It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does Obama Bow Like a Weakling?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Oh...I mean, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The man bowed to show some decency and politeness...but apparently that just makes you a "weakling" in this day an age, because everyone are opportunists...get the #@!$ over it man...he bent forward, OMFG, lets have a 9 page discussion on it...

Holy crap...*ultimate face palm*

[edit on 13/4/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by StevenX101
Anyone who thumbed up the argument to defend this deflating thread about Obama being the 7th president to bow in China are now begining to try and tell us that Chinese do now bow.

The argument that you are hoping to put together that people in China do not bow is pretty funny and desperate.

No one said that the people of china do not bow ...

Your not entitled to your own facts

Because any idiot knows Chinese bow

Again, no one said that. And now the name calling by the new member starts because he's not getting his way.

even Sarah Palin would know that

No doubt Palin does know that.

No doubt Palin - unlike you - also realizes that for all your comments about chinese people bowing, the chinese leader DID NOT bow to obama. There was no reciprocal bow by the chinese leader. Just obama acting subservient.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

If you are so uninformed that you lose sleep over Obama greeting the Chinese leader then nobody can help you

First you insult the man. Then you make an assumption on which you based yet another insult.

So you think this whole 'civility and decorum' thing just isn't for you or something?

It would be nice to read your posts on this matter without all the insults.

(That's just a suggestion, but you're managing to fit two insults into one sentence, so maybe you should refrain for awhile)
=

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Anyone who thumbed up the argument to defend this deflating thread about Obama being the 7th president to bow in China are now begining to try and tell us that Chinese do now bow.

The argument that you are hoping to put together that people in China do not bow is pretty funny and desperate.

Your not entitled to your own facts

Because any idiot knows Chinese bow

even Sarah Palin would know that

You have obviously never visited China.
No one bows to anyone there. They shake hands just like the western world. Go there and see for yourself like I have
Where did you get your so called facts from?
Servants in old Chinese movies will bow to the master of the house, but today's people there never bow. You really should get more educated

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Yea ,Bow Like a Weakling while he test fires a Trident Nuclear missile.
lmao this was not meant just for Iran's eyes...thread how weak

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by magnetix
Before everyone begins bashing Obama and his bowing, it's important to know that one must always bow when greeting another, it shows respect. You would see this happening everyday if you've ever lived in Asian countries such as Japan, India, China, and some Middle Eastern countries. In America it's done with a handshake.

Stop your bickering and read about other cultures and life. The United States of America isn't the only country on this planet.

Yo, magnetix ...

All true about what the other cultures do.

Where your "logic" falls apart is that the ONLY person doing the bowing is NOT asian and the asians involved are NOT bowing in return.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Its just a gesture of greeting for crying out loud it does not mean that Obama will support his policy.

Obama has shown through his policy that he does not support CHINAS HUMAN RIGHTS

If you are so uninformed that you lose sleep over Obama greeting the Chinese leader then nobody can help you

Thanks for sharing your views on the matter. I will have to respectfully disagree with you though. I am by no means uninformed.
I did not comment on Obama's policies. I clearly stated my "Personal" view of bowing to the despot whose country violates basic human rights.
You may feel comfortable bowing to such a man and that's your prerogative, but I was raised to take a stand against tyrants wherever they may be found. But that's just me. Welcome to ATS. I look forward to your future posts.

[edit on 4/13/2010 by Sparky63]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
matrix, people who think like you are a bad example; its the difference that threatens you just because its not preferable to your own way. Im glad he did bow we need people like that who are conscientious and show respect the right way. He is no weakling I bet he is a much stronger minded person then you and I am no obama fan by the way. People need a peaceful frame of mind instead of all of this egotistical competitive depraved nonsense.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
In case you all have convieniently not heard or decided not to insert into your posts.

Obama got China to ally with us to pressure Iran more to drop their program.

I think instead of whining about someone bowing we should focus on Iran and its Nukes.

BTW you might feel clear minded if you tune off FOX news, Glenn Beck, and Rush Scumbaugh

You might feel less dellusional and paranoid if you also turned of Alex the Waco Jones

Its good for the sould to tune them out

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by metamagic
You have got to be kidding... bowing is a sign of weakness? That has got to be one of the most ignorant and ethnocentric biases ever.

Tell you what, you come with me to the dojo, and when my seriously experienced hand to hand combat instructor bows to you, please do tell him to his face that he is showing weakness. I'll bring popcorn because the next few minutes should be entertaining. Well maybe not so much for you.

Still missing the point - and big time.

Your "dojo" bows to you out of respect and so you return the bow also out of respect. It's not one-sided with either of you laughing at the other or with a WTF expression on your face.

The difference is quite clear ...

Oh, and remember the photo of obama bowing to the mayor of Tampa just because he thought she looked asian (but isn't)? Explain that one again ...

Another "bow-gate" example

[edit on 4/13/2010 by centurion1211]

No the point was bowing=weakness. Not missed at all.

Mind you if your point is to bash someone and spew hateful political rhetoric, yes I deliberately missed that point since I find the current level of hatred and xenophobia in US politics to be at the level of national psychosis.

I know you will try and find ANY way to twist what I said into political baiting, but my point, that the equating of bowing with weakness is just plain hilarious and soooo wrong still stands.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by metamagic]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I would hardly ever support Obama. He still operates business as usual, just not as hardcore as Bush did. But don't worry, the next president will pick up the slack as per usual in the past 100 years or so.

That being said. This is stupid. I would have done the same, to humbly extend the courtesy of greeting them as according to their culture.

OP, you have some serious issues. Politics isn't about being the meanest dog on the street. If you want to be a hood rat, go sell some crack on the corner, and you act as tough as you want to, maybe no one will bother you and you'll be successful to boot, eh?

Adults, will act like adults. Not schoolyard children.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by UfoSpecial

No one bows to anyone there. They shake hands just like the western world. Go there and see for yourself like I have
Servants in old Chinese movies will bow to the master of the house, but today's people there never bow. You really should get more educated

I have to agree. I have about 200 employees in Beijing. I have been traveling back and forth for 10 years now. I have never bowed to them and they have never bowed to me. A nod of the head and a handshake are the common forms of greetings. Bowing is not the norm. I also have witnessed first hand the atrocious effects of communism and a trampling of even the most basic human rights.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Very clearly nobody has yet to post any good points on why Obama "saying hello" in Chinese by bowing like Bush and Reagan and Cheney did is wrong.

The facts show that Obama is defending America stonger than the last 4 presidents.

Bowgate makes Obama look good by discrediting the sniveling few who are upset over Obama's popularity

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
This is really getting to the point of absurdity. It's just any and every thing this man does is called out as being "weak", "unamerican" or what have you. He bowed to the Chinese because that is their custom and he was simply honoring it. Pretty classy if you ask me. All the nitpicking is nothing more than veiled racism. Some people just can't stand the idea that a man of color is POTUS.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63

Originally posted by UfoSpecial

I have to agree. I have about 200 employees in Beijing. I have been traveling back and forth for 10 years now. I have never bowed to them and they have never bowed to me. A nod of the head and a handshake are the common forms of greetings. Bowing is not the norm. I also have witnessed first hand the atrocious effects of communism and a trampling of even the most basic human rights.

Obama's policy and diplomacy has taken a hard stance against Chinese Human Rights violations.

Hillary Clinton has done more than any previous SoS to defend human rights in China.

BOWGATER's and FOX make America weak
Obama is a strong president
Facts are on my side

[edit on 13-4-2010 by StevenX101]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix Rising
Give me a break.

He's the President of the United States.

Look him in the eye and shake his hand. All of this bowing is just silly and it's sad how people will make excuses for these politicians just because they support him.

You think the Chines leader is going back to China and saying we will support the United States with tougher sanctions on Iran because this guy takes a bow?

They are probably laughing about it.

Enough is enough.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Matrix Rising]

Exactly he's the president of the united states, and we have much bigger things to worry about in the world, and all your worrying about is making a big deal about is him bowing? lmao

Seriously how petty is this?

People find anything to complain about these days, why so negative?
Why so serious.

And yes enough is enough, get over it.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I am glad my president does not act like a little kid and worry about bowing when what he is supposed to do is get the job done.

so far he is getting the job done
and doing a good job

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
notice the OP just posted this silly thread and left and has yet to post anything to defend this silly thread

the OP is probably thinking up a new juvenile thread to make up for this failed one

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join