It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Complainer--A Conspiracy In The Making.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

I dunno to be honest?
I think you can be post banned without warning....

The warnings are the way they go as a process, but if you're particularly rude, aggressive or break a particular T or C, then I think you can be immediately post banned.

If there is something specific you want to know regarding your own situation, I would ask a Mod via the complaint/suggestion form.
They usually get back to you

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Do you really think that people come here and get paid to slam threads?

I wish i did, so much bullcrap on here lately.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I am really confused, unless the grey matter isnt working well for me today I cant make the connection.
I cross referenced throughout the thread mentioned and this thread and couldnt connect the dots.
I guess I'll try again later when all the cylinders are firing hotter in the skull engine.
Yet if you could "assist" in clarity, that would be welcome too.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Show them the 4chan Logo for girls?

Why?

No seriously...why?

That's not 4chan logo. This is 4chan logo

and lol there are no logos for girls and boys anywhere. I donno where you read that or heard from you are seriously mistaken.

What you are saying is general high misconception. Anonymous is not a person, nor is it a group, movement or cause nor is it associated with any particular thing. Anonymous is an idea, an idea is the only thing noone can steal from you. You can be stripped of identity, your worldly possession and everything material, you can be restricted physically but not mentally and that my friend is the idea.

Anonymous are a collection of individuals united by ideas. You likely know Anonymous, although you don't know exactly who they are. Anonymous are your brothers and sisters, your parents and children, your superiors and your underlings, the janitor at your workplace, a person walking down the road. Anonymous are the concerned citizens standing next to you. Anonymous is everywhere, yet nowhere. The strength lies in the numbers. The will as a whole is the combined will of individuals. The greatest advantage is a knowledge of the fundamentals we share as human beings. This knowledge is a fruit of the anonymity.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 911stinks

What wonderfully insightful comments.

I wonder -how do you substantiate them?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I wouldn't stress too much over it, Keeper.

ATS is just like any other place, there will be the great, the good, the bad and the ugly. There are so many issues that people are heavily divided over. (And it is not just a Religion vs. non-Religion thing.) Some issues will bring out the best in some people but bring out the worst in others. We have such a diverse membership on this forum that I am sure these things are expected by the staff.

Sometimes you just see posts that make you feel empty inside. It's a tough feeling to explain and it has been happening to me a lot lately. Kind of like: what's the point? Do they really care? Does what I say register with them or does everything I say automatically get filtered out by their preconceived notion that they dislike me and my beliefs. Am I insane for feeling this way? Am I the anomaly? Am I the outsider who does not relate well to most others? Am I wasting my time here on the forum? Should I just get myself banned and then come back as an anonymous observer?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Regarding 911stink's post-

What happened to freedom of opinion on here? This is a conspiracy website is it not?

So, when mods/ admin start removing posts unnecessarily left right and center- do the members of this site not have the right to question why?

Personally- all I saw on that now removed post- was an opinion... and a validated one at that. Again- because this IS a conspiracy website.

I suppose once they are on to you it's like trying to get a pack of hyenas off your back... or am I wrong? I would love to be-

The last two days have been my first bad experiences with ATS... And I feel like I am getting a taste of what really happens on here- once they have it in for you- step in line- or be prepared to have minced meat made out of you.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

As a reward for writing the best post on this thread, you get the pick of the stall for your prize...

There's a big stuffed gorilla on the top shelf, a couple of stuffed monkeys on the middle shelf and on the bottom shelf we have some very confused looking stuffed rats...

Take your pick !

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Retrovertigo

I'll take the very confused looking stuffed rats- because I feel sorry for them (and they don't even exist!)

Thanks...

It saddens me though - seriously...
I feel if others are too scared to talk- then I will, seeing I also have a problem with this.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jinx880101
reply to post by Retrovertigo

I'll take the very confused looking stuffed rats- because I feel sorry for them (and they don't even exist!)

Thanks...

I feel if others are too scared to talk- then I will, seeing I also have a problem with this.

Good choice
They do exist, just like the other two choices...And you're a lot closer to the rats than you think

As to the rest of your post, I'll offer a polite "no comment"

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

It saddens me too but it goes with the territory. The only way I can rationalize it is by using the analogy of "you don't criticize the decor of your motherinlaws house, no matter how tacky" "you didn't pay for the drapes and you don't have to live here"

still...I know what you mean!

[edit on 20-4-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

It saddens me too but it goes with the territory. The only way I can rationalize it is by using the analogy of "you don't criticize the decor of your motherinlaws house, no matter how tacky"

I understand that- but- This is not my mother in laws house, it is a conspiracy website and diversity is the key point of the whole thing... I though that this was a place where EVERYONE has a voice, where everyone can be heard..without being censored without just cause.

But- I do get what you are saying- And will try to apply it as best I can in future.

Thank you

"you didn't pay for the drapes and you don't have to live here"

Aaah-read your edit- Much clearer... and point taken.

[edit on 23/01/2010 by jinx880101]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

If anyone has a question about a removed post, please use the COMPLAINT FORM.

In a nutshell, we do allow opinions to be expressed but it is often missed that CIVILITY IS MANDATORY. Saying someone has their nose stuck somewhere and referring to other members as 'goons' is not what is classified as civil and the post will be removed when noticed.

There's a huge difference between stating 'I disagree and here's why' (acceptable) vs. 'Hey, you goon.' (will be removed).

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Well, since I do like to post on ATS, since I have a purpose for posting, and ATS seems to be the most visited conspiracy website on the web, I'll shut-up about "that".

jinx, wish I could star you.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Regarding 911stink's post-

What happened to freedom of opinion on here?

A diversity of opinion and thought, including those who desire to refute conspiracy theories, is embraced and welcomed here.

Insults are not. The post contained insults directed at other members, a clear T&C violation. It was removed.

If you wish to post on a web site that tolerates insults, there are many thousand other venues on which you can entertain such desires.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain

What you are saying is general high misconception. Anonymous is not a person, nor is it a group, movement or cause nor is it associated with any particular thing. Anonymous is an idea, an idea is the only thing noone can steal from you.

Sigh...

Look, Anon is a group that spawned from 4chan, and still meets and does business on 4chan. It is a group that first began on 4chan and gets most of its attention from 4chan.

The logo you are saying is not 4chan, was first created on 4chan and posted on 4chan.

So...you keep thinking Anon is some group that has nothing to do with 4chan.

I think you must know the FBI makes little difference between the two.

But, I am glad you find it something worth defending.

PS- Telling a guy who wears a mask about Anon? That is silly!

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Mr. Mask is completely right. Do a google search. The first result is about 4chan anonymous.

I would preferably not see this site get taken over by the same morals and motivations as 4chan. That would definitely be the end of ATS.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by areyosicker
reply to post by Mr Mask

Mr. Mask is completely right. Do a google search. The first result is about 4chan anonymous.

I would preferably not see this site get taken over by the same morals and motivations as 4chan. That would definitely be the end of ATS.

Well my friend...since I have been a member here on ATS (about a year now) I have seen plenty of members showing 4chan signs and logos.

Some may just be misguided in understanding what the logos mean (like the guy above who thinks Anon is separate from 4chan), some may just be copying what they see online unaware its origins remain with 4chan.

But...I will say, I have seen many 4channers here. And usually they are trolling or starting fights.

But I doubt they could ever "take over".

Lord knows, half the stories about them being organized super hackers is just that- stories.

Channers are usually just perverts, delinquents, pedophiles or racists. Pick one, or a few, and you pretty much summed up Channers.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
i can honestly say there is a simple equation when people feel threatened they resort to small minded behavior and cherry picking grasping at straws i can almost certainly say that those who say the new ats chicks are sexest or some drivle are proly not perceived as beautiful they see these to girls as competition and the men who say its wrong are proly not received well by women they approach.
issues people thats all people have issues

def my two cents not hoping to set anyone straight or nuttin

Be Well

hot chicks rule

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join