It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does Obama Bow Like a Weakling?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
wow...this is the dumbest nit picking of obama ever. seriously, this isn't ATS material at all!

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

More often than not, the bow was reciprocated as a sign of mutual respect for each other's skills.

In this case, it was not. That should speak volumes.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Obama's bows are symbolic. He is not just bowing for himself or out of oafishness. He is bowing for the American people. Notice who he bows to. He bowed to the English Royalty. He bowed very low. It is some kind of promise to put the American people back under their feet. He bowed very low to the Japanese. He bowed low to the Arabs. This is to assure them that he acknowledges their role in the new government
His bow is like the NWO hand signs and special handshakes.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by m khan]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Sigh... here we go again. The weekly bashing of Obama happens to be an oldie but a goodie, right?

Seriously, this is just ridiculous. There are plenty (PLENTY) of legitimate things to criticize Obama over, the least of which is his bowing to foreign leaders. Why must we resort to this nonsense??

Bowing is a tradition in the Asian cultures, as well as Indian (Hindu) culture. It shows that you are humbled in the presence of whoever it is you are bowing to. It shows respect. It shows gratitude (for hospitality for example). There is nothing wrong with bowing out of respect for a foreign leader who is used to such in his own country. Just as we shake hands in Western Culture, they bow in Eastern Culture. Please, stop compromising our reputation on ATS because you think it's wrong for our President to bow (I seriously cannot determine the logic behind criticizing anyone for bowing to a Japanese, Chinese, Korean, or other foreign leader other than pure hatred for Obama).

I do not like Obama, for many reasons. But why must we resort to this nonsense? Please someone, explain.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I am not American.
I am asian myself and from my point of view, it took a really brave man to bow like that when you are a leader of a country.
This may not benefit the US, but Obama is most love all over the world, except (maybe) in the USA itself

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix Rising

Why is Obama always bowing?

Today he bowed to the Chinese President and it's the front story on Drudge.

drudgereport.com...

Doesn't he realize he's the President of the United States?

I think it shows weakness. These guys laugh in the face of weakness. I know many liberals and progressives think that if we make them like us more by showing weakness they will give us something. That's just silly.

Please stop with the bowing.

www.chicagonow.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Matrix Rising]

Its a cultural thing. He is adapting to the people he is around to best fit the cultural expectations. Notice you didnt see him bowing to any westerners. thats because we dont bow, at all. maybe its saying that all westeners are disrespectful, who knows. The Real question is why is this in Political Breaking News? an even better question, why is it on drudge? Clearly the people who make a big deal about this have ZERO culture.

link   

reply to post by Awolscout

Give me a break.

He can show him respect by shaking his hand.

He doesn't have to bow to the guy.

We need tough sanctions on Iran and China and Russia are standing in the way.

You can be cordial to the guy without bowing and kissing his ***

Someone needs to go back to their beauty rest because you're still desperately asleep.

Go ahead and bitch about China and Russia. To date, we're lucky that they haven't decided to pull our financial cards for being such huge deadbeats and ruining the world economy.

With the amount of money that we owe China, a bow is the least that our president can do to continue good relations. People like you are the one's that give our country a bad name, and one day, someone will step up to the plate and hand us our asses. We won't be on top forever, and when the fall happens, it will be the ugliest thing in world history.

It makes me ashamed to be an American and to share the same country with someone who has no respect for others, because when this place gets cleansed one day, I don't want to be put in the same pile as those who tout their arrogance so shamefully.

Think of my post what you will, and I'm sure that you'll have a smart comment in return, but, it will be filled with the same arrogance that got you started on this thread in the first place. Therefore, I wouldn't expect a response from me, because to involve myself in a flame war only demonstrates my arrogance and pride. You need to learn some discipline and realize that we're not in a race to control the world. America is very fragile right now, and to show respect to others strengthens us in the eyes of our allies and enemies alike. To do the opposite is asking for a butt whipping.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by EvolvedMinistry]

link   
Really? This again? And you're all swallowing the troll, hook line and sinker.

It's bad enough half the top threads everyday are all "Obama derp de derp Obama", but it's not even anything new about him. Just recycled garbage that's either proven to be lies, or some pathetic angle that's already been talked about ad nauseum.

Every site that has a majority of US users has degenerated into this weak, played out, childishness. I think i speak for the rest of the world when i say I'm so bored with the USA.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Obama sycophants are really sad.

Why didn't previous President's bow to these leaders? Why didn't they bow to Chinese leaders and Saudi Princes like Barack "take a bow" Obama.

It has nothing to do with a sign of respect.

Obama shows respect just by shaking their hand. He's the President of the United States and Presidents throughout the years have shown leaders respect without bowing.

I think this shows that we truly have to thank God for the Constitution. Without it a dictator could easily come to power because of blind sycophants in the democrat and republican party.

Obama is bowing like crazy and it makes him look very weak.

He bows to Communist leaders but treats are allies like garbage.

This is why when Obama went to China they didn't show him any respect. Even the liberal NYT noticed how they boxed Obama in like a little kid when he went over there.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
OP, are you aware that he bows to the japanese emperor?
Japan aint communist, and its not china either. It is one of your allies
Now delete this thread and get some education

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

So the other guy didn't bow in return. You're right, but the point I am making is that it shows respect and is also a greeting.

Nice meeting you,

Good day.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Why Does Obama Bow Like a Weakling?

www.chicagonow.com

And for the award for the bowing-est president evah goes to: Barack Hussein Obama. Give him a round of applause, folks.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen and Democrats, too, this most supplicating of all president is at it again, bowing to the Chinese in a recent meeting. What is wrong with this man?

Here are the "best hits" of our weakling president lowering himself and our nation in front of kings, tyrants and foreigners the world over...
(visit the link for the full news article)

All I can say is ROFL @ your comment. Weakling? ROFL. Obama may be weak, but bowing before people does not make him so. Obama is only weak because of his evil policys and support and him being catalyst of a World Order.

This Bowing act was a sign of Flattery to gain support of the peoples of the world, or at least particularily Japan. Im sure the PM already supported Obama, but not all Japanese do.

This is a step towards All around Obama Support by the Majority of the world.
In a democracy, as long as in everyone in the country or 51%+ majority agrees, the other 49% are forced to follow the same rules. So if you brainwash the children into following a certain agenda, you will get that majority of support and as long as its a democracy, your stuck with whatever the 51% wants

The Antichrist or the Beast described in Daniel is said to "..... by peace shall destroy many:..." Daniel 8:25

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I snagged this tidbt on bowing as related to Japanese culture. I find the bolded section interesting. Now, I guess someone can measure the degree of his bow.

The most informal bow is a bend of about 15 degrees for a casual greeting. In casual daily life situations, bowing is often a nod of the head. The most common type of bow is done to a 30-degree angle to greet customers or to thank someone. It's often seen in Japanese business situations. A more formal way of bowing is performed to a 45-degree angle looking down at your feet. This type of bow signifies deep gratitude, a respectful greeting, a formal apology, asking for favors, and so on.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by decadence

Thank you for your educated perspective.
It is also the opinion of many of us here in the US that bowing out of respect to another country's leader is a brave and honorable thing to do. His intention is respect, no matter how his critics see it. And who can fault him for showing respect? Those that do have a hidden agenda.
Or maybe not so hidden....

I don't remember them being so critical when GW Bush held hands with and kissed the Saudi crown prince - You know, the country where Osama Bin Laden was born...

Obama is loved here, too. He is also hated by some. And they have the loudest and harshest voices.

Anyone who has a dog in their avatar gets respect from me.

Originally posted by Risen
It's bad enough half the top threads everyday are all "Obama derp de derp Obama", but it's not even anything new about him. Just recycled garbage that's either proven to be lies, or some pathetic angle that's already been talked about ad nauseum.

It's an opinion piece, not news... and with a blog as the source... :shk: Embarrassing!

Obama sycophants are really sad.

Does it make you feel good to mis-characterize people like that? Make you feel smart? You keep telling yourself that anyone who doesn't hate and ridicule Obama at every single opportunity, no matter how stupid and trivial, is a sycophant. Embrace ignorance.

Why didn't previous President's bow to these leaders? Why didn't they bow to Chinese leaders and Saudi Princes like Barack "take a bow" Obama.

Because they were too busy playing kissy face and hand-holding?

It has nothing to do with a sign of respect.

That's not for you to say. Who are you? You don't know his mind.

He's the President of the United States and Presidents throughout the years have shown leaders respect without bowing.

Change!

Obama is bowing like crazy and it makes him look very weak.

Not to me. Not to lots of people. Not to the Asian person posting in this thread. It makes him look humble, strong, brave and respectful of others. Different perspectives, I guess.

[edit on 4/13/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by tektek2012
reply to post by Matrix Rising

why wouldn't he bow in a country where its common practice?

Answer: this latest example of "Bow-gate" happened here in the U.S. at the nuclear summit held in Washington D.C., where it is NOT common practice.

Next feeble attempt at defending obama's subservient actions ...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Or how about this?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3b4ac7da7146.jpg[/atsimg]

So, Obama bows to China, but to our neighbor and ally to the North, he points his finger at his face. Since when is pointing (at anyone) a sign of courtesy...and at an ally no less.

And what do you say of the Canadian PM? Is he bowing? He's certainly looking down.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by magnetix
reply to post by centurion1211

So the other guy didn't bow in return. You're right, but the point I am making is that it shows respect and is also a greeting.

Nice meeting you,

Good day.

Thanks for agreeing. All that's been posted on "bowing etiquette" shows that it should be mutual and not one-sided - which shows subservience.

Nice meeting you, too.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
You guys are getting all your talking points from the front page of the Drudge Report.
Man, he is like the Pied Piper.

- Lee

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

OH MY GOD!!!

-tears a handful of hair out and runs around smacking into a wall-

The President showed respect for the traditions of another culture on their home soil!

We are done for!

Look folks...it's no hidden secret that I did vote Obama...it's also no hidden secret that I am not happy with some of the things he has done. With that said...Really?? This is what we can pick on him for?

Clearly you've never taken martial arts before...a bow is respect...not weakness

BAM!

Holding hands!

Vaatican owns us as well

and a few more...just for good measure

Eisenhower, Nixon...yup...clearly Obama is the only one

Bows

-Kyo

[edit on 13-4-2010 by KyoZero]

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join