It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does Obama Bow Like a Weakling?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
Or how about this?

So, Obama bows to China, but to our neighbor and ally to the North, he points his finger at his face. Since when is pointing (at anyone) a sign of courtesy...and at an ally no less.

And what do you say of the Canadian PM? Is he bowing? He's certainly looking down.

Not sure what your agenda was in posting this, but it perfectly proves the point many of us are trying to make.

Looking at the picture, no one would mistake who's in charge and who's subservient.

So, again, why does obama choose to play the subservient role with asian leaders, or people like the Tampa mayor that obama just thinks might look like an asian.

[edit on 4/13/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I snagged this tidbt on bowing as related to Japanese culture. I find the bolded section interesting. Now, I guess someone can measure the degree of his bow.

The most informal bow is a bend of about 15 degrees for a casual greeting. In casual daily life situations, bowing is often a nod of the head. The most common type of bow is done to a 30-degree angle to greet customers or to thank someone. It's often seen in Japanese business situations. A more formal way of bowing is performed to a 45-degree angle looking down at your feet. This type of bow signifies deep gratitude, a respectful greeting, a formal apology, asking for favors, and so on.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Freenrgy2]

Interesting.
The point made is that Bowing is customary in Japan. But Obama was not in Japan. They were in Washington! It seems everyone wants to state that bowing is customary in "Asian" cultures, as if they all had one set of rules or customs.

In spite of what you have seen in the Kung fu movies, bowing is not a customary form of greeting in China. Japanese & Chinese customs are completely different. Unfortunately most Americans are unaware of this.

Obama bows now in order to continue the pattern he set when he bowed to the Saudi King. Rather than admit that he botched it royally he has made a conscience effort to turn a sows ear into a silk purse by spinning it to make him look respectful.
I find it quite humorous.

[edit on 4/13/2010 by Sparky63]

link   

So, Obama bows to China, but to our neighbor and ally to the North, he points his finger at his face. Since when is pointing (at anyone) a sign of courtesy...and at an ally no less.

And what do you say of the Canadian PM? Is he bowing? He's certainly looking down.

You have zero context for this photo other than the one Matt Drudge fed you.
You take one look at this picture and assume Obama is berating the Canadian PM when it is just a single snapshot.

For all you know, they shook hands earlier and at this point he is telling the PM that he has a piece of lint in his hair.

- Lee

link   
Last I checked it is respectful and customary to bow in the Asiatic countries. Just because he's the American president doesn't mean he needs to be a disrespectful ass, whose full of arrogance and ignorance.

I can't stand this administration, but this is one issue that I believe people are wrong and are just trying to find something to bitch about.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by gnosis111

I think it's amazing that even some who disagree with Obama find this out of line

well said...as much as I did vote for Obama...I think there is alot more to pick on then a bow...especially since it has been going on for a while

-Kyo

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Holy cow people why did we elect such a wuss! He's hard against his own people, example: introducing our coming new "value added tax" this last week, yet he is so weak and frail to our lords and masters the chinese!

Again I just wanna say thank you to all those here who voted this retard into office. We are going to be so much better for it down the road with the deficit at 20 trillion by 2020, 90% of our GDP going to just pay the interest on that debt, oh ya and the Dumb-o-crats will still be in office telling us that the lemons we are being handed are truly great for making lemon-aid.

Hail to the Moron and Chief!

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

OH MY GOD!!!

-tears a handful of hair out and runs around smacking into a wall-

The President showed respect for the traditions of another culture on their home soil!

Obama was not on the Chinese Presidents home soil. They were in Washington. Just a small point but according to the current line of reasoning shouldn't US standards for greeting (Handshake) been applied?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Once again... just because someone looks asian doesnt make him "chinese"

Its the japanese emperor, as you can clearly see from the womans clothes...

Meh why even bother... im out of this thread.

Too much ignorance

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
You people are actually getting bent out of shape because the president bowed? Really?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

ok...corrected...I can take my corrections...but let's look again...Eisenhower, Nixon, Bush

all the same thing...why we erupt over this? Because he is the flavor of the day

IMO of course

-Kyo

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero
ok...corrected...I can take my corrections...but let's look again...Eisenhower, Nixon, Bush

all the same thing...why we erupt over this? Because he is the flavor of the day

IMO of course

-Kyo

I agree. It is easy to pile on and nitpick everything Obama does.
And you are correct that other Presidents have done the same.
Well, maybe not Reagan.

In the grand scheme of things it is probably meaningless. 50 years from now no one will probably remember any of this.

I don't like the idea of any president be they Democrat or Republican bowing to foreign rulers, but that is just my personal view. Bowing to despots & tyrants is not my cup of tea.
However, I am no politician nor am I impressed by those in power.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Curious thread, though I have yet to see anything wrong with bowing. It is a sign of respect in many cultures, similar to the western ideal of shaking hands. Bowing to a monarch is very formal, I agree, yet a meeting between government officials IS, am I not correct in saying, a formal setting? Would refusing to bow not make your president seem abrupt and impolite? If leaders are shown to be reverent to each other, then they set a good example to the people.

If you believe showing respect is wrong to a tyrant, on the other hand, this opens a new topic of interpretation. If you fail to show respect it may make matters worse, and if you do show respect it may anger the people. Would you have an alternative? Why should your president be meeting with a tyrant in the first place? But bowing before someone such as the emperor of Japan is reverent and correct; failing to do so can show a lack of both respect and manners IMHO.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
and THAT post deserves a star

I almost completely disagree with you because I think it's respectful but you said the magic word...opinion

I just cannot fathom why with a watered down healthcare bill that a bow means anything...but alot of the other posters don't seem to wanna talk about the other POTUS' doing it because it hurts their attempt on Obama-bashing

again...my opinion

But like I said...we are here in the land of the free...good for you for having an opinion sharing it without getting emotional

that's precisely why I said all that...this place is way too stinking emotional and we get bent out of shape over a bow

well...I suppose any chance to bash the current pres is a good one -shrug-

with that said...maybe you do have a point. I am reasonable enough...maybe since we were on our soil they should have acclimated to our traditions...that being a handshake...regardless...I can't see where 'weak' comes into this

-Kyo

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Again, I know everyone skipped my first post on this since I got not 1 responce. Obama uses Flattery to gain support from people all over the world.

He knows the people of the USA are stuck with him and trapped within his borders and jurisdiction. The Beast aka ANTICHRIST from Daniel is said to".... Through Peace Destroy Many...." Basically take the world by Flattery.

NWO
NWO
/\/ \/\/ () !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you dont get it... you soon will.... NEW WORLD ORDERNEW WORLD ORDER THERE WILL BE, WE MUST HAVE, THE WORLD CALLS FOR.... A NEW WORLD ORDER
If you read into conspiracy and Bible prophecy, this stuff is VERY PLAIN and SIMPLE. to the unknowing you are busy fighting amongst eachother.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by KilluminatisRex

well then...Eisenhower, Nixon and Bush did the same thing

-Kyo

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by endtimer
You answered your own question. He is the weakest prez since
all time began.

Yeah, he also got the weakest US in all times. He just act accordingly. If you're not on the top of your game lower your ego and start playing from below. Honestly, he is doing the right thing, keep the redneck way of "bow to no one, respect no one, I'm better than anyone else" and everything will crumble in no time.

I'm sick and tired of you guys complaining for the most meaningless crap one could do.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

As they say a picture is worth a thousand words and this thread has way surpassed that...don't you think!

I find this whole scenario trivial. But, don't dare support this bow and then say I take the finger-pointing photo out of context. Both are photos that be taken differently and mean different things as this thread has proved.

Next thing you'll be telling me is that I don't know what the definition of the word 'is' is.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
First it's because he is "their" person. Put into office by countless corps and power players.
Second is because he is a Muslim at heart and he can't hide it too well. Bowing in kindness but as well as to show his devotion to TPTB.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I will also add you guys are so goddamn racist if you think that bowing a sign of weakness. By that logic, doesn't that mean you find asian countries weak?

and if you say yes, you know nothing about our financial situation.

Bowing is a sign of respect, any American who takes 5 minutes to study other cultures would know that.

/oh and we owe china billions. I'd be doing ten kinds of bowing to whomever I owed that much money to.

edit: because this thread actually got this bad

[edit on 13-4-2010 by piddles]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

precisely, its about politics, and support. Bush got the country to accept the patriot act through fear of 9/11 which is suspected to be set up by or own government. if I knew more about what the past presidents got passed, I would have even more concrete evidence. The GOAL of the NWO is to put and RFID chip in everyone. and to put all currency into these chips. To buy and sell only with an implanted chip. Without it you will be rejected and more then likely imprissoned. WE ARE NOT FAR OFF WAKE UP FOLKS WATCH THIS VID.... an Interview With Aaron Russo Before he died in 2007. This video was just released in 2009.

P.S. I already knew about the RFID chip plan before I saw this video. It was just more concrete evidence for me

[edit on 13-4-2010 by KilluminatisRex]

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join