It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's McNuggets made with 'Silly Putty' chemical

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Nathan’s French fries are much better, however I will still continue to eat the nuggets at McDonalds because trying to avoid all of the evil food in the world will drive you nuts.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Ever see the commercial where they say " Made with 100$ Pure Beef"?

That's not because the meat is 100% pure beef, it's because the name of the company that makes the beef is called 100% Pure Beef.

~Keeper

McDonalds Urban Legends
Another popular urban legend is that McDonald's gets their beef and related supplies from a company named 100% Beef so they can use the phrase 100% Beef in their advertising. Advocates of this rumor point out the fact that the word Beef is capitalized, suggesting this a trade name. In fact, there is no such company named 100% Beef, and the origin of this rumor is unknown at this time.

Deny ignorance for the win.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
As a child I ate McD's chicken nuggets all the time. It was the only product of theirs I would eat as an entree. When I was 17 and working at Wendy's, it was the first time I had had any other chicken nugget other than from Mc D's. I NEVER went back to eating McD's nuggets. NEVER!! it was readily apparent to me how incredibly fake McD's nuggets were once I compared the two. I'm not saying Wendy's nuggets are exactly cream of the crop but at least it actually SEEMS like I'm eating a real chicken compared to that crap the CALL chicken in McD's "chicken" nuggets.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Silly... so the nuggets are strange... we've known this for YEARS. This is nothing NEW.

If you like McDonalds, and you're feeling good when eating it. Enjoy it.

If you dislike McDonalds, for whatever reason, don't eat it. Hate it.

If you're healthy, and since eating McDonalds feel sick. Stop eating it.

If you're unhealthy, and you're eating McDonalds, you're not helping yourself.

My Point: Give me 1 article where someone has died from a chemical reaction of McDonald's Chicken Nuggets... and don't give me the "chicken head" story because 1. that was their old meat (mixed dark and white), 2. no one died from it. everyone was just grossed out.

McDonald's ingredients will only be important when someone dies from it, or they discover poison in it.... sadly this is America. Land of the Glut...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Hey if you want to get creeped out......

Read the ingredients on a can of.......

Potted Meat Food Product.

Armour* has changed its ingredients a number of times. The best that I can figure out shows the following evolution: version n Beef tripe, beef hearts, chicken, partially defatted cooked pork fatty tissue, water, salt, mustard, vinegar, dried garlic, sodium erythorbate, natural flavoring, sodium nitrite version n+1 Chicken, Beef Tripe, Partially Defatted Cooked Pork Fatty Tissue, Beef Hearts, Partially Defatted Cooked Beef Fatty Tissue, Water, Salt, 2 percent or less: Natural Flavorings, Vinegar, Dextrose, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Nitrite version n+2 Mechanically Separated Chicken, Beef Tripe, Partially Defatted Cooked Beef Fatty Tissue, Beef Hearts, Water, Partially Defatted Cooked Pork Fatty Tissue, Salt. Less than 2 percent: Mustard, Natural Flavorings, Dried Garlic, Dextrose, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Nitrite

Source

I think maybe I could sell that list to bulemics, instead of tickling their throat to vomit, they could just read the list.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

i coulfn't disagree more.
in communism you couldn't buy abything so main source of food was fresh vegetables and naturally grown cows, pigs and chicken.
fresh eggs from natural farms...

nowadays 20 years after we eat mccrap, snickers, nestle, subway, monsanto crap everywhere and you dare to say it isn't connected.

btw how would you know when you live in canada?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Anyone remember Crisco, which replaced lard, fatback and other natural fats which your body needs. Before Crisco heart disease was unknown and cancer was rare. The primary cause of death was infection followed by job related accidents. Crisco was a very versatile product. If you add a binder you get glue. Add phosphate and you get soap. Avoid all processed and fast food. Grow your own chemical free if you can. We are very close to the tipping point back to the days of old when water, food and shelter was a full time job for most people 24-7.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Mechanically separated chicken! My favourite!

Also, where would one be able to purchase 'pork brains in milk gravy'? I tried to click on it in the link you posted and there was nothing there.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by HeavenlyDivine

Water, salt and flour isn't poisonous to the human body.

You are actually dead wrong.

This is why I don't take people seriously anymore with this "health crap" that is being shoved down my throat.

1) Water IS Poisonous

Water intoxication (also known as hyper-hydration or water poisoning) is a potentially fatal disturbance in brain functions that results when the normal balance of electrolytes in the body is pushed outside of safe limits by over-consumption of water

en.wikipedia.org...

2) Salt is Deadly!

Salt toxicity (sodium chloride, NaCl), which is more appropriately called “water deprivation sodium ion toxicosis” can result when excessive quantities of salt are ingested and intake of potable water is limited.

Salt dangers
3) Flour isn't as safe as you assume!

At the recent session in this city of the American Pharmaceutical Association, a scientific paper was read upon the subject of "metallic lead in flour,"

query.nytimes.com...

home.earthlink.net...

What about the Gluten in flour? Safe? Not exactly...
naturalbias.com...
drhyman.com...
denver.yourhub.com...

I guess nothing is safe.

What is the old saying?

Too much of anything will hurt you, always take things in moderation.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by muzzleflash]

[edit on 29-6-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Same here!

I LOVED McDonald's as a child and my mother told me that when I was little, we would pass a McDonald's and I'd start screaming 'Don Dons! Don Dons! DON DONS!!!!'

My grandparents always took me to fine restaurants as a teenager that I absolutely hated. They would stop at McDonald's for me just so I would eat.

Then as my tastes became more refined and I ventured into a larger variety of foods, I began to realize what absolute garbage McDonald's was. I love Wendy's nuggets- they seem like real food to me. McD's nuggets are like some sort of futuristic manufactured food from chemicals. Have you ever noticed there is somewhat of an 'air pocket' between the meat and the batter? It's the weirdest thing.

Anyways, I don't like jumping on the McD's bashing bandwagon but it truly is heinous. I just don't know what else to say about it. It is the worst fast food place, IMO, with the exception of Jack in the Box.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Any parent who eats fast food is a brainwashed consumer with poor judgment and very little common sense!

Allowing children to eat fast food is a crime.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I've never liked them, tho I do love their hot 'n spicy mchicken sandwiches.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shikamaru
McDonald's ingredients will only be important when someone dies from it, or they discover poison in it.... sadly this is America. Land of the Glut...

I disagree. McDonald's has a similar effect on consciousness to sodium fluoride. No one has ever died from that, either. They just get really, really dumb. If you want to be stupid, eat fast food and watch MSM!

Bon Apetite' Bone Heads!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shikamaru

I disagree. McDonald's has a similar effect on consciousness to sodium fluoride. No one has ever died from that, either. They just get really, really dumb. If you want to be stupid, eat fast food and watch MSM!

Bon Apetite' Bone Heads!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Other foods

It's in a lot more than just McNuggets. You've probably been eating it way more than you realize. It's definitely not something to get insane about.

I'm curious how many people did a simple google search after they saw this to actually research a little bit about it before jumping on the Hate McDonalds bandwagon.

Wiki
Scientific Studies for Danger

[edit on 6/29/2010 by EsSeeEye]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
100% meat is a load of crap. Basicaly all this means is the 'meat' contains no cerial, water, flour or other bulking agents.

The '100% meat' you're probably eating in your 100% meat fast food meal is most likely NOT from those big jucy steaks that cost a fortune at the superstore, and more than likely this:

(cow lips)

(a rooster comb)

(I don't think this one needs an explanation)

Basicaly, what I'm getting at is if you want to be SURE you are eating 100% MEAT then it should look like this:

Fast food contains a LOT of another poisonous substance, one we take for granted every time we eat, and that is salt. It is LOADED with the stuff, there's well over an adult's RDA of salt in any one of McDonald's meals, along with sugar. There isn't one thing on their menu that does not contain sugar, even the salads have it in!

Be wise, pay a bit more, be healthier! If you can't afford decent meat, go veggie, there's plenty of options for eating veggie, which can be done at a low cost, with just the basics.

Don't be fooled by fast food, it might tast nice, but really, it's not.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
We actually used a McDonalds McNugget to fix a hole in a blow up pool one time ..... kiddo chewed it up and stuck it to a small leak.... I knew tose #s were good fer something!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Chez along with sugar. There isn't one thing on their menu that does not contain sugar, even the salads have it in!

Again, a statement made with zero research to back it up:

McDonald's Nutrition Facts

Here's a quick list as I scanned:

French Fries
McNuggets (!)
Chicken Selects
Hash Browns
Various sauces and other et ceteras

Those items have no sugar. Quoting documentaries and other information without actually doing any research doesn't help when it comes to trying to convince people to hate something. There's plenty of real reasons for people to dislike mcdonalds without the need to lie about it.

Additional searching gave me this little gem about the salads claim:
Sugary Salad

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Originally posted by FredT

Gross, and how many kids eat this crap? Why exectly is it needed for our food in the first place. Its breaded, deep fried pieces of chicken it should be that simple. Given the turnover most of the eateries have why the need for all this crap :shk:

A few years ago they started advertising "now with white meat" WTF was int hem before

www.sfgate.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I worked at Mcdonalds for 4 years, even almost bought a franchise. Do you know what the cost of a single chicken nugget is to MCD?

0.14 cents.

I'm not even joking.

Big Mac?

0.87 cents, packaging included.

The only reason why this stuff is so cheap is because it's crap product.

Ever see the commercial where they say " Made with 100$ Pure Beef"?

That's not because the meat is 100% pure beef, it's because the name of the company that makes the beef is called 100% Pure Beef.

~Keeper

Another popular urban legend is that McDonald's gets their beef and related supplies from a company named 100% Beef so they can use the phrase 100% Beef in their advertising. Advocates of this rumor point out the fact that the word Beef is capitalized, suggesting this a trade name. In fact, there is no such company named 100% Beef, and the origin of this rumor is unknown at this time.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrathchild
Because they give you pure god-given fat...glorious grease....

That can't be it. I live in the South; my grandparents come from farms. I know what greasy food is. I was bred and raised on that stuff. I have a natural love and tolerance for anything deep-fried and grease-choked. But Dairy Queen kills me.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join