It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's McNuggets made with 'Silly Putty' chemical

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

All in All,I prefer Sonic! Only place where You can get cheeseburgers at 7 am.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

you'll stop to buy?:-) you must eat today, & no wait till food will be better; more ecological food is expensive, & a person might not have money to get it.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DClairvoyant

sorry for the misunderstanding but i was being sarcastic. if you re read my post you will see i was drawing obviously flawed conclusions to draw more attention to the fact that mega corporations and politicians dont care about you. they only care about your dollars. profit is what gets them paid. Its not like they have an Annual ball and all the ceo's get awards for how many lives they enriched by selling healthy and nutritious food. WRONG!!! they get paid based on how much profit they made the company. so you think they spend years at uni studying law, economics, business and whatever else they need to manipulate the stupid masses in buying their crap only to be a CEO and say you know what im going to make sure we DONT MAKE MONEY but at least people are eating healty?

you are what you eat. simple as that dont eat garbage and cry that your sick, fat, tired or depressed.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon
COMPLETE TRASH!!

Whew - glad I only eat Burger King ..

Clever cookie.

i hear if you only take half a bite you only get half the fat. let me know if that works..

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

I agree completely. It is rather hypocritical to say one thing and do another.

Which is why I have gone into withdrawals.

Trying to be responsible by buying from small time soap makers which use natural ingredients. No more fast food. Buy as much as I can locally food wise and stay away from processed foods as much as possible. Buy meat from local butchers at the markets etc.

I guess we all have to make an effort to walk the talk so to speak. Act consistently responsible in all of our choices as much as we can. Be the change don't let others change things for you.

In the end it is an individual choice made by everyone. Following what one knows to be true or following the senses.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

*ate a chicken sandwich from Wendys earlier* *throws up*

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by super genius
id rather eat silly putty than have to eat a corpse.
meat is murder fools.

Actually it is part of your natural diet if you are Human. Are you Human?

If you are Human, do you also protest against Lions eating meat? What about Polar Bears, they are pure Carnivores? If it is wrong for us to eat our natural diet, why is it right for them? There is no difference. We are animals also, who have at least the right to eat the foods we evolved to eat. Even Bonobo's prefer meat to other foods.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by super genius

Wow another pushy Vegetarian. P.E.T.A People Eating Tasty Animals.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

The 100% Pure Beef Co. is an urban legend.
See Link below

www.snopes.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdills1196
reply to post by FredT

*ate a chicken sandwich from Wendys earlier* *throws up*

Typically chicken on that burger is a slice from a breast or something.

The chicken in nuggets appears to be ground up (blended).

Big difference there. Ground chicken does not stay clumped up so well.

A slice of chicken breast needs no additives to stay clumped as it's muscle structure prevents this.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
And people complain when regulations are tightened for fast food restaurants. This is why regulations should be even tighter.

You mean regulate it so they will replace it with something maybe even more harmful?
The same thing happens in the drug industry, you ban pot and people start snuffing paint. McDonald's is going to seek out the cheapest means to keep their meat preserved no matter how you regulate...and there is no proof that this chemical causes any harm. Saying it's used in silly putty is a good headline grabber...but it doesn't mean much.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/59a95eaa4989.jpg[/atsimg]

mmmmmm.......Silly Putty......

First line.

Into Matt Groening much?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I find this information a little over- sensationalized.

I mean you could say " animal fat ------ also used in soap "

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Is it weird that I dont feel bothered in the slightest by this revelation?

Either way though, I think I ate a fair amount of that stuff when I was little and it certainly didnt do me any harm! And besides, no one likes a foamy chicken nugget do they. :shk:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
but lunch should not read like a periodic table of the elements

That has to be the all time best single sentence ever written on ATS and I've been here a long time.

I can hardly believe they use petroleum based products. The silly putty is bad enough but the ladder is insane.

I no longer wonder anymore whats wrong with most Americans.

We are poisoned and made emotionally and mentally retarded from our food. This is just a small example too of all the crap we eat.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
Yeah but it tastes great. People are just jealous because the makers of McDonnalds are so much smarter than them.

If I made poop taste great would you eat it to? Im sure I can sweetin it up for you. Thats the problem! Everyone is controled by their appetite! This is were man first failed, by their apetite in the Garden of eden.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Alchemst7]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

Yes, it's weird.

And the reason you don't think it's done you any harm is because you haven't yet developed the colon cancer you'll get at the age of 52 from eating this "food" product developed in a factory not much unlike the foam padding under your carpet was.

Keep thinking short term so you can live in bliss until the day you experience the symptoms of your developing illness.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavelivanov22
yeah i would rather make some soup and know there is no silly pudding in there

or a finger in my chili

There may be BPA in your soup and soda thou.

Bisphenol A - likely a killer

BPA - cancer, diabetes, and other diseases

Add corn syrup to the list with fluoride.

It is truly amazing the amount of things that are not safe.

Also don't forget GMO foods kill rats and damage their organs.

And also do not forget mercury in most corn syrup.

Seems almost intentional the level of crap in everything.

Hmmmmmm.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
definitely glad I eat at burger king and whataburger. People at work however eat at mcdonald's once in awhile. They had some left over mcnuggets and tried some cold. It sure did taste funny like putty come to think of it....

[edit on 28-6-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

Originally posted by FredT

but lunch should not read like a periodic table of the elements

what are you suggesting? that we should take out all elements from the periodic table out of what we consume?

did TPTB (the powers that bird) pass off on this?

disturbing article. i have eaten a nugget or two in my life.
now i feel dirty inside.

edited to add: nice avatar

End Transmission,
ET

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

It would appear that both of you are succumbing to a bit of hysteria. The periodic table is a list of all the known elements in our world. EVERYTHING you see, touch, smell, taste, etc. is made up of these elements combined in various ways. The animal itself is made up of Carbon, Hydrogen, Oxygen, different acids and proteins.

Also, one guy was talking about Acetic Acid, and how it is could be eating your guts.... Acetic Acid is Vinegar.... Salad Dressing, Ketchup, and Mustard would be worthless indeed without it.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join