It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious light with spiral tail seen in Aussie sky

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I too find it strange that all of the sudden rockets that go "wrong" start doing the spiraling thing.

Why havent rockets done this before? why all of the sudden spiraling moves?

Not buying the rocket theory either, this phenomenon is whether natural, or artificial, but not by a rocket.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by gambon
reply to post by LightningStrom

but noone reported verballyspiral ufo,s or described the spiral effects of the rocket launch they saw , verbally either.....

Let me quote Will rogers:

"It ain't what you don't know what makes you look like a fool, it's what you DO know what ain't so."

You are equating "things that I know" with "all things that are true", and egotistically proclaiming that if you don't know something, it can't be true.

Learn better.

Let this be the metaphorical face slap that turns on your intelligence.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
These comments are the reason that such "artificial pseudo-UFOs" really ARE worthy of closer study by serious ufologists -- they provide unbiased calibration of the reliability of descriptions by eyewitnesses of unusual sky apparitions. If you know what the original stimulus actually WAS (and the connection with the Falcon-9 is no longer a 'possibility', it now seems a certainty based on timing and local illumination and a catalog of similar precursors), then you know what the visual stimulus would have been -- and you compare with what observers SAID they REMEMBER seeing, and -- voila! -- you see the mismatches that are characteristic of eyewitness perception of lights in the sky. It is a humbling and cautionary exercise, which may be why I see so few UFO buffs eager to perform it.

Originally posted by heffo7

Originally posted by benoni
Ocker..

thanks for the map...which shows it flying over Australia...not the ocean...over populated areas like Sydney....wether in "the atmosphere" or not !!

And no...It didnt look over the ocean when I saw it....

it also appeared stationary before then travelling east....would a rocket stop mid- orbit ???

Can a rocket stop mid- orbit??

You see, its little things like this that prevent me from accepting the MSM tale...you have chosen too...good for you!!

Exactly!! And here are two other eye witness testimonies that say in part:

"It was like a yellowish, greenish light with a light spiral around it," he said.

"It sort of moved around, bobbed up and down and then it went behind a cloud.

"I'm just amazed. I want to know what it was."

AND

Peter, from Balmoral, says he saw the light while he was on a ferry terminal on the Brisbane River.

"It certainly had that lollipop-type swirl ... but it was travelling low and fairly fast, and as it went past me and I looked up, it looked like a row of lights, maybe four lights," he said

Source: au.news.yahoo.com...

If 1 person sees red and another sees green and they have a talk about it, the walk away seeing orange.

People want to believe. Anything to help them forget about the problems in life

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dynamitrios
I too find it strange that all of the sudden rockets that go "wrong" start doing the spiraling thing.

Why havent rockets done this before? why all of the sudden spiraling moves?

Not buying the rocket theory either, this phenomenon is whether natural, or artificial, but not by a rocket.

Dynamitrios.....

It's been happening for years.

As per my earlier post, here is link to a spiral event in China in 1980.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHRLZ
PPS - hmmmm... but then again.. no reports from Africa?

The cloud was sunlit. At orbital altitudes, this only is possible within an hour of observer sunrise (or sunset). And by now it's gone -- although the stage itself is still in orbit and will be visible to ground observers around the world.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

PPS - hmmmm... but then again.. no reports from Africa?

The cloud was sunlit. At orbital altitudes, this only is possible within an hour of observer sunrise (or sunset). And by now it's gone -- although the stage itself is still in orbit and will be visible to ground observers around the world.

Yes, I shouldn't post before thinking...! Indeed, I did actually correct my own misconception here...

And may I correct you on a minor detail (that won't happen often.. so I better enjoy it..)

At orbital altitudes, this only is possible within an hour of observer sunrise (or sunset).

The length of that period depends on your latitude. The closer to the poles, the longer that period during which satellites remain visible before dawn/ after sunset. I can state this from firsthand experience - I've just moved about 20 degrees closer to the equator and now I'm finding it quite frustrating - the time I get to satellite watch is notably reduced!

(Which makes my comment about Africa even dumber... Ah well..)

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Very rarely do I reply without reading the entire thread but I haven't had time to do so .....so please excuse if this was mentioned.

Checking IRIS it seems that on June 5th at 5:46 there was a 4.7 quake that registered near South Coast would/could this be connected in anyway.

Sorry for my ignorance.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Could this be also seen as that of the revelations?
The third Angel blew his trumpet.
A large star, burning "like" a torch,dropped from the sky and fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water.
(The name of the start is "Bitterness")
A third of the water turned bitter, and many people died from drinking the water, because it had turned bitter.

Coincidence?
Just for the record,
The second trumpet, Then the second angel blew his trumpet.
Something that "looked like" a huge mountain on fire was "thrown" into the sea. A third of the sea was turned into blood, a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.
Oil Rig perhaps?
The first trumpet i would say was the iceland volcano.

So as for this i would say its beyond coincidence? Guess we will have to see what happens next.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
The pictures of the orbital track that people keep posting in this thread are a fiction. They are invented, made up, unofficial - so do not believe it is real until it is confirmed. The company has not released that information to the public.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

And may I correct you on a minor detail (that won't happen often.. so I better enjoy it..)

At orbital altitudes, this only is possible within an hour of observer sunrise (or sunset).

The length of that period depends on your latitude. The closer to the poles, the longer that period during which satellites remain visible before dawn/ after sunset. I can state this from firsthand experience - I've just moved about 20 degrees closer to the equator and now I'm finding it quite frustrating - the time I get to satellite watch is notably reduced!

(Which makes my comment about Africa even dumber... Ah well..)

Thank you! Your correction is absolutely correct and I stand (or sit) corrected. You are clearly a homo sapiens of real world experience. You are needed, here and everywhere.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by tabris
The pictures of the orbital track that people keep posting in this thread are a fiction. They are invented, made up, unofficial - so do not believe it is real until it is confirmed. The company has not released that information to the public.

Yes, they have. Please do a little research before posting. They are even on Wiki already...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Some of my published stories:

July 2002, 'Astronomy' magazine: Venting satellites make "UFOs"
www.jamesoberg.com...

Jan 2010: Chinese anti-missile test sparked UFO reports:
www.msnbc.msn.com...

FATE magazine (1983):
Russian rocket fuel venting causes S. American UFO Flaps
www.debunker.com...

October 1982, MUFON UFO Journal:
Soviet space weapons tests ignite UFO panics
www.debunker.com...

Sep 1984 Soviet UFO: A submarine-launched missile test:
www.jamesoberg.com...

'Space.com" -- Chinese UFOs as missiles:
www.space.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I feel as if all conspiracies are slowly melting into one and hpefully understanding will come soon.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Thank you all for the interesting opinions on the subject. But "If" it was really some type of UFO/Alien Spacecraft, do you think that they would come out and say so on the evening news? Surely not..

Im not saying it was. This time my gutt feeling tells me it probably has something to do with the rocket. imo

Greets,

Hesse

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
reply to post by Pipebomb24875

Is it just me, or does anyone else see the similarity here?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/07677e8cd377.jpg[/atsimg]

lmao - serious right?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Hahahhaha

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Owhhhh Look another russian rocket

Its getting intresting now

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR

It's not a Russian rocket. It's the American Falcon 9. And, no, it's not particularly interesting.

We've had a handful of these spirals now, and all have been easily explained. Hopefully, we can now file them as 'identified phenomena' and move on to more interesting things.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR

It's not a Russian rocket. It's the American Falcon 9. And, no, it's not particularly interesting.

We've had a handful of these spirals now, and all have been easily explained. Hopefully, we can now file them as 'identified phenomena' and move on to more interesting things.

Do you have PROOF it's Falcon 9?

And I thought that Falcon 9 was launched from Cape Canaveral?

I'm beginning to become genuinely interested in these Sky Spirals. They're extremely unsusual phenomena. What interests me about this one is the report that it changed shape into an elongated shape near it's end. This fits with some other reports about the 'behaviour' of these spirals.

Personally, I'm thinking this is some form 'gravitic-defiance' technology that spools up, and then lets rip. I couldn't tell you what could produce said technology or hover there for the spool-up.

Parallex.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
reply to post by Chadwickus

I think it was attacked by an alien Giant wasp just before lift off causing it to spiral over Australia.

hahaha spilt my tea on the keyboard .hahaha

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join