It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious light with spiral tail seen in Aussie sky

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by Wolfenz

Wolfenz.....

Congratulations on such a spectacularly off-topic post!

Regards
Maybe...maybe not

Thanks End of Argument ! LOL

Off Topic related

Spirals Spirals around World ! Ancient past to Nostradamus Spirals

Making Aware the Media does not Cover this Aussie Spiral event up

with all the Guess work !

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by gambon

Gambon.....

Sorry mate.....I'm sneaking this in between the list of chores the Mrs gave me & I stuffed it up!

Hang on a sec & I'll fix that up for you.

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
In regards to the alleged "radar" screens, they looked way to fake! Anyone who has ever seen a "media" used doppler radar could tell that is not conclusive evidence that should have even been posted!

As for the video? It would be easy to cast aside any suggestions that this is a ufo or anything else questionable had only one person caught tape of it. However, there are quite a few people whom have witnessed it, let alone got video....so I would have to say its interesting to say the least, but UFO unlikely. Probably meteor, or like someone above said, military testing. I know here in the US, our media always ignores or states debris from space or some oxy moron comment~

But who knows>

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by gambon

Gambon.....

Sorry mate.....I'm sneaking this in between the list of chores the Mrs gave me & I stuffed it up!

Hang on a sec & I'll fix that up for you.

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

Ha Ha no worries mate, getting late/ early here so i wasnt sure if it was me ...

edit spelling lolol

[edit on 6-6-2010 by gambon]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by gambon

Gambon.....

Here's the link to that old Chinese spiral as per the scans of the magazine.

Old Chinese U.F.O Mags. and 'that' spiral.

This shows the spirals have been observed & photographed for many, many years.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53

Originally posted by gambon
reply to post by Phage

I may be wrong but i think I read the space x people stating the second stage didnt separate as planned but didnt effect mission?

I read that as well. But they seem to ignore that for some reason.

hmmmm...

The dummy payload was not supposed to separate from the 2nd stage on this mission.

The only problem I have heard of is some excessive roll introduced during the flight that didn't effect the mission.

And left-over fuel dumps are planned events. There isn't necessarily a fuel leak involved.

I agree that it would be nice if Space X would raise their hand and say, "Our bad."

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SurefireII

SurefireII.....

In regards to the alleged "radar" screens, they looked way to fake! Anyone who has ever seen a "media" used doppler radar could tell that is not conclusive evidence that should have even been posted!

The radar screens are not false.....they are real

They are real in that they show known radar anomalies that are caused by technical "glitches" in the radar system. I have been watching these occur in real time for years,

As for the video? It would be easy to cast aside any suggestions that this is a ufo or anything else questionable had only one person caught tape of it. However, there are quite a few people whom have witnessed it, let alone got video....so I would have to say its interesting to say the least, but UFO unlikely. Probably meteor, or like someone above said, military testing. I know here in the US, our media always ignores or states debris from space or some oxy moron comment

As per the extensive info presented in this thread & also other threads pertaining to other such spirals, the spiral was caused by a rocket launch.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Really cool old mag, but I couldn’t really make out a spiral in that back cover shot (not that I don’t believe it is) Do you have any background on that event?? Do the Chinese claim it’s a missile? Or does the mag say it’s a UFO. I know that’s properly a dumb question to assume you read Chinese but thought id throw it out there...

Just noticed your translation on the time of the pix, done well mate, id have more hope of creating one of these spirals than understanding Chinese

[edit on 6-6-2010 by deenuu]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
right thanks for , that , I wish i hadnt looked before bed , and you will hate me ...BUT those images look like the ones i am used to seeing from rocket , and more familiarly guided missile launches ,the Norway one mmm ok I get the physics and the optics of that one ...even if it was travelling from the east to west over finland? , but this oz one looks different somehow,and was travelling from canaveral to the east over africa etc.. the opposite direction for the sun rise or reflection ?

The spiral in that mag is soon after launch it appears , this was at 200 kms high ......it should have been directly overhead of oz if it was , as it was it seems at a fairly low elevation in some pics , or is it just ma and very late.....

[edit on 6-6-2010 by gambon]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
the dream I mentioned last night is this image, which I have never seen until 5 minutes ogo. In the dream this exact image was horizontal heading East off the coast

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by gambon

No i agree, I may not be looking closley enough but I cant see a spiral. I think eveyone can agree that the Norway spiral was an amazing visual event no-one has seen before and since then there has been 2 more events not quiet as cool but similar. I dont think its aliens but I do think the milliary are testing exotic weapons or similar and keeping hush hush about it.

But it would be awesome if the spirals were some alien sheild to mess up the millitary missiles, one can only day dream..

[edit on 6-6-2010 by deenuu]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Why do the sprirals seem to go in theoe direction? as in ascending. What if there was a decending spiral

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by resistancia

Yup, it sure must...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWretched

Hey....I see you like "poitics" and beer !!!

Learn to spell and lay of the booze man

res

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
This thread has seemed to have gone off topic a fair bit.

A timely reminder of some of the facts we know of the Falcon 9 rocket:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by LightningStrom
There is a lot of poor information being spread on this thread, so as an aerospace engineer I thought I'd put my ideas down in simple terms so that you can see that the Falcon 9 explanation is possible.

1. Falcon 9 is a 2-stage rocket that uses liquid oxygen and rocket grade kerosene (RP-1). Stage 1 sits at the bottom, then stage 2 above it and the payload on top.

2. Falcon 9 lifted off from Cape Canaveral, Florida on 4th June at 2:45pm EDT (or 1845 GMT). This is 4:45 am on 5th June (local time) on the east coast of Australia.

3. The rocket lifts off heading east and stage 1 burns for about 3 minutes.

4. Once stage 1 is empty, it is jettisoned and falls back down into the Atlantic Ocean (east of Florida).

5. Stage 2 then ignites and burns for just under 6 minutes.

6. Once stage 2 burn is complete, the vehicle is in orbit at an altitude of about 250 km (150-170 miles). It is orbiting around the earth in an east to west direction (at about 28,000 km/hr or 17,400 miles/hr).

7. Normally, stage 2 would be jettisoned once the burn was complete and it would either remain in orbit or another burn would be made to "de-orbit" the stage where it would burn up on re-entry.

8. However, it is understood that the stage 2 was left attached to the payload on this mission.

9. This orbit is an ellipse where the altitude above earth varies from 230 to 270 km. The orbit will trace a curved path on the earth's surface that will take into the northern hemisphere and down into the southern hemisphere.

10. The orbit will take it east over Africa/Europe, then Asia/Australia and then back over the US. The time to do one orbit (once in orbit) is 89 minutes.

11. If you look at distances from East Coast of US to East Coast of Australia, you will be looking at approximately 60 to 65 minutes (2/3 of orbital distance).

12. Therefore if you add 65 minutes to 1845 GMT you get 1950 GMT or 5:50am local time on the ast coast of Australia. So the timing is right.

13. As for the spiral, this is possible if stage 2 is spinning and propellant is leaking or being released.

14. The video of launch showed that the rocket was going into a slow roll during ascent. If this was not corrected, the roll would continue while it was in orbit. It's in a vacuum so nothing to slow or stop the roll.

The only bits of information that are missing is the actual (official) orbital track that shows the path over the earth during the first orbit and the mission log showing whether anything happened at 1950 GMT. This is only something that SpaceX (or NASA ) can provide.

So all we can do is wait for SpaceX to make an announcement and either confirm or deny that their rocket was responsible.

[edit on 5/6/10 by LightningStrom]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I humbly apologise for coming in late, and not reading all of the thread.. but I didn't see a direct link to this in the last few pages, namely a map of the track of Falcon 9...

Not my image - and I haven't verified the orbital elements for myself, so I won't absolutely guarantee that path, but I think the numbers are out there -just bein' lazy...

Again, I apologise if that has already been posted.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by CHRLZ

Hey buddy, nice find there!

The orbital numbers are here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 6/6/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
SpaceX says the launch was a success

Not sure that this thing is/was, but I'm fascinated. If its a genuine unknown then the story will go global eventually.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHRLZ
I humbly apologise for coming in late, and not reading all of the thread.. but I didn't see a direct link to this in the last few pages, namely a map of the track of Falcon 9...

Not my image - and I haven't verified the orbital elements for myself, so I won't absolutely guarantee that path, but I think the numbers are out there -just bein' lazy...
Again, I apologise if that has already been posted.

CHRLZ.....

That's very helpful!

I've inserted the path map for convenience.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
SpaceX says the launch was a success

Not sure that this thing is/was, but I'm fascinated. If its a genuine unknown then the story will go global eventually.

And if it had done anything other than blow up before the countdown completed it would have been "successful in many aspects..." I know PR...

Chadwickus, I haven't run the numbers myself, but they are all being consistently reported and the orbit was clearly *supposed* to go in the directions shown. I'm too tired to go into the details (and mine wouldn't be as pretty as that one..), but it's looking 99.9% to be the Falcon. Fascinating story and great images though, and I note that ATS was probably the place to get the theories together first, again. Nice work, guys.

I just wish I had been up to see it. Oh well..

PS [rant]
One other thing - notice that even though this was very early in the morning, many, many images and videos are popping up. And yet we still have time-wasting idiots like Antonio Urzi (supported by even worse idiots like Jaime Maussan) posting ridiculous fake ufo images supposedly over Milan in the middle of the day - that no-one else sees.. [/rant]

PPS - hmmmm... but then again.. no reports from Africa?

[edit on 6-6-2010 by CHRLZ]

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join