It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's McNuggets made with 'Silly Putty' chemical

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Here is an idea for a new thread!

All of the ingredients in Playdoh are found in bread!

And pancakes!

And noodles!

The dough contains water, salt and flour.

source:

OMG! We are all gonna die!

[edit on 29-6-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
I like doing this with larger groups of people but it is always fun to do when you see people sitting around talking about how bad and evil McDonalds is.
1. Get their attention
2. Ask everyone to raise their hands if they like McDonalds
This is where you will get a lot of people saying how "sick" they got from eating it and how grose the food is on and on...
3. Ask them to raise their hands if they think they can make a better hamburger than a McDonalds hamburger.
This is where you see everyone's hand go up
4. Then inform them that McDonalds is a multi billion dollar company that has makes over 3 billion a year serving 50 million daily.
5. Now ask them who here can form a company that make 1,000 dollars a day selling hamburgers that ______(insert descriptions you got in step 2)
6. Laugh

So popularity equates to quality?

Your logic is incredibly flawed. Don't you think before writing?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
Here is an idea for a new thread!

All of the ingredients in Playdoh are found in bread!

And pancakes!

And noodles!

The dough contains water, salt and flour.

source:

OMG! We are all gonna die!

Water, salt and flour isn't poisonous to the human body.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by HeavenlyDivine

You get the point then.

Many children have eaten chicken McNuggets and NOT died.

Does that make them poisonous in your way of thinking????

Other than choking on them, please show me where there are any direct links between human deaths and chicken McNuggets.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DClairvoyant

No only that my friend but the Chicken imported to feed the fast food consumers coming from Brazil they don't even get inspected by the FDA, in Brazil is not such thing as regulations like in the US the stories are that the live and death chickens are all mixed together and packaged the same.

Sad that our biggest local grower in my neck of the woods is about to go out of business because Wal-mart is building a second store within 10 minutes of the one they have already and in the backyard of that local store.

Me, I am now to start doing two trips a month for 3 1/2 hours to the nearest Earthfare to get my products and meat.

The way our food supplies are treated and mass produced have not spiritual or nutritional value but the one added as preservatives and that will kill you in the end

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
There is something much more gross than chicken nuggets.

Chicken dogs!

People used to buy them thinking that the chicken was healthier than the beef!

The bulk of a chicken dog is chicken bones. Add some filler and additives to get it to stick together when they cook them in their artificially colored edible casings, voila'! A food product concocted out of things you wouldn't think of eating, yet your finicky children will gobble them down!

Are chicken dogs poisonous? NO!

Are they nutritious? YES!

Are they wholesome? NO!

Do many consumers seem to care at all? NO!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

My friend, the food we eat that is manufactured unless you are very sensitive to additives and the poison the put in it, you will not die.

What you will get is a life long of debilitating diseases and side effects that will affect you and specially your children, but don't worry big pharma will have you pump on drugs to make your life and those of your children more bearable.

Food no only feed the body but also nourish the soul but only when is food that have nutritional value no chemically enhanced.

Is common sense.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

My friend, the food we eat that is manufactured unless you are very sensitive to additives and the poison the put in it, you will not die.

What you will get is a life long of debilitating diseases and side effects that will affect you and specially your children, but don't worry big pharma will have you pump on drugs to make your life and those of your children more bearable.

Food no only feed the body but also nourish the soul but only when is food that have nutritional value no chemically enhanced.

Is common sense.

You are my friend, and you are correct in what you have stated in your post that I have quoted.

Prepared foods are just about as unwholesome as food can get today.

I will stop short of calling them poisonous, though.

I do think people are under enough control that there is very little that they can do to get unadulterated foods at a price that most can afford.

I believe that it would take a COMPLETE overhaul of our socio/politico/economic system to make even a small change there, one that would require spilling of the blood of patriots.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I EAT PLAYDOUGH!! YUM YUM YUM!!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

hahaha!

People forget that chemicals are not limited to only one means of application. I don't see why this is so surprising... Nearly everything contains a chem that serves another purpose on a totally different spectrum.

ex. The active desensitizing agent in Sensodyne toothpaste is Potassium Nitrate, which is used to make smoke bombs and fertilizer.

And TBHQ isn't a petroleum-based product or distillate. It is more closely related to alcohol (phenol group specifically) than anything.

I notice tons of chems serving multiple purposes often get all this hype "OH MY GOD MY CHILDREN ARE EATING GAS" is the general response from this article, I'm sure.

People with no grasp of at least basic college-level chemistry are usually the ones to write these types of articles and cause people to go in a frenzy over nothing.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by XtheMasque]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Actually changing the system will be impossible, as we know during the Bush administration laws where passed without much attention to protect our Food industry and those global.

See the goal is to feed the populations with manufactured and enhanced food that one day will only resemble the original foods that they will be usurping, for profit making.

Littler by littler laws are been passed to control the food supplies and to target natural foods, vitamins and remedies.

The food industry wants completely control.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mes_s1a
I EAT PLAYDOUGH!! YUM YUM YUM!!
If you really want a treat, make two cookies out of blue playdoh and smear some white (Elmers) paper paste in between them to make a sandwich.

MMMMhhhh! Now that's eatin'!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
A few years ago they started advertising "now with white meat" WTF was int hem before

Thank you for this, you made me laugh, not at you but at the incredible implications!!

I recently saw an ad on a billboard for Mcd's breakfast. It was a massive Sausage egg Mcmuffin...

With the words... EARLY GOAL!!

I thought... Yeah its Mcd's goal to put you in your grave EARLY!!

Never eat Processed foods people.... It was not designed to be good for your body and your body is not designed to live long on this crap!!

Korg.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by crisko

tert-Butylhydroquinone is a preservative that extends how long food items can be stored before spoilage.

Well this crap has some effect on tissue. Whats it doing to our insides...oh the poor liver!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Have you wonder what is in the soft "imitation butter spread" that people love, lately been advertised with "olive oil".

Is one ingredient short of plastic.

I will never trade my hard real butter for any of that soft crap.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I find McDonald's utterly repulsive- it feels like eating a combination of plastics and paper. I only let my son eat there about once a year.

A couple weeks ago my husband sent me to McDonald's to pick up some nuggets for his workers around lunch time. My son wanted some so I let him have a few. He didn't want dinner that night or breakfast the next day. The next afternoon my son started throwing up everywhere.

When I was cleaning it up, it was nothing but nuggets. Over 24 hours later and his little body still couldn't process their 'paper and plastic' garbage so he started throwing it up.

It's hardly real food and that is precisely why I don't like him eating there.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

You know that means right? either you are feeding your soon a clean diet and the introduction of a processed food cause sensitivity or you son actually is very sensitive to processed food.

Just keep a eye on what he eats.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
A true thing...

My then just-a-year-old son had been taking a nap when I smelled something terrible. I thought one of my (now-ex)wife's cats had taken a dump somewhere in the house but I couldn't find it for my damnedest. The only place I didn't check was the baby's room, since he was sleeping. After a while, I could hear the baby babbling to himself but didn't get him up right away; he was often content to just look out the window from his crib. When it was time to feed him, I was almost overwhelmed by the smell of feces the moment I opened the door. The baby had removed his diaper and was playing with it. Smeared on the walls, coated on the bars of the crib, caked on his hands and feet. And it was clear he had tried to eat it. He looked at me, proud as could be, and said, "Daddy!" for the first time.

The next day we went to McDonald's. I handed him a nugget. He took one bite but spit it out, saying, "Yuck!"

Take from that story what you will.

My humorous anecdote aside, what does it all mean? People are assuming these chemicals are bad for us but are they? If so, how much is bad? How much do you have to eat and for how long before your brain explodes or you turn into a zombie?

The thing is these chemicals are safe ... in the short run. People who do realize how many chemicals go into the food and eat there every day are setting themselves up for the long run effects. Heck, if you eat at fast food restaurants for the majority of your meals your screwed long run. When I say long run I mean you aren't spared from the long run effects of eating certain chemicals ( cancer for instance). It is not a sin to eat fast food once every few weeks because the chemicals do not accumulate in the body.

what is a sin however in addition to these chemicals how much sodium they dump on their food. Salt acts as a preservative and a flavoring agent and lets not get into the toll your heart takes when your on a high sodium diet. (once again a high sodium diet for 1 day every few weeks is ok. It is the people who do this daily who suffer long run).

[edit on 29-6-2010 by fordrew]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

I agree. The civilized world is spoiled (its not just The U.S.A., mind you, that throws away food)

But American citizens also donate a LOT of food to starving countries. Im sure other countries donate as well...but what do you want us to do? Wrap up our Big Mac leftovers and have them UPS'd to Ethiopia?

Then we'd have OTHER zealots who complain about the Jet emission increase from flying all those leftover half eaten Big Mac's to the other countries so THEY could enjoy it.

I don't wish death upon those people, like another user in this thread

But I'm also not going to deprive myself of the food i want just because they're hungry, or because you tell me it's bad for me.

You can eat right, and work out every day of your life. You will still die.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

Wrap up our Big Mac leftovers and have them UPS'd to Ethiopia?

But I'm also not going to deprive myself of the food i want just because they're hungry, or because you tell me it's bad for me.

I think there was a thread where some person let their McDonalds sit on their counter and they recorded it for like a year. If I recall, the burger looked similar to what it did a year ago and the fries looked a little bit discolored but were somewhat intact. I am not sure if it was a hoax or not. But the point I am trying to make is that you probably could wrap up your Big Mac and send it to Ethiopia.

Many people think like this and I am not saying that it is bad to think like this, but many people are short sighted. They just sit on their butts daily eating their big macs saying "this stuff can't hurt me I have been eating it every day won't hurt me so it can't be bad for me" but they do not see the long term effects of eating their meals daily. It is just short sightedness. Like I said in my previous post it is OK to eat these foods sparingly, perhaps once a week or once every few weeks and during traveling occasions where you are in an unfamiliar area.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join