It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Video Released!!

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skellon
No need for intelligence agencies or the billions wasted on funding them, here we have someone who is so clued up, they know what people are going to do before they do it.

Watch the video again.

Those guys were already engaging Americans before the Apaches engaged.

Or are you going to claim that was preemptive self-defense?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Compulsionist

Believe what you want. I was just stating my opinion, as I see it.

But it is nice to know that you are one who so easily labels and puts people in broad categories.
Its almost like you are wearing a sign, so I know to avoid you altogether, as you employ faulty logic.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
This was covered bigtime in the Evening News here in Iceland.
The video was shown along with a report from an Icelandic reporter that went and spoke to the family of the kids as well as others involved that day.

Keep in mind and I doubt that you know this , the Icelandic national television has had this video in it's possession for quite some time now while they prepared the story, flying out and doing the interviews.

Apparently the video was de-crypted and prepared here in Iceland.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND

Originally posted by Skellon
No need for intelligence agencies or the billions wasted on funding them, here we have someone who is so clued up, they know what people are going to do before they do it.

Watch the video again.
Those guys were already engaging Americans before the Apaches engaged.

According to the shooter who was begging to shoot and laughing at the people he was killing? The same one who with all of his training thought cameras were AK-47s and a tripod was an RPG?
If they were shooting at them then why did they stop when the helicopter came back around? If you're engaging an American apache helicopter you wouldn't gather into a tight group, in broad daylight, in the middle of the street, in plain view if that helicopter...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Alienmojo

You friend need to wake up and smell the roses. These are human lives who clearly weren't a threat and your excuse is "Its a war, it happens" Killing 15 unarmed HUMAN BEINGS cannont be justified, we are looking at them over a computer screen, those soldiers knew what they were looking at, this is a product of unstable minds doing whatever they damn well please. It's wrong, plain and simple no matter how much you try and chalk it up to being a product of pumping themselves up for a combat situation. You and all the others that say "It's war, It happens" and then just turn their backs are no better than the germans in world war 2 who could smell the odor from dead bodies in concentration camps and act like those things weren't happening. Wake up, people like you should be over their burying the bodies of these innocent people. -end rant-

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

That is great. I hope they will pull the interviews up so we can all see them. I'm very interested to hear it.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
always remember, what goes around comes around.
try applying the entire scenario, from the start of this engagement years ago,
to every situation happening in your own back yard.
yes sir, what goes around is coming around, and all in the name of the great corporations involved.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Breifne
It's terrorism either way you bottle it!!

Nothing more, nothing less ...

Add an apathetic public and a well controlled media and you have your reality!

The Youtube views are stuck at 359 on BTW.

Is there any morality left out there?

Sad

The Youtube views are still stuck at 359 and it's been over 8 hours since you posted your comment!

I didn't think Youtube ever lied about the views on any videos, but this is evidence that they do. Too much of a coincidence that the views have been stuck at a very low number for over 8 hours. A low number of views can imply a bad, unprofessional, and "not worth watching" video, but this is definitely not the case for this video.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this has been pointed out already, as this thread has gotten very long...but i see that msn.com has this on their page.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Just thought I'd let everybody know the story is on Yahoo's front page (I mean the main Yahoo page, with the 5 or 6 biggest news stories and all kinds of links to other non-news stuff).

At least it's getting SOME MSM coverage.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Monsterenergy791

There isn't a conspiracy behind this. This isn't the first time the views on a video have gotten stuck. I've seen it many times. It will eventually catch back up. It's just a glitch with Youtube.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by janon

There isn't a conspiracy behind this. This isn't the first time the views on a video have gotten stuck. I've seen it many times. It will eventually catch back up. It's just a glitch with Youtube.

Indeed! Do not fear people, the whole world will hear about this!

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Fanatic]

link   

Originally posted by DopesickRenegade
Its very sad innocent people had to die but, my question to everyone who is shocked by this is what did you think war was?

From what I've read here, war is...

only shoot at someone after you verify that they have a weapon and probably have to wait until they shoot you.

If any kids are around you must stand down...no matter what...for the sake of the children.

Do not shoot at any enemy attempting to help an enemy you just shot.

Like I've always said, do your damnedest to stay out of war, but once you go in, shoot anything that moves and isn't wearing a uniform like yours.
Fight to win or GTF OUT!!!

link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Dude...you are an American right ?

Here's a heads up..

Americans are running amok all over the place killing people in the name of America . You as an American are responsible ,simple really and yeah... pretty logical - and trust me when I tell you that most of the western world shares my opinion.

It´s been going on for decades. You guys have had plenty of chances to change the course, you just decided you had better stuff to do.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Just wanted to add a reminder that Iraq DID NOT THREATEN to attack the US. Iraq DID NOT attack the US on 9/11 and DID NOT have weapons of mass destruction.

15 of the 19 hijackers were Saudis. Osama bin Laden was Saudi.

I know, I know details details...on with the technoslaughter!

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
SBS News in Australia has the News Item and video on their Website:

www.sbs.com.au...

Sorry if someone has already mentioned this (This is a large thread to read all of it)

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
So much has been said, it seems that people are going to stake a position on this event and claim it as their own.

Sadly, war-time journalism does entail danger, and that much cannot be simply isolated as the center piece of the story.

Clearly, in war, soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines are actively engaged in seeking out enemies and killing them. If you have been in combat, either by accident or as a combatant, you know this is so.

But just because you wear a uniform doesn't mean you have no judgment to exercise. Orders notwithstanding, if you are a member of a professional military force you are expected to exercise your judgment in all situations or you are a liability to your crew, unit, and by extension your country.

They determined that this gathering was a hostile force.

They were apparently, in no small way, very mistaken.

In the safety of hindsight, with the cool deliberation born of utter detachment from the event, we can see many questionable aspects of this judgment. But at worst I find it a callous execution of 'orders with no consequence'. People can;t be right 100% of the time.

My most uncomfortable moment is when the van arrived. It seems like it would have been more prudent to land and secure the area, holding the occupants of the van until reinforcements arrived... these were after all, people helping the wounded...

But again, it is their judgment that mattered. Why did they think that the kills were "Nice." or "Sweet." has nothing to do with morality. Just ask any 10-year old playing "Left for Dead." It is the mindset that offers detachment from misery and anguish; without it we would have a lot more sick vets on our hands.... on the other hand, the military does little to engender turning this mental posture "off", once its embedded in returning soldiers.

The cruelest part of this is that it happened 2-years ago. And citizens are once again reminded why Sherman proclaimed during the Civil War, "All war is Hell." (I think it was Sherman). It is too easy to be a patriot now. Supporting our soldiers does not mean supporting children riddled with heavy cannon fire from an attack helicopter.

On a personal note; I cant see the RPG that the radio voice identified, I can't see that these were "bad guys," and no way can I tell that one or the other were 'not with them' in any sense of the word. Perhaps they were too eager, but that is again, not something that can be avoided in a combat zone. It is the constant treachery of warfare. I often find myself wondering if people who criticize the soldiers has any notion of how sloppily and indiscriminately the tools of war are used... and that includes anyone in the arena, civilian or otherwise.

I too am somewhat ashamed of the event. But I am not shocked that it happened; my only shock is that it takes so long for people to see what war does, what it makes of our people, and why it is foolish not to realize that there WILL be uncomfortable or even deadly consequences for these events. All because people seem to truly expect combatants to only fire on one another. There's a lesson in there somewhere.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Untrue. The voice of the average US citizen was clipped a long time ago. We really have no say in what the government does. Our vote doesn't mean anything. We can protest all day long and the only thing that will become of it is our civil liberties being infringed by the same people that swore to uphold our constitutional rights. The US government is just a sham.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by janon

Ok, I was wondering why it was stuck at 359 views. I guess because of the traffic?

Hopefully we'll see this on many news stations, but I'm keepin' my fingers crossed until that happens.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Well I watch that video and I’m flooded with an immense sense of anger and hatred towards the American military as well as the American people for continuing to allow this to happen. I can only imagine how it must make the Arab world feel.

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join