It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Video Released!!

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND
Wow!

Sounds to me like most folks here would have been happy if this group had gone on to kill Americans (which is exactly what they were going to do).

The news reporters could have been smart enough to stay away from folks who were about to do harm on Americans, but they stayed and paid the price.

Nothing more to see here, move along.

Nothing to see here just a troll move along people.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
You act suprised? What did you think was going on in countries you evade?
It was your tax money that payed for training of these, hell i don't know what to call 'em and not brake rules of this site...these cowards. It was your tax money that payed bullets in that minigun. It was your votes that put in power masters of these dogs.

Their blood, and blood of countless many just like them, women and children dating back to Vietnam, their blood is on your hands.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Compulsionist
You guys have to realize that if you keep killing innocent people and carving up pregnant women , their families will hate you for your freedom.

OK, that wraps it up for me.

Obvious troll is obvious.

What kind of bait is that? Shrimp? Stinkbait?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Makes me very sad!

When I saw this video, I felt like if I had lost my loved ones!
Which is what happened.

My heart hurts!

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Isosceles

If you look closely before they open fire coming arouund the building it looks like a guy holding an rpg is watching the helicopter from the corner, I would take that as about to open fire....granted though there was no fire from the ground, I didn't know the cia already commented or even agknowleged the killing

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Some more info for your perusal. Read the last few sentences please.

Co-pilot / Gunner Position Looking like some type of periscope, the most prominent feature of the front cockpit is the Optical Relay Tube (ORT) mounted in the center of the instrument panel.CPG's instrument panel This is the key display and control unit for the CP/G, while performing tasks crucial to the gunner's role. Through this device, the CP/G can locate, identify, track, and engage targets. There are three main sections form the ORT. At the top of the unit sits the Head Down Display (HDD). It is a monocle display unit surrounded by a rubber coaming which would surround the gunner's eyes when his head is down in the unit. It is this section which gives the ORT its periscope-like appearance. With the gunner's head down in the display, video is placed before the right eye by means of a lens. The area occupied by the left eye is thus far not in use and sealed with a plastic cover. From this display, data from the various sensors can be presented to the CP/G through a combination of video images and alpha-numeric symbology. Being that close to the display, fine details of video images can be seen by the CP/G, crucial for detection and identification of targets.

Source

[edit on 5-4-2010 by red_d]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
What a reckless use of force.... This brings shame on all Americans. I feel extreme sorrow to see what has gone on in a war I once supported.

What havn't we seen...

-E-

First - every head of a household can own an AK47
Second- They had an RPG
third - The cameramen were following a group of insurgents preparing to attack US soldiers.
fourth - Anyone with an RPG is an Insurgent
fifth - This is justified the cameramen were following insurgents and sht happens......
They only reason this was withheld is because of the collateral damage that occured and the first guy that they said was a cameraman HAD a weapon.
You can hear the forces on the ground telling them that they were shot at... What is the big freaking deal. They were hiding behind that wall with an RPG.....

this has become propaganda this is crap

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Reign02]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
This was one of the comments on my town's website in response to the story.

why dont we fight fire with fire.. in other words fight them the way they fight us. blow up buildings with no troops within miles. blow up hotels, restuarants and any place full of citizens. why waste time fighting people who actually have guns, just kill every innocent person you can that does not say allah. they use children as shields and hide guns for the cameras, so they can claim civilians are being murdered while they cowardly kill innocent children. we on the other hand wear uniforms so they know who we are. we do not hide behind children and kill people shopping in malls or eating in cafes or sleeping in hotels like they do. wake up idiots and see what is really going on.you are doing just what they want you to do. turn on your own and feel sorry for the poor cowards. see how much they care when they have a chance to kill you.

The ignorance of some people.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Star and a Flag to keep this on everyone's mind. This video makes me sick. Especially appalling is the attack on the VAN. They're just trying to help the wounded. There is no need to fire on it. War is sick. We need to get out of Iraq and now. They are more than capable of controlling their own country without us. War is Hell and this video shows it. I hope there isn't a backlash against American soldiers in this country. I know that most are normal people just like anyone else you know. Sure we don't know the context but I'm horrified.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by amazing]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I love how most of you are blaming us civilians and our tax dollars like this is what we want...funny how that happens...not us the people but our government, if it were up tp me I wouldn't pay taxes so the war machine would die...but be ignorant and blame americans, not the government

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reign02

Originally posted by MysterE
What a reckless use of force.... This brings shame on all Americans. I feel extreme sorrow to see what has gone on in a war I once supported.

What havn't we seen...

-E-

First - every head of a household can own an AK47
Second- They had an RPG
third - The cameramen were following a group of insurgents preparing to attack US soldiers.
fourth - Anyone with an RPG is an Insurgent
fifth - This is justified the cameramen were following insurgents and sht happens......
They only reason this was withheld is because of the collateral damage that occured and the first guy that they said was a cameraman HAD a weapon.
You can hear the forces on the ground telling them that they were shot at... What is the big freaking deal. They were hiding behind that wall with an RPG.....

this has become propaganda this is crap

Good points but there was no reason to attack the VAN and I think everyone in this country has grown insensitive to the war. War sucks. It hurts and innocent people get killed and mutilated. We need to be reminded of this. Time to get out. Time to stop the drone attacks on civilians.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
I tried to be objective when viewing this... fog of war and all that. But I see several reasons why this was irresponsible behavior:

1) When they claim they have identified an RPG (as Saeed was peeking around the corner), to me it is obvious that it is a camera. They didn't even bother to zoom in to confirm (which that made quite apparent that they could do later when they zoom in on the van).

2) The kids were very apparent in the van. The men didn't acknowlege them at all on the audio. It seems to me that they were suffering from operational blindness, meaning they were looking at people they had already decided were insurgents and never bothered to investigate further.

3) All of the quotes from the military higher ups that are saying "yes, this was a group of bad guys" is offensive to me. I have a son in the airforce and his fiance is in the Army. Another good friend of the family is also in the Army. Mistakes happen in war, it is unfortunate, but should be acknowledged. The fact that the brass covered it up is disgusting. I didn't see where the soldiers identified the camera and tripods instead of RPGs and AK47s...is that perhaps in the longer version?

I'm in complete agreement with you.

My thing is also this:
If I were in a place that may be hostile, wouldn't I want to carry some heat with me also? I mean crap man!

The fact that they wouldnt take the kids to a US hospital is criminal in itself!
CYA i guess.

I dont put all our troops in the "murderer" category.

Being the "devils advocate" here, the forward observer is giving bad info to his command and control in an office setting somewhere. The C&C has to take care of his men. The real Aholes are in the chopper. I can understand them wanting to protect their fellow troops but this is sloppy work big time!

there was no honor in these killings. period.

Helluva way to win "hearts and minds"...not.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by neechi
reply to post by Isosceles

If you look closely before they open fire coming arouund the building it looks like a guy holding an rpg is watching the helicopter from the corner, I would take that as about to open fire....granted though there was no fire from the ground, I didn't know the cia already commented or even agknowleged the killing

pretty sure that someone already posted a zoomed up shot of that and what it was is a guy with a big telescopic lense on his camera, i.e. one of the journalists I presume and the camera is aimed downward and he was looking at it.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I come from the land of the midnight sun ,or the country where this particular video was produced ....... you'll figure it out.

And no my backyard ain't spotless at all , our government was complicit in the US crimes , but we removed our government.

You see, we realized that in the end you are responsible for your government and their policies. No two ways about it , Fact!

We are in fact just now paying a price for our complacency, and you will too.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

Dont infringe on thier delusions of what is turning out to be armchair speculation and backseat soldiering. What is obvious to the person looking at a rock from a moon photo is a interdimensional wormhole creation station to the people that see handfull of roses and i love you america greatting cards in the hands of these guys.

The collateral damage sucks .... who doesnt think so? The troops did what they could to save them "the children".

There is not to my knowledge an "Insurgent Guidebook" so all the speculation about "oh this is how insurgents act/not act bullhockey".

War is hell..... im not sure what people dont get about that. Oh thats right theve never seen it up close. Well neither have i so im gonna give them the benefit of the doubt that its the truth.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
we don't attack civilians on purpose.....
The insurgents hide amongst them so when we do get them it takes out 4-10 civilians. They plan it this way so they will have propaganda against us. As for the van attack that was a bit much but in war there is collateral damage. This war has had the smallest CD (collateral damage) than ANY war in history.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Something else got my attention about this video.

I'm not a pro when it comes to procedures in a war zone, but why was that group walking around aimlessly and not with coalition forces? I mean, they had no identification on them what so ever that announced they were PRESS.

What happened to wearing vests that said PRESS or something else that identified them as friendlies?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiKFury
reply to post by Reign02

Dont infringe on thier delusions of what is turning out to be armchair speculation and backseat soldiering. What is obvious to the person looking at a rock from a moon photo is a interdimensional wormhole creation station to the people that see handfull of roses and i love you america greatting cards in the hands of these guys.

The collateral damage sucks .... who doesnt think so? The troops did what they could to save them "the children".

There is not to my knowledge an "Insurgent Guidebook" so all the speculation about "oh this is how insurgents act/not act bullhockey".

War is hell..... im not sure what people dont get about that. Oh thats right theve never seen it up close. Well neither have i so im gonna give them the benefit of the doubt that its the truth.

Seeing how I have been to Iraq and Afghanistan I think I would know how they operate. And no there is not an insurgent guidebook but we know what they do to protect themselves. I have seen war upclose and I am sure you have not. This war is not like all you civilians think it is.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by rufusdrak

What page is the picture? If you know please tell me I'm on a phone and its a pain in the @ss to look through every page...thank you

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

I was agreeing with you maybe i was unclear.

line

new topics

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join