It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Complainer--A Conspiracy In The Making.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Alright, I have to address this issue.

I will not name specific members, I do not expect others to do so either, trust me those I am about to address will come here of their own free will and probably do EXACTLY what I am about to discuss.

The ATS Complainer

We all know who they are. These are the members that come to ATS with what seems to be only one goal in mind. To demonize and disrespect those who work hard to make ATS better and more enjoyable for ALL those who frequent the website, member or lurker alike.

These are the members who whenever something new comes to ATS, are the first to jump on the Anti-ATS bandwagon. Pooping where you eat is NEVER a productive thing to do and it seems this is what happens every time.

This is not to say that constructive criticism isn't allowed or even OK. I think it's encouraged on the website. Only when that criticism is directed at the staff and moderators in a respectful and intelligent way.

In a way that shows that they care about ATS and overall direction it is taking moving forward. This is not what we see here.

Let's take the ATS Chicks for example. What was suppose to be a great thing for ATS, which is to say, giving a different perspective from two of the most intelligent and well respected female members of ATS; has turned into an all out poo flinging match against them and the staff in general.

Even AFTER those who are directly involved expressed the fact that they are not personally bothered by the terms being used and the way it is being marketed.

Do you all know how much works into ATS on a daily basis? How much time, money and effort goes into these new special projects to make ATS and even greater place than it already is?

You are a Disgrace to ATS. All of you who parade around, posting your negativity. You consistently use your insecurities and flawed belief systems and apply them to the actions of the staff and moderators.

You'll all become the thing that you swear to fight day in and day out. Those who willfully and knowingly bring negativity to a place where there is SO much already just in the content we discuss.

I am ashamed at the behaviour. So much so, that every now and then I feel the need to apologize FOR you. I did so today. It's our job as members to moderate ourselves and create the environment that WE want on ATS.

These members are preventing us from moving forward. Keeping the status quo alive and preventing a positive evolution of this place.

So come on, come here and PROVE that I am right by again attempting to change the message of this thread to something completely arbitrary and non-rational.

I want to open a discussion about this problem of negativity and the consistent mod/staffer bashing whenever a new thing comes to this place.

As stated in another thread, sometimes I wonder why Bill, Simon and Mark ever bothered to continue after reading some of the nonsense that I have even just today on the boards.

ETA: I admit my language is a bit out line in this thread, mostly the comment about people being disgraceful to the website. I allowed emotion to cloud good judgement on this one. My apologies folks, it's just the way I feel.

Thoughts?

~Keeper

[edit on 4/19/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I think you need to understand that no one is gonna reward you for saying something pro-ats.

Everyone on here is entitled to their own opinion. And it is your opinion is that those people are anti-ats. Well maybe they like ATS so much they want to protect and decency of it and making sure none of the members are being disrespected. Maybe they aren't doing it the right way, but they are only doing what they think is right.

For you to say they are all trolling is ignorant of you.

Get off your high horse. No one here is special.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

you have to remember
that most of these nay-sayers
get a paycheck from big brother
to do just exactly that.
ATS is a target for big brother.
Cointelpro comes to mind.

Glad to know ATS is on the right track
else these big brother bloggers
wouldn't even be here.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I couldn't care less about the #storm in the ATS Chicks thread...

However, I will make one observation...

This isn't the first time I've seen you make a post like this, and frankly, you complaining about people giving their view on something new on the site is petty in the extreme

And rather ironic given the title of your thread...

Feel free not to reply to me if you choose, as I won't be debating this with you or anyone else...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I think we can disagree about things without being mean and acting ugly about it. There's no need in being hateful just because you have a different opinion than someone else. There's no sense in hurting other people's feelings just to get a point across. Thanks for the post.

link   
The thread is quite ironic as all you are doing is complaining.

People are entitled to their opinions.

link   
Well I gave you a flag for this thread but I have to admit I don’t necessarily agree with all of it.

Although some of it I most certainly do and you hit the nail on the head.

But the ATS chicks project for example is where I have the issue as yes I 100% agree and without a shadow of a doubt that some people have seriously gone overboard with some remarkably silly and derogative comments that really are sad to see (considering we are supposed to be adults here and behaving in an adult manner) and those people will no doubt be dealt with.

But then again I strongly think alot of people in that thread are genuinely giving their own opinion on the subject which IMO is perfectly fine and if anything should be promoted.

Although yes I reiterate some have crossed the line but I think most have genuinely just commented just to voice their own opinions in a time where they believe ATS has got it wrong by providing some constructive criticism which Asala and AshleyD seemed to have asked for themselves because they want this to be a success a well as the members.

Maybe I’m being incredibly Naïve to think that some (not all) here are just trying to help but this site is only here so we can voice our opinions on the things we believe in and on topics where we feel something is not right.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by areyosicker
I think you need to understand that no one is gonna reward you for saying something pro-ats.

Everyone on here is entitled to their own opinion. And it is your opinion is that those people are anti-ats. Well maybe they like ATS so much they want to protect and decency of it and making sure none of the members are being disrespected. Maybe they aren't doing it the right way, but they are only doing what they think is right.

For you to say they are all trolling is ignorant of you.

Get off your high horse. No one here is special.

I never used the word trolling and I did express the fact that having your opinion and your own beliefs is fine.

My problem is when consistently, people come here and bash ATS for no other reason than what THEY think is derogatory or wrong, even after those who are affected say that it does not bother them.

I don't expect anybody to come on here and "applaud" me for being pro-ats as you say. I actually give a damn about this community and it bothers me to see so much unfounded negativity.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Complaining about complainers, I should be kicking myself for not realizing the irony sooner.

And this member is a repeat offender no less.

God i love drama.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I agree RA, I have no problem and encourage those to voice their opinions, whether they be with me or against me in any given thread for any given member.

It's the negavity that's the problem. You can give your opinion of whats going on here without being negavtive.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Well you say they Trash it for no reason. It can easily be flipped and said that you praise this site for no reason.

You are trashing them for doing things you find derogatory and wrong. The irony just builds.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
The thread is quite ironic as all you are doing is complaining.

People are entitled to their opinions.

I agree, it is Ironic isn't it?

At least I didn't fill it full of negavity and didn't attack any specific member, I'm attacking a growing trend I see.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by areyosicker

Well you say they Trash it for no reason. It can easily be flipped and said that you praise this site for no reason.

You are trashing them for doing things you find derogatory and wrong. The irony just builds.

I praise ATS because I genuinly enjoy the website and like the fact that it's changing.

That's not to say there aren't things I dislike about the website.

I have voiced my opinion when I needed to complain about something I did not like, but I did it respectfully.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I disagree..

"These members are preventing us from moving forward. Keeping the status quo alive and preventing a positive evolution of this place."

The greatness of this site, is it free. As long as your literate, you can comunicate, express, and what have you, no matter how weird, or sad it reads. Some people seem to have a hard time with the things here, we have some special people here, I do not think we should make them feel like they do not belong, as long they follow the rules. Just being a member of ATS, says something differant about you. I think ATS means more to some people then others, could simply be where they get their social stumili, I am almost positive it is, with some of the debates I have gotten in on this site before. Some people take the topics and idea's for example very serious. Check out the 9-11 catagory, you will see endless arguments and name calling over the who did it and how. Quite frankly I would much rather be on the beach right now drinking a pina colata, and enjoying the sun, then being on call right now. I would not be here. What I mean is their are better things we can be doing, and I question the greatness of our position right, now. That's why I do not take it so serious.

Its no big deal. It will work itself out.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Bicent76]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Well I just had to disagree with your point on the ATS chicks thread to be honest.

Although I do strongly agree with your view that some if not most people here on ATS are just plain pessimistic about dare I say everything and they can somehow find the darkest cloud on the clearest day which is sad yes.

I’m still hopeful though that pessimism just isn’t the future of ATS and yes some topics will always attract that crown as it’s unavoidable but people here seem to actually have fun and that’s what it should be about.

But hey what do I know I’ve only been here a short period of time but I DO enjoy it here and I’d like to carry that on.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

And who are you to judge what is respectful and what is not?

When you reach mod status then you will be able to say who is right and who is wrong. But for now please join us down here and become very aware that no one cares.

The mods will take care of what they see, there is no reason for you to take away from the credibility of a site you "genuinely enjoy" just because you feel the need to act all high and mighty.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Apart from the rude people at the start of the other thread, I saw nothing wrong with people voicing their opinions.
I didn't see it as complaining, There was/is clearly an issue to be discussed.

I think you should name names in this thread, I'd be interested to see who you think was complaining and who, in your opinion, Is a Disgrace

[edit on 19/4/10 by blupblup]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by areyosicker

I knew some members would make this about me instead of the actual topic, way to go.

If you see this as being high and mighty then by all means I am on that pedestal, I don't care.

I am nothing more than a concerned member, who wanted to address a growing trend here on ATS.

I also beg to differ that no on cares.

This is user generated content after all.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by areyosicker

When you reach mod status then you will be able to say who is right and who is wrong. But for now please join us down here and become very aware that no one cares.

I respect the MODS alot but even i know not everything that they do is correct and should be praised.

(they are MODS Not Gods.
)

And why should his opinion be seen as not as important because he is not a MOD??

That makes absoloutely no sense.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

A growing trend, that you are contributing too. Be the change you want to see. Like you said user generated content. Don't scold people. Instead post something worth reading unlike this drivel.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join