It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does Obama Bow Like a Weakling?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mryanbrown
reply to post by davec0021

Coming from the guy who has an avatar of a dude wedged between two balls, representing a phallic image.

My orignal statement was meant to be ridiculous and sarcastic. What's the matter you don't like my balls?

[edit on 13-4-2010 by davec0021]

There changed it. No more oompa loompa balls. Wouldn't want anyone getting turned on by oompa loompas.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by davec0021]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by Matrix Rising

Bowing is a sign of respect in their culture. Why should we force our customs on the world?

Funny, in my experience with other asian people (mainly japanese friends) they actually did NOT like it when I bowed, they actually felt embarrassed (a big no no in their culture) I was later informed by a friend of my father's (who travels alot to asia for business) that their is a perception that because I'm a foreigner, I could never fully really understand their culture, in other words, this practice is more acceptable amongst people of their own culture, than when a foreigner does it because I simply "don't belong". Yeah, trust me, I didn't understand it much either.

My guessing, is that you're probably some Otaku that still thinks you should do it "because it's a sign of respect" without really knowing whether the people of that culture SEE your signs as those of respect, when in fact, they could be seen instead as a form of embarrassment.

In short? Show respect and be cordial, DON'T try to mimick their culture and call it respect unless you actually "belong" to that culture. Period! What you think is supposed to be "respect" might come off as a mockery.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy88

And how do people like you turn this into a hate thing? Bush???
Obama??? Not once did I say a word about hating Obama or Bush or
Lincoln, or Clinton, of Kennedy or any other president you want to name.
It is all about the simple principle of not bowing to other countries.
That simple!! No hatred of Obama or Bush or being racist or a hater of
who is president or not president, Democratic or Republican or sitting
on the fence. Just the principle. I don't suppose you can fathom that?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

It is just a bow.

If he believes he can help push his agenda by bowing and LOOKING like a weakling (which I do not even agree with that statement), then why not?

I would shake hands with a mad man if it is for the better.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

Really?

As much freedom as the Queen will allow...

You are aware that the monarchy in the UK is essentially ceremonial in nature, and has very little role in actual governance, right? Or perhaps it's time to read up on the meaning of 'constitutional monarchy'.

Sorry but this is seriously one of the funniest things I've read on ATS...

Really? The ceremonial nature is just that a ceremony. When push comes to shove, that ceremony is out the window.

Domestic Affairs:

The appointment and dismissal of ministers
The summoning, prorogation and dissolution of Parliament
Royal assent to bills
The appointment and regulation of the civil service
The commissioning of officers in the armed forces
Directing the disposition of the armed forces in the UK
Appointment of Queen's Counsel
Issue and withdrawal of passports
Prerogative of mercy.
Granting honours
Creation of corporations by Charter

Foreign Affairs:

The making of treaties
Declaration of war
Deployment of armed forces overseas
Recognition of foreign states
Accreditation and reception of diplomats

The Queen is the Commander in Chief of all her military forces. All her soldiers take an oath to her not an unwritten, de facto constitution.

That's some ceremonial power.

How can they claim to have a constitutional monarchy without a written constitution. Just a set of statutes, court judgments and treaties. Now that's an oxymoron.

Go ahead and believe what you want, but in the end she is the absolute monarch.

On topic. Why do her subjects bow to her, a show of hierarchy, an elevation of status due to birthright. Something we do not hold as a virtue in the U.S..
It's not arrogance either, it's a further sign of our belief that all men and women are created equal. Quite the contrary with the monarchs, it's a sign of arrogance on their part.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
omg all of you. Stop wikipediaing, and googling the proper bowing techniques and the history of bowing.

Put all that effort into educating your friends and family about treason in government, and felony actions by the bank. Complain about them breaking the law.

NOT BOWING.

Seriously. Do people who can't offer a decent discussion on the legality of our system just belittle THEMSELVES with this crap to feel like they're making a point other people who are doing the same thing can agree with?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
He's being courteous that's all.

But let me guess, you'd no doubt expect the Chinese Presient to bow to Obama if he was visiting the United States.

Wow this entire thread just reeks of arrogance and lives up to the American stereotype.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

You are very right in your talk on the strategy about divide and conquer and what not, however, Obama is very much a dictator and has signed so many things into law that people dont even know nor heard 1 word about on mainstream News like CNN and shyt. And he and his Democratic majority can pretty much achieve any point they wish, # they got the health care bill passed
!!!! With half the country completely against it!!!!!

They can do what they will as long as they word everything correctly and get everything fighting and distracted by other non-sense in disguise as an important subject. Usually Highlighted by CNN as a huge deal or whatever. Most of the time the Huge deal CNN is telling you about is something small and to distract you from the real problem

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Why do so many see, showing respect to another world leader as a sign of weakness ?
Through my life I have meet many prominite people and some not so prominite, but show them all the same respect I would expect.
When world leaders meet it is usually to conduct business on a national level.
How would YOU handle a business meeting ?
To get respect one needs to show respect.

Please do not assume I am ever defending Mr. Obama I see no difference from him and the last 5 POTUS's.

Until Americans open their eyes to the fact that the POTUS is a straw man for TPTB and the two party system is a failure, NOTHING will change.
Stop falling into the trap of being divided and conquored, don't you think it's getting kinda old?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Not at all.

According to our customs, a simple handshake would suffice.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mryanbrown

Seriously. Do people who can't offer a decent discussion on the legality of our system just belittle THEMSELVES with this crap to feel like they're making a point other people who are doing the same thing can agree with?

This is now the top topic on ATS....number 1 on the front page!!! I'm actually glad it is...shows how absolutely ridiculous the Obama bashing has become.

Damned if he does...damned if he doesn't.

Can people keep this up for 3 years?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by endtimer
reply to post by piddles

Why the swear words? Bowing in those countries that practice bowing
is THEIR custom and culture. That does not make those countries weak.
Don't you get it at all? These men were meeting in Washington DC, not
in Peking. Regardless of where the President meets someone, he does
NOT bow to ANYONE. That puts out a very clear message of being a
weakling President, no matter how you slice it.

And then you go on to whine about our financial situation. That really has
a lot to do with this goofy thread. And then you say that if anyone just took
5 minutes to study other cultures, they would know that bowing is a sign
of respect. So is a handshake, or did no one ever teach you how to show
respect to another by shaking hands? I suppose you would rather high
five or do a hand bump to a visiting official?

And just how much culture have you bothered to study as you alluded to?

I think it is time to close this moronic thread. It has gone from Kung Foo
fighters to the financial situation.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by endtimer]

wow, why does it matter where they are? he showed him respect and if anything made him feel more welcome.

also you sound like a grizzled old man from the midwest. "wah wah wah nobody taught you to shake hands HE'S IN AMERICA NOT PEKING america don't bow to nobody i don't take kindly to bowin'"

it's so stupid, I don't even know how to reply. you're somehow mocking me then mocking this thread to only further add that you didn't really say anything.

and how dare you criticize me for bringing up the financial situation. he showed respect to a country we owe billions to, that needs to be acknowledged in this retarded thread.

oh and "kung foo fighters"? what does that have to do with anything? is that what you think the chinese are? WOW, only further solidifies my assertion of what you are.

and what the hell is a hand bump?

come back when you make sense.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Two Words:

Who Cares

The man bows. God forbid he's a respectful individual. The Obama bashing has gone to a point to prove the haters are nothing but a bunch of immature sore losers. Grow up.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mryanbrown

it took two seconds to google it, it would take 15 minutes for me to convince someone with no interest in that sort of thing

anything else, slick?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
When the rest of the world hates you...mostly due to the past president's foreign policy, a bit of humble, respectful damage control goes a long way. To see bowing as a sign of weakness is merely one perspective.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

Yep that's perfectly fine in my book too.

I just don't see the problem with him bowing.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by piddles

Do you think the Lone Gunmen would waste time complaining about bowing? Or dig into the real issues.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
There is a war going on and people are arguing whether or not Obama is a weakling because he bows a lot? This is not news.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by piddles
[more

Oooooohhh !! How dare I. And no, I am not from the midwest. It's none
of your childish business as to where I am from. And my age, that is
none of your business. Although I know for sure you are a very young
person who never did learn to shake hands. You would probably like to
give some sicko wannabe gang banger hand signal.

And how dare I to bring up the financial situation? What the crap does that
have to do with anything? So what if we owe the Chinese billions of
dollars? Everyone on the face of the planet owes the US boatloads of
money. So what? Hardly anything to do with bowing to someone. Try to
concentrate and stick to the subject, or did they not teach you anything
about that in school?

And when I made a reference to Kung Foo, I was alluding to a comment
that SOMEONE ELSE on this thread made. I bothered to read through all
the threads. Maybe you should take a couple of weeks to wade through
it all yourself, as I am sure that would be about the right time frame for
you.

And you don't know what a handbump is? Geeeeeesh!

And when I start to make sense or have come to my senses, I will be
sure to U2U you and ask your permission. You are on IGNORE, so
don't bother to send me any more childish responses until you have
actually taken the time to open your eyes and read what was said.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mryanbrown
omg all of you. Stop wikipediaing, and googling the proper bowing techniques and the history of bowing.

Put all that effort into educating your friends and family about treason in government, and felony actions by the bank. Complain about them breaking the law.

NOT BOWING.

It's more distraction, just like the entire left vs right blowup thats happening right now, even on ATS...

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join