It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does Obama Bow Like a Weakling?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

Anytime a guest race was invited onto the USS Enterprise, Captain Jean Luc Picard always did his best to follow the cultural customs of that race.

Now, would you also label Captain Picard a weakling?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3fe9ca42a463.jpg[/atsimg]

I think not.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by StevenX101

Hard stance? LOL
As long as China is willing to buy US debt, there will be no hard stand by the US against human rights, unless of course by, "hard stand" you mean empty words. Obama is basically carrying on the same policy as Bush & Clinton. Nothing to brag about here.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63

I have to agree. I have about 200 employees in Beijing. I have been traveling back and forth for 10 years now. I have never bowed to them and they have never bowed to me. A nod of the head and a handshake are the common forms of greetings. Bowing is not the norm. I also have witnessed first hand the atrocious effects of communism and a trampling of even the most basic human rights.

[edit on 4/13/2010 by Sparky63]

I guess that for some, bowing to others creates quite a dilemma. You see, as far as I can tell, it's almost impossible to bow to someone as a gesture of respect while at the same time maintaining your posture of looking down your nose at them.

I don't understand the mentality of the neo cons who demand that american politicians display an air of superiority towards foreigners at all times. They speak about respect as an attribute to be taught to children but apparently, never to be practiced by adults.

It is impossible to earn the respect of others without first giving respect to others.

My question to Sparky63 is why do you have 200 employees in China? Let me guess, they are doing jobs that americans won't do, right? Or are you just one of those patriotic americans who takes jobs overseas to maximize profits? Is it okay to employ chinese workers at poverty level wages while refusing to even allow others to show them any respect whatsoever?

From what I hear, I distinctly get the impression that the neo-con position is that it's okay to use these people just don't show them any respect.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Anytime a guest race was invited onto the USS Enterprise, Captain Jean Luc Picard always did his best to follow the cultural customs of that race.

Now, would you also label Captain Picard a weakling?

I think not.

Good post! However, I think Kirk would have broken the prime directive and had sex with their women! In that sense Picard is kind of a weakling.
I give you a star for your sense of humor and for bringing a smile to my face.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

He's a puppet in the bigger picture. He may be arrogant, and full of himself but when it comes to the higharchey he bows. Heck he bowed to a Governor of a State. Can't remember if it was FL but I think it was. We have no idea where he really came from, how the heck he sped through the ranks to be president but SOMEONE wanted him in there for a reason so we got him. TPTB are on an agenda and he fit the bill. He is a puppet and I belive he knows it. Bowing to Asian countries I can accept as this is their culture, and a sign of respect, but to a Governor of the United States? Just odd. I just pray our once great nation survives this agenda.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix Rising

Why Does Obama Bow Like a Weakling?

I will be brief because these silly OPs are getting just boring.

I have spent near 30 years now training and teaching the Martial Arts and every man that has ever bested me in a sparring match or in the ring, every master that I have seen do things I didn't think were physically possible... only did so after first humbly bowing.

Anyone who sees showing respect or courtessy as a sign of weakness plainly proves themselves unworthy of respect themselves.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish

My question to Sparky63 is why do you have 200 employees in China? Let me guess, they are doing jobs that americans won't do, right?

You guess would be wrong.

Or are you just one of those patriotic americans who takes jobs overseas to maximize profits? Is it okay to employ chinese workers at poverty level wages while refusing to even allow others to show them any respect whatsoever?

You assume too much LOL. Why the personal attack? My personal reasons for doing business in China have no bearing on the fact that bowing is not a common form of greeting in China, and that those who claim so are ill-informed.

From what I hear, I distinctly get the impression that the neo-con position is that it's okay to use these people just don't show them any respect.

I am not a Neo-con so your assessment is inaccurate. I have deep respect for the people I work with.

[edit on 4/13/2010 by Sparky63]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst Humbleness is a virtue, and bowing a chinese traditional greeting.

Indeed! Obviously, these pathetic Obama-haters never watched karate or kung-fu movies, where a martial artist would politely bow to the adversary, right before kicking their brains out.

Another stupid attempt to smear a fairly decent (and imperfect) President of the United States.

There been have presidents who vomited and passed out in public while on diplomatic mission to Japan:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Indeed! Obviously, these pathetic Obama-haters never watched karate or kung-fu movies, where a martial artist would politely bow to the adversary, right before kicking their brains out.

Another stupid attempt to smear a fairly decent (and imperfect) President of the United States.

There been have presidents who vomited and passed out in public while on diplomatic mission to Japan:
en.wikipedia.org...

With all due respect, Obama is not a martial artist nor is he in a Kung-Fu movie. This stereotype would be considered racist and offensive by many Chinese business men I deal with.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

With all due respect, Obama is not a martial artist nor is he in a Kung-Fu movie. This stereotype would be considered racist and offensive by many Chinese business men I deal with.

It sure would! Coincidentally, I find the fixation of certain members of the board, on they way Obama conveys his salutations, to be likewise.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

why wouldn't he bow in a country where its common practice?

no matter what you think, without china and other places the US would fall, actually most of the world would fall...whats wrong with a simple bow??

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Your title...

We're all different. Seriously.

Evidence

[edit on 13-4-2010 by jonnyc55]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
bowing is a Japanese culture, not the Chinese, Mainland Chinese or any Chinese in any part of the world

even if bowing has suddenly become a Chinese culture to suit the American agenda, why is the Chinese President not bowing to Obama?

i say Obama is a little weak

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

There Ya'll go again. It could only be a polite and gentlemanly gesture. Do not read too much into unconscious gestures that may come about him being gentlemanly in his heart.

Come to think of it it may also unlie a desire to win others over to his point of view. He did talk about change, didn't he?
Anyway just my opinion.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Because it is in USA's best interest.

China is quickly and inevitably becoming NR. 1 and remaining NR. 1, by a landslid margin.

It's becoming a super power on levels never before seen.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

JEEEEEEEEEEEZ. Jesus Wept.

Okay...In Asian cultures, it shows respect to bow before and after business meetings. They do it for us, so, I'm not so sure why brash Americans think of it as weak to do it for them. I guess since Americans really don't respect anything, including themselves, it would make sense for them to throw a fit when someone chooses to show another nation and their people some down home respect.

Before I go into any Dojo for martial arts training, it is customary to bow. It not only shows respect to the area of learning, it shows respect to fellow martial artists.

Can the simpletons get off of the Obama bashing train...PLEASE??? And, I apologize for the way that this sentence sounds, however, there are far more constructive things to delve into.

Yes, we know Obama is an imperialist. We know that he's a lapdog for the true powers that be. We know he's doing his best to support elitism over the proletariat...but, all of this anger is completely misdirected on the wrong target.

When will anyone learn that the president is nothing more than a delivery boy for the corporations??? Leave him alone. He's the least of your worries.

Again, for those whom this post may offend, I do apologize. However, this is the only way I felt that my statement would have the desired effect.

Much love to all...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
As someone already posted about Bush
and how he damn near felt up the "ROYALTY"
from Saudi Arabia, then you have to
agree that he is a "sisssy" Am I correct
in my overly simplified way of looking
at this.

I mean, cmon now, we Americans know
what it means when two men hold hands.
And all this time I thought conservatives
were against this behavior.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

With all due respect...assuming that the only time a bow is appropriate in asian culture is during a sparring match or "Kung-Fu movie"...that would be considered racist.

The very public nature and formality of the meetings Obama engages in with high level politicians and dignataries more than warrants a bow to acknowledge thier cultural mores and customs.

Showing respect does not equal weakness. and people that think that it does were not raised properly. It's just that simple. There is still time to grow up and act like an adult.

The rest of this is just silly, culturally intolerant spin designed to appeal to a certain segment of the GOPs base.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by maybereal11]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

What do you want him to do ??? walk up to the Chinese President and smack him in the face ???

Humbleness is a virtue, and bowing a chinese traditional greeting.

If you want to hate on Obama at least find something better than this. Whats next, a thread about Obama's pimp limp.

This may be the best statement on the whole thread.

Star from me.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join