It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious light with spiral tail seen in Aussie sky

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+48 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
No news article yet, just caught it on the radio.

There have been numerous reports of a bright greenish-yellow light streaking of the Eastern part of Australia this morning.

Could be as simple as space junk or meteor, but who knows.

Does anyone have any more on this?

[edit on 4/6/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Chadwickus.....

Thanks for the alert

It will be interesting to see the subsequent reports about this.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Reports just coming in on the ABC site. No videos that I can find yet

www.abc.net.au...

Multiple people across New South Wales, Queensland and the ACT say they were startled this morning by a huge white light moving across the sky.

Canberra resident James Butcher says he was driving home from a night out with his brother when they spotted the "strange spiral light in the sky".

"It had a distinct bright centre, much like a bright star, indicating an object shedding light trails, spiralling and fattening out from it," he said.

"The effect lasted only two or three minutes, moving and descending quickly out of view.

Edit: www.youtube.com...
Not great quality and no way of determining it's authenticity, but paired with the article of the occurence, seems genuine.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by almighty bob]

+52 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I think this is it, very short video uploaded yesterday (edit- well it says 4th june but i guess the severs in a different time zone)...

comment under the video from the uploader-

June 04, 2010 — Spotted this huge spiral light in the sky at 5:50 am June 5th 2010. By the time my partner got her digital camera out it was disappearing into the horizon and was surrounded by cloud. I first thought it was the moon with a storm in front of it but then noticed the moon on the other side of the sky. Moved at a slow and steady pace right across the sky. A bright light approx a 1/4 of the size of the moon with a perfect spiral throwing off light around it. I was watching from Nowra - 2hrs south of Sydney, Australia.

almighty bob, we must have been looking at the same thing at the same time!!

[edit on 4-6-2010 by 2theC]

[edit on 4-6-2010 by 2theC]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Ahh it's a NoFO

Very mysterious.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Pardon the redundancy if these have been posted. This vid is from Jan this year and I had never seen them. The cloud formation is mind blowing, such precise dimensions.
Truly bizarre!

What did you think of these when you saw them Chadwickus? Is there another thread?

Peace

This one is on today's sighting

[edit on 4-6-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

+23 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Here's a slightly longer and better quality vid of it.

parrotx4 — June 04, 2010 — Filmed at 5:50am 05.06.10 near Byronbay. Was much brighter to naked eye.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Something to do with Pine Gap maybe ?
Some strange stuff has been written about it being Australia's area 51 , maybe they are testing something .

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Pipebomb24875

That's some great footage. SO Chadwickus was right

Looks like a spiral indeed, but not as crazy as the Norway Spiral. This one moves more slowly. Too bad we don't see it all the way to the end. I wonder if it looked like a black hole like the one in Norway... that was bizarre.

Probably a scalar weapon targeting beacon. Russians again...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a few questions and comments....

in the first two videos.... the 11 second one and the one beginning with the man talking.....

i'm not sure what the sky or cloud cover was like.... i'm from pennsylvania... usa..... but i find it just a bit odd that they both captured this image and there is a complete lack of stars.... i also dont know what type of camera was used....

as for the third one... i obviously understand the lack of stars because the sun is coming up.....

i'm absolutely NOT saying that they are faked.... i'm just wondering if it was completely overcast..... which would mean that object was obviously below the clouds...... or what?

now as for the radar images.....

i'm assuming at this point that they are just glitches of some sort..... if there were formations that large over australia.... surely there would be thousands of people looking up at the sky saying..... wtf?????

i'm curious to see how this thread pans out......

not to mention maybe some of the original filmers could answer my questions???

thanks

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by C-Reilly
a few questions and comments....

in the first two videos.... the 11 second one and the one beginning with the man talking.....

i'm not sure what the sky or cloud cover was like.... i'm from pennsylvania... usa..... but i find it just a bit odd that they both captured this image and there is a complete lack of stars.... i also dont know what type of camera was used....

as for the third one... i obviously understand the lack of stars because the sun is coming up.....

i'm absolutely NOT saying that they are faked.... i'm just wondering if it was completely overcast..... which would mean that object was obviously below the clouds...... or what?

now as for the radar images.....

i'm assuming at this point that they are just glitches of some sort..... if there were formations that large over australia.... surely there would be thousands of people looking up at the sky saying..... wtf?????

i'm curious to see how this thread pans out......

not to mention maybe some of the original filmers could answer my questions???

thanks

it was very early in the morning, so not that many people to say WTF
were around ...

but enough people saw it to make National Radio news broadcasts here.

Astronomers comments being "space Junk" or "meteor" "but we don't really know"

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
That's utterly compelling footage.

I await skeptical response.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
holy crap... ever since norway, all these new spirals are popping up everywhere which makes the norway one even more mysterious. why? because you cant simply dismiss it as a missle launch because then all of these spirals would have to be missle launches and if in fact they are how come nobody has ever reported them before. there have been a rash of sightings since. pretty good footage definately. i know there are more aussies here on ATS, wheres ozweatherman at? hes an aussie aint he..

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
the wtf comment was based on the radar images..... were all the images early in the morning?????

and if it is space junk.... i find it odd that this sudden phenom. is happening in so many places of the globe......

interesting stuff

+37 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
i live on the Gold Coast in Queensland Australia and witnessed this most freakish sighting this morning( 4 hours ago..).
i am not a UFO poster, but come to ATS for its angle on Current Affairs etc...

I work outside and started at 5 am this morning(I work at Dreamworld for the Aussies reading this, in Coomera)...at 5.52am ( I checked) I saw the Aussie version of the Norway Spiral..a large spiral( not helix) moving from south to East and out to sea. It had no sound.My colleague and I stood flabbergasted as this thing passed across the sky.The whole event took perhaps(as reported..) about 2-3 minutes. Half way thru its path it changed from spiral to elongated in shape, like a very thin ellipse..
throughout the time the "object" appeared to have a mist (ala Norway) in front of it which softened the light slightly. As the object morphed into the "ellipse" the "mist" changed into a sort of "smoke ring" which surrounded the object. It headed in the direction of the soft orange glow of the sun which was about to rise....interestingly, I immediately noted that other stars in the sky were 100% visible....I do not believe the "mist" was from clouds...most strange!!

I am not a crackpot, I have nothing to gain by lying here...this is what I saw...

Of course, like others that have sighted this around the World, I have no explanation.
During the sighting I tried to not be over-awed, instead trying to be critical in my thinking( hence the time check etc)..conclusion??Maybe not "other worldly", but definately some form of hitherto unknown flying craft.

Edit:

The path of the "thing" was horizontal, not falling to earth in its trajectory.
Byron Bay( as sen on above video) is about 45 minutes by car...

The odd thing is the sightings all seem to be at the same time.A woman in Sydney said she saw it at 5.55am, approx. the same time I did, and yet Sydney is 1000 km away...does this indicate how BIG this thing was??

[edit on 4-6-2010 by benoni]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Hopefully if sufficient numbers of good quality photos, vids, etc begin to be made public regarding this anomaly, then I'll attempt to do a location fix and analysis ... similar to the ones I did in my threads regarding the Norway Spiral event.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

[edit on 4-6-2010 by rajaten]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
raja.... why don't you clarify yourself????

i'm a bit confused....

i mean even if you dont read all the rules here..... you have just broken the most simple.....

no contribution...... straight one-liner.....

the only reason i am even replying is because i am interested in you elaborating a bit....

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Speculativeoptimist.....

I've been looking at & reading about those for years.

Those are nothing more than radar anomalies.

You will find information on the Australian BOM site to that effect.

www.bom.gov.au

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Okay, I know this will be good "flamebait" and I appreciate that, as I take everything with a grain of salt too, but in the spirit of cross-referencing, I watched a series of vids(10) from Keisha Crowther, a Native American Shaman who claims to be one of the "wisdom keepers" of a collective group of Shamans.

She is speaking of 2010 as the most eventful year we have witnessed, with many strange things, including spirals in the skies. She says they will be seen all over the planet.
I know she sounds a bit "out there," but these reports of spirals popping up leaves me to wonder, and entertain all interpretations. because what she says resonates with me, Her speech is uplifting, interesting, and talks about changes going on, I will leave it at that. I figured it was relevant to this incident though. (6 minute mark)

Wisdom Keepers - Fast Forward to 6:01 for spiral reference

Peace

[edit on 5-6-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join