It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Complainer--A Conspiracy In The Making.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I agree...the bashing of the accent and such was uncalled for. Having said that...I did point out that I did have a hard time understanding her...nothing negative...just my observation. And the only reason I made the comment was because people said she spoke perfectly clear when even she admited she was having problems because of some dental work/issue. Nothing to be ashamed of...it is what it is.

Other than that one guy...I see a lot of disagreement in there...but nothing too negative.

The whole thing is silly...but what isn't on ATS??? Won't stop me from discussing it...but I do think it is all silly.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

yeah its silly.. Very

I wont say its sad but it is, its unregulated and a act of freedom, of expression. Almost as beautiful, as the Conspiracy chicks. We all will not agree. Yet just keep it civil, and not so serious.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I have to admit to being slightly , cynical one might say , at the level of secrecy , and the hints and nonsense that preceeded the launch of this new segment of the already geometricaly ammusing thing that is ATS.
Folks around the globe who arent part of the information gathering process which embraces all conspiracy debate sites , already poke fun at those of us who believe the apparantly unbelievable . I merely felt the last thing we need is persons who run a site which aims to seriously investigate the strange and bizzare, to be overly dramatic, or indeed poke fun at its own foundations in such a way.
I do not believe that it is appropriate for a site which I respect as a serious source of information, to be getting in on the overly big media style product launch. It defies the ethics of almost every thing I had been lead to believe about the site, its function, and the reason for its existance.
I love this website, and when I can I contribute what I can to the info pool here, and all Im asking , is for the owners and service providers to take EVERY part of what they do , EXTREMELY seriously , thus removing the need for the staged , hyped nonsense that preceeded the launch of the Conspiracy Chicks .
I wouldnt be suprised if other members feel somewhat similar. We have enough real conspiracies to worry about after all.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Just my thoughts about some of the the negative "Conspiracy Chicks" response... (I hope this isn't too harsh)

The complainers act as if Ashley and Asala were total victims and had no say in the way they were presented or the name of the show. I can't help but wonder why they think these ladies were helpless and being "used" as eye candy for the masses... Could it be that that's how the complainers view women? As props without opinions, to be thrust onto the screen?

Can you imagine if someone said about Johnny Anonymous, "His hair was combed so neatly and his outfit seemed to show off his bulging biceps... At one point he smiled and had a sexy look in his eyes. Clearly his maleness was the point of the show... Must we use sex to sell ATS?"

Can you imagine that complaint? No! Why? Is it because A&A ARE women and the complainers see them as objects, so assume that everyone else will see them that way? Please tell me I'm wrong.

To those of you who are thinking that the simple act of women having their own show is somehow automatically tied to sex, check yourselves! Ask yourself what your response would be if it had been two guys and the name of the show was "Conspiracy Dudes" and they were referred to as Skeptic, the "Brain" and Springer, the "Braun". Would you be having a fit? No! Why? Is it because they're men? I'm serious. Check your motives here.

As a woman, I watched the video and not ONCE was I offended. Not even close! I thought it was GREAT. I don't care if someone calls me a girl, a lady, a woman, a chick, a female, a hottie or a babe. I am all of the above and proud to be so.

What DOES offend me, however, are a bunch of men thinking that they have to 'come to the rescue' of two perfectly intelligent, capable and independent women, who happen to be beautiful. What makes you think that these women need you to point out that they should be offended or that there's something wrong with ATS's decision to "market" the fact that there are women here, too?

So, I'd like to remind the male complainers out there that women are NOT victims or helpless. We don't need you to tell us when or whether we should feel used or victimized. YOU do not determine how we feel. Please remember that. A&A are gorgeous, adult, INTELLIGENT women and don't need to be saved or protected by you.

Bottom line: Ashley and Asala don't NEED you to come to their defense. As a woman, I'm THRILLED that conspiracy chicks are being highlighted. I think it's a wonderful idea. If you're offended by this video and the show, you need to think long and hard about why.

[edit on 4/19/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I'd applaud this if I could.

Ashley and Asala are strong, independant, free thinking PEOPLE.

Some posters need to ask themselves why they have gender issues masquerading as "concern" over something that is largely in their own minds...

Attractive people, who actually have thoughts, idea's and theories of their own.

Who'da thunk it...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Well, I think that a lot of people act like over opinionated, popmpous pricks at times here on ATS.
I also think that them self same people can be valuable and constructive members of the ATS family at times.

We are none of us perfect here.

We should sometimes stop taking ourselves so serious and relax a bit more and consider the other opinion.

And I assure you I include myself in all this.

Now complaining about complaining?
Does seem a bit strange doesn't it.

However, maybe some people do like to complain about every new ATS development or maybe it's just that there is always someone who disagrees with something, not necessarliy the same posters.
(Hope that makes sense)

One thing I do know is that the way the CC thread developed hardly covered many ATS members and staff in glory with the exception of the two excellent members at the heart of the thread and one or two others.

Pretty ironic really.

Now as for naming names, that would definately stir up a # storm but is maybe just the clear the air excercise that is needed.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Is the internet really that serious?

Relax, guy!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
uncensored.co.nz...

The coordinated disinformation that I've seen on ATS is one of the reason's that I joined. The number one reason is all the interesting viewpoints and intelligent people that are on this site. I enjoy this site for a number of reasons, not just conspiracy theories.

Quite frankly, the coordinated disinformation that seems to go on gives ATS STREET CRED.

I hope the ATS contributors are not discouraged by any of this...keep on keeping on...Peace

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

If you visit the Conspiracy Chick thread I completely support the idea
Post 1 | Post 2 | Post 3 | Post 4

Now that aside I enjoy your threads and your input always but not this time.
First and foremost if you are upset/ angry over other's view perhaps Rant Section is more suitable.

You are a Disgrace to ATS. All of you who parade around, posting your negativity. You consistently use your insecurities and flawed belief systems and apply them to the actions of the staff and moderators.

Not true at all many people who commented on the thread did have valid points from their own justification. By accusing others of being a DISGRACE for stating their opinion from their own perceived status is extremely immature, silly and illogical. No other way around it.

I hate censorships of any kind at all, your thread is trying to imply people should not state their views as they feel like it is form of censorship and I DO NOT support this view. People should be allowed to express their views equally and not CENSORED !

[edit on 19-4-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Lets be frank.

The OP is partly (if not mostly) directed at me, since I was a big honking noise in the CC thread. I also know you are talking about a few others who shared common views with me in said thread.

Now...if you will kindly go count how many folks "were insulted or bothered" by the marketing tactics being used for CC, then you will see that dozens and dozens of members have a problem with it.

I have not officially counted the replies...but the majority may rest with the nay-sayers.

So...what I am getting at is this-

Are you calling half that thread of members all disgraces?

Because I'll have you know I got about 30+ U2Us from the nicest people in the world, telling me that what I was saying was "spot on" and that it was very important to express what I was expressing.

Notice that out of my many posts in that thread, only one was removed...why? Because only one of my posts were out of line and against the rules of ATS (my mistake).

Also...just so you know, some staff also sided with the view you find "disgraceful".

So, while you are here complaining about valid arguments that earned the appluads of many members (and a few from mods), why don't you consider your OP directed towards yourself?

I mean...I came and posted in the CC thread because a U2U sent by staff asked me to do so. That was an invite to share my views.

I do not hesitate to share my views...and slanderous threads like these will not slow me down either.

I do agree that the one guy taking pot shots at people's voices was uncalled for.

But aside from him, not a single person was being overly rude or a disgrace to ATS.

Except maybe you...here.

Enjoy your thread that is blatantly trying to ride the coattails of the thread that was closed for bickering.

Hey, with any luck this thread will suffer the same fate.

Good day "Keeper".

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Actually Mr Mask, I agreed with what you said, you weren't being beligerant or overly negative about it. We have our disagreements but this was in no way directed at you.

The overall idea for the thread I had in mind when writting this has gone over people's heads, that's my fault for the poor wording in the OP.

I apologize for that, and I am not trying to ride the coattails of another thread, I just got upset by some of what was said in that thread and others over the past 6 months and just wanted to prove something.

Obviously I have failed.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain

If you visit the Conspiracy Chick thread I completely supported the idea
Post 1 | Post 2 | Post 3 | Post 4

Now that aside I enjoy your threads and your input always but not this time.
First and foremost if you are upset/ angry over other's view perhaps Rant Section is more suitable.

You are a Disgrace to ATS. All of you who parade around, posting your negativity. You consistently use your insecurities and flawed belief systems and apply them to the actions of the staff and moderators.

Not true at all many people who commented on the thread did have valid points from their own justification. By accusing others of being a DISGRACE for stating their opinion from their own perceived status is extremely immature, silly and illogical. No other way around it.

I hate censorships of any kind at all, your thread is trying to imply people should not state their views as they feel like it is form of censorship and I DO NOT support this view. People should be allowed to express their views equally and not CENSORED !

[edit on 19-4-2010 by December_Rain]

I was not trying to censor anybody December, I stated clearly that criticism and positive feedback should very much be encouraged. Negative feedback should be as well, so long as it is constructive.

Just blatantly bashing something for no other reason that to disagree and put people down is what this thread was about. It was also about those who complain about EVERYTHING this site does, regardless of what it is.

Granted I have now realized that there will always be these people on our boards and I should probably be happy that there is a level of dissent here that causes people to change their minds about things and implement new ideas based on those discussions.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by Mr Mask

Actually Mr Mask, I agreed with what you said, you weren't being beligerant or overly negative about it. We have our disagreements but this was in no way directed at you.

Holy crap...really!?

Well then...heck...I'm shocked. Forgive me my mistake.

Like I said, I only saw one guy being overly rude and disgusting. Other then that, everyone agreed or disagreed appropriately.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Perhaps the Chick thread was a bad example to use, but it wasn't just about that one, it was about all of the new things that come to ATS and how I see some of the same members continually disagree with what is being done before it's actually done.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I am just interested to know why another thread on the issue has been created. The Conspiracy Chicks thread was closed because it was getting out of line and too personal, now we have created a new thread that is starting to outline the same issues?

Also, why do I keep hearing "marketing tactics". Conspiracy Chicks has nothing to do with marketing at all.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

You know me, tothetenthpower, down in the thick of it.

People need to realize, typing out comments, content, context, and intent are always misleading, due to the nature of seeing the words, without hearing the voice inflection, and as well the pitch, and a few other things.

Having been in the online environement since AOL was $3.50 an hour, I remember, one thing.

It is just the Internet, and ATS is a wonderful website, it's nothing to get so wrapped up about that anyone has a coronary over, whether agree, disagree, or learn to agree to disagree, ATS is a community.

I love this community, and no one person is better than another, no one.

Not even ATS Administration, they are human too, just like everyone on here.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4bab1daa41a0.gif[/atsimg]

reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

As always, BH, you rock, and so do AshleyD and Asala.

Sound-Effects - Crowd Cheer And Applause

Why do we "Hate" Those With Whom We Disagree?

[edit on 19-4-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Well, I'll speak up. Personally, I found certain comments HYSTERICAL even if that is wrong of me to admit. I'm a very overly sensitive person who is ten times harder on myself than anyone in this world ever could be and I take things harder than I should. But that didn't happen to me today so I'll explain why those comments made me laugh instead of feeling hurt or offended.

There really was nothing sexy about it. Sorry. There wasn't- and I've often been accused of being sexually repressed and prudish around ATS due to my conservative Christian and modest views. There was nothing in it that even made me blush.

No cleavage. No sultry phone sex voices. No 'Hey big boy' facial expressions. Other than the hottie/cutie thing (since removed and only used in the teaser as a bit of levity), there really was nothing that drew attention to our appearance. And even that was so light hearted and brief, I can't imagine anyone seriously claiming that was 'selling sex.'

I still think it comes down to projection. Those that see women as mere sex objects and who believe in their heart there is no such thing as an attractive AND brainy woman just couldn't stand the fact women were speaking up in conspiracy circles. The old joke about how there 'are no women on the internetz' comes to mind.

Right or wrong, that is how many posts came across to me who were so aghast females were on their screen. Since many had the tone 'this is my opinion that I'm entitled to!' I'll be doing the same in this post. In truth, it cracked me up how totally dramatic it was.

Just because it's female doesn't mean it's sex. I definitely see the femininity but anyone who thinks that's women = sex or if it's not Barbara Walters it's not news to be taken seriously, those are your issues to work out. Really. Come on.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

No 'Hey big boy' facial expressions.

Dont kid around AshleyD i know you was giving me those eyes and big boy facial

Dont worry i was giving you them back

cant wait for the full versions

[edit on 19-4-2010 by thecrow001]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Having interacted with you in "other arena's" I can safely say that it is the person and the intellect I respect.

Gender is a very distant consideration, and the same goes for Asala - I'd go so far as to say that gender plays no part in my various interactions with you and Asala.

That goes for all mods.

It was a long time before I found out that nef and masqua were guys - but it still didn't change how I got on with them one single jot.

I find it amazing that some people feel the need to raise a faux politically correct argument, and I can't help but think that if it had been a couple of good looking guys that nothing would have been said - unfortunately, I wasn't available

As a slight aside, given government intervention and PC it was hardly surprising that some people reacted the way they did - but it doesn't make it right, and I find it more than a little disrespectfull of the 2 mods efforts that some would choose to interpret them as simply "eye candy" when I and many others know the very valuable, considered, insightfull and thoughtfull posts and threads they have brought to the boards.

[edit on 19/4/2010 by budski]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I agree with him. some just rip it up because it goes against what they believe. it goes against believed science. if a scientist says some thing is true. does not make it so. it is only part/true until another scientist says some thing new is true. up is only up from your standing position. you are not the only one here. we all have are own up! and you should all respect that. and not shout down any one who says different to you. if some one criticizes your beliefs. dont go in to a zealot mad rage. you may be the one standing on your head! every one should have there say. and not be told off for it. this should be the one last place freedom of speech can be use’d.
and yes I do know I can not spell.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join