It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious light with spiral tail seen in Aussie sky

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Here is what Elon Musk had to say about the dramatic roll at the second stage

The second stage rolled more than expected during its engine firing, and Musk said engineers will investigate the cause of the glitch before launching another Falcon 9.

Although the roll was dramatic in views from on-board rocketcams, the stage still did its job and reached an accurate orbit within a percentage point of pre-launch targets, according to SpaceX telemetry.

"We got our Falcon 9 rocket to orbit," Musk told reporters a few hours after launch. "It achieved a near-bullseye on the target, about 99.8 percent on perigee and 101 percent on apogee."

The rocket was targeting a 155-mile-high orbit inclined 34.5 degrees to the equator. The flight's payload was a ground test article of the Dragon spacecraft, but the capsule stayed attached to the Falcon 9 upper stage as designed.

www.spaceflightnow.com...

Ocker

[edit on 5/6/2010 by ocker]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Well, it got me wondering...because I lived in Florida from the time I was 10 till I was 16. Well old enough to remember. We lived in Port St. Lucie..and most times my parents would actually allow me to take off from school and we would drive down to Cape Canaveral whenever they had a launch. My father loved to watch them. On the off chance we couldn't make the 2 hour drive we would head down to the beach that was only 15 minutes away and plenty of times we were able to watch it right from our front yard. So I've seen many many launches of any types by Cape Canaveral over a period of 6 years (plus two summers in a row that we went for vacation from the time I was 8 till we moved there when I was 10) I'm sure there are many others who have seen launches all their lives. So even with a UFO obsessed society...why are these all of a sudden so "new"? they seem new to me too..I don't ever remember seeing spirals..though i will admit..I never memorized the shapes any of the launches made, I was just always amazed at the launches themselves.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Nkinga

Well the spirals don't occur during the launch, so it's understandable that you wouldn't have seen any.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LightningStrom

I'd be satisfied if someone else would come forward and say that they had seen it flying over sometime during the night somewhere between the US and the Eastern States of Australia.

Surely it would have been visible in the night sky to a serious number of people in numerous countries.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

As you are an engineer, can you suggest a theory as to why these spirals seem to be more regular today than in the past?

I can only postulate, but the fact that today, every man, woman and child has a device capable of taking photos or video (via mobile phones, etc). When something like this happens today, hundreds, if not thousands, of photos appear on the web within hours.

Ten or twenty years ago, it was a case of hundreds of people reporting a UFO, and maybe one person was lucky enough to grab a blurry photo.

There's also a lot more rockets going up these days. Back 20-30 years ago there were only a handful of countries capable of launching an orbital vehicle. Today, just about every civilised country is launching rockets and private companies are now getting in othe act, ie, Scaled Composites, SpaceX and others.

That's my opinion.

[edit on 5/6/10 by LightningStrom]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

but noone reported verballyspiral ufo,s or described the spiral effects of the rocket launch they saw , verbally either.....

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by gambon

but noone reported verballyspiral ufo,s or described the spiral effects of the rocket launch they saw , verbally either.....

Can you honestly say that a spiral UFO hasn't been reported before the past couple of years? I just did a quick Google search and found this:

"In 1980, in Canada, many people in their homes got an urge to go outside to look at the night sky. And 12,000 people saw a massive pink spiral several miles high in the sky, which the Government attempted to explain away as a Chinese rocket!"

www.ufocasebook.com...

I also found another report from Nevada dating back to 1950.

I'm sure these aren't the only ones.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

but so far only 2 in the last 60 years, not many

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Gambon.....

You might be interested to know the spirals have been observed for years.

As per my earlier post, here's some info regarding the Chinese spiral of many years ago.....it was also a failed rocket / missile launch as per the info I posted in that thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DGFenrir

reply to post by Wolfenz

You think that making conclusions without facts is okay? Conclusions which are based on belief? The I want it to be so mentality? Not logic, science or anything that makes sense or that can be proven?

No you have misunderstood ! what i m talking about !
who controls the media ?
when im skeptic about something I tend to look for sources other than well known media's in my own country or media hypes to find truth ! on the one's i feel that something is not just right , is holding back! , a cover up , a delay etc.. just thing's i don't buy

ok For instance!!!!!! why isnt the BP Leak cement casing is Plugged Sealed!
by a detonation charge ? or a Mini Nuke ! seal the leak !

the Government & BP does not want to seal it ! they want to contain it so they can to still be able to tap into it ! ! they want to cut the pipe and Funnel it to the surface or to Cap it not to put a permanent seal as many company s tried to put their ideas solve the leak of doing that ! and they were refused by BP and their branches They Rather Would Kill Wildlife , in the Gulf , Life the Gulf Shore line , make the area a wasteland all for Greed ! Soon Florida will feel the Leaks Wrath with this going on what is the government doing behind the Curtain !

The Spiral Events are getting all to Common .. Censorship!

Project Censored

Fox News SC Debate - Ron Paul (censored from re-broadcast)

Sources

like a ATS posted a Pic about this ! Dewy Defeats Truman !
en.wikipedia.org...

who controls the media
www.nowfoundation.org...

USA Poland NWO
www.electronicmuseum.ca...

who runs the media ! from PBS!
www.pbs.org...

ok this is a thread for about the New Spiral !

My Apology as im trying to make a point in reply
to One ATS Member

lets dig up the past events & new discovery's and Compare!
Especially the Spirals Research anyone talking yet ?

[edit on 6-6-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
reply to post by Phage

Yep, this case is closed. And I'm going to bed. Good nights work, people.

the cult of phage. LOL

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

"In 1980, in Canada, many people in their homes got an urge to go outside to look at the night sky. And 12,000 people saw a massive pink spiral several miles high in the sky, which the Government attempted to explain away as a Chinese rocket!"

This muddies the water even more, it shows the government openly lies how can we take anything they say as anything more than hot air.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

Wolfenz.....

Congratulations on such a spectacularly off-topic post!

Regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

In that case they really need to improve there qc procedures..lol , I dont disbelieve you , just funny how so many leaky rockets with perfect conditions to make spirals there is lately , earth is a crazy world....lol

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I may be wrong but i think I read the space x people stating the second stage didnt separate as planned but didnt effect mission?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by deenuu

This muddies the water even more, it shows the government openly lies how can we take anything they say as anything more than hot air.

Deenu.....

FYI.....just in case you missed my post about the Chinese spiral of many years ago.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

cool so it was a second stage rocket? So show us some examples from the apollo series doing this.

How come this phenomenon wasn't reported back then?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus

Originally posted by Phage
After a bit of research, I'm pretty sure that what was seen was the separation of the second stage of the Falcon 9 from its payload, a mockup of the Dragon Spacecraft.

Though the flight profile has not been released, the launch was at 14:45 EDT. The event was witnessed at 05:50 Canberra time. About one hour after launch. The timing is right. The venting of residual fuel from the second stage would put it into a spin, creating the spiral effect.

If the Falcon 9 followed general launch procedures, it would have been launched into an easterly trajectory to obtain a significant velocity gain from the Earths rotation. Therefore, the Falcon would have been heading away from Australia during stage separations.

Now, we launch eastward ...
Using both the rotational motion of Earth on its axis and the orbital motion of Earth around the Sun, we can save a lot of fuel ...

Source: spaceplace.nasa.gov...

I was under the impression of this as well it took approx 45 mins to be over australia at an altitude between 175..250 kms

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

reply to post by Phage

I may be wrong but i think I read the space x people stating the second stage didnt separate as planned but didnt effect mission?

I read that as well. But they seem to ignore that for some reason.

hmmmm...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Gambon.....

You might be interested to know the spirals have been observed for years.

As per my earlier post, here's some info regarding the Chinese spiral of many years ago.....it was also a failed rocket / missile launch as per the info I posted in that thread.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

hi that link links to itself?

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join