It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious light with spiral tail seen in Aussie sky

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by jpvskyfreak

If they knew about this rocket then why didn't they say "Hey guys at about 5am if you're up you might see a nice show in the sky"

Normally the agencies will give you a heads up when something cool is going to happen

Fair question.do u have any proof of what u are claimig if so please provide it

1. It wasn't an 'agency', it was a private corporation with a very small staff, that mostly concentrates on building CHEAPER rockets, not advising the public on possible visual aftereffects.

2. The intended orbit was announced, so anybody interested in possible visual consequences could have computed it themselves.

3. Most important, the launch was delayed for hours, first by weather and a radio transmitter issue, then by ships transgressing into the keep-out zone off the coast. If it had gone as originally scheduled, it would have been hours before sunrise on East Oz and nothing would have been visible. Nobody was responsible for making real-time adjusted calculations of sunrise in Australia -- what do you think they are, a bloated government bureaucracy with idle staffers, or something?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Originally posted by nyloncylon
If you saw it from behind and heading east the videos would have shown a counterclockwise spiral.

Obviously people didn't see it "from behind" as they saw it over the sea. They were in front of the object, so it's correct that it was spinning clockwise.

The rocket was moving from west to east, making a sighting over the eastern coast water a view of the rocket moving away.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by Project_Exo]

[edit on 6-6-2010 by Project_Exo]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
ATS Team:

I am reading post after post claiming the rocket / missile launch spiral phenomenon is something new.

I think it might be useful to place some context around the rocket / missile launch spiral phenomenon insofar that.....

.....it is not something new & it has been going on for years.

Please have a look at this opening post from the recent thread by Univac500.

A rocket / missile launch spiral photographed on the 27th August 1988 is clearly evident here:

Old Chinese UFO Magazine & “that” spiral.

Originally posted by univac500 on the 5th April 2010:

Recently, as I was strolling through one of Beijing's gigantic flea markets, I happened upon these old U.F.O. magazines.

"Searching For Flying Saucers"

This magazine was published in the city of Lanzhou in the province of Gansu. The prices of the magazines we see here range from 0.30 Yuan (July 1983) to 1.20 Yuan (March 1991).

In China, back in 1983, if you didn't want to spend your 0.30 Yuan on a U.F.O. magazine, that same 0.30 Yuan would have bought you a pack of smokes. The choice was yours, bribe your company leader with a pack of smokes or a U.F.O. magazine.

Let's examine the next magazine in some detail.

Inside first page, table of contents:

Some of the articles:

1) "Japanese pilot sees U.F.O."
2) "Types of U.F.O's"
3) "Looking for the footprints of the aliens"
4) "U.F.O's and power plants"

The next and final magazine in today's collection is from July 1990.

Now, I would like to draw your attention to the inside back cover.

What have we here? Where have I seen this before?

Translation (as best as I can do):

"These photos were taken August 27th 1988. (August 28th 9:00 - 9:05 PM Beijing Time) Long: 124 30 Lat: 49 50. These photos were taken around Dongbei, NeiMengGu (Inner Mongolia)."

So, there you have it, a short trip down memory lane with a look at U.F.O. magazines in China (and before the time when 'bar codes' would eventually spoil the cover of every magazine worldwide.

Subsequent to the above, Internos & I came up with the following info (I note Internos removed his photos when he left ATS):

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not on the 5th April 2010:

The Jiuquan Space Launch Center could well be the source of that missile launch as shown in your magazine.

You might be able to track down some launch info

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e0dd8ce4c61d.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/34ab4d5895f1.jpg[/atsimg]

www.globalsecurity.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

MAP

Originally posted by internos on the 6th April 2010:

It has been posted several times here on ATS.

That video was originally submitted HERE
Title:
Unknown Object in P.D.R. CA
Description:

November 8,1997 An Unknown Object that flew over Toe`s Beach in Playa del Rey,CA. Notice the bright object right over it.

It was a Delta II launch.

On the evening of 1997 November 8, a Delta II rocket carrying five Iridium communications satellites lifted off from Space Launch Complex 2-West at Vandenberg AFB. The launch took place during evening twilight and the rocket climbed out of the Earth's shadow and into sunlight, creating a memorable display visible over a wide area. The webmaster recorded the event on film from Santa Ynez Peak in Santa Barbara County, California.
www.spacearchive.info...

The Delta II carries the Iridium 38, 39, 40, 41, and 43 satellites into orbit as its sunlit contrail is suspended in the dusk sky. The webmaster took this photo during the late portion of the first stage burn just before main engine cut-off (MECO). The bright white dot on the right is the planet Venus.

This image shows the sunlit contrail from the Delta II just after first stage main engine cut-off. Following MECO, the rocket dropped significantly in brightness and was difficult to see. The very faint white speck in the lower left may be the rocket following second stage ignition.
www.spacearchive.info...

Delta II Rocket Launch, Vandenberg AFB, CA
November 8, 1997, 17:35 PST

Exposure: 1/30 sec.
Film: K-Mart Imation ISO 400 color print
Lens: Tamaron 28mm-200mm f/3.5 at 28mm.
The top frame shows the rocket's exhaust plume illuminated by the sun, about 20 minutes after sunset. Venus can be seen below the rocker, Jupiter is off to the lower left of the rocket. The bottom frame is a close up of the rocket approaching Jupiter. The exhaust plume is now in direct sunlight. Notice the difference between the white plume in the top frame and orange exhaust in the lower frame.

www.dosgatos.com...

I bet it has been some unforgettable spectacle

I trust this places some context around this sighting.

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

[edit on 6-6-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Project_Exo

If you saw it from behind and heading east the videos would have shown a counterclockwise spiral.

Obviously people didn't see it "from behind" as they saw it over the sea. They were in front of the object, so it's correct that it was spinning clockwise.

The rocket was moving from west to east, making a sighting over the eastern coast water a view of the rocket moving away.

If the rocket was "moving away" from the eastern coast then it would be heading WEST, over the pacific towards South America.

All the reports state it was moving EAST. Therefore, if you're stood on the eastern coast and the object is heading east it must be coming towards you, not moving away.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by C-Reilly

Putting aside the accusation made that I'm someone's alt, I've read through enough topics on ATS to know there are far too many people here who believe that something mysterious is the explanation for every picture, video, or account of something they fail to recognize in the night sky.

Be objective. Beliefs are fallacies of logic.

And I was also simply annoyed by the irrational comments stating that the members pushing the facts of the aforementioned rocket launch are disnfo agents or some such nonsense.

I could make a case that people denouncing this "spiral" as a rocket are the real disinfo agents, perpetuating the public perception of "UFOlogy" as a field for the delusional.

I reiterate: Be objective. Keep your personal beliefs out of topics trying to discern the truth behind proposed phenomena.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The Falcon 9 is only a single-stage rocket. Unless any other country was launching anything on the day in question, the mystery remains unsolved. The key here is the 4-lights observed by witnesses before the plume (spiral) enveloped the disused fuel.

Its a 4-stage Rocket so my bets is that something was being launched from Baikonur. The only thing that comes close was June 03 when a Proton Rocket carrying Badr5 was launched. Possibly the launch was delayed by a few days?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
The Falcon 9 is only a single-stage rocket.

No, it isn't.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CHRLZ

Yeah because wikipedia is an official source

Please post an official source, not people's inventions from Flickr or Wikipedia.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

No, it isn't.

Single Booster launch. Much like the Ares I, only its required for deliverable payloads into low-Earth Orbit.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

No, it isn't.

Single Booster launch. Much like the Ares I, only its required for deliverable payloads into low-Earth Orbit.

You didn't say that - you said "the Falcon 9 is only a single-stage rocket". It is a two-stage to orbit rocket.

Regardless, what relevance does all this have to the spiral above Australia? I'm a little lost - all the evidence points to it being the Falcon 9. Do you have some sensational information to suggest otherwise...?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

If the rocket was "moving away" from the eastern coast then it would be heading WEST, over the pacific towards South America.

All the reports state it was moving EAST. Therefore, if you're stood on the eastern coast and the object is heading east it must be coming towards you, not moving away.

I think you need to go away and think about it , it was travelling in an easterly direction ..from florida over atlantic , then africa then australia over the pacific back to america , from the west , in an easterly direction...

it is a 2 stage but the 2nd stage stayed attached .

[edit on 6-6-2010 by gambon]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Are you sure about that? If it was moving away over the water from the East coast it's moving east.. Therefore, the object is viewed from the rear.

The West coast of America is East of Australia in the same way the West coast of Scandinavia is East from Britain. and the West coast of Britain is East from the East coast of Ireland etc etc.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by gambon
I think you need to go away and think about it , it was travelling in an easterly direction ..from florida over atlantic , then africa then australia over the pacific back to america , from the west , in an easterly direction...

Hmm... you may be correct. I was assuming it went the other way around - from Florida, over Mexico, over the Pacific and back around that way.

If you are correct then I suppose we have a problem with the Falcon 9 theory - the sprial should have been seen retrograde.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
What i find strange about this whole phenomenon is this...

We have been firing rockets into space for over 50 years now. In that time there have been hundreds of rocket launches and countless hours of telemetry and tape of them. Yes, some have been confused as UFOs and the photos show it. In every case there is, a clear trail of fuel, in a relatively straight line from the rear of the rocket across the sky. in that 50 years, until recently no-one as far as i know has reported this spiral shape appearing at a brightness of that of the moon. Now lets be straight here, surely, if it were that simple and it's something that is routine, we should have umpteen reports/pics etc and this wouldn't have even made a page of replies as it would have been nailed from the get go?

What's more we have heard nothing from NASA, or any other body, to say "oh well these days we use a new form of telemetry so that causes these spirals, that's why no-one saw them before".. Given the world wide publicity these appearances have garnered, you'd have expected someone might have come out and explained exactly what we are seeing?

Then there is the idea that we see a spiral from underneath of fuel from an oblect moving at a flat angle to the witnesses position. See, when i first saw the explanation of the Russian rocket I and suspect many others thought.

"Ahhh yes, ok so what we were seeing was the rocket from behind as it headed upwards from the launch. The spiral was caused by us seeing the tail of the rocket rotating and spewing fuel out in its' wake. "

" Fair enough i can see that as being a perfectly acceptable explanation for the phenomenon that was witnessed".

Only now we are being told exactly the same phenomenon can be viewed from a rocket that is actually in orbit and therefore, its' attitude to the viewer is , in effect side on.

The problem I'm having and i suspect others to is this. I'd expect to see not a spiral shape from the Falcon 9 but something more akin to a series of linked doughnut rings that appears something like a spring stretched out. get a spring yourself. stretch it a little and then view it from underneath, as if it were a rocket taking off upwards away from you. The view the same spring from an angle as if the spring is now in orbit and you tell me do the shapes look identical?

In other words can someone who truly does understand the mathematics of the perspective involved in this explain , with the sue of diagrams, so we can all get our heads around exactly what we are, supposedly, seeing.

At the moment i really am having a problem with the perspective thing and the fact, suddenly, from nowhere, these blatantly obvious spirals are appearing all over and yet, in half a century of rocketry no-one has ever reported them before.

To me there is, at the moment, a definite case to be answered that these launches are being used to *hide in plain sight* some other sort of tests.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

I asked the same thing, but nobody could answer it. How come nobody spotted these "spirals" from the apollo missions?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Hi All,

Seems to me to be slightly unreal, regardless if it's real. UFOs buzzing our Earth all the time but we create website news with such things as spiral lights.

Sorry all, but it's a bit much for me. I remember one Super Moderator here, who had the best avatar I'd seen. Portraying and Astronomer looking through his focal telescope to the stars with a person dangling a UFO model IN FRONT OF THE ASTONOMERS' SCOPE LENS -- PERFECT !!

Decoy

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Hmm... you may be correct. I was assuming it went the other way around - from Florida, over Mexico, over the Pacific and back around that way.

He is correct, object moving out to sea on east coast of Australia, meaning rocket heading east from west, most people witnessed the spiral from behind.

Im sorta happy with the Falcon theory, but I definitely think these spirals are worth talking about on here as been said before, since the Norway spiral (which was visually AMAZING and nothing like that has been photographed before) there has been 2 more occasions where same effect has been seen, China and now Oz. 50 years of rocket tests and this phenomenon has only just been seen in last 12 months. Im happy to toss UFOs and HAARP in the trash (for the moment) but these private military contractors are doing something different over my house and my family and in my air, id really like to know what is going on and since the MSM or my PM isn’t going to tell me im relying on ATS as a starting point.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by deenuu]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Just incase people forgot...

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by deenuu

Spinning rockets produce spirals. They have for a long time.

1986:

Descriptions of the object and its motion varied, but a general picture soon emerged. It was called, in turn, a pinpoint, a moving spiral, a glowing cloud, and a big ball of fire. In Houston, Don Stockbauer described an orangish nebulosity surrounded by an irregularly shaped white cloud elongated vertically, with a dim starlike nucleus. Brenda Newton of Rochester, New York, recalled: “It started to get bigger and it had a tail. By the time we got out of the truck, it had begun to spiral. It lasted for a few minutes, then became like a dim star and floated toward the west.”

www.csicop.org...

1988:

2006:

[edit on 6/7/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hi Phage

This one would also be a great addition to your videos

I have posted this before, must of gone unnoticed

Thanks

Ocker