It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's McNuggets made with 'Silly Putty' chemical

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Yeah. I never go to MacDonalds now. I asked the managers once we're does the meat come from, and they didn't knew..

[edit on 29-6-2010 by _SilentAssassin_]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Here ya go - as for the breading, I have no idea - that must be where the putty is stored.

Chicken McNugget Ingredients
Have you ever wondered what ingredients are in the McDonald's Chicken McNugget? MSN recently profiled the popular selection and discovered seven primary ingredients and numerous ingredients that comprise the main ingredients. Ingredients include chicken, water, dextrose, sodium phosphates, wheat starch, safflower oil and autolyzed yeast extract. Twenty more ingredients are found in the breading that coats each McNugget.health.msn.com...>1=310364

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Originally posted by FredT

I worked at Mcdonalds for 4 years, even almost bought a franchise. Do you know what the cost of a single chicken nugget is to MCD?

0.14 cents.

I'm not even joking.

Big Mac?

0.87 cents, packaging included.

The only reason why this stuff is so cheap is because it's crap product.

Ever see the commercial where they say " Made with 100$ Pure Beef"?

That's not because the meat is 100% pure beef, it's because the name of the company that makes the beef is called 100% Pure Beef.

~Keeper

Are you serious about this

So What is the meat consist of from this company

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by HrdCorHillbilly
I don't think it's overblown.
Food needs to contain FOOD and nothing more.
All food with chemicals should be BANNED!

If half the planet must die for this to happen...so be it.

Yes, that's rational. Kill half the planet in the name of health.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ceriddwen

Thank god that food isn't wasted. We all eat left overs, or so we should. I object far more to it just being thrown out then eating a chili from left over burger meat. The meat is perfectly good so why not eat it? We are too spoiled, really.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Silly putty is non-toxic.

There are tons of materials/chemicals that are used in both food and non-food items. It doesn't make the non-food items food and it doesn't make the food items non-food items.

Just because ester gum is in my sunkist orange soda, and it is also used in insecticides and fungicides doesn't mean my soda is going to make me sick.

Likewise, just because certain edible herbs are potent insect repellents doesn't mean they are going to kill you. Salt is used in metal production, but that doesn't mean it's going to kill you.

There are many chemicals that can be safety used in both solvents and foods, explosives and makeup, sex toys and aircraft.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Those things are just vile.

I recently discovered the Good Times chicken fingers. Now THOSE are wicked good. Although I never quite realized chickens had fingers. But light batter, real recognizable chicken inside.. just great.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Protostellar

Then that will be the end of us.
My family won't be though.

We can survive & produce food on our own, if the situation arises.

I didn't know all pork products are irradiated. WOW!

The sheeple really need to wake up.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
"Better Things for Better Living...Through Chemistry." Hmmmmm, now that sounds familiar, perhaps I've heard variations of it, like Better Living Through Chemistry, for the plastics industry. Oh, yeah, the original phrase was used by DuPont in 1935, lots of time to spread the good news.

I think that the problem arises with indiscriminate use of chemicals along with the use of chemicals to create look-alike food and other products. My parent's generation was wooed by chemical technology; women could have nylon stockings, then polyester (wearable crude oil) pants(!). That generation was never concerned about tradeoffs. As long as their lawns in their postWW2 houses were sprayed for weeds and ants(!) were poisoned, they were oblivious to any ill effects of chemicals, or the fact that more oil was needed to create products/chemicals.

Maybe the GOM oil leak will finally make people ask, do we really want that oil based plastic water bottle or oil based chemical used so indiscriminately? Much of what consumers (citizens) are told to use are told by those who stand to make a profit. Our "way of life" has been determined, not by a govt, but by a corporation.

When my parents took us to the original Socal McDonalds, they were of the generation that trusted the corporation had them in their best interest, as if corporations, like doctors, took an oath to "avoid harming them". They were naive about the wonders of chemicals. What is our excuse?

At least the Japanese don't eat their plastic food items.

edit to counter effects of typing too fast

[edit on 28-6-2010 by desert]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
hang on hang on.. wait just one dam minute here.

are you trying to tell me that a multi billion dollar company that provides lets say 30% of the worlds fast food is doing so to make a profit and NOT to feed the human race?

im shocked. are you saying they might KNOWINGLY use substandard produce and even resort to using artificial ingredients to maximize profit?

thats insane and i dont believe it. and here is why i dont. the government would never allow a multibillion dollar company that pays millions in taxes to them to do this to the people. the government is here to protect us by providing police officers to make sure we dont speed and new water taxes and soon green taxes. they only want whats good for us and money is never their ultimate goal. so i cant see how any of this could be possible. if this is true it would mean that big corporations only care about money and not the people they are serving it would mean that governments are in bed with these corporations and are actively screwing the people for profit. it would mean we are being lied to and fed unhealthy dangerous food for more profit.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

You can purchase a small vegetable wooden container that can be grown inside your own home. A bit like my families it's 2 feet by 1 feet wide and 1 feet in depth. We have basil, mint, spring onions and corriander and sweetcorn growing in two seperate wooden boxes/container's.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
hang on hang on.. wait just one dam minute here.

are you trying to tell me that a multi billion dollar company that provides lets say 30% of the worlds fast food is doing so to make a profit and NOT to feed the human race?

im shocked. are you saying they might KNOWINGLY use substandard produce and even resort to using artificial ingredients to maximize profit?

thats insane and i dont believe it. and here is why i dont. the government would never allow a multibillion dollar company that pays millions in taxes to them to do this to the people. the government is here to protect us by providing police officers to make sure we dont speed and new water taxes and soon green taxes. they only want whats good for us and money is never their ultimate goal. so i cant see how any of this could be possible. if this is true it would mean that big corporations only care about money and not the people they are serving it would mean that governments are in bed with these corporations and are actively screwing the people for profit. it would mean we are being lied to and fed unhealthy dangerous food for more profit.

Oh really,

Well read my thread and you'll see the evidence that Coporate law's just don't justify what they should for the people and that the people really do not have any rights at all to what we consume in their products.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RestingInPieces

I agree...I'm not saying McDonalds food is healthy or anything...but these types of stories are just to scare people and are just as bad as articles saying they are 100% safe.

Hey...you mix flour and water and you get glue....add in some sugar and you have cake.

It's all in the wording.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Few will hear about this news if this is as far as it gets. Someone should write this info down on large pieces of neon colored poster board, tape it to the inside of their vehicle windows, tape a few to the outside of their car too, while parked in a McDonalds parking lot, near the front door. Then go inside as a regular customer, with a friend, and while waiting in line talk to your friend in a loud enough voice to be overhead commenting about this, while all the mommies and daddies that would be there feeding their poor kids this junk can hear you. That's how to get up in their face about this crap, in McDonalds face, and in the face of those that would stuff this junk food into their kids. Man, there are so many lardo kids waddling around these days, it's pitiful. These junk food corporations and parents that would let their kids eat this stuff should be shamed.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I don't see how this is surprising. Even funnier is their ad campaign here in Norway where they try to tell us that the meat comes from local farmers.
Yeah right!

I quit eating fast food a looong time ago while still living in the U.S.

It's just the way pretty much all fast food places operate. They want to max their profits, how do they do that? By selling the cheapest stuff they can. I'm surprised the FDA allows this stuff to go through... Wait, no I'm not.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Agree wholeheartedly...

All the same, I think it'd be funny as hell to get six McNuggets. strip the skin, mash 'em all up and see if we could mold a stent.

Y'know, since McDonald's is down with arts & crafts...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Worrying about this is like worrying about the salt content of Aspartame enriched drinks.

There's plenty of worse things in their food. Don't focus on the little, Stop the big problems, then move on.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Gross, and how many kids eat this crap? Why exectly is it needed for our food in the first place. Its breaded, deep fried pieces of chicken it should be that simple. Given the turnover most of the eateries have why the need for all this crap :shk:

A few years ago they started advertising "now with white meat" WTF was int hem before

www.sfgate.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Other than a grilled whole/half chicken breast, most chicken white meat is small pieces literally glued together to be a particular size and shape.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by azrael36

no matter what ya say, they're still pretty tasty!

ya, tasty if you are one of the toxic twins.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join