It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
And people complain when regulations are tightened for fast food restaurants. This is why regulations should be even tighter.
The white meat chunks are tasty and perfect for little mouths and hands
* is called "hydroxyl acid", the substance is the major component of acid rain.
* contributes to the "greenhouse effect".
* may cause severe burns.
* is fatal if inhaled.
* contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.
* accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.
* may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.
* has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.
Despite the danger, dihydrogen monoxide is often used:
* as an industrial solvent and coolant.
* in nuclear power plants.
* in the production of Styrofoam.
* as a fire retardant.
* in many forms of cruel animal research.
* in the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.
* as an additive in certain "junk-foods" and other food products.
Originally posted by NoHierarchy
This is what you get in an industrialized, assembly-line culture. Until we end that kind of corporate Communism and un-chained Capitalism that is the world we'll continue to live and reproduce in.
Originally posted by FredT
but lunch should not read like a periodic table of the elements
[edit on 6/28/10 by FredT]
Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by RestingInPieces
I agree...I'm not saying McDonalds food is healthy or anything...but these types of stories are just to scare people and are just as bad as articles saying they are 100% safe.
Hey...you mix flour and water and you get glue....add in some sugar and you have cake.
It's all in the wording.
Originally posted by fordrew
I wonder if Quizno's bread is also tainted with chemicals.