It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Complainer--A Conspiracy In The Making.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Just because it's female doesn't mean it's sex. I definitely see the femininity but anyone who thinks that's women = sex or if it's not Barbara Walters it's not news to be taken seriously, those are your issues to work out. Really. Come on.

Are you saying that Barbara isn't hot? For shame. :shk:

I too get tired of the constant complaining of certain members. The work that goes on behind the scenes to keep this site running well is enormous. It wouldn't bother me as much if they contributed anything else but alas, their purpose is to spread their unhappiness to other members.

As to Ash and asala, yes they are gorgeous. They are also smart and compassionate. They're my little sisters here. Don't mess with the Wolverine's family.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

There really was nothing sexy about it. Sorry. There wasn't- and I've often been accused of being sexually repressed and prudish around ATS due to my conservative Christian and modest views. There was nothing in it that even made me blush.

For those of you, if any, who doubt this, I remember when Ashley and I were both relatively new members here on ATS and there was a thread in BTS where members posted photographs of themselves.
Ashley posted an innocent photograph of herself with her baby. (son I think).
She just happened to have a swimsuit on and naturally a few male members commented on how nice she appeared.
Ashley took no offence but was embarrassed and asked for the photo to be taken down, which I think it was.

My point; Ashley is the last person I know who would knowingly use sex, and especially herself, as a marketing tool.

(Hope you remember that thread and don't mind me recalling it here Ashley)

But I do understand the concerns that some members presented.

What really annoyed me was the the repetetive nature of the thread with no-one apparently wanting to acknowledge even the validity of the opposing arguement.

Blah, blah, blah, blah.
Yawn, yawn, yawn!

And as for repeating it here!

However, I think the OP is well intentioned and has admitted that he posted in haste.
Fair play for that indeed.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Its true what your saying.

The only opinion which should matter is the ATS cuties and hotties opinions.
If they think its all fien and dandy who else should care no one other than theirselves

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Jealousy and envy will drive people to piss on even the very best of projects here.

Some people get attention that way, others feel so inferior in their personal lives that it makes them feel superior when they publicly take a piss on the hard work and efforts of others.

Worse yet, some do it just because they can while hiding behind online anonymity.

I thought ATS told its members to ignore these people here?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

No offense whatsoever and that is one of many examples. As a conservative fundamental Christian, I am ALWAYS finding myself on the 'fuddy duddy' side of debates when it comes to sexual topics.

I can think of a ZILLION other examples where I was the fuddy duddy concerning 'sex topics' and heard nothing but loosen up, don't judge, there's nothing wrong with the female body, etc.

So for it to now be 'selling sex' when I'm filmed mostly from the neck up with hair the victim of massive humidity really is laughable to me.

Just being honest here, Guys. I'm a pretty stuffy poster as far as these things go and even I'm left sitting here asking 'Are you serious?'

No hard feelings. Just if that is sexy then I have no hope of ever understanding what sexy is.

That is all I have to say.

[edit on 4/19/2010 by AshleyD]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

I thought ATS told its members to ignore these people here?

Not to derail this thread, but there is a difference between a troll and someone holding an opinion that others don't agree with.

I don't agree with some members opinions in this and another thread, or indeed, many threads - but that doesn't mean their voice should be silenced.

A troll is completely different, and I don't think that members concerns should be considered trollish.

There have been some ill considered posts, but that doesn't mean they are not entitled to their opinion, no matter which side of the fence they are.

It's one of the things that makes ATS a great place, regardless of whether you agree with someone or not.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The plot thickens. Has ATS finally jumped the shark with this Conpiracy Chick thing? Even if they have, management has succeeded in creating a buzz (be it positive, negative or indifferent) and all it took was two hot chicks, a camera and some slick graphics. Yeah, management may act like they're disappointed about the response, but I think that's a bunch of hogwash.

Just shows you how easy it is to get a rise out of people. Even those people who consider themselves immune to such blatantly obvious marketing techniques.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

The old joke about how there 'are no women on the internetz' comes to mind.

Next time someone uses that old slogan show this

[edit on 19-4-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Something to consider.

[edit on 19 Apr 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Don't know if this is where I should say this but-

What I found distasteful has been removed from the prototype advertisement.

I totally support the project now and find nothing wrong with its marketing.

I also find myself on the fuddy-duddy side of many energized topics, so I understand you there.

With all that said, Conspiracy Chicks is GO!

Thank anyone who heard the voices to remove the questionable titles, weather they were inappropriate or not.

Faith restored in the mighty staff, and totally appreciated.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

OMG That is adorable. I want it for my avatar now.

Unfortunately I'm away from the house for a bit and don't have Photoshop on my lap top. But will definitely be snagging that and resizing it properly when I stop by the house next. lol

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Hey I gave you a flag, because I've noticed the same.
I've not been a member for that long, but I'm a good observer and had seen the negativity and complaints- everytime ATS proposes something new.

It's some kind of draining pattern.

I think the owners of the site have a way too much patience!- ... I wouldn't be THAT nice sometimes.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
the enormous amount of time and energy put out by the staff and owners of this website shows in the number of participants and the continued success of ATS. and i for one, being basically retired and lazy, appreciate their work, and hope to be able to come to ATS for a long time.
hazzah!! and hoorah!! to the working members of ATS.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Some people call their complaints opinions, that's fine and dandy, but some of it was just plain mean spirited, that's not acceptable,

And I wasn't surprised by a few of them, because that is their nature on other topics,

[edit on 063030p://bMonday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain

The old joke about how there 'are no women on the internetz' comes to mind.

Next time someone uses that old slogan show this

[edit on 19-4-2010 by December_Rain]

Show them the 4chan Logo for girls?

Why?

No seriously...why?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
There are people with legitimate issues about a site - they are free to talk about it. This is after-all a largely user-generated website.

What's just as annoying as ATS Complainers - Are ATS Suck-Ups who feel obligated to be seen in a positive light by admin and mods.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier

What's just as annoying as ATS Complainers - Are ATS Suck-Ups who feel obligated to be seen in a positive light by admin and mods.

Exactly the point i have been trying to make.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

There are people with legitimate issues about a site - they are free to talk about it. This is after-all a largely user-generated website.

Funny how anybody who agrees with the overall direction of the website and attempts to promote that thought is seen as a brown noser..

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Yes, we discuss it but it becomes a problem when some are shown why X happens then and continue. There's discussion and then there's beating the horse in the ground.

And how would you discern what members were such? I've been doing this for almost 6 years. I've seen them all. Yes, there are some that seem to need attention. Then there are those that love the site and have ideas and put them forth. Again there are others that appreciate ATS and want to contribute to the site and reach out to other members. Those people are benevolent, not "suck ups". It takes a discerning eye to see the difference. I wouldn't throw that title around so cavalierly.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Indeed, also annoying ... folks who try to portray themselves as not caring what anyone thinks of them when they actually do, and try to get some perceived forum street-cred from their fellow malcontents because they are super cutting edge and anti-establishment.

What?
That not what you're doing?

My bad and my apologies.

I guess it's not easy gleaning another person's motives on a forum ...

Perhaps that's something worth considering.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join