It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Complainer--A Conspiracy In The Making.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

It probably would do the thread some good, although openly attacking a member would be against the T&C and I'm not one for breaking the rules.

Like I said, it's nothing to do with people's opinions. I encourage those to voice their concerns, just do it in a positive way, there's no need to put down and berate other people and make a non-issue into a issue.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by areyosicker
reply to post by tothetenthpower

A growing trend, that you are contributing too. Be the change you want to see. Like you said user generated content. Don't scold people. Instead post something worth reading unlike this drivel.

Seemed like it was worth reading to you.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Well agreed.

Some of the posts in that thread were just plain insulting and rude.
There is no need to attack either of the women involved as they are clearly not the issue.

But until we know which posts or members are a disgrace or which have made you start this thread, we can't really discuss this properly I don't think.

Peace

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I did not mean it in that way. I'm very well aware that mods are people like the rest of us. I was simply making a point that the OP is trying to be someone he is not. And is trying to chastise everyone and tell everyone what to do.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Seemed like it was worth reading to you.

~Keeper

Don't kid yourself, this thread is kinda like a car accident. Terrible, but you can not help but watch.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I am just suprised at how serious allot of the members are taking the C.C thread. Allot of wound up members out there.

Willing to bet thou this new show is gonna..

Be A HIT!!

Quite a few of the complainers will be watching I am sure..

and then complain about it..

j/k

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Bicent76]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by areyosicker
reply to post by Rising Against

I did not mean it in that way. I'm very well aware that mods are people like the rest of us. I was simply making a point that the OP is trying to be someone he is not. And is trying to chastise everyone and tell everyone what to do.

Why is it that whenever a member voices his opinion about the problems he sees with the membership he's labeled as high and might and attempting to be a mod?

Yet if I were to complain about the staff or the mods I would be applauded by the membership?

Strange how some people think.

I figured people would see I am simply voicing a concern for a growing trend I see. This thread IS NOT about me. It's about this growing trend.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Exactly what growing trend? That people are complaining about ATS.

Sorry guy, but I've been here for 5 years now and trust me people have been complaining since before me. So this is neither new nor growing trend.

People like you just need something to complain about. Whatever floats your boat.

But as a concerned member that genuinely enjoys this site, please stop wasting bandwidth this this unnecessary discussion.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I agree with blupblup...name names. You aren't attacking them...just sharing your opinion.

I have a feeling I would be on that list because I am not liking the idea...and apparently you are required to love everything ATS does if you are a member of this site...or as Springer implied...you "don't get it".

And when you make a blanket statment like this....you are just spreading propaganda because now anyone can go the the conspiracy chicks thread and see ANYONE they don't agree with and come back here and say "I know EXACTLY who you are talkinga about"....when the two of you may be talking about two different people. So it basically comes across as propaganda...saying that if you disagree with ATS at all on this issue....you are a disgrace.

So if you don't want to name all names...go ahead and let me know if I am one of them...I'm asking you to do so...so no T&C violation. And then show me what I wrote that is a disgrace.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by areyosicker

Well then I apologize for misunderstanding as I thought you were trying to say something that you say you was not.

But I do disagree with your view that he is trying to be someone he is not, he is a member (also we must remember the mods are members as well) and as he himself has stated he is simply showing concern for his fellow members and also no IMO he is not chastising all the members as again he has already stated his reasons in pervious posts in this thread and there is no need for me to say them again.

So I guess we may have to just agree to disagree on this but I do strongly agree with tttp that if we see something that we don’t agree with then we should speak up about it like he has done.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Nope, had not read anything you had posted friend. And you don't need to love it all to "get" ATS, you simply have to be respectfull about what you don't like when voicing your opinion on the matter.

Such a hard concept to understand for some people.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

And this is the problem I see with this post...because when I read your post I'm thinking in my head that I am in this group you are calling out...because I was speaking against the idea of this (not the individuals...but the concept behind it).

I'm thinking blupblup is thinking the same thing...that he is in the group you are talking about. And that is why I don't like these types of posts where a group is called out but not identified...it leaves it open for people to include members on their own that you may not be talking about. And in the end it turns it into an "us" and "them" atmosphere.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I would think the point of ATS is for the personal growth of an individual rather than the lies we want to unravel.

My perception since I arived in 02' and joined in 03' was that people that came here for the right reasons wanted to grow as an individual. People that came here for the wrong reasons never intended to grow, they are the very people that need the Matrix/Gov't Establishment to function, but they are also the same individual that ATS was created for.

I do believe that I understand your point about the ATS Complainer, there are many. Those that are here to teach truth and wisdom are few and far between as well.

But what is a Teacher without a Student? Although we are all students, we have to work at freeing those people who are indoctrinated into a self destructive system? If not, then to what purpose does ATS serve.

I would think the job of the moderators, owners, writers, fighter, ect... are to Spread the Truth and Growth of an individual.

I think if ATS has attracted these "ATS Complainers" it is saying a lot already. Their Curiosity to being here will be a window to free these individuals from the lies and disinformation being spoon feed to them and us every day and help them achieve their wisdom and personal growth as an individual

Fox.

[edit on 4/19/2010 by FoxStriker]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I get what your saying.

But no you nor blublub were a part of the problem as far as I could tell. I won't name specific members because they know who they are, and really there's no need to.

If people want to come here and start naming members they have issues with in regars to this topic, I will alert it. This isn't about attacking any specific member of that group in question.

It's the motivation behind this group and the tactics they use to go about it that is the problem.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

I want to open a discussion about this problem of negativity

Thoughts?

hey to the tenth power

i know what you mean, i can really identify with where you are coming from with your original post

that being said, i've always found negativity to be as enlightening as positivity... so long as balance as acheived somewhere in the middle

what i mean is, we are born into this life and when we use up the oxygen in our lungs that were given to us in our mothers, the first thing we do is breathe in.. the last thing we do when we die is breathe out.

breaths in, and breaths out are total opposites, but they are neccessary in equal amounts in order to survive

we can see, of course, that if we spent more time breathing in we might be more healthy, after all breathing IN is actually how we intake nutrients from the air, but if we tried to breath in only and never breathe out...

we'd die

this is a very simple and age tested zen philosphy, it can be translated to anything, anywhere, anytime...

i aggree with you, to the tenth power, that ats is runing amock
but in the end i don't let that stuff bother me hahahahaahhaha

nice post

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Well apart from the rude guy and a couple of people mocking Asala's accent, I saw nothing in that thread that was disgraceful or nothing that would make me want to start a thread about it.

I couldn't give a crap whether or not I'm on "The list"... I usually am so It's all good... I just find the wording in the OP very odd.

Disgraceful... The people that were complaining weren't really the ones who were being out of order, It was really those that were there just to ridicule the girls and their accents.

The one thing I found disgraceful was that someone said that Asala sounds like she has Cerebral Palsy.... that was a disgusting comment.

But to make a thread about the "complainers" and basically make it so ambiguous that it could apply to anyone complaining on that thread, Is a fairly silly thing to do.

Tell me who they are via U2U and I'll out them, even If I'm one of them.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
what i'm trying to say is

be extremely happy you are the breath IN

and allow those who are the breath out to exist so that you can further your own breath

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I agree that my wording may have been a tad out of line. Especially the disgracefull part, and I won't edit it just because I feel that would be a cop out.

People who have a problem with the wording have merit, I will fully agree.

I wrote the thread and kind of let my emotions into the fray, which I should not do, as I preach that all the time.

So my apologies if I offend anybody, those who I consider disgraceful are those you mentioned that belittled and insulted the girls for no reason.

Those who voiced a respectfull opinion of worry I have no problem with, other than they seem to gang together and create issues out of non-issues.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Their are givers and takers in this world..

take that to heart, and you can see the World..

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
(DP)

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Bicent76]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join