It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious light with spiral tail seen in Aussie sky

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Agreed, very interesting.

As for a complete success, I'm not so sure.

SpaceX hasn't released any footage since it's unexpected roll besides the first few seconds of the roll on their highlight reel.

As can be seen here:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
CHRLZ.....

That's very helpful!

I've inserted the path map for convenience.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

Thanks, MMN, but I'm feeling guilty now - I browsed back a little further, and found it was in fact posted earlier by Ocker, so credit where credit due..

Just one more rant - I was most disappointed to see some very inaccurate remarks made by an Aussie UFO 'researcher' who I shall not name, dismissing the rocket theory out-of-hand...
(EDITED to add - I realised this might sound like I'm referring to an ATSer- definitely NOT, it was a report on the news..)

Really, as a half-intelligent
person who is interested in ufo's, I'm embarrassed at having these people 'represent' me.

Half-baked, ill-informed, shoot-from-the-hip comments do nothing but add to the level of ridicule that ufo research is now the butt-end of. Grr.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by CHRLZ]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
One more link...

Nice slide show here...

And an interesting fact, apparently the rotation problem was captured by on board camera(s?), so there might be some very interesting images yet to come, from just a little nearer..

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by heffo7

I'd be satisfied if someone else would come forward and say that they had seen it flying over sometime during the night somewhere between the US and the Eastern States of Australia. Surely it would have been visible in the night sky to a serious number of people in numerous countries.

Yep i do understand, this is what i dont understand, Great post

Ok i understand it may not look like a spiral, due to morning sun reflection on the east coast etc which i do understand , but lets get real here, it may of looked like a big bright star at very least going/ moving at speed across WA / Nullabor / SA, wheres those reports?

I reckon its the falcon 9. but why no reports from the west, can someone explain this. would it just look like a normal sat without the sun glare, i dunno just a question

Wal

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I am wondering if the Falcon 9 Rocket they sent up day before this started have anything to do with it.

Falcon 9 is to gather alot of data and the White House wants to use it the most.

If I remember right, there was a mention of a Russian Rocket launched just before the last blue/green giant Spiral showed up in Norway.
But that was only seen in the Norway area .. right? This one is said to been seen in all parts of the world. Since it just happened..news is scarce.

Truth, Love and True Light, Maya

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I think it was attacked by an alien Giant wasp just before lift off causing it to spiral over Australia.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by auswally
reply to post by heffo7

I'd be satisfied if someone else would come forward and say that they had seen it flying over sometime during the night somewhere between the US and the Eastern States of Australia. Surely it would have been visible in the night sky to a serious number of people in numerous countries.

Yep i do understand, this is what i dont understand, Great post

Ok i understand it may not look like a spiral, due to morning sun reflection on the east coast etc which i do understand , but lets get real here, it may of looked like a big bright star at very least going/ moving at speed across WA / Nullabor / SA, wheres those reports?

I reckon its the falcon 9. but why no reports from the west, can someone explain this. would it just look like a normal sat without the sun glare, i dunno just a question

Wal

Probably for the same reason that you don't see satellites except for a short time after dusk, or before dawn - they need the sun to catch them. And the earlier it is, the less folks are up and about, looking upwards. Definitely for Perth and probably Adelaide, it would have been too early in the pre-dawn, I'm guessing, and therefore not illuminated...

(I'm making the rash assumption that by the time it had got to Oz it was not using its rocket, just venting/leaking fuel. Obviously if an engine was firing, it would be visible without any help from Sol..)

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchtowermaya

I am wondering if the Falcon 9 Rocket they sent up day before this started have anything to do with it.

Really.....

Falcon 9?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   

There was a report on one of the news sites of someone taking a photo of the spiral out of the window of an aircraft (A380) flying over Ceduna, South Australia. How's that?

I believe the reason it was only spotted on the east coast of Australia was because of two factors:

1. Something was happening to the Falcon 9 vehicles at the time - most likely venting unused propellant.

2. The event was backlit by the rising sun. Sunrise was still hours away in Western Australia and the sun had already risen further to the east.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Actually, it is almoost proven that it has to do with Falcon 9, or am i coming little bit from behind?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by deccal
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Actually, it is almoost proven that it has to do with Falcon 9, or am i coming little bit from behind?

Deccal.....

Yup.....it looks like it's the ol' Falcon 9!

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Is now that embarrassing point that seems to happen in all threads, where a number of posters see the OP only and then reply to it..? (..blithely ignoring many pages of investigation...)

Is there a name for this effect? There needs to be, I reckon.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by CHRLZ

The Deccal effect maybe?

I jest of course..

[edit on 6/6/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Here's a New Zealand News story on it...

www.3news.co.nz...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpvskyfreak

If they knew about this rocket then why didn't they say "Hey guys at about 5am if you're up you might see a nice show in the sky"

Normally the agencies will give you a heads up when something cool is going to happen

Fair question.

1. It wasn't an 'agency', it was a private corporation with a very small staff, that mostly concentrates on building CHEAPER rockets, not advising the public on possible visual aftereffects.

2. The intended orbit was announced, so anybody interested in possible visual consequences could have computed it themselves.

3. Most important, the launch was delayed for hours, first by weather and a radio transmitter issue, then by ships transgressing into the keep-out zone off the coast. If it had gone as originally scheduled, it would have been hours before sunrise on East Oz and nothing would have been visible. Nobody was responsible for making real-time adjusted calculations of sunrise in Australia -- what do you think they are, a bloated government bureaucracy with idle staffers, or something?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by gambon
I think this is intresting..If the cause of even some of these spiral is rocket launches ( which i found a reasonable excuse for norway), Why in over , what shall we say . 1000 rocket launches , has no body on the ground ever seen this before? or even anything similar , why all of a sudden do they start making spirals in the sky? cant get much further away tahn norway to iceland?

Reasonable question.

The answer is: people have seen and reported such fuel dump clouds since the early 1960s in Australia, they just wind up in amateur astronomy newsletters, NOT in the UFO press. Lots of other examples around the world during the Space Age. Fuel dump clouds have been creating UFO panics in southern South America since the 1970s. This is all well documented -- it's only a matter of emerging from the intellectual ghetto that passes for modern Uforia and looking around.

The wider and wider available of pocket videocam recorders has indeed resulted in more pictures becoming available, and with an Internet to post them worldwide quickly -- that's only an 'observer effect', not a real increase in the original phenomenon.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
G'day Chad, a flag for you, great thead mate!

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
These comments are the reason that such "artificial pseudo-UFOs" really ARE worthy of closer study by serious ufologists -- they provide unbiased calibration of the reliability of descriptions by eyewitnesses of unusual sky apparitions. If you know what the original stimulus actually WAS (and the connection with the Falcon-9 is no longer a 'possibility', it now seems a certainty based on timing and local illumination and a catalog of similar precursors), then you know what the visual stimulus would have been -- and you compare with what observers SAID they REMEMBER seeing, and -- voila! -- you see the mismatches that are characteristic of eyewitness perception of lights in the sky. It is a humbling and cautionary exercise, which may be why I see so few UFO buffs eager to perform it.

Originally posted by heffo7

Originally posted by benoni
Ocker..

thanks for the map...which shows it flying over Australia...not the ocean...over populated areas like Sydney....wether in "the atmosphere" or not !!

And no...It didnt look over the ocean when I saw it....

it also appeared stationary before then travelling east....would a rocket stop mid- orbit ???

Can a rocket stop mid- orbit??

You see, its little things like this that prevent me from accepting the MSM tale...you have chosen too...good for you!!

Exactly!! And here are two other eye witness testimonies that say in part:

"It was like a yellowish, greenish light with a light spiral around it," he said.

"It sort of moved around, bobbed up and down and then it went behind a cloud.

"I'm just amazed. I want to know what it was."

AND

Peter, from Balmoral, says he saw the light while he was on a ferry terminal on the Brisbane River.

"It certainly had that lollipop-type swirl ... but it was travelling low and fairly fast, and as it went past me and I looked up, it looked like a row of lights, maybe four lights," he said

Source: au.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nkinga
They are stating that this was a rocket set off from Cape Canaveral Florida. Now here is my question.....obviously at some point and time in our world...there are any number of countries that have set off rockets....why are they only now making spirals that no one has ever seen before?

Nkinga, the answer is that you are not as well informed as you obviously enjoy pretending you are. If you restrict your information to that provided by fellow UFO buffs, then it is a deliberate, self-induced ignorance. Widen your vision to the whole world and beyond, and you'll realize this cloud/spiral effect from rocket launchings is neither a new nor a rare phenomenon.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATSZOMBIE
I too find it VERY ODD in 60 years of rocket tests we only just start seeing this NOW? Ok so camera's weren't to prevalent, but at least since the 90s and every increasingly so, these events should be common place around the world but its NOT, its just NOT. Once is a fluke, twice is compelling..lets see what happens next. I can see why the skeptics are throwing out wild theories that are even more outlandish..I like to see them scared, on the ropes lmao

There's a sale on at Ebay of the t-shirt proclaiming "I'm ignorant and I like it that way". Want me to order you one? Visit my 'space myths' section on my home page www.jamesoberg.com to see a catalog of similar events over the past decades, recorded even in the UFO magazines you seem so proud of not ever reading. Any conclusion is 'logical' if you start from nonsense non-factual assumptions you authoritatively proclaim.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join