It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Video Released!!

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by time91
According to the shooter who was begging to shoot and laughing at the people he was killing? The same one who with all of his training thought cameras were AK-47s and a tripod was an RPG?
If they were shooting at them then why did they stop when the helicopter came back around? If you're engaging an American apache helicopter you wouldn't gather into a tight group, in broad daylight, in the middle of the street, in plain view if that helicopter...

If you watch it again, you can clearly see one of them pointing a weapon around a corner and shooting it.

An RPG looks nothing like a camera, so don't even try that card.

I would have been more critical of the video if they just have AKs, since and AK is in every home over there. As soon as I saw the RPG, that pretty much made them bad guys who were correctly engaged.

As far as the van goes, why did they bother to collect the weapons? Shouldn't they have just grabbed people if that is what they were there for?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
In the beginning of the video, "...this location and there's more that keep walking by and one of them has a weapon." doesn't explain why they were there and what they were looking for. This is an atrocity but who ordered it? Seems like, unbeknownst to the helicopter men, journalists were the target because of the extreme prejudice used on a wounded man being rescued. It's a "leave no one alive" and "leave no one to talk" scenario with the actual targets not clearly defined so that all were mowed down.

Maybe Reuters knows what information these journalists had that put such a price on their heads. There's a villian here but he's still in the shadows.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
i said i would eat my words if this video was actually real.

I am sad to say that I'm eating them and they taste depressing, foul, and disheartening.

I've always known Government was corrupt. Really.

But i never knew that this kind of atrocious act to a human life could be not only committed by my government, but also covered up and some how justified.

I am simply without words.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Why do people keep saying "It's a war, stuff happens"

Last time I checked neither U.S. nor Iraq ever declared war on each other. U.S. illegally invaded and illegally occupied Iraq based on falsified evidence of WMD. When Weapons of Mass Destruction were not found in Iraq, the U.S. instead of apologizing and pulling out decided to stay anyway for the oil and regime change.
So don't call it a 'war' and say that the u.s. soldiers are at 'war' and have to take out the combatants. The "combatants" are in a sovereign country and could be having tea for all we know because they are NOT at war. They were gunned down in cold blood in a peace time sovereign country.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I don't even know what to say. This is the most disgusting thing I've ever seen. And the attitude... I'm simply astonished.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND
As far as the van goes, why did they bother to collect the weapons? Shouldn't they have just grabbed people if that is what they were there for?

I just watched that part of the video again just to make sure I wasn't missing something. I still do not see a weapon being picked up or even a weapon at all during the portion when the van pulls up to it being destroyed. Can you point out where the weapon is for me because I must be missing it.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by janon

I'm getting tired of dishing it out on this thread, been angry all day.

But I will say this.

You assume that your vote was ever worth anything , it never was. You also assume that standing somewhere with a sign will change anything , it won't.

It's simple , if you do not want to participate in slaughtering people, then don't. Don't vote , stop working , stop paying taxes, stop the war,done deal!

That's all it takes.

If enough people cared , this war could be stopped in a heartbeat.

As of yet , not a whole lot of Americans seem to care which goes a long way to prove my point.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Compulsionist
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Dude...you are an American right ?

Here's a heads up..

Americans are running amok all over the place killing people in the name of America . You as an American are responsible ,simple really and yeah... pretty logical - and trust me when I tell you that most of the western world shares my opinion.

It´s been going on for decades. You guys have had plenty of chances to change the course, you just decided you had better stuff to do.

How do you figure?

The first thing i will point out is that the news that you, a nonAmerican, gets vs the news that we get are completely different. It is all propaganda meant to rally the populace in one direction or another.

You have had your mind indoctrinated into whatever it is that you government wanted to have it indoctrinated into. We Americans have been having indoctrination of our own. Look at this thread. When did US news sources start carrying this? It happened in the middle of their business day, yet news orgs onthe other side of the planet were able to get out of bed and post the news first? Bah, never. It is just that we get our version of the news, meant to skew our mindset towards a US stance. I would suspect that it is the same everywhere, given the propaganda we have seen in Iran.

But lets go one step further....what are we to do? Whatever nation youa re from, i can swear that yours likely has blood on its hands as well. Do you own such decisions? Look at our current president. The nation is weary with war, and voted him in on a promise to end war. Is war ended? Nope. It has been stepped up, actually. So, the citizens of the US did exactly as you suggest we do (and voted in a candidate that was VERY popular abroad), yet we got he exact same result: warlike, blowing our money left and right.

I would recommend that you think this through a little further. Buying into the "anti-America" meme is just as silly as the silly political ideology meme that has America so divided right now (and, i suspect other parts of the world). TPTB are doing whatever in the hell they want to do, and the American voter can't do anything about it.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
People think the victims actually "Looked" like insurgents is completely absurd. If they really had weapons wouldn't the insurgents be hiding or running or doing some type of suspicious behavior?

The US soldiers were the terrorists on this attack,
The US government is playing with our troops and making them kill innocent people. We need to wake up and get our troops to do so as well

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND
If you watch it again, you can clearly see one of them pointing a weapon around a corner and shooting it.

Clearly? This is friggin ridiculous.

He is clearly squatting and looking down at the back of his camera that has a telephoto lens.

Unbelievable what people think they see.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

reply to post by janon

I'm getting tired of dishing it out on this thread, been angry all day.

But I will say this.

You assume that your vote was ever worth anything , it never was. You also assume that standing somewhere with a sign will change anything , it won't.

It's simple , if you do not want to participate in slaughtering people, then don't. Don't vote , stop working , stop paying taxes, stop the war,done deal!

That's all it takes.

If enough people cared , this war could be stopped in a heartbeat.

As of yet , not a whole lot of Americans seem to care which goes a long way to prove my point.

If this is what you expect of me, to stop working and providing for my children. To just stop living my life and trying to make it better for myself and my children. If this is what you want, then tough titty. Ain't happening.

I would like to know from where you hail. If your own back yard is dirty, and you are telling me to mow mine (and how to mow it), then what? You gonna quit your job and starve? good luck with that.

The very fact that you would suggest this is so ridiculous as to exclude you from further conversation.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by COOL HAND

If that guy 'shot a weapon' that you say is an RPG then where the f*** did it go?
Then, again, even if they shot at them with an AK why right afterwards did they gather in a tight group, in the middle of the street, in broad daylight, with the helicopter circling around?
No one would do that. No one.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Lets just say the soldiers have seen something they've desired to see, even though it's not there but to justify their actions they had to convince themselves that these poor folks had weapons.

It's disgusting and completely absurd as to what these soldiers did, and nothing justifies such behavior... nothing.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

You see, that's your mistake right there mate.

Thinking after decades of this crap that voting in a new Pretzel would change stuff. Man , you guys are beyond repair.

Assuming that your vote means anything !?

Get real.

I´m sorry for the harsh tone but this is getting out of hand and apparently somebody has to tell you guys what's up. Fact is , I'm clueless as to where you dig up these asshats that run your country.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
It's terrible the way these soldiers have been brainwashed into so indiscriminately ending human life. Disgusted. They were never a threat, that was cold blooded mass murder.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I find it hilarious that people are saying that the reporter rode into the middle of an "ongoing battle" with "obvious insurgents".

SOMEONE PLEASE so that I don't think I'm crazy, can you name me a single battle in history where the enemy is congregating out in the open just talking? What kind of "battle" is this??? Would they not be hiding or squatting behind stuff waiting for the 'evil americans' to come get them? These guys are standing out in the middle of the open having a chat and you people have the gall to tell me it's an open 'battle' between the enemy and the "idiotic reporters" rode into the middle of it and got what they deserved?

My god people.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I'm just surprised that anyone, on this website especially, is surprised at this. This isn't the scary part, the scary part is what never gets recorded.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I completely agree with you. I´m from Argentina and I believe we are being played all around the world to be misinformed, fearfull and confronted, not just between countries or nationalities, but with our own neighbours. We sholud start talking to each other and listening instead of arguing and insulting before we forget how to do so and we become totally isolated from our peers. Please don´t get me wrong, I´m no pacifist or hippie minded, I just believe that we, the ordinary guys, are way unprepared and unorganized to face the regime (Fascism) that will be imposed in our near future in global scale and have any chance of survival.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

That's all it takes.

What? I don't follow your logic. So you are saying that I should refuse to take care of my family and become a hippy. I've never killed anyone in my life. How would that solve anything other than letting my children starve to death? Is that your plan? Every US citizen should die? You are letting your anger cloud your judgment.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

No,what I'm actually saying is that if enough people wanted to stop this they could . Make your own particular flavor of revolution , it's up to you.
Or even take my suggestion literally , it would only take a day or so.

Yes, my government has blood on their hands by being complicit in US crimes.

Yes , my government is corrupt to the core.

What did I do about my corrupt Government , well.....with the help of a few fellow citizens I only removed them from office, does that count?

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join