It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's McNuggets made with 'Silly Putty' chemical

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I can't believe people are defending toxic foods and McDonald's. Are you serious? I bet you buy $5 coffee from Consumer Whore (Star#'s) and are hooked on Adder all and Botox. Don't let me keep you from Fox news and your pseudo humanitarian movements? I'd like to eat some McD's and puke on your shoes.

WAKE UP! OMG!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
They also don't let their line workers have toilet breaks so you may find some additional 'unexpected' ingredients in there too.

Just take a sniff. MMMM doesn't THAT smell good.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
That is.. Odd. But it still tastes good, so unless it's directly effecting me in some sort of odd way that I should seriously know about, I really don't mind.
As long as I'm not really eating silly putty, of course.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by EsSeeEye
I'm curious how many people did a simple google search after they saw this to actually research a little bit about it before jumping on the Hate McDonalds bandwagon.

Actually I don't hate McDonalds, but I may hate those McNuggets. I actually tried fast food nuggets so long ago I don't even remember if they were McDonald's or not, but whoever's nuggets I ate seemed so unlike real meat, they freaked me out so much I never wanted any more nuggets that weren't whole chunks of meat, which obviously McDonald's aren't. If those were from McDonalds I only had them once and if from a competitor I never had a McNugget and don't want one!

The only food I recall eating from McDonalds was their "big breakfast" which was eggs, hash browns, a biscuit and sausage. I'm sure the fat content was way too high but it didn't seem all that bad for an occasional meal, especially if I was real active and burned off all those calories.

But keep those processed nuggets away from me, yuck!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
All I know is in the past couple of years, my family and I seem to get sick on the occasions we've tried to eat McDonald's or Taco Bell food. That being the case, it's logical to presume that our body is rejecting some junk that's been put in the food. Therefore, we no longer eat at those places.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by mes_s1a
I EAT PLAYDOUGH!! YUM YUM YUM!!
If you really want a treat, make two cookies out of blue playdoh and smear some white (Elmers) paper paste in between them to make a sandwich.

MMMMhhhh! Now that's eatin'!

[edit on 29-6-2010 by butcherguy]

cheers butcher guy ill crack on with that.....lol

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I treat Mcdonalds as a last resort. Not only because the food is unhealthy but because of the whole culture around it.

It makes me sad to see some parents treat Mcdonalds as the perfect venue for a child's birthday. In fact it sickens me that it is treated as a place for an outing for the kids. Luckily in my childhood days such places did not exist; an outing would be a day at the seaside , a walk in a picturesque location or visit to a museum or something.

You cannot even say that is is an alternative for poorer families. It is still cheaper to put your kids on a bus and go on a picnic, eating home-made food. Mcdonalds succeeds simply because of laziness.

I also dislike the way staff are turned into robots.

What surprises me most is that the term 'restaurant' is used to refer to McDonalds. It is not a restaurant as far as I am concerned. I once met someone who said he was a restaurant manager. I imagined a busy candle-lit restaurant with people sipping wine and the manager making sure everything was ok and the atmosphere was right. But when he said it was Mcdonalds, my feelings completly changed.

KFC and B King are no different.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by crowdedskies]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Parts is parts.

and the ones that skitter & squeak have extra fresh protein.
Just hit them with a hammer to stop them moving.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
MacDonalds is highly addictive .
If I go to the mall or something, I never eat in there. It's a pain because it tastes good, that's the problem I know that the food is just like a nuke to your entire organism. I prefer to eat a similar stuff somewhere else.

You should do this.
Ask the manager where do the ingredients come from.

THEY DON'T KNOW.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by _SilentAssassin_]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Though I say I will continue to eat McDonald’s nuggets does not mean that I eat them all the time, it just means if I am hungry, it is the closest place; I will not go out of my way to avoid them, although chicken is not my favorite meat anyway.

Personally I prefer actual restaurants to fast food places usually anyway, not because of food, but because you can sit and relax and be waited on. Makes me feel like a king for about an hour or so depending how long I am there. (Wait on me peasant and bring me my drink, or I will have you sent below to the dungeons, hahahaha)

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluebelle
reply to post by butcherguy

Mechanically separated chicken! My favourite!

Also, where would one be able to purchase 'pork brains in milk gravy'? I tried to click on it in the link you posted and there was nothing there.
I don't know where you find those!

I guess you would have to look in a 'specialty shop'!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I don't know how some people can say McDonalds tastes good. They sell peasant food there, crap that the lazy overweight lower classes eat. I've tasted the stuff before, and it all tastes like salted grease. I guess the underclass, the "small" people, are just use to that slop.
Of course, if they serve a salad there, that might be acceptable, unless their lettuce is also mechanically ground and put back together with silly puddy too.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
The goal of all corporate produced processed food, whether fast food or processsed grocery store food is to provide a service/product that fullfills a need for a profit.

Okay, that's fine in theory.....however, that has lead to huge competition within that industry in the positioning for market share. In order to do that corporatiions will do anything in their marketing, advertising and the contents of their food to both manipulate and addict their customer to their product......

Transportation, storage life, convenience, appearance and taste consistancy are all results of altering the state of a whole food to something that resembles very little what the body is designed to utilize.

It may not compromise the body initially upon consumption (other than not feeling too good after eating too much of it) but over time the body's systems will break down from degrenerative conditions due to the fact that this "foood" while meeting taste requirememnts does not meet the needs of the body to maintain proper health.

and there is no safe level of consumption of these items.........moderation is often the buzz word you hear in eating these items but no one truly knows what moderation is when you start mixing the variety of chemicals from various products.

Fast and/or processed foods do not belong in the diet of any individual interested in maximizing the functionality and health of their body.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
No wonder Anthony Bourdain doesn't like McNuggets.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Shamanistical

the salads at mcdonals have more calories then their big macks
4 as being modified ,prably that 2 dont know about that 4 sure though

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by icecold7

Your'e not a 12th undercover spy are are you? Not sure what your encrypted post means?

Peace!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

McDonald's McNuggets made with 'Silly Putty' chemical

www.sfgate.com

What kid doesn't love McDonald's Chicken McNuggets? The white meat chunks are tasty and perfect for little mouths and hands. And while most parents are aware that McNuggets aren't perfectly healthy, they probably don't know exactly what goes into making them.

CNN has revealed that the fast-food chain makes this popular menu item with the chemical preservative tBHQ, tertiary butylhydroquinone, a petroleum-based product. Mcnuggets also contain dimethylpolysiloxane, "an anti-foaming agent" also used in Silly Putty.

Read more: www.sfgate.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Hey i hate Mcdonalds just as much as the next guy but did you know that they use sodium chloride in almost every food?

These mega corporations are killing our children with all this sodium chloride!

in case you're wondering...

yes! sodium chloride = salt

=)

[edit on 30-6-2010 by demonseed]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by _SilentAssassin_
MacDonalds is highly addictive .
If I go to the mall or something, I never eat in there. It's a pain because it tastes good, that's the problem I know that the food is just like a nuke to your entire organism. I prefer to eat a similar stuff somewhere else.

You should do this.
Ask the manager where do the ingredients come from.

THEY DON'T KNOW.

C'mon being a push over for something does not mean it is addictive. I can sit in a McDonalds and have people eat around me, even if I am hungry but am in the mood for something else, and not cave in to buying something.

Quit laying the blame on McD for your weak will.

Originally posted by Truth Hound
I can't believe people are defending toxic foods and McDonald's. Are you serious? I bet you buy $5 coffee from Consumer Whore (Star#'s) and are hooked on Adder all and Botox. Don't let me keep you from Fox news and your pseudo humanitarian movements? I'd like to eat some McD's and puke on your shoes.

WAKE UP! OMG!

I hardly ever go out to eat. Consider myself a decent cook and still defend McDonalds and other fast food joints because they are just as bad as homecooks that use too much fat, salt and pile on the portions.

Just cause you don't understand the similarity in the chemistry involved in both home cooking and industial food prep doesn't mean fast food is any more franken food than grandmas homemade meals.

Heres a little info on natural occuring chemicals in some vegetables. Even 100% organic.

Vegetable Nicotine in ng/g
Cauliflower 16.8
Eggplant (Aubergine) 100.0
Potatoes 7.1
Green tomatoes 42.8
Ripe tomatoes 4.3
Pureed tomatoes 52.0

1µg of nicotine is the equivalent of sitting in a vaguely smoke filled room for three hours.

The Nicotine Content of Common Vegetables

And from Wikipedia on Nicotine:

40–60 mg (0.5-1.0 mg/kg) can be a lethal dosage for adult humans.[43][44] Nicotine therefore has a high toxicity in comparison to many other alkaloids such as coc aine, which has an LD50 of 95.1 mg/kg

YIKES thats almost 100 times more deadly than coc aine and it's sitting right there in your salad.

EDIT to clear up a pointless point.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by daskakik]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Ethanol can run a car, but people use it to get drunk all the time. Hell they even sell it in 190 proof in many states. You're pretty safe drinking too as long as you don't drink way too much for way too long. It takes a really long time to screw yourself over permanently with alcohol.

I wouldn't be worried about super small amounts of chemicals in the food. People already abuse their bodies to far greater extents with harsher chemicals, and at those extents it still takes many many years before you get cancer (smoking) or diabetes (alcoholics).

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Is thi part of the codex food plan I wonder?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join