McD - plastic in the burger.

Returned and got a refund and got food poisoning.

Well, thanks.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mes_s1a

Yeah, from the looks of it it really did you some good.

___

On topic 'tho, just don't eat this stuff. It's full of who-knows-what. I think it's time for people to ask for better nutrition. Healthier food = better state.

I remember hearing something how they strip the chickens to the bone with a pressure washer and the meat and guts flies to a plate behind them.. don't know if that's true 'tho

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
When they say "made with 100% real beef" they arent lying.

Its what they leave out that makes it so gross. They use 100% grade D beef.

For some perspective most wet dog food is made with grade C meat.

I know this because i worked in a meat processing center that deals with mickey d's.

I cant tell you how they grade it because that wasnt my job. This is just what i was told while working for them

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Hm. Kids ate Silly Puddy all the time when I was growing up. It's non-toxic. You put worse things in your body every day.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Everytime i read something about americans and their food i want to puke. Everything seems so disgusting over there...

Well i don't like Fast Food, i don't like McDonalds, even though i bet the quality of it in germany is a bit higher. The only thing i like is Subway, because the owner of the stores buy all the ingridients by themself. I know someone who owns three stores in munich, he buys all the meat, the vegetables, the cheese and so on fresh from a market, every day. He says "It's more expensive, but i rather make a little less money then sell disgusting #". Sadly, he's one of a few owner who thinks quality is more important than making money.

We had a scandal in Germany with Pizza Hut, where they said that the cheese on the pizza is really only 21% real cheese, the other 79% are cheese analogue. Really disgusting and Pizza Hut still calls it "cheese" even though it is against german law to call analogue cheese just cheese or for example say it is mozzarella.
I'm glad we have some strict food laws in germany, though cheap stuff still gets sold, but you can easily avoid them.

new topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join