It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does Obama Bow Like a Weakling?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
ok we can see that respect doesnt fit into the OP's mind , it shows signs of weakness !

well lets appeal to his strong mind

bruce lee , the best fighter in the world , bowed to everyone !

there ya go !

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Oh thank god we do not have this weak person as our commander in chief anymore. There is a reason why Obama won in a landslide victory.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by StevenX101]

[edit on 13-4-2010 by StevenX101]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

for those of you trying to derail this thread how do you explain obama kissing the Saudi Arabian king's hand? plz, try and think outside the box, I must admit that it isn't just Obama, its the last several puppet Presidents that we have had, all needing knee pads, all shills! i will leave it at that

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by allprowolfy
reply to post by sapien82

for those of you trying to derail this thread how do you explain obama kissing the Saudi Arabian king's hand? plz, try and think outside the box, I must admit that it isn't just Obama, its the last several puppet Presidents that we have had, all needing knee pads, all shills! i will leave it at that

I like you have been looking for anything just anything I can google about Obama that I can criticize. After a while I got tired of finding nothing, nothing at all that I could criticize Obama for.

I searched for a scandal or something conspiritoral to make Obama look bad I listened to Alex the Waco Jones and got scared to death and paranoid.

After a long time I have found nothing on google or anywhere to bash Obama on.

Therefore I am now a big supporter of Obama due to a lack of corruption in his presidency

SM2

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
it really doesnt matter how harmless you think it is, or how its a friendly gesture or a show of respect. it comes down to the presidential code of conduct policy that is written by the State Department, for over 200 years it has said that presidents will not bow to anyone. Now, let me clear this up, anyone means ANYONE. I didnt like it when other have done it, and I dont like it now. it does show a lack of strength, which is why the state department said dont do it. Bowing is more then showing respect, the depth of the bow can show subserviance, such as almost touching nose to boot as he has a habit of doing.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
You have got to be kidding... bowing is a sign of weakness? That has got to be one of the most ignorant and ethnocentric biases ever.

Tell you what, you come with me to the dojo, and when my seriously experienced hand to hand combat instructor bows to you, please do tell him to his face that he is showing weakness. I'll bring popcorn because the next few minutes should be entertaining. Well maybe not so much for you.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Attack his policies, the Bills he backs, his political ideologies, but this is just schoolyard name calling.

Schoolyard name calling? What? How?

Guess you don't see that showing subservience to other world leaders is also one of obama's "policies". Remember, obama campaigned on a promise to make other countries like America again? Well, this seems to be how he thinks he will accomplish that. Still don't see why just acting as an equal is not good enough.

And for all you "two wrongs somehow make it right" people posting pictures of Bush, those made me cringe back then and they still do now.

BTW, did any of YOU complain about those Bush pictures back then. Hypocrisy alert if you did.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

So, just because your some high end king or queen or some important president from a word of mouth country, now all of a sudden your better than everybody else. Don't feed the masses what they want. No one is better than anyone else and the reason he bows is out of respect.
It doesnt show a sign of weakness, but a sign of respect. Don't let your ego get to your head now.

Peace!

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Awolscout

Originally posted by Matrix Rising

He's the President of the United States.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Matrix Rising]

Really? Wooptie freaking doo. Who care's a bow in China is a traditional sign of respect, it's this whole attitude that's gotten our country so hated recently. That whole he's the president so he shouldn't great others with respect thing is pure grade A Bull... well you know.

If it's not one thing it's another, I might not be Obama's biggest fan, but find some sort of legitimate reason to criticize him. Nowadays it seems like if he woke up on the right side of the bed as opposed to the left everyone would be up in arms.

You are flat out wrong here. You are just guessing people in China bow to each other because of some old movie or western stereotypes.
In fact, the people in China DO NOT bow to each other.
I have been to China four times and have never seen anyone bow.
People shake hands there the same as here in the USA.
I have also asked Chinese people while in China why they never bow and they laugh and say I must think that because of some old hollywood movie.
People need to do their own research and not just guess just becauase they are defending their political hero.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Attack his policies, the Bills he backs, his political ideologies, but this is just schoolyard name calling.

Schoolyard name calling? What? How?

Guess you don't see that showing subservience to other world leaders is also one of obama's "policies". Remember, obama campaigned on a promise to make other countries like America again? Well, this seems to be how he thinks he will accomplish that. Still don't see why just acting as an equal is not good enough.

And for all you "two wrongs somehow make it right" people posting pictures of Bush, those made me cringe back then and they still do now.

BTW, did any of YOU complain about those Bush pictures back then. Hypocrisy alert if you did.

No, today Obama geniusly got China to help us put sanctions on Iran to double our power and influence on Iran.

You see this is what real international diplomacy is about and its really how Obama is being so sucessful in keeping America safe.

Obama strong leader with a brain-----Bush strong leader AN IDIOT

there is a difference

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by metamagic
You have got to be kidding... bowing is a sign of weakness? That has got to be one of the most ignorant and ethnocentric biases ever.

Tell you what, you come with me to the dojo, and when my seriously experienced hand to hand combat instructor bows to you, please do tell him to his face that he is showing weakness. I'll bring popcorn because the next few minutes should be entertaining. Well maybe not so much for you.

Still missing the point - and big time.

Your "dojo" bows to you out of respect and so you return the bow also out of respect. It's not one-sided with either of you laughing at the other or with a WTF expression on your face.

The difference is quite clear ...

Oh, and remember the photo of obama bowing to the mayor of Tampa just because he thought she looked asian (but isn't)? Explain that one again ...

Another "bow-gate" example

[edit on 4/13/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Anyone who thumbed up the argument to defend this deflating thread about Obama being the 7th president to bow in China are now begining to try and tell us that Chinese do now bow.

The argument that you are hoping to put together that people in China do not bow is pretty funny and desperate.

Your not entitled to your own facts

Because any idiot knows Chinese bow

even Sarah Palin would know that

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
never mind

[edit on 083030p://bTuesday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Before everyone begins bashing Obama and his bowing, it's important to know that one must always bow when greeting another, it shows respect. You would see this happening everyday if you've ever lived in Asian countries such as Japan, India, China, and some Middle Eastern countries. In America it's done with a handshake.

Stop your bickering and read about other cultures and life. The United States of America isn't the only country on this planet.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by StevenX101

steven, your reply in of itself is something only a troll would say. did i say anything about Alex jones? for your simple mind, plz go to the search engine on this sight and guess what? owe hot dog, you too, can see the light! my god, love the response, dealing with 3 year olds, that love the obama nut bag, keep on with the suckeling

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
why do you create inane posts that discuss matters that don't mean anything?

Its like saying "Why are most airplanes primarily white?"

Does it matter? The color bares no significance.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I don't have a problem with Obama bowing out of respect to a world leader if it has cultural significance as long as the action is reciprocated in like manner.

Did the Chinese President return the bow to Obama? If not, is this because he did not have the the same measure of respect?

Did the Saudi King return the bow to Obama as a similar sign of respect?

I don't recall seeing any photos of any such reciprocal behavior.

One other thing. On a personal note:
I would personally find it impossible to bow to the Chinese president considering the enormous amount of human right violations that are allowed to take place in his country.
The suppression of religious freedom and basic human rights is indefensible.

Consider for a moment this:
Gendercide: China's shameful massacre of unborn girls means there will soon be 30m more men than women

www.dailymail.co.uk...

To bow before such a man is unthinkable.

[edit on 4/13/2010 by Sparky63]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by StevenX101
No, today Obama geniusly got China to help us put sanctions on Iran to double our power and influence on Iran.

You see this is what real international diplomacy is about and its really how Obama is being so sucessful in keeping America safe.

Obama strong leader with a brain-----Bush strong leader AN IDIOT

there is a difference

Another new member just showing up in time to participate in the latest obama "rescue attempt". How coincidentally interesting.

In your mind, one-sided subservient bowing somehow equals international diplomacy? Then no doubt you also believe the obama administration swill that jobs saved equals jobs created (as promised).

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

Seriously people, who cares? If you're spending any part of you day worrying about the president bowing to people, you are really wasting your time over nothing. How does this effect you personally? And if it does effect you personally, you're taking this too personally

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
I don't have a problem with Obama bowing out of respect to a world leader if it has cultural significance as long as the action is reciprocated in like manner.

Did the Chinese President return the bow to Obama? If not, is this because he did not have the the same measure of respect?

Did the Saudi King return the bow to Obama as a similar sign of respect?

I don't recall seeing any photos of any such reciprocal behavior.

One other thing. On a personal note:
I would personally find it impossible to bow to the Chinese president considering the enormous amount of human right violations that are allowed to take place in his country.
The suppression of religious freedom and basic human rights is indefensible.

Consider for a moment this:
Gendercide: China's shameful massacre of unborn girls means there will soon be 30m more men than women

www.dailymail.co.uk...

To bow before such a man is unthinkable.

[edit on 4/13/2010 by Sparky63]

Its just a gesture of greeting for crying out loud it does not mean that Obama will support his policy.

Obama has shown through his policy that he does not support CHINAS HUMAN RIGHTS

If you are so uninformed that you lose sleep over Obama greeting the Chinese leader then nobody can help you

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join