It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Wikileaks Video Released!!

page: 36
600
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I've seen this posted on reuters and the washington post so far. I hope (coming from an american) this is dealt with in the most justifying manner, I hate being represented like this, all americans are not like this.

this is distubing and extreamly unfortunate, and those involved should be tried.

www.reuters.com...

why the f*** is this not more important than tiger woods sex life, what is wrong with us!!??




posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
i play a lot of online games, and the language used by the soldiers is just like that of 10 year olds who play these online war games. the men shooting just want to be MVP, and get their kills up. even when the bodies are lying on the ground, they don't respect them, they just run over them. i wouldn't be surprised if they started to t-bag the bodies.



posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicademus
 





Not done reading the thread yet but thought i would pop in and say i just went over to Yahoo news site and they do have a story on it but it is getting no attention.


Was just reading the comments on that yahoo article....um yeah...TYPICAL F'N IDIOTS.

"The reporter shouldn't have been there."

"they should make them wear bright orange jackets."

The morons haven't even watched the video.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by David9176]



posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012
 


Damn. They sure do take editorial leeway to the outer edges. Eh?


Army Accused of 'Video Game' Killings"



Investigative organization WikiLeaks releases video it says shows U.S. forces in Baghdad firing on and killing as many as 25 civilians in Baghdad, including two journalists.


... not only do they once again distort and sensationalize the actuality But adding to the numbers seems a common trend as well.


FWIW:
I, personally, find this situation rather unacceptable with regards military standards, but not having been there certainly allows for more conjecture and monday-morning quarterbacking than I'm comfortable with at the same time.

I saw a congregation gathering 'round other individuals on the street ... in no way a seeming or potential [direct] "threat"

Then, again...





[edit on 5-4-2010 by 12m8keall2c]



posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Very sorry to see that this happens in the world, but saw nothing out of line in the actions of the shooters. 2 guys with cameras along with 6 guys with AK-47's and one rocket launcher got smoked. Too bad the camera guys were with them, probably should have stayed at home. As far as the kids in the van, that is very unfortunate, but was not the result of malicious actions on the part of the shooters. They called in that the guys from the van were picking up bodies and guns and got orders to shoot.

I'm not saying that it's good, and I'm not agreeing that the US should have been in the war in the first place. I'm just saying that viewed in the context of what it was it was done in an acceptable manner and the soldiers in the video on both sides did nothing wrong.



posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire
 



You must be very young or have never been in a country overrun by trigger happy murderers before.

Your smugness is a testament to that ignorance.

This video makes real humans revolted and nauseous. It also makes Americans shamed to their core. I'm an American and vouch for myself here.



posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
CNN now running video on homepage

CNN



posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
You're average GI/Soldier/military man whatever the hell you want to call him/her is a brainwashed, indoctrinated, uneducated moron.......just how the government likes them. This video shows it. Wow! Thank god for the internet. Mistake? Haha..........I could tell that RPG was a camera by looking at the video. My support for the "troops" has waxed and waned for the last ten years. But things like this pretty much seal the deal for me. There might be a few guys and girls I support as individuals in the military...but overall and collectively.......F#$K the US military and the US government!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bunch of psychopaths. Pathetic that soldiers hide behind their little cameras, and sophisticated technology like it's a goddamn video game. Nice shooting?


Look at all the morons apologists in this thread defending this lunacy! LMAO! I don't know what's scarier.....the fact that the US military and government are as evil and corrupt as the terrorists they claim to be fighting against......or that so many Americans at home blindly follow them into war! Frankly, I'm sick and tired of hearing about the military bitch and complain about rules of engagement and this and that. If the US military ever had to fight a REAL enemy with an advanced military I'd hate to see what would happen. The big bad US military can't even win the war in Afghanistan against a bunch of goat herders with RPGs wearing sandals. LMAO! I love seeing this karma play out!

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Zosynspiracy]



posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
And finally we have the spin we expected.

www.cnn.com...

Reads as if the government were actually explaining to you what happened.



posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by OverSword
Very sorry to see that this happens in the world, but saw nothing out of line in the actions of the shooters. 2 guys with cameras along with 6 guys with AK-47's and one rocket launcher got smoked. Too bad the camera guys were with them, probably should have stayed at home. As far as the kids in the van, that is very unfortunate, but was not the result of malicious actions on the part of the shooters. They called in that the guys from the van were picking up bodies and guns and got orders to shoot.


Nothing out of line from the action of the shooters? Are you kidding me? Their language was out of line, it was sickening to hear the way they were 'playing war' I don't know how you can see it differently unless you are as sick as them.

And what rocket launcher are you seeing? It was a camera! If I can tell that from watching a crappy video, what do you think the men in the choppers saw? Exactly.

And the children getting harmed was very unfortunate but they're children everywhere, and when the US is raiding countries and trying to take them over for stupid reasons, which isn't even the point here, the need to take into consideration who they are killing and not just get the "OK" to shoot upon civilians. Not to mention the men trying to help the wounded should not have been shot upon, it's against the rules of engagement... but all is fair in war I guess, right?



posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

The worst part of all of it was the van. People just helping the wounded and they were mowed down like they were nothing.

That was someones son, daughter, father, or mother. Dead....for trying to be a good human being and helping someone who was hurt.

Listening to the language the soldiers were using, was as you said, as if they were playing a video game.

It reminded me of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.


Indeed. I watched that and I'm still in shock and with tears in my eyes. That damn bastard, that soldier... so eager to shoot. God damn it people, god damn it! Inoccent people, killed as if they were nothing!

Something else that infuriates me is that CNN has picked up on this story but won't show the whole video! PEOPLE NEED TO SEE THIS!



posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Wow!

Sounds to me like most folks here would have been happy if this group had gone on to kill Americans (which is exactly what they were going to do).

The news reporters could have been smart enough to stay away from folks who were about to do harm on Americans, but they stayed and paid the price.

Nothing more to see here, move along.



posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OverSword
 


Please tell me your trolling, and you don't actually believe this. Did you watch the whole video?
They were laughing about killing innocent people and running over their bodies. The shooter was literallybegging to shoot everyone. Even if they had guns, they were standing in a circle in broad daylight, threatening no one. Also I doubt that they had guns because no one has said they found guns on the ground so they were hoping to get the benefit of the doubt. Not to mention military officials lied to the press about this. God, what else can I say? If you think this is okay, then you need to have a moral compass transplant.



posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND
Wow!

Sounds to me like most folks here would have been happy if this group had gone on to kill Americans (which is exactly what they were going to do).

The news reporters could have been smart enough to stay away from folks who were about to do harm on Americans, but they stayed and paid the price.

Nothing more to see here, move along.


No need for intelligence agencies or the billions wasted on funding them, here we have someone who is so clued up, they know what people are going to do before they do it.



posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal
 


Accident or not anyone ever killed my child like that I'd be a life long terrorist hell bent on seeking revenge on whoever was responsible. We've killed how many innocent people in these stupid wars? I mean have we not avenged the deaths of the people who died on 9/11 a thousand times over, implying you even believe that is the reason we are over there? How many new terrorists have we created for every innocent we've killed? 10? 15? 20? Pathetic. There will NEVER be an end to war let alone the war on terrorism. The US government is OUT OF CONTROL! It's time the people put them down like the dogs they are. And if the paid bandogs who call themselves the US military don't support the people in doing so......they should be put down as well. Enough is enough.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Zosynspiracy]



posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by OverSword
They called in that the guys from the van were picking up bodies and guns and got orders to shoot.



I'm not sure if we are watching different videos but in the one that I saw, the black van pulled up and and attempted to pick up a wounded man and put him in the van. There was no sign of any wrong doing and no weapons or anything that might be misidentified to be a weapon can be seen. So if they "called in" they were picking up bodies and weapons, they were lying.



posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Disgusting blatant psychopathic murder.

I am ashamed to be a US citizen today.

We can no longer call them terrorists after we are so freely exterminating them wherever they stand.

Inexcuseable.

The end of days deserve to be upon us all if we let this go unpunished.

Im sorry to say these soldiers should be set in a field and targeted and wounded by 30mm fire, and then turned into peices with followup shots some minutes later.



posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Skellon
 


Yeah definitely spin. No outrage, no commentary...just oh it's a sad fact of war and we investigated it and found no one at fault. All employees at Reuters need to walk out in protest of their companies supportive stance toward these incidents.



posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
When I see footage like this i get this weird, almost dizzy sensation. Can never explain why.

Anyway for the Aussies reading this i have found the email addresses for the news departments of Channel Ten and ABC.

pics@ten.com.au
yourpics@your.abc.net.au

Send away!!

Channel 9 and Channel 7 only have submission pages which are dodgey at best. I'm sure SBS will be all over this anyway.

Let's submit this in big numbers and force them to cover it



posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
You're average GI/Soldier/military man whatever the hell you want to call him/her is a brainwashed, indoctrinated, uneducated moron.......just how the government likes them. This video shows it. Wow! Thank god for the internet. Mistake? Haha..........I could tell that RPG was a camera by looking at the video. My support for the "troops" has waxed and waned for the last ten years. But things like this pretty much seal the deal for me. There might be a few guys and girls I support as individuals in the military...but overall and collectively.......F#$K the US military and the US government!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bunch of psychopaths. Pathetic that soldiers hide behind their little cameras, and sophisticated technology like it's a goddamn video game. Nice shooting?


Look at all the morons apologists in this thread defending this lunacy! LMAO! I don't know what's scarier.....the fact that the US military and government are as evil and corrupt as the terrorists they claim to be fighting against......or that so many Americans at home blindly follow them into war! Frankly, I'm sick and tired of hearing about the military bitch and complain about rules of engagement and this and that. If the US military ever had to fight a REAL enemy with an advanced military I'd hate to see what would happen. The big bad US military can't even win the war in Afghanistan against a bunch of goat herders with RPGs wearing sandals. LMAO! I love seeing this karma play out!

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Zosynspiracy]



WOW statements like just show how F****** ignorant you are its real easy to pass judgment on people from your computer desk



new topics

top topics



 
600
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

log in

join