It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please share your paranormal & ghost experiences!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Hi Everyone! I have been a member here for nearly 15 years and this is my first thread. 😊

Random fact about me, I am very curious about the paranormal. I have experienced many things over the course of my life that have convinced me there is something after this life.
Another random fact about me, I suffer frequent bouts of insomnia and tonight is one of those nights. So, I’ve decided to make a thread asking for anyone who is interested, to share their experiences with me as I truly love hearing about what others have experienced. I will share one of mine.

When I was a kid, the house I grew up in was very haunted. Every single person in my family as well as some of my friends and cousins, have had experiences in that house. That house? It turned my father who was sceptic, to a believer.

One night, I was up late watching TV in the living room and everyone else was in bed. I witnessed the outline of a figure come down the stairs, go thru the dining room, come back round, then go back up the stairs. It was the same thing my dad had seen twice in previous years that creeped him out and made him a believer. Fast forward a few years and one of my friends witnessed it as well when staying over. I had never mentioned my experience to my friend and I was seriously intrigued that they had the same experience I did!

Another experience is a shared one that came from my mom and sister.

My older sister had a bedroom down stairs. It was off the dining room. She had just turned off her light and was getting into bed when she heard the sound of glass shattering in the dining room. She jumped out of bed and turned on the light. She said our cat who was sleeping on her bed had jumped up and his tail was all bushed out. As she went out of her room, my mother was running down the stairs as she was in bed reading and heard the crash too. She said it sounded as tho something was thrown thru the window and hit the china closet in the dining room. There was no broken glass and the china closet was intact.

If you have made it this far, thank you for reading.

Please post your own experiences as I would love to hear them 😊

edit on 29-10-2023 by sugarmonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Here's what "they" are... Two things; other peoples attachments known to oneself; as one self... Meaning; absolutely "not self" just someone else's in trying to grasp it like they know it having neglected oneself to do such a thing... leaving them empty. but that is not the real or true emptiness(satori).

The second thing is all the light shadows and reflection of body, speech and mind one has used in the world that when settling back down to rest or peace return like an echo; and in not recognizing one's own return flees as if one's head is aflame.(karma)

edit on 29-10-2023 by crowf00t because: clarity

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Your story is not uncommon at all. In fact it wasn't a random fact about you, the fact that you are drawn to the paranormal. Many have been drawn to this site because of that fact. And the story of your father is not unique at all. In fact atheists very often have averse supernatural encounters. This happens to skeptics and atheists all the time.

I have many many stories I can share. Perhaps if there is a good reason to do so I may do so one day on this site.

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Here is an experience that happens from time to time. I jotted it down for a different forum here on ATS.

On cold winter's nights, my bed is warm. I open my eyes and look upon the countenance of the girl beside me. Always such a pretty face propped upon an elbow, her smile, the gleam within her eyes.

As I close my eyes once more, I cannot help but smile myself. She always has that effect on me.

Dozing half asleep, I open my eyes once more. More pretty faces beside me. "What are you girls doing?"

"We're waiting for our warm host to fall asleep again before we warm ourselves within you." Oh well, these ghosts always leave by morning.

I still see them looking at me if I recall the memory.

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: randomuser2034

I never said my stories were uncommon nor did I state they were unique.

I also never said my father was an atheist, just a supernatural sceptic. I just wanted to have others share their stories as I like to hear other peoples experiences.

But, hey thanks for dropping by and adding nothing.

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: sugarmonkey

I never said my stories were uncommon nor did I state they were unique.

I also never said my father was an atheist, just a supernatural sceptic. I just wanted to have others share their stories as I like to hear other peoples experiences.

But, hey thanks for dropping by and adding nothing.

Yeah, I didn't mean to insinuate your dad was an atheist. I said that for the sake of the atheists on this website who have stated in the past that atheists cannot and do not have supernatural encounters.

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: NobodySpecial268

If it wasn't for all the mouth clearing of phlegm, nose clearing of small dead insects, sand and grit out of the eyes clearing that takes up the better part of an hour or so upon waking?

Perhaps I'd see all of that as romantically as you do.

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Ok, thanks for clarifying.

But if atheists cannot or do not have experiences then they don't have any stories to share with me.

I would like people to come and share their experiences. That is all. However uncommon and non unique their experience is, I would like to hear it

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: crowf00t

When one gets as old as I am, attention from the young ladies is always welcome.

On a more serious note, it was an extended exercise in working with the 'warmth body' as Rudolf Steiner calls the aetheric. Interestingly, they could feel my warmth.

For everyone else; yeah, most folks probably find the idea creepy to think about. But this is an introduction to the way I do my field research.

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 02:40 AM
link   
When I was a kid, coming home late one night I just went straight to bed. The dark did not bother me and knew where I was going. As I walked into my bedroom I saw these two arms come up towards me, freaked me out. Kept the lights on for a while after that.

Later there where stories going around that a kid did commit suicide in that room. It was intimidating to see being so unexpected. Looking back it needed help. Did not have any more issues there.
edit on 29-10-2023 by kwaka because: grammer

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: sugarmonkey

Does Psychometry count as "paranormal"?

If so, I have two (at least) experiences.

The first was the time I "read" a waiters wallet while holding it, closed, in my hands. I told him that I "sensed" a number series, written in dark or black ink, on a piece of yellow paper in the wallet. The waiter claimed not to have any idea of such a thing in his wallet. He then opened the wallet to prove his point. When he pulled out a stack of business cards he had collected, a folded piece of yellow paper fell out. There was a phone number on the paper.

It was his ex-girlfriend's number. He had forgotten that he had it.

The episode was even spooking since, also sitting at the table were a group of professional "psychics" to whom I had just been introduced.

Second episode. Female friend of a friend dropped a gold necklace, clasp opened accidentally. As I picked it up for her, I began to get images in my mind: a beach, sun low on horizon, man giving her the necklace.

I told her what I was sensing as I handed it back to her. Turns out it was her fiancée (she had now been married several years) who gave her the necklace some time before he later proposed.

These two "experiences" happened decades ago, so I'm likely long out of practice!

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021

Does Psychometry count as "paranormal"?

If so, I have two (at least) experiences.

The first was the time I "read" a waiters wallet while holding it, closed, in my hands. I told him that I "sensed" a number series, written in dark or black ink, on a piece of yellow paper in the wallet. The waiter claimed not to have any idea of such a thing in his wallet. He then opened the wallet to prove his point. When he pulled out a stack of business cards he had collected, a folded piece of yellow paper fell out. There was a phone number on the paper.

It was his ex-girlfriend's number. He had forgotten that he had it.

The episode was even spooking since, also sitting at the table were a group of professional "psychics" to whom I had just been introduced.

Second episode. Female friend of a friend dropped a gold necklace, clasp opened accidentally. As I picked it up for her, I began to get images in my mind: a beach, sun low on horizon, man giving her the necklace.

I told her what I was sensing as I handed it back to her. Turns out it was her fiancée (she had now been married several years) who gave her the necklace some time before he later proposed.

These two "experiences" happened decades ago, so I'm likely long out of practice!

Absolutely it does!

That is amazing! The experience with the waiter, what a way to make a first impression with the psychics!

Have you never tried to develop your gift any further then?

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: kwaka

Thank you for sharing that!

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 03:22 AM
link   

No I haven't really.

Not really much call for it in my normal, dull, life.

These days, these crazy days, I tend to focus more on my "danger sense"(?), I guess you'd call it. A feeling for the Zeitgeist. For example, about a week ago I got the strong sense that Israel, which had been delaying its ground push into Gaza, would "start the war in ernest" by this last Friday. Sure enough.

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 03:49 AM
link   

I had a few strange things occur here and there but nothing that could have been explained away by mundane things. Like the house warming or cooling and the wooden bars making noises because of that.

However, there is more to reality than we see with the five senses, I have no doubt about it. I can not prove it and it is not my interest to prove it. Yet I know with determination we are capable of a lot more than current science wants to admit.

My personal try at explanation:
The thing is, if you dabble in such domains, you open up to it and you will attract energies. You can't just take, you have to give too. And by hooking into this, you already take. But you do not know the price yet. In my experience, it depends on your souls energy (in lack of better words). If you want to hurt, be prepared to sacrifice. If you want to help, be prepared to sacrifice. Nothing is for free, it's all just redistributed.

The scientific explanation:
It's psychology. Once you are "all in" on these thoughts, your brain starts to look for patterns. Our brain is an excellent patter recognizor but that does not mean that the patterns are meaningful or in connection. Your brain constantly tries to make sense of all the inputs and if you take the MO that whatever you experience is out of the physical realm, it will latch onto that and give you more patterns. That's the power of thought and the downfall of it, too.

My personal advice if you believe in such things and have trouble:
You have to take control of the situation. YOU make the rules. All the rules. So let's say if you meditate and you visualize your living space, really visualizing it as in, you travel in your mind through these places and gain awareness, not just thinking "this is my house", you should be able to use your Chi and spend it for a protective bubble. You make the rules, remember that. And there can not be any doubt about it from your side.

So what I do to keep bad energies away from our living place is bring up an energy bubble in the center of the house, in my mind. I make it so that only benevolent energy is able to pass the skin of that bubble. And then I expand it slowly and aware in my mind over the house. In all directions. And that's it.

Is it makebelieve? Is it fooling myself? I don't care, because I can not literally prove it so I as well just decide it works. And it does not hurt to do it, only spending energy.

Because that's the currency of this domain. Some people are good in harvesting it from the surrounding nature in a manner it does not drain it. Sacrifices in life choices are to be made, as well as spending life energy (you have only so many hours to live, what do you spend it for).

I claim to be good at it because I practice this for years, daily. The thing is, what to do with that energy and so I share it with those that I think are in need by asking them if they want to accept it. Some are energy vampires. People that one way or another drain your energy with their behavior towards you. Most often they ACT kind but they are not, they are vile and rotten inside.

But that is not judgement, just acknowledging it.

Correction: There was one occurance I ommited because of my new MO to not share any personal information anymore on ATS.
edit on 29.10.2023 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Honestly the only ghost I've witnessed that can't be chalked down to subjective psychological phenomena, just saved the day on ATS...

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

But but, you'll keep the interesting stuff away doing that . . .

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: NobodySpecial268

I leave out the backstory how I did it and how I got to the knowledge to do it but basically:

I was disturbed in my privacy one time too often and charged a Rosenquarz half the size of a human head with all the hate and anger I felt at that time. I was fairly young and stupid. It was an intentional trap to get back on the person because I was never physically violent and sucked it all up for several years.

One day, the one disturbing my privacy picked it up and it exploded into tiny shards with an audible bang. A sharp clapping, I was in the garden when it happened. Pink dust everywhere. It exploded, not fell down, there were shards in the lamp shade, on the closet, in cracks on the floor, behind my bed, it was everywhere. I found some when I moved out and cleaned the room, years after.

The person that picked it up AND myself got sick hours later. Very sick. After a day I connected the dots and I became aware of what horrible thing (IMHO) I just did. Intentional! And with great remorse I meditated and reflected on what I just did, felt very sorry and ashamed. Next morning we were both fine.

I never felt such sickness, it was very different from the flu, a cold or headaches. Nobody else got sick in the house, only we two. I took it as a subtle lesson. God for me is the medium that makes it possible for these energies to flow. It's inside all living things and matters, knows no bounds or time.

Since then I swore to myself I will only use my energies for good. The only exception from that is self defense and that is different, as it is just reflecting all bad things that want to harm me and my loved ones and adding momentum to it when it ricochets.

A gentle warning to anyone reading my posts and dabbling with the same concepts thinking they wishing me harm or can intrude my life in that way. Don't do it for your own good.

And just as I wanted to send this, my daughter comes around with a lady bug on her hand that flew into our flat and did not find back out. What are the odds. ♥
edit on 29.10.2023 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: typos, grammar

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: NobodySpecial268
a reply to: crowf00t

When one gets as old as I am, attention from the young ladies is always welcome.

On a more serious note, it was an extended exercise in working with the 'warmth body' as Rudolf Steiner calls the aetheric. Interestingly, they could feel my warmth.

For everyone else; yeah, most folks probably find the idea creepy to think about. But this is an introduction to the way I do my field research.

Not sure why elemental arising that life depends on as origin would be attributed to that fellow as origin of the theory when it comes from Hinduism.

The Upanishads explain the interdependence of these elements in relation to Brahman, the supreme reality, from which they arise: “From Brahman arises space, from space arises air, from air arises fire, from fire arises water, and from water arises earth.”

Whats weird is having mind enough to see those arising as they do from what gets termed as void from out of which all is born often spoken of as; The "great" element.

edit on 29-10-2023 by crowf00t because: sp.

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Awareness and memory are funny things. From what I gather everyone hallucinates around the hypnagogic stage of sleep/waking so there's not anything particularly special about having experiences.

I always find an interesting relationship between things getting more "physical" and awareness being raised. There's a cause and affect dance going on with the conscious and subconscious that's a little too complex for me to make out. Consciousness is a lot like a swan gliding across the water, the majority of the work is most definitely underneath.

That's not me saying everything people experience is all in the head... It is but that's how perception works. I'm saying that experience itself is perception, also everyone hallucinates. Apparently it takes around 2 weeks to rewire a brain so let's say the conscious brain is a lot like a white board and old habits and the likes are the smudges that are difficult to wipe off... I would say that the subconscious is the text books of the classroom.

That said the majority of experiences are negative. I just wonder if the curriculum is at fault or the work being done on the board.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join