It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Video Released!!

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by neechi

This is a war zone designated by the United States. The people fighting are not "terrorists", as much as the media would like you to believe. Iraq never had any connections with the "terrorists" of 9/11 or the supposed "Al-Qaeda" involved, ever.

At most, someone shooting at the coalition in Iraq could be called an "insurgent", which is funny, because it's their country to begin with, and "insurgent" implies that they're sneaking around trying to disrupt an occupying force... oh wait. Had the tables been turned, and us Americans were fighting the way the Iraqis do, the Americans would be called "patriots" and "freedom fighters". How do I know this? We've been here before, it was called the Revolutionary War, when the Crown of Britain tried to invade the Americas on the basic grounds that the colonies "Defied the Crown". Sound familiar.. ? Iraq defying orders from America and then being invaded.. ? No.. not familiar?

Anyway, these fighters are "insurgents", who for the majority fight because 9 times out of 10, their relatives were slaughtered by American forces and they now seek vengeance. Which is what every normal human being has ever done during any war. See "Braveheart", "The Patriot", etc.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DopesickRenegade

It is true it happens in every war...but it still does not make it right. Someone here said it first. This is why when we go to war, we declare it go in wipe out every piece of resistance and get out. Letting them rebuild themselves.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by rufusdrak
Just go on with your day and know that you're living in a sick country.

It's not our country that is sick. It's our government. Just like how it wasn't the iraqis that were sick. It was their genocidal dictator. Although i fear we are not much of an improvement over Saddam right now.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
These Australian MSM outlets, The Age newspaper, The Herald Sun and News.com.au now have this story on their front page. Its gaining momentum people. Let everybody know what is happening in the name of "Freedom".

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by rizla

Originally posted by rufusdrak

Originally posted by rizla
WILL THESE MURDERERS BE BROUGHT TO JUSTICE?

Nope they won't. Don't hold your breath. This video is nothing compared to what has been going on for the past 10 years over there. Wow big deal 8 guys killed? Have you even been watching the news? The U.S. kills dozens of civilians every WEEK in afghanistan alone with their drones and missiles. This is a weekly occurrence. Nothing will come of this and no one will be brought to justice. Just go on with your day and know that you're living in a sick country.

I don't live in America, thanks. If you have become inured to this time of scene, you need to wake up.

AND WHY THE HELL DID THEY SHOOT AT THE VAN? WTF was the justification for that? The idiot even calls it an SUV first of all.

I've been awake for a long time now. It's not me that needs to wake up it's the other retarded americans who are 'outraged' at this action now that it's blowing up all over ATS yet they were busy watching American Idol for the past 10 years while U.S. has enslaved and killed over 1 MILLION CIVILIANS in Iraq and Afghanistan and continues to be embroiled WEEKLY in controversy over killing innocent children, pregnant women, etc in afghanistan.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Sickening to watch.

But was not the second firing on the van against the rules of engagement, there were no weapons seen, even the pilots don't say anything about weapons.
Just two guys taking an injured man away in a van.

link   
reply to post by SmurfBeliever

For all those that denounce America, let's see if your media can force the USA to actually debate and talk about this issue. Put some world sanctions on us, so that we know how much in control you guys are over your own governments. We can not do this by ourselves, this video was released in the USA and you see how much control we have? We have none...I hope other countries have control.

link   
How incredible and utterly disgusting it was to watch this Wikileaks video!

It was painful to watch the vile behaviour of these bloody indoctrinated corporate murderers! Just listen to their arrogance and attitude, it's shameful!

And the most sad part is all the war apologists, and all the indoctrinated/brainwashed warmongers who are defending these vile and utterly disgusting actions & crimes against humanity - You should really be ASHAMED of yourselves!!

Yes! you should bow down in shame in front of the whole world and especially to all children that have been afflicted with so much pain, horror & sorrow from these phony wars!

These kids in the video (if they survived?) should be taken care of economically for the rest of their lives with the best education & housing paid for by the American collective - and the people responsible for these crimes should be forced to make an apology in public to these children, in front of them.

Thankfully in all this sadness! this awful news-story is spreading like wildfire among the major newspapers here in Europe as front page news - and the whole world can now see these vile atrocities.

And now we can read this from the Wikileak article in Huffington Post:

Just this morning, the New York Times confirmed a gruesome cover-up by U.S. forces in Afghanistan. Officials who had repeatedly denied reports by Jerome Starkey in the Times of London have now confirmed that American Special Operations soldiers slaughtered three women in a nighttime raid in February -- and actually dug bullets out of the bodies of the women as part of a cover-up. Starkey says U.S. and NATO forces are rarely held to account for the atrocities they commit.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

What a hell is the matter with some people? this is insane!

There are no excuses! the madness must stop now!

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Chevalerous]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DopesickRenegade

Originally posted by Damian-007
The world had better take notice of this Disgraceful and heinous act.

Those Trigger Happy Soldiers couldn't work out that was a Camera he was Carrying and that RPG, was that the Camera Man trying to take a Photo of the Helicopter? There was no RPG there at all.

If the rest of the World doesn't take notice and take action, then i'm afraid the rest of the World is is just as Bad..

The way those Soldiers acted has Brought Shame upon not only themselves, Not only on the Marines but the Whole of America.

This Video should be shown on every TV station on Prime Time News so it

can reach as many people as possible..

Obama would surely have known about this.. Shame on you Obama, Shame on you..

I am so Angry right now.

Would you have been able to tell the difference if you didn't already know it was a camera? It's pretty easy to second guess decisions when it's not your ass on the line. To me this seems like a very tragic mistake.

???? Did you see how far they could zoom in ???? some of the shots clearly show that that thing can be zoomed in a hell of a lot ... why didnt they do this to identify the weapons ... it seems the only reason they used the zoom it to take another shot at already wounded people

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Ah those guys on the radio were hilarious. Too bad about the kids though.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by King Loki

Yeah I'm not buying the 'couldn't tell if they had weapons' argument after viewing a second time it is pretty damn obvious no one was armed and they zoomed in amazingly close a few times, and no I am not referring to the editing employed. The whole thing is disturbing as hell.

link   
reply to post by Well

That comment was unnecessary. Please go somewhere else and troll.

link   
Disgusting...

Pure evil at work, and I mean REAL EVIL, that lives inside those men that thinks there's a reason for this LIE call "war on terror"!

The US is the world terror! The biggest terrorist country in the world. PERIOD.

This people, is generating something called KARMA, and you'll see how bad it would be.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I read half the comments posted on my local news station's website (www.komotv.com) and had to stop. People were giving negative scores to anybody who spoke out against the actions of the troops in the videos, and many said the same tired "Meh it's war that's what happens."

War my ass, this was execution for fun.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by King Loki

Originally posted by DopesickRenegade

Originally posted by Damian-007
The world had better take notice of this Disgraceful and heinous act.

Those Trigger Happy Soldiers couldn't work out that was a Camera he was Carrying and that RPG, was that the Camera Man trying to take a Photo of the Helicopter? There was no RPG there at all.

If the rest of the World doesn't take notice and take action, then i'm afraid the rest of the World is is just as Bad..

The way those Soldiers acted has Brought Shame upon not only themselves, Not only on the Marines but the Whole of America.

This Video should be shown on every TV station on Prime Time News so it

can reach as many people as possible..

Obama would surely have known about this.. Shame on you Obama, Shame on you..

I am so Angry right now.

Would you have been able to tell the difference if you didn't already know it was a camera? It's pretty easy to second guess decisions when it's not your ass on the line. To me this seems like a very tragic mistake.

???? Did you see how far they could zoom in ???? some of the shots clearly show that that thing can be zoomed in a hell of a lot ... why didnt they do this to identify the weapons ... it seems the only reason they used the zoom it to take another shot at already wounded people

Thats the main detail that I would like to point out to everybody who claims that this was a 'mistake'. That camera zoomed all the way in to check on the situation with the van, why not use it to confirm weapons? This is pure and simple inhumane careless and reckless on the part of the US military & government. I do not condone such behavior on my behalf.......how long until enough is enough......this government DOES NOT REPRESENT ME in any way, shape or form, in either political party.....those heathens are the same.

SMH, This is a sad day for America

Edit for grammatical error

[edit on 5-4-2010 by phishfriar]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Terrorist could be a bad use of word, but hostile to americans none the less...like I said I don't condone the actions but were not over there and don't know fully what these troops are going through or have seen...and looking back there's is a guy with what in my opinion clearly looks like an rpg peaking his head around the corner, and to add at around 2 20 into the video one of the men has his ak out...not saying its right again, but were not in there shoes...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

I´m glad to read you believe so. What I realized some time ago is that it´s always easier to see how others are being played than how they are playing ourselves, so we shouldn´t rush to judge an entire country for actions that people may no be even aware their government is enforcing in their name. It´s just ridiculous to blame all of the american people for what their armed forces do around the world. It´s much fruitfull and intelligent to show what you´ve seen from the outside and help them get aware of how they are being played, at least that´s what I wish others would do for me given the case.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Now that it has been released how long before the founder(s) at Wikileaks go missing, commit suicide, have a accident or are outed as pedophiles? Bet our crappy corporate media covers that story.
The soldiers acted like it was a turkey shoot..like they need to get in some practice.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Im sorry but how this was hyped really let me down, "execution" of journalists, seriously, execution it wasnt. Am i the only one who payed attention to the ENTIRE video, time sequence 3:45 there are clearly 2 men with weapons, the 2 journalists? no they are pointed out very well, at 3m45s however there are 2 men with weapons in the same area as the jounalists in the same general group of Iraqis. A ground unit in the area had reported being fired on, as they say in the video, then you see a large group of Men, yes a group of Military age men, in a group with weapons, yes weapons, look at 3m45s, and 2 other men with large objects slung over thier shoulders. Sorry conspiracy guys i see this as a very unfortunate and tragic event that happens in war, is it tragic, YES, is it regreatable, YES, is it war, YES, is it as advritised a conspiracy to execute journalists, NO, at least not in this video guys. Those poor kids, to say though u dont know how they were hurt, they got hurt when that 30mm shell exploded in their van, sometimes the military are just that way. remember Korea was called a police action, tell that to the frozen Chosin

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cantthinkofaname
I read half the comments posted on my local news station's website (www.komotv.com) and had to stop. People were giving negative scores to anybody who spoke out against the actions of the troops in the videos, and many said the same tired "Meh it's war that's what happens."

War my ass, this was execution for fun.

Well you'll be happy to know over at digg.com where it will get ALOT of views,

digg.com...

It's currently at first place with 3500 diggs.

The comments there are almost all similar to ours here at ATS.
With the apologists being dug into oblivion.

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join